PDA

View Full Version : Building defence

doug19
01-28-2012, 02:44 PM
I'v read all the threads I could find on this but an still confused...

I'v decided I'm going to build up my econemy (after seeing someone with $400000/hour!!). My questions are about how to defend my newfound wealth if it is sat about before I can collect it.

I'v read that defence buildings only contribute their first level value to robbery defence and after that their value is halfed and added on at each upgrade.
Also for attack defence that your mob items defence value is halfed.

My questions are...

1) is what i'v said about robbery defence correct?
2) is what I'v said about attack defence correct and what effect do defence buildings have on attack defence?
3) what does everyone think would be the best way to help defend my money buildings?

cheers

Joeycool
01-28-2012, 03:57 PM
There are quite a few theories about defence. Most of which are rubbished by Funzio Developer Crime City Mark.

It is universally agreed by forum members that defence buildings should not be leveled up past 3 really. You may find this thread of use:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15058-Effect-of-Def-buildings-and-skill-points-against-rob-atk-by-Guru-Peacock-again..lol

I am one of the people who spent a load of real money buyin defence buildings that are essentially useless.

Basically depending what level you are... you should just forget about defence. That is my opinion and I will tell you why. I'm level 147. My stats are pretty good for my level

Att - 35079
Def - 39977

But defence does not matter one bit... Because I am in the same rivals list as players who are level 200. With 2 or 3 times the attack value of my defence.

So here is what I do... I buy gattling turrets and leave them at level one. Thats all I do for defence.

The only buildings I recommend you have are the 12, 24, and 48 hour ones. You synch your collection times to the same two times every day. Say for example 9 am and 9 pm. You only need to log in twice a day... and you collect your buildings before they can be robbed. Thats the best form of defence!

Sure have other nuildings like 8hr 6 hr etc. But get used to the idea that you cant defend them.

dudeman
01-28-2012, 05:21 PM
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that defense buildings are not useless.

It almost seems like defense buildings can be somewhat thought of as skill points.

On the skills page of the profile, the attack and defense stats essentially tell us that they improve our chances when fighting rivals or when fending off rival attackers. It doesn't say anything about robberies.

So what can we do to improve our chances of preventing robberies? The only answer I can come up with is to equip your mob with the strongest items you can afford. That seems very limiting though, so there has to be a way to get that extra edge.

If defense building stats counted in full towards attack defense no one would be able to PvP, so it does make a bit of sense that they don't work that way. That being said, I think upgrading the defense buildings is very similar to adding skill points to a specific skill. It seems to be the only real extra edge for defense against robberies, other than buying a lot of powerful gold items.

procsyzarc
01-28-2012, 09:55 PM
I agree with Joe there will always be someone who can rob you, best bet is sync your buildings and accept those that you don't get to will be robbed. I do mine at 6:20 which is when I normally am having breakfast and dinner since doing this never had a 12 or 24 hour building robbed apart from after leveling and they are out of sync.

Building defense can't be the full value since if it was everyone would be untouchable and the game would die

As for how it actually works..... No idea there have been theories posted he but all have been wrong in at least someway

erik
01-28-2012, 10:01 PM
So thanks to JoeyCool being so helpful, I finally saw that my attk defense today. Hoping to see my rob defense soon.

I only have one defensive structure over level one, so it was easy to see that attack defense = Listed defense, minus all defense points past lvl 1, and minus all tycoon bonuses to the lvl 1 structures.

Joeycool
01-29-2012, 05:31 AM
I do mine at 6:20

Aha. Thanks for the info. Would that be 06.20 GMT? ;)

procsyzarc
01-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Aha. Thanks for the info. Would that be 06.20 GMT? ;)

Gmt +12 although drank too much last night and missed this morning, but they didn't get robbed so they are out now

Joeycool
01-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Gmt +12 although drank too much last night and missed this morning, but they didn't get robbed so they are out now

ha ha! I wouldn't rob you now I know who you are mate.

(6.20 BTW... thats early!!)

Novalak
01-30-2012, 01:47 PM
I have built a spreadsheet with all weapons defence buildings etc, i have come to the conclusion

Defence buildings add to robberies only
Robberies use 50% of your equipment stats + Defence buildings
Defence for attacking uses equipment only
Money buildings do not account for defence

I currently have 20629 defence
Adding my equipment and defence buildings in excel come to 20596
I have not taken into account my 3 defence... so my guess is thats the difference

When I have attacked, I found someone with all defence building values shown and attacked, I worked out it was attacking minus this number

Robbery...

