PDA

View Full Version : What happens when you master a map?

rboarman
01-30-2012, 04:49 PM
When all the jobs in an area are completed, the area becomes "mastered" and the jobs reset at a new level.

What exactly does this mean? Do the costs for the jobs change? How about the rewards and drops?

Why would i want to master an area?

Thank you.

Crime City Mark
01-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Each rank of mastery gives you a different prize, and the jobs in that area pay out more.

rboarman
01-30-2012, 04:54 PM
I've spent a couple months farming one map for a drop. Should I master the area a few times before continuing to farm?

Ohaithere
01-30-2012, 04:54 PM
And you get a skill point per map you master fully?

Whoopdido1980
01-30-2012, 04:59 PM
I've spent a couple months farming one map for a drop. Should I master the area a few times before continuing to farm?

Just depends on how you want to play. I'm a bit of a completist so at the moment my plan is to master each map. I've mastered each map up to Circuit Street. I'm on level 2 of that one. I fear I'm going to lose interest in this game long before I finish my goal though as I think it's going to take a very long time to master each map. For the time being that's what I'm doing though.

Chris Hill
01-30-2012, 06:11 PM
I was mastering each map until approx the Docks. At that point, I started doing just level 1 up to the Junk Yard. I am now at the shooting gallery for all my Energy and trying to build my economy and A/D. I can sympathise with the desire to complete all (I am fighting the urge to push for level 9 in the Machine Gun), but, IMO, it levels you up too quickly without the commensurate increase in A/D to allow you to compete at those levels.

In saying that, some power level and some play the game as intended.