PDA

View Full Version : Composites factory--how big a boost, and to what?

Deskjockey
01-29-2012, 04:17 AM
Does anyone know how big of a boost the composite factory provides, and whether it boosts the defense scores of each unit or the overall alliance defense? Does it also boost the scores for defense buildings? How much do the upgrades cost? I'm debating whether it's worth buying or not. Thanks!

Sepi
01-29-2012, 05:18 AM
Composites Factory gives you over-all defense boost of 2 % for your units at level 1. No mention of defense buildings and forgot to calculate it before purchasing. But seems pretty decent building to have. I´m just middle of upgrading something else, I´ll provide information for level 2 later.

Sepi
01-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Upgrading Composites Factory to level 2 costs 170K and takes 16 hours of time for 4 % boost to unit defense.

Deskjockey
01-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Upgrading Composites Factory to level 2 costs 170K and takes 16 hours of time for 4 % boost to unit defense.

That sounds pretty reasonable. I may just spring for it. Thanks for the info!

Sepi
01-29-2012, 10:51 AM
No problem, glad that helped. :)

General Principle
01-29-2012, 11:39 AM

Hate to sound dense, but I've never bought a gold building. Do I understand you to say that they are upgradable with in-game money? I had always assumed that they had to be upgraded with gold since they were purchased with gold, which kind of turned me off. It would be nice to find out that I'm wrong on that.

Nolefan
01-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks Sepi. Think I will spring for it

Sepi
01-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Hate to sound dense, but I've never bought a gold building. Do I understand you to say that they are upgradable with in-game money? I had always assumed that they had to be upgraded with gold since they were purchased with gold, which kind of turned me off. It would be nice to find out that I'm wrong on that.

No worries, it´s quite general assumption that Gold buildings and defenses (both in Modern War and in Crime City) must be upgraded with Gold bars. That is not the case, they are upgraded like any other building with money (in game dollars).

Sepi
01-29-2012, 12:07 PM
EDIT: Double post.

General Principle
01-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks, Sepi. Very good intel. The kind you would expect to find in a good online game manual (hint hint, Funzio).

Wildfire
02-01-2012, 09:46 AM

I've noticed this building starting to appear in the bases of several normally non gold players amongst my allies and rivals. Have Funzio hit on a purchase option that is encouraging normally free players to part with money?

Deskjockey
02-01-2012, 10:08 AM
I've noticed this building starting to appear in the bases of several normally non gold players amongst my allies and rivals. Have Funzio hit on a purchase option that is encouraging normally free players to part with money?

I thinks so, especially given the potential boost at level ten. I'm one of those who took the bait. It will come in handy if/when I decide to enter whale territory (I hope).