PDA

View Full Version : tips for latest update and thoughts too

chuck norris
01-25-2012, 08:48 PM
I have an iphone4. not 4S.

1. Sync/backup iphones in iTunes first, BEFORE trying to install the newest verison. This way if you have problems, you do a full wipe and restore, and you get the working version back.
2. uninstall app.
3. Restart phone.
4.Install newest version.
5. See what happens.
6. If its ****ed, wipe, restore, and wait for patches.

Despite all the hub-bub, the method above gave me a seamless update. Boost buildings exist and visible, will try them out within the hour. Have seen them built on other bases.

That being said, some definite side effects:

1.Casualties went up even higher. Absolutely no doubt. Examples not necessary. Possibly not part of the update itself, perhaps ANOTHER"tweak" at server level??? Unbelievable. To think it was called "a bug".

2. Crashes still same frequency. 3 times in 12 hours so far.

3. A new type of latency. Almost as if they reduced memory loads, and the app is getting more info off of servers??? simple clicks all over takes seconds now to load. viewing bases, scrolling, even menu clicks, all slow.

4. Rival list is very buggy. It often says player is too weak, for too often, so after a few persistent attempt to attack or raid, it finally opens up their base and I can attack, proving that the message was wrong. Probably prompted by timeouts resulting from the latency issue??? All in all, loading times across the board are longer. Really not cool especially when walking through the rival list.

Lastly. I'm very excited to read from other users reports that after an estimated 180 hours of upgrading our new boost buildings, I can expect 6% boosts.
Theoretically, that will be losing 2.8 units compared to losing 3.
And waiting 67.6 hours instead of 72.

yay.
:p

General Principle
01-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Wait times don't seem to be affected. Neither do land costs. Maybe Funzio can include a mortgage broker or a real estate agent in the next release.

chuck norris
01-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Wonderful. Yay.

Burner_t
01-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Maybe Funzio can include a mortgage broker or a real estate agent in the next release.

LMAO! We could only hope!

Dover
01-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Wait times don't seem to be affected. Neither do land costs. Maybe Funzio can include a mortgage broker or a real estate agent in the next release.

NO! They would end up selling my buildings and land and not helping them. :p

Wonder if Funzio did not turn on buildings on so to speak until everyone gets them so there is not an unfare advantage. If course I will still have to build them all while some are on level 2-3 but at least I would have them.

Agent Orange
01-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Hmm the only thing you did that I didn't do was the itunes sync. Hmmmm

Dover
01-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Would an itunes sync put me back on the last version? I did back the ipad up before I reimaged, I would bet the back up had the failed copy of the upgrade on it in which case I would just be syncing a buster version. I would hate to reimage the thing again though that is what got it working briefly on Tuesday. Maybe it is time to give Smurf's Village a shot while MW gets worked out. :-)

Do backups over write each other? Maybe I can get my older back up and get this working again.

Wildfire
01-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Hmm the only thing you did that I didn't do was the itunes sync. Hmmmm

At one point I deleted it from the iPad downloaded it in itunes and reinstalled it that way, didn't help still nothing new.

Flipmode
01-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Not getting Boost Buildings.

Have noticed increase in number of attacks I do that result in zero casualties. Not tried raiding.

Never had lag or crash issues.

Dover
01-26-2012, 10:35 AM
zero casualties. ???

Nice, I have stopped attacking until I can sit with pen and paper. Last 10 attackes I did took 1-3 meat shields and a 10k to 20k unit also. And everyone in my range has their money protected with zero unprotected. High cost just for a few valor.

Wildfire
01-26-2012, 10:54 AM
1.Casualties went up even higher. Absolutely no doubt. Examples not necessary. Possibly not part of the update itself, perhaps ANOTHER"tweak" at server level??? Unbelievable. To think it was called "a bug".

I'd a bit of cash over my vault so I though I test this out before goldilocks came round for their routine teatime visit and took it all. I carried out 10 attacks against someone with a quarter of my attack strength under 2.5k v 10k they were registering no losses so I was happy to hit away. What I lost were 11 snipers, 1 flamethrower soldier, 1 Frigate, 5 Amphibious Troopers and 1 heavy bomber. That's 190K of units to replace not counting the loot ones, or say 300K giving a price to the loot items, sorry goldilocks the cupboard's now bare by the way! At about 30K an attack it's not disasterously bad, but it certainly rules out non stop attacking for me.

Two weeks ago I'd probably have lost 1-2 units max, last week I'd have lost 10-15 units but probably 5 high value valor units amongst them. In this one specific circumstance I think the losses in unit count may have gone up but the units lost are at the more reasonable end of the scale. My army's 60% proper attacking units I don't want to lose 20% amphibious troopers and 20% snipers, so by and large the losses were from the meat shield end of the scale, the Frigate being the odd one out. I'm in no hurry to try the same test against anybody stronger, I'll leave that to someone else!

JMC
01-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Attacked someone with 1500 defense vs my 29000 attack. Lost a flamethrower soldier, an a10 warthog and a pavelow. 300K.

👍

[][][][][]

Dover
01-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Attacked someone with 1500 defense vs my 29000 attack. Lost a flamethrower soldier, an a10 warthog and a pavelow. 300K.

5.2% of you D and you still lost that much. These numbers are not sounding hopeful. I still attack someone once and a while even though I know I should not but the more you guys post the less and less I should even do that.

Wildfire
01-26-2012, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=JMC;103561]Attacked someone with 1500 defense vs my 29000 attack. Lost a flamethrower soldier, an a10 warthog and a pavelow. 300K.
QUOTE]

Wow that's rough, I'm guessing but I assume your flamethrower soldiers and warthogs are your meatshield equivalents of my snipers and amphibious troopers as you need even your week units to be stronger for your attack strength? What I wonder is, is there a sweet spot in the relative strengths, if you go for a very weak player below this does the game go bully and increase your losses. I've always felt in the past the 20-25% my strength band were the safest to attack.

Edit- not anymore, just dropped a GIGN and and a Super Hornet in one attack against one in the 20-25% bracket, That's all the valor for 12 missions gone in on attack!

Agent Orange
01-26-2012, 01:03 PM
You are right did a sync the fresh install still no buildings.

Wildfire
01-26-2012, 02:12 PM
You are right did a sync the fresh install still no buildings.
Maybe they've just taken all the In game ID's of all the usual posters here and given the new buildings to everybody else to wind us up:)

chuck norris
01-26-2012, 05:58 PM
My buildings still exist, but my bonuses arent active. Construction bonus not being applied. Latency issues seem to have cleared for the most part. Crashes still same as before. Seems to always crash right when you finally find a lucrative stash. such a piss off.

Casualties still unprecedented. It appears there was no bug. It appears they're tweaking our losses at will and then playing dumb. How is that professional on any scale or in anyone's imagination? Only one reasonable explanation.

I believe they are trying to make the game better, but they're proving week after week that they don't know how. For every step forward its at least one backward. Maybe the priority on cash-generating ideas is undermining overall customer satisfaction. Maybe.

Chiefer
01-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Well there you go, Chuck Norris has spoke.

chuck norris
01-27-2012, 07:44 AM
Sorry guys....

I'm still running iOS 4.3.2. I never upgraded to 5.0.

Wonder if that's why I'm up and running.

youj
01-27-2012, 09:05 AM
I've updated to the latest version and running iOS 5. I have no problems so far.