PDA

View Full Version : How cAn I be raided by someone 50 levels above me?

HGF69
01-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Just been raided by a level 101 player, I'm level 54.

How the hell can he see me on his attack/raid list if I can only see players 2 above or 2 below?

If that's allowed then this game is seriously flawed that he can search for me but I can't for him.

HGF69
01-26-2012, 12:45 AM
Anyone? Is this a hack?

Flipmode
01-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Beyond level 50 I understand the smaller number of players mean that the target lists are smaller. So there may be plenty of people just around you, but in the same number of targets he will have a much broader spread of levels.

May also depend on ally numbers if you have an abnormally high or low amount, perhaps.

Or he may just have you on his news feed from a long time ago, but unlikely.

azy
01-26-2012, 10:51 AM
I've been reading about these kinds of mismatch for several weeks and have been bracing for the onslaught as I just crossed level 60. However, I can refresh the rival list several times before the same names to re-appear, suggesting that the game has been out long enough that there is now a larger crowd at these higher levels. In my rival list, I usually see players plus/minus five levels from me, with the odd outlier that's perhaps eight levels higher. The interesting thing is that any one list is usually pretty uniform. For example, all high fifties or all low sixties.

I agree the situation described by HGF69 is outrageous. Unless there's a mega bug in the rival list, or hack, I too was suspecting the news feed. For what it's worth, my news feed seems to have been wiped clean about a week ago.

TRAZ
01-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Saw similar, was attacked by a player 30 levels above me with no hope of a successful revenge attack. Submitted a ticket...shrug. Not much else to do.

Agent Orange
01-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Seems crossing L50 puts you in our list. It may also have something to do with how many allies we have. You are not the only one who is now in our crosshairs.

HGF69
01-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Glad I'm not the only one. I could understand if the guy was 5 levels above me but 50!! There's no way of winning against him so why program it like that.

Deskjockey
01-26-2012, 02:08 PM
It's because players at level 80 plus or so get an enemies list that includes everyone from level 50 and above. Apparently funzio made that change a while back because the guys at the top of the food chain had very few people show up on their lists. Unfair? Yes, if you're one of the folks moving into the level 50 bracket. But for funzio, it was a matter of keeping some big spenders happy, as many of the high-level players are gold whales who have dropped hefty chunks of change on the game. Money talks. I assume that, as more people level up and get into the 80 plus brackets, funzio will have the option of reprogramming the brackets to make things fairer. We'll see if they do so.

Wildfire
01-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Build a decent defence is all you can really do to help yourself. This wlll make most of the normal players look elsewhere for targets. However, there are a few players with well over a hundred gold units and not much else who are inclined to just pummel away as they have no real losses because there armies are basically gold and loot. I keep meeting one now who has over 15000 fights won already, a weak income but more and more gold units every day. Anytime I'm over my vault I get hammered. There is nothing I can do about him, except count the gold units for a laugh. But long term he's trapped unless he spends more and more as his economy wouldn't cover normal unit losses.

Deskjockey
01-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Build a decent defence is all you can really do to help yourself. This wlll make most of the normal players look elsewhere for targets. However, there are a few players with well over a hundred gold units and not much else who are inclined to just pummel away as they have no real losses because there armies are basically gold and loot. I keep meeting one now who has over 15000 fights won already, a weak income but more and more gold units every day. Anytime I'm over my vault I get hammered. There is nothing I can do about him, except count the gold units for a laugh. But long term he's trapped unless he spends more and more as his economy wouldn't cover normal unit losses.

Unfortunately for his adversaries, THEY are his economy. Some of the gold whales make several million a day from attacks alone. With that income stream, who needs to build and upgrade money buildings?

Agent Orange
01-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Unfortunately for his adversaries, THEY are his economy. Some of the gold whales make several million a day from attacks alone. With that income stream, who needs to build and upgrade money buildings?

I wonder how lucrative that is for them. I'm guessing they are attacking similar targets and I'm finding even with quite an advantage my losses are quite high so I'm not 100% sure that this strategy is sustainable. But without actually seeing their stats perhaps they are just so powerful that they don't have losses. Hard to say.

Things I would do to try and minimize being pillaged or become whale food. Don't leave money outside your vault if they find that you do this often you become a close 'friend'. Though the jury is out I would put in defenses, again we don't seem to know what exactly their effect is but I don't think it hurts to have a lot of strong defenses. I'm just starting to work on arming with Railguns after building all 5 of my mine fields.

I would try and time my buildings so that they come due when I'm around, not over night and I would also avoid leaving large sums of money in your vault as this attracts them as well. Even though the money is safe it's kind of annoying to see them picking away at you although I've been experimenting with different defensive units to see how many valor units I can kill which might make them think twice though a few are so heavily armed that I suspect they don't care.

I also think there are some magic numbers in this game, for example over L50 and you start to risk winding up on the whales menu. Over 1000-2000 defense seems to be where attackers losses start to mount and over 10,000 defense they seem to be even worse.

Buying all defense skill points on leveling up will also create heavier losses for your attacker. This seems to really be more obvious in the higher levels and with high amounts say over 50.

