PDA

View Full Version : Never stop upping you D, even if you think you have enough.

J.J.
01-30-2012, 08:31 AM
This is especially true for HL players. I was looking at someone's game who is a Level 82 player, and I saw many players on his rival list with stats equal to, or higher than mine (23,000 attack/29,000 defense). That was pretty scary to see. A lot of these newbs coming up are going to be very tough. Just thought I'd warn people.

blondealex
01-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Agreed, I have started seeing many more people with M4's than I did even a couple weeks ago. Far more people educating themselves in forums now. I can't imagine what my stats would be like if I had become a forum member earlier.

dudeman
01-30-2012, 08:46 AM
My defense stat has been one giant struggle right from the start. It seems low yet I am able to fend off most attempts on me, the big exception to that being HL players who can see me and kick my ass every time.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. I know I am seriously lacking in M4A1s, but I have no control over drop rates so there isn't much I can do about that.

If the up-and-comers are going to be that strong, what can I do for my defense before it's too late?

Vile Lynn
01-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Cha! All of them will have 500 M4's before lvl100.
2 types of players coming up: those with M4's & those without.

sorry, not turning this into anotha' M4 thread, I swear!
Thanks for the warning, J.J.

blondealex
01-30-2012, 08:56 AM
I have really started to like the Bodyguard Agencies. You can buy them easily with Tapjoy and the upgrades are really cheap and fast.

Tramp Stamp
01-30-2012, 09:05 AM
I estimate having more M4 A1s than max mafia members somewhere around level 70. The Army Base Double Decker location doesn't open up until level 86, so I might have 500 before I start farming those. I guess it'd be something like S&M Chokers to fill the void, I dunno.

dudeman
01-30-2012, 09:05 AM
I have really started to like the Bodyguard Agencies. You can buy them easily with Tapjoy and the upgrades are really cheap and fast.

I thought about doing that, but I decided I would rather put the free gold towards increasing my unimpressive economy. Doing that will allow me to afford better items and more expensive building upgrades, including defense building upgrades.

I'm beginning to wonder if my weak economy could be to blame for my defense stat being far lower than I would like it to be.

Thanks for the warning, J.J.

Where are my manners. Thanks for the heads up J.J.

Max Power
01-30-2012, 09:24 AM
I would love to beef up my D if I knew what that really meant. The game metrics leave that a mystery. I have 35K in defense and someone with 18k just robbed me. Wondering why even bother?

Dudeman, your stats were really unusual, which is why I attacked you a few days ago. You had about 25k attack and a little over 20k defense. I was surprised aith 20k attack to actually drop a fight to you. I have never seen someone in the game with 20% more attack than defense, at least at your level. Not sure how you managed that, or if those stats were befoire you bought your fleet of Exceleros, but that level of imbalance at this level is unusual. Most people have more defense than attack.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-30-2012, 09:34 AM

this idea would have been great were it not for the defense building debacle. defense building stats as advertised are not really what you get at the end. imho, upgrading past level 3 is not a cost effective proposition. given this fact, gold defense buildings incl. bodyguard agency are not worth investing in. if your economy is decent, go for gatling turrets instead.

dudeman
01-30-2012, 09:38 AM
I would love to beef up my D if I knew what that really meant. The game metrics leave that a mystery. I have 35K in defense and someone with 18k just robbed me. Wondering why even bother?

Dudeman, your stats were really unusual, which is why I attacked you a few days ago. You had about 25k attack and a little over 20k defense. I was surprised aith 20k attack to actually drop a fight to you. I have never seen someone in the game with 20% more attack than defense, at least at your level. Not sure how you managed that, or if those stats were befoire you bought your fleet of Exceleros, but that level of imbalance at this level is unusual. Most people have more defense than attack.

The answer is actually very simple. I stocked 500 anthrax grenades. I made it to 10 napalm and decided that those are not economical for me at this point. If not for attack explosives my stats would appear completely normal... only I would be about 6k weaker in attack.

