PDA

View Full Version : First 3 buildings to sell



Fedor
01-27-2012, 07:00 AM
There has been some discussion in the forums about whether selling buildings is a good idea, but it seems clear that when expansions start to cost over a million, some aren't worth their space. What are the first 3 buildings you would sell to gain space at higher levels? Mine, mostly because of space, payouts and cost to upgrade are:
Chinese Restaurant
Arcade
Sports Bar

Max Power
01-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Those are three excellent ones to sell.

Vile Lynn
01-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Clothing store, IMO it is only worth the space for others to rob for the RPs.
Gas stations, lotsa space for little income
Guard Dog Training Centers, if including defense buildings, space is better filled with Gatling Turrets.

murf
01-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Warehouses, if you didn't upgrade them to much....a lot of space, little $$/hr

Fedor
01-27-2012, 08:43 AM
I was thinking gas station as well, but I already upgraded it to level 4, do you get more money for selling upgraded buildings?

Max Power
01-27-2012, 09:04 AM
You get half what your last upgrade cost. Honestly, selling these things shouldn't have much positive impact on your income regardless.

Tramp Stamp
01-27-2012, 09:37 AM
For a mathematically rigorous answer to this question, sort the spreadsheet by $/hr/sq. The answers aren't surprising, however. Basketball Court is very low ranking, but I doubt most people would eat the sunk cost in gold. Gas Stations, Pawn Shops, Gun Shops, Delis, Diners, etc. rank low if they are unupgraded, but most of the time they will be upgraded. Beyond all that it is, in order, Warehouses, Clothing Stores, Electronics Stores, Chinese Restaurants, History Museums, Arcades, Meat Factories, and Fish Stores.

Babytway
01-27-2012, 09:53 AM
i dont sell anything i just rob til i get enough to expand. i also keep my clothing store and warehouse so ppl can rob for respect i like to return the favor and they are two of my favs to rob

BigCheese
01-27-2012, 10:44 AM
I agree with babytway. I don't sell any building.

duder
01-27-2012, 10:56 AM
@ Tramp Stamp

You can improve on this by cutting the results in two ways: level 10 $/hr/sq and current level $/hr/sq. Evaluating against level 1 probably doesn't tell you much unless your building is also at level 1. Level 10 would look at the structure's potential, while current evaluates immediate impact.

@ lvl 10 assuming perfect collection, here are the top 5 lemons in terms of $/hr/sq.
1. Basketball
2. Warehouse
3. Gas Station
4. Clothing Store
5. Pawn Shop (hm... that's funny)

If you're selling to make way for a building right now, then it would be a good idea to look at the current levels of your buildings when sorting.

silverbackspur
01-27-2012, 11:00 AM
I sold my wedding chapels, adult movie theatres, warehouses, gas station, Italian restaurants, ice cream shops and all other buildings that were not 12/24/48
Most of them were high, some level 10. I lost about 30k per hour.
I regretted it for the first week but definitely not any more.
My hood looks nicer and I know exactly how much I collect now per day.

Max Power
01-27-2012, 11:21 AM
I sold my wedding chapels, adult movie theatres, warehouses, gas station, Italian restaurants, ice cream shops and all other buildings that were not 12/24/48
Most of them were high, some level 10. I lost about 30k per hour.
I regretted it for the first week but definitely not any more.
My hood looks nicer and I know exactly how much I collect now per day.

Ya know, I was about a million bucks away from my first Hotel, and your post made me remember to dump my ice cream shops, wedding chapels and Adult Movie Theaters. Good call. Hotel is under construction and dumping those buildings freed up space for the 2nd hotel and the Gentleman's Clubs in 2 more levels. No expansion, no more 1 and 3 hour buildings. Yay!

whocareswhatmynameis
01-27-2012, 11:50 AM
@ Tramp Stamp

You can improve on this by cutting the results in two ways: level 10 $/hr/sq and current level $/hr/sq. Evaluating against level 1 probably doesn't tell you much unless your building is also at level 1. Level 10 would look at the structure's potential, while current evaluates immediate impact.

