PDA

View Full Version : Savings Race

Chris Hill
01-26-2012, 04:27 PM
My Brownstone is complete in 4 hours. I want to build my first Loft @ 760K and currently have $624,627. $135,373 in 4 hours. It will be close.

Euchred
01-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Rob Rob Rob

Tramp Stamp
01-26-2012, 04:30 PM
I love savings races.

Chris Hill
01-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Anyone know what the "Build a Brownstone" Mission is worth? I got the mission halfway through building, so that may be a nice boost.

Chris Hill
01-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Missed it by 20 minutes. But now got my loft going, $500K expansion, Fish Store lvl 3 upgrade with money in the bank for the flower shop once the loft is finished. $40K for the Build a Brownstone mission helped nicely.

Whoopdido1980
01-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Ya know I wish there was a "completed goals" list. I have 2 brownstones but don't remember ever seeing that goal or getting a reward. If there was a "completed goals" list I could just scroll through the list to see if I completed it but just forgot about it.

Chris Hill
01-29-2012, 08:02 PM
I think the order was
- Build 20 Decorations ???
- Build 50 Buildings
- Build 6 Street Lights
- Build a Brownstone
- Build a Flower Shop

HTH

AppleMacGuy
01-30-2012, 01:40 AM
Ya know I wish there was a "completed goals" list. I have 2 brownstones but don't remember ever seeing that goal or getting a reward. If there was a "completed goals" list I could just scroll through the list to see if I completed it but just forgot about it.

It is quite possible to complete a reward without realising if, for example, you build a Brownstone before the goal was given to you. I that case you'll move straight through to the next one. Since there are now alerts advising you the only thing you'll note is the cash reward appear as cash on hand, and sometimes that can be missed if it is a smallish reward and you've got other things going on, e.g. building collections.

I once accumulated 500K+ instantly when the I was given one of the Attack or Defence goals and I'd obviously completed several of them already.

deuces
01-31-2012, 05:54 PM
gaaah!! I have 41 hours to make $5m more so i can go straight from my level 5 loft upgrade straight to level 6 rather than taking the other one to level 5. Pretty sure its not doable but i'm gonna try!! Setting lofty goals is always best imo.

Anyone else pushing for a big one?

Chris Hill
01-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Loft number 2 - $460K in 26 hours. Not really a stretch.

Vile Lynn
01-31-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm going for the Nightclub next, but it's kinda hard when I have to buy a gajillion street knives, guns & fire axes that don't need & vehicles that I can only afford after I get the Nightclub so I can loot/farm the DD.

Good luck, deuces! I have some Rock Cafes you can rob :)

deuces
01-31-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm going for the Nightclub next, but it's kinda hard when I have to buy a gajillion street knives, guns & fire axes that don't need & vehicles that I can only afford after I get the Nightclub so I can loot/farm the DD.

Good luck, deuces! I have some Rock Cafes you can rob :)

:eek: point me in the right direction!!

Tramp Stamp
01-31-2012, 06:07 PM
gaaah!! I have 41 hours to make $5m more so i can go straight from my level 5 loft upgrade straight to level 6 rather than taking the other one to level 5. Pretty sure its not doable but i'm gonna try!! Setting lofty goals is always best imo.

Anyone else pushing for a big one?

Not quite as "lofty", but during a 92 hour level 9 Italian Restaurant upgrade I'm targeting construction of 2x Beach Nightclubs and 2x Flower Shops and possibly have enough left over for a level 6 Movie Theater upgrade when the Italian Restaurant finishes. If I miss the upgrade then it's back to the Italian Restaurant, 101.51 hours for level 10 after which I should be able to afford a level 4 Loft.

Vile Lynn
01-31-2012, 06:15 PM
:eek: point me in the right direction!!
lol, lvl113, maybe 114 by then... In 12 hours (just collected)

deuces
01-31-2012, 06:23 PM
Would you suggest i ever build italian restaurants tramp? The only 3 hour buildings i plan on keeping right now are my ice cream shops which are level 8/9 and obv eventually will be level 10. I have level 5 pizza parlors too but dont plan on leveling them any further and plan to sell them eventually.

edit: damn, 11-12 levels too high for me :/ I just built my own about 18 hours ago tho!

Vile Lynn
01-31-2012, 06:52 PM
I have level 5 pizza parlors too but dont plan on leveling them any further and plan to sell them eventually.

I've noticed that Pizzas hardly ever get robbed & Ice Creams are a favorite. If you have the room, Pizzas are easy to level up to 10 and can be collected with your Ice Creams as extra $.
But then I haven't finished Tramp's Economy & ROI Academy, so IRDK financially if it is a good idea to keep or level Pizzas. I think most sell them off.

Doncha love collecting those Rock Cafes?! lol, they're awesome!

Tramp Stamp
01-31-2012, 07:00 PM
Italian Restaurants are a natural progression from maxed out Ice Cream Shops for when you don't have the cash to throw into a Loft or Movie Theater. Empire Theater is even better, but no one has those. A level 10 Italian Restaurant compares favorably with a level 4 Movie Theater. Given that my Movie Theaters currently are 5 and 6, I've essentially generated another one out of a fallback building.