Explosives are tricky and unreliable though (specifically attack explosives as I do not use defense explosives). Players with far lower defense than my attack can set them off, even when I win. It wasn't until late last night that I picked up on a small detail that can be an indicator of how at risk the explosives are. I'm still trying to verify that though.

Before anyone asks, I still have the old explosives prices and consumption rates.

Max Power
01-30-2012, 10:09 AM
The answer is actually very simple. I stocked 500 anthrax grenades. I made it to 10 napalm and decided that those are not economical for me at this point. If not for attack explosives my stats would appear completely normal... only I would be about 6k weaker in attack.

Explosives are tricky and unreliable though (specifically attack explosives as I do not use defense explosives). Players with far lower defense than my attack can set them off, even when I win. It wasn't until late last night that I picked up on a small detail that can be an indicator of how at risk the explosives are. I'm still trying to verify that though.

Before anyone asks, I still have the old explosives prices and consumption rates.

Ah, that would explain it. I often forget to look in that area.

I use Molotov's for my Canary in a Coal Mine strategy, not to build actually numbers.

dudeman
01-30-2012, 10:26 AM
Ah, that would explain it. I often forget to look in that area.

I use Molotov's for my Canary in a Coal Mine strategy, not to build actually numbers.

I've started watching the avatar actions more closely. If I think it's going to be a really close fight I will make sure to wait until I can see the rival's avatar clearly before attacking.

If they bring a knife (or worse) to a gun fight, they don't stand a chance. If I see them pull out a gun, I'm gone after one fight, regardless of the result. If a rival shows a knife, bat, or bare fists, my explosives are safe and I can fire away.

Like I said, still verifying that, but so far my theory is holding.

That being said, it's of no use to me in determining how well I defend against rivals.

Amber_
01-30-2012, 11:25 AM
I've started watching the avatar actions more closely. If I think it's going to be a really close fight I will make sure to wait until I can see the rival's avatar clearly before attacking.

If they bring a knife (or worse) to a gun fight, they don't stand a chance. If I see them pull out a gun, I'm gone after one fight, regardless of the result. If a rival shows a knife, bat, or bare fists, my explosives are safe and I can fire away.

Like I said, still verifying that, but so far my theory is holding.

That being said, it's of no use to me in determining how well I defend against rivals.

This is very interesting. Will try this theory myself.. let's keep in touch!

Tramp Stamp
01-30-2012, 11:28 AM
I thought the avatar actions were common knowledge. dudeman has it exactly right: "If you see a gun, run. If you see fists, feel bliss."

G Wiz
01-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Hmm so your going off of avatar Weaponry?

Maybe its funzios way of showing their secret defense level from low-fists, medium-knives, or high-guns...interesting debate however I feel like funzio wasnt this particular for some reason

G Wiz
01-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Funny,

Now we have to wonder when the lower levels can see us higher ups lol.

Its a 2012 pole shift in power!!!! Prepareee!!!
We have been warned! Lol

Tramp Stamp
01-30-2012, 11:35 AM
"Oh noes! The low levels can see us! We're doomed!"

dudeman
01-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Wel I just brought a gun to a knife fight and lost 5 anthrax grenades.

I guess it's not always an accurate sign for explosives. I did win that fight though, so it's a good way to predict the fight outcome.

Vile Lynn
01-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Wel I just brought a gun to a knife fight and lost 5 anthrax grenades.

I guess it's not always an accurate sign for explosives. I did win that fight though, so it's a good way to predict the fight outcome.

Doesn't it feel like they just stole $27,000 from you?

Max Power
01-30-2012, 12:30 PM
"Oh noes! The low levels can see us! We're doomed!"

Danger to teh manifold!

