PDA

View Full Version : Cement Building-cost discount, but what about time discount???

chuck norris
01-27-2012, 05:07 AM
Initial reports were this buildin was to save time and money on construction.
People then started reporting that the time discount was not being applied, as in my case.
Now, i realize the building properties state "lowers construction and upgrae cost".
There is no mention of TIME. buidling costs DO reflect a 1% discoun accurately, everywhere I look.
So, were we misinformed in some way, or did we assume too much?
Generally speaking, most people will find 1-5% money savings is pointless considering were sitting on excess cash waiting for our buildings anyway.

Thoughts please. I'm gonna be really disappointed if there is no time bonus included in the boost building.

Dover
01-27-2012, 05:16 AM
I though there was a lot of posting yesterday about the timers not working. It sounded like those who could see the buildings could build but not take advantage of the bonus as it would be an unfair advatange against those who can not see the buildings and could not build them. One of the more recent threads (i am too lazy to look for it) say someone received an email from support they were aware of the issue and working on pushing the update out to everyone.

chuck norris
01-27-2012, 05:49 AM
What I'm saying is, right now, there is no evidence that a time bonus is even intended. The info on the building only mentions cost. So did we presume, and then complain when we didn't see it, or was it removed.

bredo2
01-27-2012, 06:48 AM
1-5% time boost is just as useless as 1-5% cost reduction. The time you have to wait for upgrading that boost building toghether with the cost to get there, you probably have to wait 1-2 years to get back from discounts. If it was 10-30% or so it would probably be worth it. same goes with casualty reduction. I mean come on 5% reduction - Yay i now lose 24 instead of 25 units over 100 fights, and i only paid 5m and waited 400 hours to upgrade that building.

chuck norris
01-27-2012, 06:55 AM
My sentiments exactly. Trust me. They should make it worth our while.

But....... Was there ever any evidence of a construction/upgrade bonus that would SHORTEN BUILD TIME? Anybody?

Deskjockey
01-27-2012, 09:52 AM
No, not that I recall.

JMC
01-27-2012, 10:58 AM
No one ever said there was supposed to be a time discount. They just hoped for one.

Anyone get to level 3 yet? Apparently level 1 is 2%, level 2 is 4% and if level 3 is like 6.8% than it will rise like money buildings do. Level 10 would be 60% discount. But itd also cost like 100mil to get.

Discount is worth it. Betting most of you dont have a space center yet. 1% discount is already 120000 off that building and the upgrade costs are way higher. Level 2 is. 20000000 upgrade so 1% off that is another 200000 off. Then upgrade 3 and on. Youre already repaying for your buildings cost with just one space center.

General Principle
01-27-2012, 12:18 PM
I've got a level two cement factory. This "boost" is 2%. Next upgrade is to 3%. That is, unless they've changed something again.

As far as the time reduction, I may have mentioned it (I don't have time to read back through the thread to see). Here's what I can definitively say about it. I recall believing that the store description said that it reduced time as well. I recall being anxious to see how much time it knocked off. I recall being disappointed that it didn't reduce the times, and thinking that it might be a bug among bugs in the implementation. But now I can't prove what I thought I read, and I have some doubt. Some doubt, but I'm not entirely convinced that I didn't see it because I am 100% confident that Funzio has changed the specs of my other two boost buildings since I built them (and someone else here has reported observing the same changes).

So, either I was imposing my own desires on the specs in the beginning or Funzio has changed something. I can't swear to anything at this point except how it was the last time I played the game, which is all that really matters anyway. If I'm responsible for any false hope I apologize. FWIW I'm as disappointed as everyone else.

Col.34w
01-27-2012, 01:37 PM
For the millionth time. Why in the fu&@ doesnt everyone have access to these new buildings? Hello Funzio. Are you there? My in game help tickets are not being answered and I know you guys read this forum...SOoooooo...what is the rationale? I am starting to wonder what is my motivation to play anymore. Back to Fps games I guess...cheaper and way more intelligent then this CRAP

duder
01-27-2012, 01:46 PM
@Col.34w
You should read the thread that Duke.0 started about the buildings not being available.

Funzio responded something to effect that these buildings are being phased in, I think.