PDA

View Full Version : Delay in robs showing in news feed

procsyzarc
01-26-2012, 05:55 PM
I often collect my buildings only to find out latter someone had robbed them. For example I logged in 30mins ago collected my 2 pirate taverns for $220,000 (full amount) banked the money then logged off, then just logged in again now and my new feed is saying they were robbed 33mins ago for $88,000. This often seems to happen where the news and building status doesn’t update to a few minutes later meaning the building can be robbed and the full amount still collected.

Since I have never paid that much attention to how much is in my bank just wondering if anyone can confirm does.
1/ The money disappear when it updates from the building owner
2/ The money disappear from the robber
3/ It causes a glitch in the game where extra money is generated and both keep the full amount

schnuffler
01-26-2012, 05:59 PM
I've noticed that the money doesn't get banked in your bank. You might expect $198,000 ($220,000 - 10%) to be banked, but your actual bank balance will only increase by $118,800 (($220,000-88,000) - 10%).

I see you on my rivals list all the time so I'd be happy to rob you at a pre-arranged time if you want to test it :)))

Fricco
01-26-2012, 06:05 PM
im no expert on the game but from experience if you are currently in game mode and get robbed you wont get the feed till you log back in after logging out or it crashes ( we've all been there ).
hope this helps...

Tramp Stamp
01-26-2012, 06:07 PM
There seems to be a preset refresh interval. It's probably 15-30 minutes. Look at time of day when attacked.

dudeman
01-26-2012, 06:52 PM
This is something I noticed a while ago, so I started paying attention to bank balance and noticed that if I collect and bank quickly enough, I get to keep everything. If I collect and take too long getting to the bank, I can watch my cash on hand drop when the news icon appears.

I've never lost cash after robbing someone unless I was attacked before banking it, so I just assumed this issue was a minor bug that happens sometimes, and it doesn't have a negative effect for anyone affected by it.

sez
01-26-2012, 07:08 PM
This is something I noticed a while ago, so I started paying attention to bank balance and noticed that if I collect and bank quickly enough, I get to keep everything. If I collect and take too long getting to the bank, I can watch my cash on hand drop when the news icon appears.

I've never lost cash after robbing someone unless I was attacked before banking it, so I just assumed this issue was a minor bug that happens sometimes, and it doesn't have a negative effect for anyone affected by it.

I agree with everything Dudeman said, I have also come to the same conclusion. I do not want this bug fixed, that's why I've never brought it up myself.