If my theory is correct, No one under 11127 can rob me which is almost what im seeing. This could be 60% or something as I see people stronger than this fail then succeed numous occations

Thoughts?

erik
01-30-2012, 09:17 PM
I think the defense thing is messed up. JoeyCool and I shared each others Attk and Rob defenses and they were exactly the same!! I was very surprised at this.

So either:

My defense is my items + lvl 1 defense from buildings - tycoon bonus.

Or:

The buildings add more defense than is listed in the attk/rob screen.

It is easy for me to calculate as I have 1 lvl 5 tower and a ton of lvl 1 gatlings and launchers.

This seems pretty lame. (Although good for someone in my position.)

Joeycool
01-31-2012, 06:52 AM
I think the defense thing is messed up. JoeyCool and I shared each others Attk and Rob defenses and they were exactly the same!! I was very surprised at this.

To clarify...

Erik is saying my attack defence was the same as my rob defence.

And Eriks attack defence was the same as his rob defence.

He is not saying that our defences were the same as each others.

white frog
01-31-2012, 08:00 AM
I think that I've got the final answer, as I've proven this quite a few times with my accounts:

The building defense statement is correct. You get the full defense at level 1, and then have of this level 1 figure is added at each upgrade. This will give you a base # for each building, and it will count 100% for robberies.

Equipment does count for robberies, your equipment defense is cut in half.
Same goes with defense buildings during robberies. If you take that base # for each building, you will get half of that value.

I can tell you that defense buildings are not worthless! Yeah, they're not as good as we thought they were a couple months ago, but for the longest time I hadn't invested anything in armor, and had a lot invested in buildings, and I got robbed very, very little. Now that I've invested in some armor, I don't ever get successfully robbed.

Defense buildings are a lot more valuable at lower levels than at higher ones, so they would be great for noobies to get their feet wet and not have to worry about losing all their income.

white frog
01-31-2012, 08:05 AM
Here's the thing I really don't understand about this whole issue with Funzio... why not just just list the true values from the beginning? I mean, if we knew if from the beginning, it would have just been part of the game, and we would have all accepted it without ever questioning it. It's only when we noticed there was a discrepancy that fits got thrown. It's not that we don't really like how the defense building values work, it's that we were deceived! Maybe gold buildings cold have been a little different... I know they're out to make money.

Amber_
01-31-2012, 08:28 AM
Here's the thing I really don't understand about this whole issue with Funzio... why not just just list the true values from the beginning? I mean, if we knew if from the beginning, it would have just been part of the game, and we would have all accepted it without ever questioning it. It's only when we noticed there was a discrepancy that fits got thrown. It's not that we don't really like how the defense building values work, it's that we were deceived! Maybe gold buildings cold have been a little different... I know they're out to make money.

Of course it's about money... The cash funzio has gotten from selling agencies is huge! They don't care if they lie as long as they make money out of it. Otherwise they would have wrote the true numbers, but people are much more willing to buy gold if they think they get more defense from it than they really do (of course). THAT'S how funzio ****s their players. And not even now, when it's out in the open how wrong the numbers are, do they come forward and change the numbers showing to the real number. No sorry's, no explanations, nothing....

BigCheese
01-31-2012, 08:45 AM
invest at your own R!$K :P

Swifty
01-31-2012, 09:06 AM
Trust no one.

doug19
02-01-2012, 02:29 PM

I'v got the exact same thing looking at someone else's rob and attack defences and so did they looking at mine. Think all these defence theorys are going to need updating soon...

whocareswhatmynameis
02-01-2012, 02:43 PM
I'v got the exact same thing looking at someone else's rob and attack defences and so did they looking at mine. Think all these defence theorys are going to need updating soon...

can you explain a litte bit...

jlhy
02-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Previously the fight screen and the rob screen displayed 2 different values. Currently the fight screen and rob screen display the same values. So if you go into a rivals hood and rob one of his buildings and look at the defense listed on the rob screen then attack the player and look at the defense value listed in the fight screen. The defense numbers will be the same.

Joeycool
02-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Previously the fight screen and the rob screen displayed 2 different values. Currently the fight screen and rob screen display the same values. So if you go into a rivals hood and rob one of his buildings and look at the defense listed on the rob screen then attack the player and look at the defense value listed in the fight screen. The defense numbers will be the same.

Yes that is exactly what I have found recently.