PDA

View Full Version : Not official response from funzio on defense buildings.

Matthew91188
01-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Has anyone (I repeat anyone, not singling anyone out) heard anything about a possible fix with defense buildings? I know there is another post but I thought I would just ask this question again.

Duke.0
01-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Apparently you didn't read the other post then. CC Mark already said no dev will make an official response and a thread of this nature won't get a reply from any dev about the topic. They are not obligated to post anything at all in fact.

If you want a reply your best bet is to e-mail them.

Synergy
01-24-2012, 04:23 PM
A lot of people have an issue with it. A lot of senior members who contribute a lot to this forum and spend a lot on the game as a matter of fact. But apparently no nothing will be done to fix it, there is no problem, our math is wrong, and don't address a thread to anyone at Funzio or ask any questions about what you spent your money on or you might get the ban hammer.

Labradorite
01-24-2012, 06:04 PM
The answer is simple. They nerfed defense buildings to keep game balance in check.

Synergy
01-24-2012, 07:04 PM
The answer is simple. They nerfed defense buildings to keep game balance in check.

That doesn't even make sense. We're talking about something that has been the same way since the game was released. Nothing new.

Max Power
01-24-2012, 07:08 PM
That doesn't even make sense. We're talking about something that has been the same way since the game was released. Nothing new.

Actually, we don't know that. Attack/rob results did not display up until the three classes and Goodfella were introduced. It was only then that we could see true defense values. We have no idea what they did or didn't do before that.

Synergy
01-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Actually, we don't know that. Attack/rob results did not display up until the three classes and Goodfella were introduced. It was only then that we could see true defense values. We have no idea what they did or didn't do before that.

Attack/rob results didn't display until the update but when they started to display it didn't change the effect of the defense buildings...it just helped us understand the math better. There was absolutely no apparent change in actual defense against robberies or attacks when the update was released. Have you seen a single player that actually noticed a change in gameplay at all? I've been playing since shortly after the game was released and all the update did was make it easier to explain what was already in place in my opinion. If the on screen numbers had been correct before the update, people wouldn't have been so puzzled as to how they were getting robbed by players with 10,000-15,000+ difference in attack and defense before the update.

Tramp Stamp
01-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Not exactly on topic, but I'm looking at the buildings plist and noticed that defense buildings have respect and exp payouts defined. This would explain why they come up as valid robbery targets. I guess Funzio decided to cancel the functionality last minute.

Oh, and whoever postulated money buildings have inherent defense appears correct. Loft has a defense rating of 38. Dominican Restaurant 51. Church 80. Gingerbread House 0 lolz.

Tramp Stamp
01-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Sweet, building sizes are in here. Now I can complete the spreadsheet areas.

deuces
01-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Whoa, would it be tough to put money building defense onto a spreadsheet? Makes a ton of sense, people that have a lot more defense than my attack, i have way more trouble robbing their churches than anything else.

Labradorite
01-24-2012, 08:06 PM
There should be a limit of 2 for each defense buildings. A bug got out when the game was released per CJ. When funzio found out the glitch, people already bought and built tons of them. If they didnt nerf the buildings, no one could win a fight. Funzio certainly is infected by money bugs, each bite brought more money into their packet. But it makes this game so unpredictable and so much fun to play with. I'm lovin it.

Thank you TS for your hard work. Learned a lot from you.

Tramp Stamp
01-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Whoa, would it be tough to put money building defense onto a spreadsheet? Makes a ton of sense, people that have a lot more defense than my attack, i have way more trouble robbing their churches than anything else.

I plan to do exactly that, though probably not right now as I'm completing/verifying sizes. Keep in mind I cant tell you what the numbers mean. I have to think they're some sort of base and/or multiplier. Otherwise, what would even "90" do for you past level 10? On the other hand, most base stats are actually labeled "base_" but the defense stat isn't. I'll probably stick it all the way at the end, past the area figures.

There should be a limit of 2 for each defense buildings. A bug got out when the game was released per CJ. When funzio found out the glitch, people already bought and built tons of them..

