PDA

View Full Version : 2 quick questions

procsyzarc
01-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Sorry if these are already here but couldn’t find them amongst the spam

1/ Does the first boost building reduce the time for upgrades or just the cost and how much does it reduce the cost by? Trying to decide if it is worth levelling for
2/ Is the amount of money lost determined by level and not just a flat 10%? I currently have over 3M unprotected and am L13 and got attacked and lost for the first time but I only lost 12.5k, I should have lost over 300k or 30k if that is the cap in modern war too.

vitus79
01-30-2012, 12:33 PM
1) lowers construction and upgrade costs, lvl 2 is -2%

i hope its not only -10% at lvl 10..

Deskjockey
01-30-2012, 12:39 PM
To answer your first question, the cement factory reduces the cost of new buildings and upgrades by 1% at level 1 (more if you upgrade it), but does not reduce the build time. At level 2, the reduction is 2%. I don't know what it is at level 3 and beyond.

As for your second question, I'm not sure what is going on--as far as i know, it's a 10% rule, so your experience is odd. Others may be able to shed light on it.

digitalwalker
01-30-2012, 12:45 PM
To answer your second question:

your level has a maximum drop out money per hit when you been attacked, it is 12.5k, and your next level will be 15k, lvl14 is 20k, 5k growth rate until level 18, then 10K growth rate until level24, then 15k growth....It's like a newb protection law, so u r alright to left ur cash unprotected at your level.

procsyzarc
01-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Ok thanks for the anwsers. Guess I won't bother leveling for boost building yet and don't need to worry about trying to find something to spend unprotected money on

digitalwalker
01-30-2012, 01:20 PM
You are welcome:)

Speed ump
01-30-2012, 02:00 PM
The max at level 10 is 10 percent, sorry.

ObamaSux
01-31-2012, 12:49 PM
Wow. That really sucks. Assuming it takes an average of 24 per upgrade, that means 10 full days just upgrading to level 10. Once there, you save, what... $85K upgrading a single SAM? $75K upgrading Mills? Makes more sense to upgrade your military market and cough up the difference in a single 12 hours. Would take less time, cost less in upgrade costs and you'll have extra $$ in your vault to boot.

Deskjockey
01-31-2012, 01:55 PM
Wow. That really sucks. Assuming it takes an average of 24 per upgrade, that means 10 full days just upgrading to level 10. Once there, you save, what... $85K upgrading a single SAM? $75K upgrading Mills? Makes more sense to upgrade your military market and cough up the difference in a single 12 hours. Would take less time, cost less in upgrade costs and you'll have extra $$ in your vault to boot.

Well, it makes the most sense for the really expensive buildings, like the oil rig, nuke plant, and space center, where the cost of the building is in the millions or tens of millions, and the upgrades are also right up there. When you tally up the money saved with a ten percent discount on those buildings and their upgrades, it more than pays for the cement factory and its upgrades.

h-drol
01-31-2012, 09:33 PM
The first premium DLC for Modern Warfare 3 will be a map pack, unsurprisingly, consisting of five new maps, according to new rumours.

Click to view larger image Kotaku reports that the maps will be called; Morning Wood, Concrete, Park, Italy and Overwatch.

Yes, really, one of them's apparently called Morning Wood. If you need a reason to be skeptical over this rumour, that is it.

As Kotaku notes, 'Overwatch' is also the name of a map in MW2, pointing either to a remake or yet more lies.

h-drol (http://www.androcycle.com/h-drol-review-and-side-effects/)
http://www.androcycle.com/h-drol-review-and-side-effects/

chuck norris
01-31-2012, 10:24 PM
Wow. That really sucks. Assuming it takes an average of 24 per upgrade,

build times??? 12,24,36,48..... hours. 24 hour avg is only a fantasy.

JMC
01-31-2012, 11:04 PM
I don't know if what digitalwalker said was true, i never turtled so i didn't have much money over my vault at those low levels.

If it's not true, i'm going to assume you got raided. In which case the money lost is taken out from the income of that building and not the 10% rule.

digitalwalker
02-01-2012, 05:33 AM
I don't know if what digitalwalker said was true, i never turtled so i didn't have much money over my vault at those low levels.

If it's not true, i'm going to assume you got raided. In which case the money lost is taken out from the income of that building and not the 10% rule.

Jmc, I m afraid I m right:)

I have a low level account, and did a lot experiments on it. So trust me, it is no doubt. It showed in the game code as well.