PDA

View Full Version : Casualty rates

Speed ump
01-27-2012, 01:00 AM
I had not attacked in a long time because of the casualty rates. Tonight I attacked about 50 times without a single loss. It showed that I won several units, but they did not show up in my attack and defense scores.

Aidan
01-27-2012, 02:32 AM
U must be lucky. I tried attacking aftr reading ur post. 11.3k att vs 1.5k def. 1st attck alrdy lost 3 unit. 1 strike eagle n 2 sniper.i envy u 😔

chuck norris
01-27-2012, 05:00 AM
Wow I suggest you refill your stamina and take advantage. That's gotta be a glitch. I havent any of that kind of luck.

I have experienced that type of immunity on at least one occasion, possibly twice. Where I was gloriously invincible. What bliss!

As of last night, CJ54 posted that balancing PVP and casualty losses was a high priority. So they ARE still planning on lowering casualties.

Dover
01-27-2012, 05:03 AM
Yeah, I attacked last night a lot because there was NOTHING on TV and still lost 2-4 everytime. A lot were looted units from questing, a bunch of farmed units and every other fight I lost at least 1 of not two 10K or more units. I lost about 70-80 units over all farming for valor.

JMC
01-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Well youve got like 1400 gold units and youre almost a hundred timew stronger than some of the people you could attack. Pretty sure that made a difference.

Seems like everytime you attack you get a higher chance to lose units. Yesterday i attacked someone and lost a trafficker gun man. Second time i lost an a10 warthog, flamethrower troop and a pavelow.

Just attacked again today and i lost a battle tank. Second time i lost an m270 mlrs and an a10 warthog. So im guessing i could pull off one attack per person or one attack every couple hours and not take big losses if i wanted to.

Also noticed something else. Now if you go to someones base and click on their character to attack them. If the battle report doesnt come up, it will still display your losses in red like it does when you lose units to missions.

Wildfire
01-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Well youve got like 1400 gold units and youre almost a hundred timew stronger than some of the people you could attack. Pretty sure that made a difference.

Seems like everytime you attack you get a higher chance to lose units. Yesterday i attacked someone and lost a trafficker gun man. Second time i lost an a10 warthog, flamethrower troop and a pavelow.

Just attacked again today and i lost a battle tank. Second time i lost an m270 mlrs and an a10 warthog. So im guessing i could pull off one attack per person or one attack every couple hours and not take big losses if i wanted to.

Also noticed something else. Now if you go to someones base and click on their character to attack them. If the battle report doesnt come up, it will still display your losses in red like it does when you lose units to missions.

I find that too, the second attack on somebody is nearly always my biggest loss of units and also the one I'm most likely to lose. The same also applys when someone attacks me, first attack on me I lose but lose nothing, second attack I win but lose 3 units. It happens all the time so it must be programmed into the fight mechanics somewhere.

Speed ump
01-27-2012, 01:54 PM
I was surprised, because I also had those kind of loses. Even when I hit someone 100 times less strong I would still lose units. Yes or now I feel lucky. This is about the only I have left to get valour units. Or from raiding bases. No more goals with valour for me.

JMC
01-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Valor goals stop after lv 100?

Whats the point in even playing after 100? Everything you do gets you nothing.

Wildfire
01-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Valor goals stop after lv 100?

Whats the point in even playing after 100? Everything you do gets you nothing.

When you think about it some of the valor missions have to stop, any that involve so many allies must stop when you reach the max number (500) of allies regardless of your level. They are interleaved with the so many at a particular level ones, so they to would have to stop but not until level 200.

Speed ump
01-27-2012, 04:53 PM
I can't remember exactly when thy stopped, You just have to change tactics. Raid, or attack to get valour points. I'm in the fortionate position that I don't I have look at each level I attack or raid, but same idea, just make sure what you're up against first. Plus You can earn cash if you can find buildings that arn't harvested yet. People are being more careful, but it's still there.

JMC
01-27-2012, 05:33 PM
When you think about it some of the valor missions have to stop, any that involve so many allies must stop when you reach the max number (500) of allies regardless of your level. They are interleaved with the so many at a particular level ones, so they to would have to stop but not until level 200.

If the person has 1000 allies but can only bring 250 into battle and your valor mission requires 350 allies you can still complete the mission off them. So i dont see a reason for valor missions to stop until lvl 200.

Speed ump
01-27-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't get those missions in my folder any more at all. I completed all the goals they had.

Wildfire
01-27-2012, 06:21 PM
If the person has 1000 allies but can only bring 250 into battle and your valor mission requires 350 allies you can still complete the mission off them. So i dont see a reason for valor missions to stop until lvl 200.

True, but I still think they probably designed the same 500 limit into the missions as the number of allies that can actually be used in game.

It will suck though, if the valor missions dry up around level 100 and you are losing valor units it will be impossible to maintain the strength of your army at the higher levels without gold units. Once you pass level 100 you've no more allies to bring to battle either so say by 110 you might be significantly weaker than you were at level 100. It was said a while ago that the game was effectively ending for free players at level 50, it looks more likely that the actual limit is around the level 100 mark.

Speed ump
01-27-2012, 08:58 PM
I used to attack a lot and I would complete new goals that did not even show up in the older, so I think I fast forwarded through them. I'm not too worried about the valour units, I can buy a lot of top cash units and alo can buy more gold if I want. I get valour now from attacks and raids, but not nearly the same as wih the missions.

Wildfire
01-28-2012, 02:21 AM
I used to attack a lot and I would complete new goals that did not even show up in the older, so I think I fast forwarded through them. I'm not too worried about the valour units, I can buy a lot of top cash units and alo can buy more gold if I want. I get valour now from attacks and raids, but not nearly the same as wih the missions.

That confirms what I was saying, if you compensate for the loss of the valour missions with more gold units, which is the logical option for you, it will increase your advantage over non gold players by more and more. You'll gradually decrease the amount of valour units in their armies as you attack them, they probably wont be able to buy enough high vaue cash units to compensate and if they do they'll lose these too. So as you get stronger they'll get weaker.

In the end it will be just a fight between the players who've the best gold armies. First player to 2000 gold units can't lose any in battle so to beat them it will need 2000 better gold units. I don't think this will happen though, to make more money the first player to hit 2000 gold units will probably trigger a change to the 500 max usable allies rule and it will increase to maybe 750 and then 1000. This will trigger more valour missions too of course!

Actually 2000 gold units isn't that extreme, 2000 Deadly Rebels = 50*2000 = 100,000 bars 100,000/1500 = 67 lots at £54.99 in todays sale or £3684.33, I think many have spent more than that. This gives 32*2000=64,000 attack and 26*2000 =52,000 defence and an army where you can't lose any units, chose China and that's 70400 attack and 57200 defence. How far would that take you.