@ lvl 10 assuming perfect collection, here are the top 5 lemons in terms of $/hr/sq.
1. Basketball
2. Warehouse
3. Gas Station
4. Clothing Store
5. Pawn Shop (hm... that's funny)

If you're selling to make way for a building right now, then it would be a good idea to look at the current levels of your buildings when sorting.

agreed. lvl10 income/area is the metric i use as well.

Dorian Gray
01-27-2012, 12:57 PM
When it comes to buildings I'm a hoarder. It's not like I have a problem. If I wanted to sell them I would, I just don't want to... OK Jeez get off my back about it already.

Tramp Stamp
01-27-2012, 01:11 PM
I just updated my economy breakdown tab. 10 buildings make up about 75% while the other 25% comes from the remaining 56 money buildings.

Max Power
01-27-2012, 02:01 PM
I just updated my economy breakdown tab. 10 buildings make up about 75% while the other 25% comes from the remaining 56 money buildings.

That's the thing. I am concentrating on buildings that I will level up and keep till the end. There are a few building that I never bothered to level because I knew at some point I would sell them off. If those 10 buildings that make up 75% of my income ever get to level ten and I get bored, I can always go back and build em again.

Anubis
01-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Idk why u guys don't like 3hours. So they get robbed? thats nothingyou can really control, but my 3hours fund my explosives so Ill be keeping each one of them. They get robbed overnight but couldnt care less, those lil 3hour babies give me the perfect income for my explosives. The ones I have take up small footprints too so all good.

There is a lot to consider in building what you build, for example my biggest income is from my 24's they bring in 1.2-1.3M each day I collect (most easiest to manage also). My 6's and 8's (and sometimes 12's) can get messy but their like collateral income in my eyes. I get what I need out my 3's, and my 24's are gurenteed, the rest is just extras. Thats just how I see things >.>

Tramp Stamp
01-27-2012, 02:19 PM
You know I'm a fan. Over 20% of my rated income comes from 3 hour buildings. I probably make around 5 collections a day. Sometimes more when I take a pee break in the middle of the night, sometimes less when I miss an hour or two during the day. The "3 hour sea" collection time has a very noticeable impact, especially now with 2 level 10 Ice Cream Shops and a level 8 Italian Restaurant.

Euchred
01-27-2012, 02:26 PM
I was thinking of building some chapels cause I make about 6 collections a day on 3 hours but I don't exactly have the space. I've almost abandoned 6 hours but after I get a nightclub I'll the build russian and french restaraunts.

I would use the 3 hour money for explosives but 64k for napalm still feels out of reach.

Anubis
01-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Your have the new explosive price. Napalm is still win which ever price they are. I saw you earlier and at your/our level chappels are like prehistoric mermaids.

Amber_
01-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Idk why u guys don't like 3hours. So they get robbed? thats nothingyou can really control, but my 3hours fund my explosives so Ill be keeping each one of them. They get robbed overnight but couldnt care less, those lil 3hour babies give me the perfect income for my explosives. The ones I have take up small footprints too so all good.

There is a lot to consider in building what you build, for example my biggest income is from my 24's they bring in 1.2-1.3M each day I collect (most easiest to manage also). My 6's and 8's (and sometimes 12's) can get messy but their like collateral income in my eyes. I get what I need out my 3's, and my 24's are gurenteed, the rest is just extras. Thats just how I see things >.>


This is exactly how I see it too. I use it for explosives, and they don't take up that much place anyways. Besides, I really don't care if someone robs them. Good for them, keeps the game alive.

silverbackspur
01-28-2012, 12:59 AM
I still think if the small buildings are upto 25 percent then your only maybe getting 15 percent of that in collections. With the money of selling them can massively contribute to upgrades which get a majority of that back. So basically your just loosing time. That isn't taking not having to do expansion upgrades.
To me in my opinion things completely even them self out over a week or so, then you don't have the hassle of having to get on to collect all the time.
It's personal preference in my eyes, I used to want to log on all the time and now I am more then happy logging on when I want and just two times a day for my collections. I don't think there's a financial gain either way appart from in the long run most people will sell those buildings anyway.

Labradorite
01-28-2012, 01:45 AM
I camp when ran out of space: become a picky robber/fighter, only rob high value buildings or fight people with big money on hand.