PDA

View Full Version : "Low" casualty losses have been higher than others

mdtacor
01-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Been playing for a week or so and been on a tear. Only have 5 registered losses with over 2000 wins. However, now when I attack players and rob them, I'm noticing that my losses are greater lately, especially my "low casualty" items. I was up to 235 Avengers yesterday and am now at 177. I was closely watching my Avenger losses and sometimes they were lost 2 or 3 times in a row. Am I missing something in protecting my items? It's a fun game but it's discouraging to continue playing when my defense level goes from 4000 to 3500 in a matter of hours.

JMC
01-28-2012, 10:12 PM
Casualty rate is bugged. Been broken for the last two weeks. 👍

[][][][][]

mdtacor
01-28-2012, 10:16 PM
hmmm nice to know. it's like every single item we own is randomly being lost, like there's no more control. thanks for info.
It's unfortunate 'cos it's making me not wanna fight or rob anymore and getting the valor seems pointless now that I'm losing more Avengers than I'm making.

JMC
01-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Casualty rate currently seems to mean nothing. Any free player that knows what theyre doing probably has a bunch of valor units, probably more than they have of some other units. So with casualty rate not meaning anything, good chance you'll lose your valor units.

mdtacor
01-28-2012, 10:26 PM
So I guess that changes my strategy. I was doing well for a second there but maybe since I got mostly valor items now, they are lost easier.
Guess I gotta spend my hard-earned money on items that may disappear in a minute now :D

JMC
01-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Or you could just wait for them to fix it.

mdtacor
01-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Has there been an announcement on that being repaired? If it's been in the forum I didn't notice 'cos I just made an account about an hour ago.
Wonder if we'll be compensated for our losses...would be nice to get a few gratuity gold pieces :D
I just wish I got the Military Assault Rifle for downloading War since I also play Crime City. Heard from a mod that I was too late in downloading War, or the window ended or something.

Bond
01-29-2012, 01:46 AM
JMC: Or you could just wait for them to fix it.

It's already "fixed" ;)

I'm noticing that I'm losing more of the loot items in PvP attacks. I almost always lose one of my mini-subs, or amphibious troopers. This may be a way of trimming the numbers of loot items I have, or just random luck. I very rarely do PvP attacks now. I'm just waiting until my economy can keep pace with the losses.

JMC
01-29-2012, 07:45 AM
How is it already fixed if you are avoiding pvp because of losses?

Devs already said a few times that theyre working on a pvp overhaul that will be implemented sometime soon.

Bond
01-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Sarcasm is hard to get in text ...

I'm avoiding PvP until the Devs make it workable. I still have the occasional attack to get the valor goals and to test if the Devs have made any changes.

Ramshutu
01-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Im pretty sure that then the per unit loss rate is as per the low/medium/high.

However, it's down to the statistics. If you have more of a particular type of unit, such as valor units, there is more chance that one of them will be lost. What is broken with casualty rates, is that the overall rates, and/or calculations have changed.

Maverick50727
01-29-2012, 08:13 PM
I try a few test attacks or raids every few days to see if things got fixed but everyone at my level has most of their $ covered by their vaults. Cost of my tests are losses 5-6 times my gains. I haven't been able to do any valor goals in weeks. If you have any points hold on and don't spend until bug is fixed. People are getting smart as the # of attacks and raids have dropped. Problem is in the earlier period even though I stopped attacks I stil lost a large # of valor units and 1000's off my stats. I'm forced to take $ away from upgrades to replace losses even though I'm not attacking. LOL

Khimsoo
01-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Agree. I have been losing more very low casualty units recently. Not worth raiding bases already. The algorithm must b tweak to adhere to the casualty marker else That marker is useless. Do something please.

JohnnyR
01-29-2012, 09:29 PM
What's your guys unit break down? I've diversified my meat shields a bit and have noticed a decline in high dollar losses.