J.J.
01-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Looking at this guy's game again, I saw a Level 79 player with stats of 31,000 attack/42,000 defense. Fights won: 14,357 Fights Lost: 2

Look out Payam! lol

Joeycool
01-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Looking at this guy's game again, I saw a Level 79 player with stats of 31,000 attack/42,000 defense. Fights won: 14,357 Fights Lost: 2

Must be a major gold buyer to have stats like that ay that level.

Twinkie
01-30-2012, 01:44 PM

OMG i'm sooo gonna get beat. My stats are similar to yours JJ. It's crazy to see all these new players coming up with higher stats than us. I didn't know about M4 farming til like lv 90, and this forum til like, uh....2 weeks ago. Stop posting good info so these newbies can use GUYS!!! :p Hahaha, it's all good, we just have to up our D. No matter how strong we are, there are always stronger players. I'm beating up on several players lv 150+ on a regular basis. Guess they don't even know about the forum back then or strategic planning.

Only thing I hope is no newbie use me to complete his "Winning Streak" goals. That would be embarassing. No 10x wins for you. Just when he about to get his 10th, he'd lost. Have to restart all over, SUCKA!!!!

dudeman
01-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Doesn't it feel like they just stole $27,000 from you?

It sure does. It's even worse when you win 9 fights no problem and then win the tenth fight too but lose a pile of explosives.

It really is strange how you can lose while you win.

Novalak
01-30-2012, 02:18 PM
hang on, so once you cross level 100 you dont use 505 mafia for instance?
stops at 500?

Tramp Stamp
01-30-2012, 02:18 PM
It really is strange how you can lose while you win.

You should try Modern War, where "winning" a fight costs hundreds of thousands.

dudeman
01-30-2012, 02:21 PM
You should try Modern War, where "winning" a fight costs hundreds of thousands.

I understand where you're coming from, but a powerful military actually does spend a huge budget in order to "win".

Us criminals are looking for situations where it's all profit!

Joeycool
01-30-2012, 02:25 PM
hang on, so once you cross level 100 you dont use 505 mafia for instance?
stops at 500?

Maximum mafia size is 500
Maximum level is 200

J.J.
01-30-2012, 02:34 PM
I have my strategy down for modern warfare, camp for months at level 4 building all my stuff up to level 10 & amassing a hundred million in cash.

Tramp Stamp
01-30-2012, 02:39 PM
I understand where you're coming from, but a powerful military actually does spend a huge budget in order to "win".

Us criminals are looking for situations where it's all profit!

Hm, I'd argue it's the same in that they're both expecting spoils. Criminals are just more more honest about it. In the Modern War version of reality the "Tonkin Gulf incident" ended with the destruction of 3 aircraft carriers, 5 battleships, and 27 F-22 Raptors.

Tramp Stamp
01-30-2012, 02:42 PM
I have my strategy down for modern warfare, camp for months at level 4 building all my stuff up to level 10 & amassing a hundred million in cash.

I tried doing that but got bored after a month.

Joeycool
01-30-2012, 02:45 PM

I have my strategy for modern war too. Install, play to level 3, get bonus rifle, delete.

G Wiz
01-30-2012, 03:16 PM
I have my strategy for modern war too. Install, play to level 3, get bonus rifle, delete.Haha!

Win

whocareswhatmynameis
01-30-2012, 03:20 PM
I have my strategy for modern war too. Install, play to level 3, get bonus rifle, delete.

funny as always. in hindsight, that' what i should have done.

Tramp Stamp
01-30-2012, 04:28 PM
in hindsight, that' what i should have done.

Ditto. The biggest middle finger it gives players to players on their way out is that decorations are visible only to yourself and not visitors so no creative messages will be seen.

The Boost Buildings, Cement Factory in particular, piqued my interest, but then I found that it grants 1% per level, for 10% sticker price savings at level 10. Come on, it'd take years to recoup that investment. On top of that you still need to have the full amount on hand to make purchases.

