PDA

View Full Version : Peace treaty has ended

Tramp Stamp
01-28-2012, 07:24 PM
After 47 days, finally an attack. I was interested in a theory I read here that postulated that stockpiling cash may actually protect the player, so I started accelerating spending with expensive upgrades. I received my first attack shortly after dropping below $10 million. I've also been gaining levels by questing, however, but I still think there's something to the stockpiling theory.

Mastermind
01-28-2012, 08:38 PM
I've been playing a similar stratedgy with my secondary profile. It's been 30 days since I've been attacked and 33 days since I've been attacked and lost. I've done very little, if any pvp attackes during this time and have begun to think that this might be keeping me off rival's lists. I almost always have more cash than my vault can hold, but didn't think this had anything to do with the lack of activity until now.

bredo2
01-29-2012, 12:43 AM
That does not work with me. I've tried to keep some cash because i simply gain money faster then i can spend with the insane upgrade times. I always get whacked for a mill or two daily.

Agent Orange
01-29-2012, 12:55 AM
If you've reached whale territory the more money you have visible the more likely you will be attacked. I actually find the opposite to what you say in the levels I am playing in.

Though I will keep an eye on this, but I do not recall having lots of cash dropping you off the radar.

EnjoyLife
01-29-2012, 05:11 AM
I've been close to 10,000,000, but not over. As you said your attackers started when you went below 10,000,000, I cannot confirm nor deny the 10,000,000 mark being the threshold. I get attacked 3-10 times a day when I'm below 10,000,000.

JMC
01-29-2012, 08:03 AM
Money doesnt make you invisible but it makes you hard to hunt for on the rivals list. When i find someone with 100mil out i can find and attack them but theyre rly hard to find again even if i come back right on the two hour mark i might have to refresh the rivals list for like 20 mins.

Nicz
01-29-2012, 08:12 AM
I reached 9 millions a couple of time and never get attacked since...a long time...

Agent Orange
01-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Interesting, I wonder if that is to solve the issue of someone buying $99 bucks worth of cash and the immediately being attacked....

Tramp Stamp
01-29-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm not guaranteeing causation or even correlation, but dropping income had a near instantaneous effect...or "instantaneous" in the context of this game, which was about two days worth of expensive upgrades. 2-3 weeks back I doubled my mafia size to no effect, and I have been steadily rising in levels for about that long. It's possible that I reached a critical level at exactly the same time my income dropped below a certain threshold.

emcee
02-05-2012, 02:16 AM
After 47 days, finally an attack. I was interested in a theory I read here that postulated that stockpiling cash may actually protect the player, so I started accelerating spending with expensive upgrades. I received my first attack shortly after dropping below $10 million. I've also been gaining levels by questing, however, but I still think there's something to the stockpiling theory.
I believe it was a coincidence than you were attacked after dropping below $10 million. On my 2 accounts I have not been attacked for 47 and 50 days. Both at level 6 with many days over $10 mil and about the last week mostly below $10 mil. When the last base upgrades was $3.6 mil and the next most likely $3.9 mil I will be under $10 mil for the foreseeable future even with my high income at my level.
As I have postulated the greatest variable in terms of getting attacked/raided in Modern War and attacked/robbed in Crime City is the number of alliance/mafia members. Having zero alliance should in theory put you in the dead zone and prevent attacks. This has held true for me on one account which has never been attacked/raided as I have not added anyone from day one and the other account having max alliance for a few days was attacked 3 times but none since dropping all alliance 47 days ago.
By the way both accounts did not upgrade the vault or utilized the vault for the first month or so.
In my opinion having whatever money unprotected or even utilizing the vault has no correlation to getting attacked.

azy
02-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Interesting topic, so allow me to add my data. I too haven't been attacked in about a month. There was a point around that time where my "news" was cleared, which had the side effect of hiding my cows. I have done 100s of PvP during that month, but received, oddly, exactly zero retaliation which is surprising because I used to see weaker players fight back out of emotions even though they stood no chance.