I think though eventually the whales will just kill it for themselves and everyone else, I'm seeing a lot more empty bases lately and that is probably because players are just getting too discouraged from being pillaged all day long. Perhaps also why attacking losses are so high right now, if they were 'fixed' it would mean an all out feeding frenzy for the whales and is that such a great thing? Probably not as even more players will either try and hide below L50 or say screw it when they level up past L50 and get their butts handed to them.

Play below L50 is actually a lot of fun and the rivals lists aren't any where near is screwy in terms of handing you really weak players.

Honestly I don't see a good solution to the problem, these new buildings that most of us can't see seem like an interesting idea but then they would be also more easily attainable by the whale so in fact it will negate any real leveling of the playing field which is unfortunate.

P4TR1C14N
01-27-2012, 04:45 AM
A solution for this doesn't exist... you can't merge the fact of 'money players' with 'free players'.

In the end... a free player has no chance of playing this game as it should be even if he's intrinsically the best of the world. That's a pitty. I understand that money is all that counts, but to have a game that survives over time, you will need to adapt it so that your base is big enough and NEW players are attracted.

So you get the choice... or you pay quite a lot and you will feel strong and important or you don't pay and enjoy as long as it takes till you get fed up enough and search another game.

Dover
01-27-2012, 05:10 AM
A solution for this doesn't exist... you can't merge the fact of 'money players' with 'free players'.

In the end... a free player has no chance of playing this game as it should be even if he's intrinsically the best of the world. That's a pitty. I understand that money is all that counts, but to have a game that survives over time, you will need to adapt it so that your base is big enough and NEW players are attracted.

So you get the choice... or you pay quite a lot and you will feel strong and important or you don't pay and enjoy as long as it takes till you get fed up enough and search another game.

You are correct about marrying money and free, it’s like oil and vinegar. Unfortunately for this game to be fun for everyone and allow everyone a level playing field (allow, not give) is to make it a fee based game, either onetime fee-$14.99 or per month-$2.99. Now I now it adds up but lets all take a look at what we spend our cash on over the course of a month. $2.99 is not even a snack out these days and 14.99 is not even a half a night out with friends. Now those are random numbers, I have no clue how much server, internet, payroll, and what profit they want to make would add up to but that is the only way to make the game fun for everyone who signs up.

And maybe, they are going this so we ask them to make it a fee based game so we want to pay to play...Hmm...

Jarll
02-05-2012, 02:27 PM
It used to be like that in CC , after level 70 you would showed up in the HL . After thay had more players in that range , funzio rised the bar to higher levels. I expect same here.

Good luck

frenda
02-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Oil and vinegar makes a great dressing! Yummm...

On a serious note, I was attacked the other night by a level 135 while I was a 67. I'd love to know what his losses were. Considering he didn't get very much, I doubt it was worthwhile for him. I've tried sticking it out even though I don't spend money on this game, but it's hard to get much fun out of this unless you resign yourself to having losses overnight. I built up my defense numbers with skill, that's helping somewhat. Funny thing is that usually I'm winning back as much as I lose from someone who attacks me with money not secured in their vault. Got $24K the other night, not bad considering I fought him in my sleep. :) So whoever that was, thank you for the donation. :)

I find that CC is much more interesting now and the support and recent changes have made the game even more fun. The forum's even better there, then again, they've been at it for a lot longer than MW. I'll continue to play both, maybe Funzio will address some of these issues in MW soon.

Wildfire
02-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Oil and vinegar makes a great dressing! Yummm...

On a serious note, I was attacked the other night by a level 135 while I was a 67. I'd love to know what his losses were. Considering he didn't get very much, I doubt it was worthwhile for him. I've tried sticking it out even though I don't spend money on this game, but it's hard to get much fun out of this unless you resign yourself to having losses overnight. I built up my defense numbers with skill, that's helping somewhat. Funny thing is that usually I'm winning back as much as I lose from someone who attacks me with money not secured in their vault. Got $24K the other night, not bad considering I fought him in my sleep. :) So whoever that was, thank you for the donation. :)

I find that CC is much more interesting now and the support and recent changes have made the game even more fun. The forum's even better there, then again, they've been at it for a lot longer than MW. I'll continue to play both, maybe Funzio will address some of these issues in MW soon.

Lol Frenda, I though your first line was going to lead to a spam post, it seemed so off topic!

I'm with you on that I'd love to know what the players who attack me lose, especially the really strong ones.

I only started CC when the changes to this made pvp unplayable. I can't say I've really got into it, I mean you lose a fight in it but so what you lose nothing so I've just been battering away with no tactics at all (sharp intake of breath from all you CC aficionados!) I'm finding it a bit limiting to be honest.

frenda
02-09-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm finding CC much more fun to play right now since I'm trying to build my economy in MW to keep from getting pummeled by whales. I like the fact that I don't have to constantly lose something in order to gain something else. The loss rates even in PvE are ridiculous in MW.

mikebarth1955
08-24-2012, 09:08 AM
I hit level 90 and started getting pummeled. I've recorded details on over 200 attacks in the past 7 days, and I recorded less than half of them. About 85% of the atacks came from people over 15 levels higher, with the biggest lump of the between 130 and 159. However, I did get a couple of Level 200 players that came by for a visit. That's really messed up.