Sounds plausible on the surface, but despite being in XML, which is the height of unreadability in what's supposed to be human readable markup, the plist file is readily understandable. I think literally a 30 minute overview would have uncovered the "bug". Then again, half the **** that happens in this game defies explanation, and Modern War is even worse.

Ghost818
01-25-2012, 02:13 AM
Tramp Stamp, I gotta say you are amazing lol. Id love to see that money building defence sheet.

Chiefer
01-25-2012, 03:00 AM
Has anyone (I repeat anyone, not singling anyone out) heard anything about a possible fix with defense buildings? I know there is another post but I thought I would just ask this question again.

I build some anyway. I don't think they would have something that big so pointless in reality.

AppleMacGuy
01-25-2012, 09:04 AM
I build some anyway. I don't think they would have something that big so pointless in reality.

/Rant
I agree - but nevertheless it is very, very frustrating not knowing where we truly stand as far as defence buildings go. I think Funzio have lost a lot of credibility over the lack of a formal declaration on this situation. It is especially galling for those players such as Synergy (who's quite rightly IMHO has been quite vocal with his opinion) who have purchased gold defence buildings (and that includes me too BTW). If they are useless then we should be told and the gold should be refunded...simple as. But, IMO, this is clearly not a viable course of action...the correct solution is to make them function as intended, i.e. give some implicit defence ratings against an attacker's attack stats. If they actually do then I'd like to see an official statement to that effect.

Overall I'm really impressed with Funzio's support - in my experience they've rectified things I've brought to their attention very promptly - often they were my mistake but they expedited my requests brilliantly. Just this one area that needs to a formal declaration to the user community...without which Funzio wouldn't have a business after all!

/Rant Over :)

Dorian Gray
01-25-2012, 09:28 AM
I too have been serviced quite well by Funzio support. That being said...

I just think it's quite strange that the official CC forums on the official Funzio website is not the place to expect an official response about how the game works.

I enjoy the community aspect of the forums, don't get me wrong, but the reason I came here in the first place is for official clarification considering how completely and utterly vague the in game help is.

We shouldn't have to make threads directed at developers, the answers should come voluntarily long before we start to get the torches and pitchforks out.

AppleMacGuy
01-25-2012, 09:38 AM
I too have been serviced quite well by Funzio support. That being said...

I just think it's quite strange that the official CC forums on the official Funzio website is not the place to expect an official response about how the game works.

I enjoy the community aspect of the forums, don't get me wrong, but the reason I came here in the first place is for official clarification considering how completely and utterly vague the in game help is.

We shouldn't have to make threads directed at developers, the answers should come voluntarily long before we start to get the torches and pitchforks out.

ditto - spot on - 'nuff said!!!

Anubis
01-25-2012, 10:02 AM
oO TS thats a nice find - If you can give me the defence of a LM I can start helping with numbers :)

dudeman
01-25-2012, 10:03 AM
The first sub-forum in the list is the Funzio sub-forum, and the description is "What's going on in the Funzio world? Staff will post our latest news and information here."

This is the only post in that forum (5 weeks old):

Welcome to the new Funzio forums! This is where you will see all new company wide announcements and events. Please adhere to our Terms of Service at all times when posting.http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?2-Welcome!

Am I the only one who is completely confused by the existence of that sub-forum & CCM post? Why did they bother to create that sub-forum? Why did CCM state that all announcements would be made there, but in the iOS sub-forum state that responses and announcements are against policy?

It doesn't make any sense!

Tramp Stamp
01-25-2012, 10:19 AM
oO TS thats a nice find - If you can give me the defence of a LM I can start helping with numbers :)

Laundromat has a defense rating of 1.

