PDA

View Full Version : Where is the forum cleaner?

Vile Lynn
01-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Just asking'...
It is gettin reeeeeeally baaaaaad.

blondealex
01-30-2012, 11:04 AM
I was thinking the same thing

J.J.
01-30-2012, 11:06 AM
We really need a mod here badly.

I've been in a cranky mood lately & would love to take some frustration out on some spammers haha.

Duke.0
01-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Anybody know where i can get some Police Scanner Frequencies?

Vile Lynn
01-30-2012, 11:14 AM
LOL, this forum!

Tramp Stamp
01-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Anybody know where i can get some Police Scanner Frequencies?

http://www.radioreference.com/

G Wiz
01-30-2012, 11:32 AM
User funzio warned for spam overload

Bruiser
01-30-2012, 12:56 PM
We really need a mod here badly.

I've been in a cranky mood lately & would love to take some frustration out on some spammers haha.

Cheer up J.J cant be that bad :)

Joeycool
01-30-2012, 01:37 PM
The spam is at an all time high isnt it... proper bad!

deuces
01-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Ya, forum is getting stale really quickly for me. Spam is out of control!!

deuces
01-30-2012, 04:05 PM
I feel like we should stage a revolt or something...all the regs go on posting strike for a few days until funzio gets their heads outta their asses and spend 20 minutes fixing this crap.

Vile Lynn
01-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Exactly, deuces... 20 min... not hard.

Clean up the trash.

Tramp Stamp
01-30-2012, 04:19 PM
I feel like we should stage a revolt or something...all the regs go on posting strike for a few days until funzio gets their heads outta their asses and spend 20 minutes fixing this crap.

I suggest the polar opposite: all members become spammers and flood the forum with garbage.

Ohaithere
01-30-2012, 04:32 PM
I suggest the polar opposite: all members become spammers and flood the forum with garbage.

How come hatter knew of this plan weeks if not months before us?

Ffej
01-30-2012, 04:38 PM
How come hatter knew of this plan weeks if not months before us?

Now that was a good one.........well played Ohaithere

Crime City Mark
01-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Right now we have a couple degrees of verification that cut down the spam a bit, but we've got some more coming out. We're also going to be doing some IP banning, but that can get messy fast.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Right now we have a couple degrees of verification that cut down the spam a bit, but we've got some more coming out. We're also going to be doing some IP banning, but that can get messy fast.

why not assign moderators from among senior members who check the forum several times a day? that is cheap and effective. we have been suggesting that for a while now. i don't know why there is resistance on FUNZIO's part.

deuces
01-30-2012, 05:45 PM
why not assign moderators from among senior members who check the forum several times a day? that is cheap and effective. we have been suggesting that for a while now. i don't know why there is resistance on FUNZIO's part.

Maybe they think they would have to give that person too much info on the "Dev" side of the game? I'm not sure. This seems like it should be a step thats taken as well, but just filtering out the spam bots should be an absolute no brainer.

Crime City Mark
01-30-2012, 06:42 PM
It's not resistance, it's a lack of time to be able to monitor. We're working on it, and should have the infrastructure together soon.

whocareswhatmynameis
02-01-2012, 02:42 PM
bump

we're waiting...

J.J.
02-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Wow, board just got slammed.

Crime City Mark
02-01-2012, 02:58 PM
bump

we're waiting...

Please don't bump threads. If you have something to contribute to a thread, feel free.

Ohaithere
02-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Mark is it possible to implement something so you can easily monitor a new mods work for istance:
you give a new mod powers to ban members for 24h and in that time you can review if it is a fair ban.
Give a mod lock thread powers
When the mod is a player like us and not a dev then every thing they do with their mod powers gets marked up and connected to your account so you can quickly and easily review the work they have done for the day to make sure they are being sensible?

Thx and just suggestions

Crime City Mark
02-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Those are some interesting suggestions, and we already have a lot of things in place to put together a mod team. The main issue right now is that we're dramatically understaffed and can't dedicate the time to getting people set up and up to speed as well as monitoring them. We're bringing on some new staff very soon and that should give us a lot more options.

Joeycool
02-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Those are some interesting suggestions, and we already have a lot of things in place to put together a mod team. The main issue right now is that we're dramatically understaffed and can't dedicate the time to getting people set up and up to speed as well as monitoring them. We're bringing on some new staff very soon and that should give us a lot more options.

Thanks for the response Mark.

I'm sure you are all very busy at Funzio, and there is lots of time needed to manage the forum. However there are lots of people here at your disposal who really value the forum and would be happy to help you moderate it.

A resource that you should really think about using!

Crime City Mark
02-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Joey, you might have missed the part where I said we had a lot of things in place to put together a mod team. That should strongly indicate we want to put together a mod team, which would, by it's nature, be made of players. As soon as I can get some more staff in here we'll get a mod team put together and rolled out. Almost certainly by the end of the month.

Vile Lynn
02-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks, Mark.

Bruiser
02-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Its a step in the right direction...

Ohaithere
02-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Yep thanks for the inf and response. Also if mods were to have less power then a way of marking a thread with the offense for you to get to it easier, on the down side of mods though we would need them to be lenient enough so it is not just a nanny forum.

My best outcome wold be a mod whose only power would be the 24h ban on an advertising account and flag up any very offensive threads for you to decide or maybe temporary lock

Sorry if this should be in suggestions

whocareswhatmynameis
02-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Joey, you might have missed the part where I said we had a lot of things in place to put together a mod team. That should strongly indicate we want to put together a mod team, which would, by it's nature, be made of players. As soon as I can get some more staff in here we'll get a mod team put together and rolled out. Almost certainly by the end of the month.

that's what i wanted to hear...

Hero of Time
02-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Any new on that cleaner......

Don't necro threads.

Hero of Time
02-02-2013, 07:16 PM

And 1 year later, did that ever happen? No.

DvD
02-02-2013, 07:42 PM
If only there was a spreadshet, I think none of this would have happen. Santa, why?

dudeman
02-02-2013, 07:42 PM
This is actually the most relevant necro that has ever occurred on this forum.

Well done!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lokzw4Koni1qlcg2qo1_400.gif

DvD
02-02-2013, 07:45 PM
http://www.radioreference.com/

*faints*

is it .. really ..

*faints again*

.. you :?

Ericinico
02-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Just asking'...It is gettin reeeeeeally baaaaaad.He's off on his weekend break. Then he'll come back for MW faction help and announcements only. Factions have kicked aside crime city. 😢

Boom
02-02-2013, 09:27 PM
He's off on his weekend break. Then he'll come back for MW faction help and announcements only. Factions have kicked aside crime city. 😢U know this is necroed right, sir?

Ramshutu
02-03-2013, 05:04 AM
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x401/SpankyDaDJ/VariousImages4BoardUse/BanHammersAndOtherBanImages/BanHammerBatSignal.jpg

Hero of Time
02-03-2013, 06:11 AM
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x401/SpankyDaDJ/VariousImages4BoardUse/BanHammersAndOtherBanImages/BanHammerBatSignal.jpg

lol great pic.