BTW, some of them actually lose when they attack me. I have tried leveling up (went up to 94 in five days) and it did not help at all.

manbeast
08-24-2012, 09:52 AM
i'm lvl 103, and the last few days i've been seeing down to lvl 79.

frenda
08-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Well, I've gotten my stats up and am not getting hit very much at all. Of course I don't have the stats of manbeast. :) Nice work bro.

manbeast
08-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Well, I've gotten my stats up and am not getting hit very much at all. Of course I don't have the stats of manbeast. :) Nice work bro.

Thanks man. yea this zone i'm in now (lvl 101-110) is pretty sweet. been here for about a month and hardly ever get attacked. maybe once a week. and i win lol. only fight i've lost all summer was to forum member papatom (85k stats)

Colt808
08-26-2012, 05:51 AM
Not sure about anyone else, but this is the type of thing that kills a game...

I'm at level 92 (took 2 weeks from 91) and can't make any headway in the game. Getting attacked repeatedly by players 50-100 levels higher is demoralizing and there's nothing to do at this point. I can't do higher missions because the units I need have been lost to attacks and can't buy more after repeated raids. Hell, even doing low level missions aren't worthwhile. I get attacked while doing them and most of what I collect.

All of my "peers" on the rivals list must be in the same boat, since there's nothing to raid/attack. It's really pretty bad. Every morning when I start the game, I find ALL of my buildings have been razed and every decent unit I've bought/earned the day before (and more) has been destroyed. One step forward...five steps back EVERYDAY!!! It's almost to the point where I ask what's the point?

And no I'm not butt-hurt because I'm getting attacked. It's part of the game...but it is really sad when some higher up players are able to attack repeatedly, costing the low level everything while getting little/nothing (my base is small). Seriously, why does a level 180 need to raid a level 2 silo, armory, and wind farm?

I'm sure there are many other's who feel the same. Already lost count of how many "rivals", I've come across, at my level who've sold every building and just quit. If it keeps up the player base will be depleted because very few will continue to play if they have no chance of advancing.

It's a fun game, sure. But it is getting to the point that it's a waste of time playing only to endure being ground down to nothing everyday.

Ascent
08-26-2012, 06:05 AM
I think it has more to do with number of allies than levels. A week ago I dropped my allies from 498 down to 49 in steps of hundreds. What I noticed, is that at every ally level I was able to find high level players, even L200 players were lurking in the deep at below 100 allies. Not sure what they were doing there, fishing or escaping the whales, but they were there.

I think the rival list works something like this: it picks a random nuber around your Level and picks another random nuber around your Ally count. Then produces a list of players which match these random parameters within a certain range. Therefore, in one extreme, one can see players much higher than his level and with higher number of allies, and in another extreme, the reverse. One can also get higer level players with lower allies and in reverse.

jeffrey
08-26-2012, 11:50 PM
It seems like the whale/elephant zone glitch is lowered to level 50, for a while it was level 130, then 90 recently, now 50!
The situation is getting worser, not better.

I am the victim of being constantly attack by level 40 to 50 above me, sometimes 100 and above. I am at level 95 now. You just have to add mine fields and railguns like me.

Wai
02-13-2013, 01:19 AM
It concerns me that these issues are happening. I cant imagine the positive out of a L200 being able to attack many levels below. I cant imagine why they would even want to do that. If its true that they are all/mainly gold armies and they can go no further, then what is the point of raiding for cash, for skill points battle points or anything else that I can think of. Wouldn't it become a battle between them for bragging rights only.

What are the benefits of changing or maintaining the game parameters like that. Wouldn't a L200 player want to challenge those around him/her. Isn't it risky to expose those well below to this. I have read here that it is those with all the money to spend that caused this. I can't imagine what logic was used by management if that is the case. To base your economy on a small group of upper level players and change things because they want it is fanciful. Economies of scale would dictate the reverse. Look after the masses even if they are smaller payers because $1.00 from one million is better than $1,000 from one hundred. There is no amount of money that all the level 200s could possibly spend that would get within 1/100,000 of the money spent by the rest. If you loose 10% of the big spenders, it is far better than loosing 10% of the small spenders.

If there is nothing more that can be achieved by the L200's then they will leave at some point.

If there is nothing more that can be achieved by those way below because they are their allowed feeding ground then they will leave at some point.

That leads me to believe that surely this is a glitch that needs some higher level attention.

manbeast
02-13-2013, 01:45 AM
how did you find this thread? its ancient...?

Wai
02-13-2013, 02:28 AM
how did you find this thread? its ancient...?

So it still happening. Must be something management requires then. Not sure how I found it, the usual way I guess. None of these are ancient to me, they are all new and some have interesting discussions.

Perhaps they should remove old discussions if they dont consider them current.

LanceCollins
02-13-2013, 05:42 PM
This happened to me also.