Something to test: if you rob different levels of the same building (e.g. level 5 Laundromat and level 6 Laundromat) in the same hood, do you get the same defense figure in the results screen? How about when robbing another building? You'd need to make several attempts on each to rule out explosives.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Attack/rob results didn't display until the update but when they started to display it didn't change the effect of the defense buildings...it just helped us understand the math better. There was absolutely no apparent change in actual defense against robberies or attacks when the update was released. Have you seen a single player that actually noticed a change in gameplay at all? I've been playing since shortly after the game was released and all the update did was make it easier to explain what was already in place in my opinion. If the on screen numbers had been correct before the update, people wouldn't have been so puzzled as to how they were getting robbed by players with 10,000-15,000+ difference in attack and defense before the update.

actually i dug this out from the archive. the OP suggests that after a new version was rolled out in October, it was easier for him to win fights and robberies. this coincided with the introduction of attack and defense stats within the fight screen.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-11574.html? (http://www.funzio.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-11574.html?)

i tend to agree with Labradorite. i think FUNZIO is being circumspect about defense buildings since there were several iterations of defense point calculations for defense buildings throughout CC's evolution.

Amber_
01-25-2012, 11:27 AM
This is some really interesting news..

K@le
01-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Yeah that would be very nice to know how that def works on money buildings, if you want something tested just tell me i will go rob some buildings and post the numbers here which you want.

Anubis
01-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Something to test: if you rob different levels of the same building (e.g. level 5 Laundromat and level 6 Laundromat) in the same hood, do you get the same defense figure in the results screen? How about when robbing another building? You'd need to make several attempts on each to rule out explosives.

OK, just robbed a guys LM (unsure level gave 2xp 2R) robbed his Flower shop, Italiens, Ice cream's, shoe stores but all gave the same 13,807 def in log.

In terms of updates - I don't have the xplosive one, I dont have the 1-tap jobs. Pretty much nothings changed in months, Im UK

Max Power
01-25-2012, 02:08 PM
actually i dug this out from the archive. the OP suggests that after a new version was rolled out in October, it was easier for him to win fights and robberies. this coincided with the introduction of attack and defense stats within the fight screen.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-11574.html? (http://www.funzio.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-11574.html?)

i tend to agree with Labradorite. i think FUNZIO is being circumspect about defense buildings since there were several iterations of defense point calculations for defense buildings throughout CC's evolution.

That's what I was suggesting could be a possibility. Unless someone has access to code, we really have no way of knowing what went on before the stats screen.

Synergy
01-25-2012, 05:23 PM
It is interesting that someone noticed a difference, but in the slight chance that something changed it couldn't have been anything substantial because there was no apparent change to most players. Nothing obvious. The OP in that thread just had a higher attack than the person's defense he was attacking when the defense building discrepancy is added into the equation in my opinion (hence how he noticed the 27k defense but the fight screen only showed over 15k for the guy). The big question I have is, if the on screen numbers has been correct before the update, why was nearly everyone completely puzzled as to how they kept being robbed by people with much less attack than their defense? That is something that has stayed consistent since the game was released. Maybe it's something that seems more apparent to players that had a lot of defens buildings before and after the upgrade. I dunno. I'm not saying he was wrong necessarily. I just see a lot of people pointing out things that I don't experience in game on these forums. Ex: Drop rates different than what I or most people get, things relevant to rival list that I don't experience, and attack/defense issues I don't get.

Labradorite
01-25-2012, 07:30 PM
The bug was released when CC was first introduced, way before the upgrade. It is not a current issue or bug, and they really dont need to explain anything. You can say it is false advertising; they can say it is how this game works.

Every time devs gave us some insight, it backfired. No wonder they keep their mouths shut.

Tramp Stamp
01-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Spreadsheet updated with "defense" stat and building sizes. I renamed the "Respect" tabs to "Misc" and put the defense figures there. I read the wrong tag for Gingerbread House before, btw. Its defense is 25, not 0.

Synergy
01-25-2012, 09:02 PM
The bug was released when CC was first introduced, way before the upgrade. It is not a current issue or bug, and they really dont need to explain anything. You can say it is false advertising; they can say it is how this game works.

Every time devs gave us some insight, it backfired. No wonder they keep their mouths shut.

The "bug" ? Are you referring to "the bug" that shows on screen defense way less than your actual defense? That's not a current issue??? Maybe not to you, but it obviously is to all the people who spent significant amounts of money and didn't get what they paid for. Just read the posts on this thread and the other one like it to see what I mean. They don't have to explain anything? You're right on that. They dont HAVE to explain anything, but not doings so (considering how many respected, senior members who have a problem with not getting what they paid for) is bad business practice in my opinion and many others. They can say it's how the game works all day long. That's fine. However, that info should have been known by all players before they had/have the option to buy defense buildings so that they know what they're actually paying for. You don't think the on screen numbers should accurately reflect the defense gained by them?