I'm at level 69 now, an increase of perhaps 5 per week for three weeks. My stats are enough for this level (11,000/13,000) to protect against all but spendy gold players. Perhaps every one is getting good at calculating the ROI of PvP? But I doubt it. I had been anticipating some static when crossing level 50, as often discussed on these pages. But I wonder if that threshold has been pushed up simply because there is now a wave of players at that level, which stops screwing with Funzio's algorithm. My rival list is still +-5 from my level (with very few exceptions).

My bank account has fluctuated between zero and just enough to buy the two Oil Rigs. And I have the 50 decorations requested by the missions.

Does your news section still work? For those who have been attacked recently, could you get back at the attacker?

Duke.0
02-05-2012, 12:29 PM
I have not been attacked / robbed in a month or more either.
My news feed is totally blank too and i'm level 17.

My bank has been all over the place from $0 to $5,000,000+

Not sure why this happens. But its odd isn't it that you (tramp stamp) didn't get attacked in a very long time.

Jarll
02-05-2012, 02:04 PM
If you've reached whale territory the more money you have visible the more likely you will be attacked. I actually find the opposite to what you say in the levels I am playing in.

Though I will keep an eye on this, but I do not recall having lots of cash dropping you off the radar.

That's great!! What levels are you playing in?
Thank you.

digitalwalker
02-05-2012, 03:25 PM
My low level account currently 30, has holding 20-35m for near 2 weeks now, constantly been attacked. So, at least in my level, cash didn't make me invisible.

frenda
02-23-2012, 08:34 AM
I'm lvl 70 and am still getting attacked several times a day, but not losing any money anymore. I think the algorithm was changed to eliminate the huge losses. I've stopped doing PvP and am mostly doing PvE and camping a lot, slowing down my leveling to maybe one level per week for the last couple of weeks. And I'm getting hit by higher level players, usually +5, but retaliating is pointless since most are gold players with several K more attack and defend than me. Yet they're only hitting me once since they don't get any money out of me. Discuss... :)

Wildfire
02-23-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm lvl 70 and am still getting attacked several times a day, but not losing any money anymore. I think the algorithm was changed to eliminate the huge losses. I've stopped doing PvP and am mostly doing PvE and camping a lot, slowing down my leveling to maybe one level per week for the last couple of weeks. And I'm getting hit by higher level players, usually +5, but retaliating is pointless since most are gold players with several K more attack and defend than me. Yet they're only hitting me once since they don't get any money out of me. Discuss... :)

Same here, there's something particularly annoying about losing a fight to someone using Cupid's Arrow and 30 chocolate submarines though! I obviously need a chocolate fireguard to defend against them but I can't find it amongst the defense buildings!

That said though with the right balance in the army it PVP is quite playable, I've rebalanced my army so that my high value defense units don't attack at all and near half the army on attack is Warthogs, Flamethrower soldiers and Snipers. 90% of the time I lose 2-3 of these in each fight, so each fight costs about 60-70k before I rebalanced it was more like 200k. With a decent income and lots of loot farming I can just about cover this, I'm finding very few people with any unvaulted cash so I don't rely on that. It does mean my attack is weaker than my defense, so I can't easily go for revenge on any attackers I have to pick and chose, but after weeks of stagnation it's good to get some action.

War player
02-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Those of you at high levels not getting attacked, what is your ally count?

azy
02-24-2012, 06:10 PM
My apparent peace treaty just got challenged a bit. I got one nibble where the attacker won but didn't get any cash and apparently moved on. I'm now at L76 and couldn't have done much against his 24K attack. Still, I've managed to build the two space centers, so I still see no issues with leaving cash out of vault. Not sure I'll shoot for the nanotech until my vault is 10M though

@War player: I have 500+ allies

kt3448
02-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Was just attacked.... that's exactly 60 days without an attack - ended today.

heath4pack
02-26-2012, 07:01 PM
I get attacked daily by one or two random folks.

Lvl 33 turtle here

michel
02-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Hey guys, this increase activity in PVP, does it means casualty rate is back to normal?