Ffej
01-30-2012, 04:43 PM

Same exact strategy I followed as well. Reading comments from those that stuck with it, I don't feel like I missed anything.

madawgg
01-30-2012, 04:58 PM

Look out Payam! lol
how can you see someone at lvl 79? you are lvl 150ish aren't you?

dudeman
01-30-2012, 05:10 PM

She's not on her game, she's looking at a game that probably belongs to someone she knows.

deuces
01-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Fwiw i'm level 101 and have never seen anyone with 30k attack. MoMo was close, and defense was around 35k...but not attack. Im war'ing with a whale right now who is level 98 and has stats of 29k/28.4k with barely any defense buildings. I'd say hes spent over 3k on the game tho, and has definitely bought volt's as well as gold buildings/weapons. He's got the highest attack i've seen yet tho, and i rob a lot.

Synergy
01-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Yes, never stop upping your D's kids. A lot of people find DD's ideal :) . On a serious note, I have noticed a lot of up and comers in the late 120's/early 130's with crazy stats for their lvl (and even lost a fight to a couple). A lot that I've noticed like that are players who have also taken their time leveling (and a few of which I noticed have been playing as long as I have).

Max Power
01-31-2012, 04:27 AM
This is especially true for HL players. I was looking at someone's game who is a Level 82 player, and I saw many players on his rival list with stats equal to, or higher than mine (23,000 attack/29,000 defense). That was pretty scary to see. A lot of these newbs coming up are going to be very tough. Just thought I'd warn people.

Look out Payam! lol

Exhibit A.....

madawgg
01-31-2012, 08:09 AM
Exhibit A.....
lol bam! rushed to a conclusion! my bad! lol but actually once for some reason my rival list was all 70s when I was lvl 156...so i was just wondering if JJ has run into the same situation...

J.J.
01-31-2012, 08:23 AM
The lowest level that shows up on my rival list is 124.

Anubis
02-01-2012, 05:56 AM
Upping defence is always a good thing, but it has to be done properly. Defence buildings don't give you the true defence listed on them (although I think Funzio updated the def goals so total building defence counts for them).

Each defence bulidings gives its listed defence value, then each upgrade just adds an additional 50% of its listed defence. This might be altered alightly by funzio in the future but not in a major way. Thats why Agencies are useless and why Max Power for example (who has a fair few I think) can get robbed and PVP's by ppl with much lower att than his listed defence. A lot of testing was done on building defence (I think one is in the sticky), but now the defence goals show listed defence instead of true defence anymore testing is near impossible.

You can always as someone to PVP or rob you to let you know the defence that is shown in the fight screen, thats your true defence.

Upping defence is always good but needs to be done correctly.

1) equipment obviously - the defence listed is fully used in defending robs/att;s.
2) low space def buildings like gattling turretts - take 8hours to build then 4hours to upgrade for a total of 38 real defence.
3) if your happy with your income, keep 500 Smoke bombs topped up - thats an additional 1K defence

Interms of other buildings for defence, just think wisely and understand what you getting. After Gattling Turretts its probably best to go for Sniper Dens to lvl 2-3 then if you don't mind waiting 2days build time (total of 100days to make lol) go missile turretts.

If Funzio do change things, it will only be slightly, like each upgrade gives you double base instead of just half the base value listed on it. Robberies are easier yes, but theirs obviously other things like the diffeerence in success chances in PVP VS Robbing.

For those with lvl10 Agencies, they only give 55 real defence even though they list 826. A level 10 Watch Tower gives around as much as 1 M4. so if you see hoods with lots of those with high listed defence scores you should have no problem robbing them.

K@le
02-01-2012, 08:06 AM
The lowest level that shows up on my rival list is 124.

So i am 1 level away from your radar :D

Like to see your Modern war base, i am camping on lvl 12 for a few months now and would like to add you to my big list with 32 generals :p
Pm Me your invite code if you want, and see you soon on lvl 124 i think....................

Holicaholic
02-01-2012, 08:48 AM
D
D
D
D
D
D
D

Am I doing it right?