Wow. Every time they give us some insight? Granted, they have given some insight on some less important issues....I haven't seen any given on this. The exact opposite really. None given, asked not to question them, and to just deal with it and chop it up as a loss and charge it to the game basically. And how has the insight given on any issues come back to backfire on them? A lot of people here have very different ideas on why the stonewalling and keeping their mouth shut about it.

I know I said I was going to drop the issue, but posts like that really get to me. It's really pointless to even talk about it any more though. Like I said previously, its obvious at this point that we wont get any real answers and nothing will change. Obviously it's either too difficult to fix the issue or they just don't care to even though they're losing money from high spending players over it and will lose even more as it becomes more widely known in game. However, if some miracle happened and they did decide to, they would make a lot of money from all of the people who have stopped buying defense buildings for this specific reason.

Labradorite
01-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Synergy, calm down please!

No point to keep beating people if they don't drop M4s... LOL Be a cool guy!

Synergy
01-26-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm calm as can be. Chillin like a villain bruh. You won't find a cooler guy lol. Im always relaxed, no matter how the posts may come off :p Just have an issue with this one single element of the game and it's very frustrating that nobody can get any answers about it after a lot of people have dropped a significant amount of money on it and brought up a lot of good points surrounding the issue and even more frustrating that we're basically asked to not ask questions and keep quiet about it while long term money spenders and great contributors to the forums are stonewalled and ignored. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. A lot have spoken up, but 15-20x that many are too scared to say anything about it.

Amber_
01-26-2012, 02:20 AM
I'm definitely with Syn here. You should get what you're paying for. Enough said.

Anubis
01-26-2012, 04:00 AM
Im with syn and amber and everyoneelse who didn't get what they paid for when they bought agencies.

I've noticed my defence goal seems to be always showing my profile defence. I guess Funzio didn't like the testing we have done. The only + side is getting the golden gattling gun got easier if thats the case.

Tramp Stamp
01-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Restore rated defense to real defense and restore both the Mossberg and its insane drop rate. Discuss.

Swifty
01-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Discussion is overrated.

Tramp Stamp
01-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Apparently.

Max Power
01-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Restore rated defense to real defense and restore both the Mossberg and its insane drop rate. Discuss.

The Mossberg was a glitch and a lot of people spent money trying to exploit it. While I am sympathetic to the cause, as I am a victim of my own greed, I think the fact that the defense buildings have been advertised since day one with a point value, the fact that they don't give that point value and a lot of people spent real money based on those numbers puts the defense issue in a different league than the Mossberg issue.

Just sayin....

Tramp Stamp
01-26-2012, 12:55 PM
I think you misunderstand. I'm not trying to compare the magnitude of issues. I'm proposing that the Mossberg be brought back at the enhanced drop rates and defense buildings offer rated defense.

Cooz
01-26-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm calm as can be. Chillin like a villain bruh. You won't find a cooler guy lol. Im always relaxed, no matter how the posts may come off :p Just have an issue with this one single element of the game and it's very frustrating that nobody can get any answers about it after a lot of people have dropped a significant amount of money on it and brought up a lot of good points surrounding the issue and even more frustrating that we're basically asked to not ask questions and keep quiet about it while long term money spenders and great contributors to the forums are stonewalled and ignored. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. A lot have spoken up, but 15-20x that many are too scared to say anything about it.

Not trying to be the an anti-corporate naysayer, but the experience I have with business, there are only three reasons as to why they aren't giving you an answer to a legitimate question: 1.) They don't care enough to respond. 2.) There's some in-game reason. 3.) They don't know the answer.

I think a combination of 1 and 3 is likely here, but I'd be leaning toward 3. They very well could be trying to fix whatever it is, and the appropriate value will be updated eventually. Not saying that's good, but it would be at least understandable if you guys weren't spending cash for these buildings.

I'll save the fraud rant this time, but that's essentially what this is.