Tramp Stamp
01-31-2012, 07:09 PM
IRDK financially if it is a good idea to keep or level Pizzas. I think most sell them off.

I may need to need to bring Souvenir Shops and possibly Pizza Parlors back into the mix when I run out of Italian Restaurant upgrades. Haven't exactly worked out what happens at this stage.

deuces
01-31-2012, 07:16 PM
I've noticed that Pizzas hardly ever get robbed & Ice Creams are a favorite. If you have the room, Pizzas are easy to level up to 10 and can be collected with your Ice Creams as extra $.
But then I haven't finished Tramp's Economy & ROI Academy, so IRDK financially if it is a good idea to keep or level Pizzas. I think most sell them off.

Doncha love collecting those Rock Cafes?! lol, they're awesome!

When i build mine my lofts were both level 4 and MTs level 7, so i essentially just added 2 more in 10 minutes!! weeeeee

Italian Restaurants are a natural progression from maxed out Ice Cream Shops for when you don't have the cash to throw into a Loft or Movie Theater. Empire Theater is even better, but no one has those. A level 10 Italian Restaurant compares favorably with a level 4 Movie Theater. Given that my Movie Theaters currently are 5 and 6, I've essentially generated another one out of a fallback building.

I think since there are no 3 hour buildings past level 87 and i'm already at level 102 with only 1 set that i want to keep, i'll probably never build them. I dont think i'll have long gaps in between loft/mt upgrades for a long time, and when i have small gaps theres still very good type b's that i have to upgrade. Sad tho, they seem like good buildings. I just dont think they'll have enough impact to be worth the upgrade times at this point. If i'd started building an economy from level 1 rather than level 60+, no way they'd have been skipped.

erik
01-31-2012, 09:38 PM
I am . 16M in 45 hrs... dont think im going to make it! Thats 12M banked for me. Think I will need to stagger in a missle turret or hit some crazy robberies.

erik
01-31-2012, 09:48 PM
@ Tramp - If you have to burn time to build cash for your high ROIs... would probably go with buildings you will definitely keep later on. 12's, 24's, 8,s. I am cringing as I slowly sell my 3's (except never my Italian, IC or Chapel!)

Then MT over Lofts to stretch your cash a little further while getting an "A" return.

Tramp Stamp
01-31-2012, 10:08 PM
Funny you mention it, earlier I was thinking about how I don't consciously want an economy based on 3 hour buildings (and Laundromats), but that's where I ended up based on objective analysis. 12+ are currently around 50%, but I needed--and still need--3 hour buildings to fill in gaps. High ROI upgrades, specifically to gold-equivalent buildings like Dominican Restaurant--are on the list, but I'm confident Italian Restaurant is the best choice for my play style. I haven't updated my guide yet, but I suggest to most people who PM me to pick the Dominican Restaurant and Beachside Inn as time waster alternatives to Italian Restaurant. Also, I think Italian Restaurant is a severely underrated building, especially in the level range where I sit. Finally, I don't plan to sell any buildings. Feel free to respect grind the restaurants (all of them) when I get up in level range.

erik
01-31-2012, 10:34 PM
Well dang, I just backed out of a 3 paragraph response! Maybe tomorrow. Later

deuces
02-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Damn, 16 hours left at least 7 of which will be spent sleeping, and i'm still $2m away. Gonna be quite close, i have about 1m coming in through collections, so i need to rob about 1.2m worth after 10% banking fee. Getting prettttty exciting over here.

deuces
02-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Nevermind, mister just donated 280k along with a 150k hood a little bit ago...should be there early :D

Chris Hill
02-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Withdrawing the balance of the 760K for the loft and I am attacked by Gee while I am scrolling through the money buildings to get to the loft. I won $250. Had I lost $76,000, I would have been most upset

erik
02-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Chris, go in to the store first next time, and get your building on the screen. Withdraw from your bank, then come back and you will be on the same building when you enter Money Stores.

deuces
02-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Also the most you can lose or gain on one attack is $30k. Thats how i got ~280k from "mister" as he had 480k on hand.

Chris Hill
02-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the tip, Erik - I will have to try that in about 95 hours time.

dudeman
02-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the tip, Erik - I will have to try that in about 95 hours time.

erik's tip is a good one, but for some reason doing that doesn't work for me 100% of the time. It does work often, just not always.

Just to give you the heads up. Be quick and be prepared to have to scroll anyways.

deuces
02-02-2012, 04:26 AM
easy game $10m in the bank for the first time.

Max Power
02-02-2012, 04:52 AM
Finally clicked over to level 125, have the 300 Gold banked for Gentlemens Clubs, go to build one and oh yeah, I still have nearly 4 days before my Hotel is done building.

Drat.

Anubis
02-02-2012, 05:18 AM
Missed it by 20 minutes. But now got my loft going, $500K expansion, Fish Store lvl 3 upgrade with money in the bank for the flower shop once the loft is finished. $40K for the Build a Brownstone mission helped nicely.

Loft number 2 - $460K in 26 hours. Not really a stretch.

~YEah second loft all the way. Flower shops are not all that. Mostly spare change, Level a Barber shop up to lvl 7 for the same income at a low low price lol.