PDA

View Full Version : What to do for my economy?

corbbb
01-23-2012, 10:10 PM
I am level 71 and didn't get serious about this game until about level 50 where then still all I worried about was attacking people and getting rp. So I have had an extremely poor economy in this game and still do but right now all i'm worried about is hitting up the boardwalk for m4s and getting more income soooo.. I was wondering what ideas anyone might have about what i can do to get the best output possible with what I already have, and also tips on what to buy next.

My income per hour is $6065

I have
2 laundromats lvl 3 and 5
2 gun shops lvl 2
2 pawn shops lvl 4 and 5
2 houses lvl 2
2 pizza parlor lvl 9 and 3
1 warehouse lvl 7
2 ice cream shops lvl 1
1 smoke shop lvl 1
1 meat factory lvl 1
2 italian restaurant lvl 7s

and 1 gas station, arcade, diner and sports bar lvl 1

So, feel free to help me out because I suck with this whole economy thing haha.

Chris Hill
01-23-2012, 10:38 PM
I was in the same boat, and came to the same conclusions at about level 65.

I have
2 x Dominican - level 1
2 x Fish Shop - level 1
2 x Electronic Store - level 1
2 x History Museum - level 1
2 x House - level 6
2 x Laundromat - level 8
2 x Movie Theatre - level 1
2 x Gun Shop - level 4 and 3 (currently upgrading to 4)
2 x Tattoo Parlour - level 4
2 x Internet Company - level 1
2 x Clothing Store - level 1
2 x Meat Factory - level 1
1 x Deli - level 1
2 x Diner - level 3 and 2 (and soon to be gone)
2 x Pawn Shop - level 7 and 4
1 x Barbershop - level 1
1 x Shoe Store - level 1
2 x Bagel Shop - level 1
2 x Smoke Shop - level 1

Income is 10,029 per hour and rapidly increasing.

My first suggestion would be to get the Building Guide and copy it somewhere. Try to keep something building and upgrapding at all times - start with the laundromats and anything you can upgrade for less than $1,000. Start robbing and attacking frequently and stop doing missions - 30 uzis that add nothing to your attack is very expensive.

I sold my arcade, gas stations, warehouse and sports bar, and used the cash to start with fish shops and dominican restaurants, followed by the movie theatres.

It is also worth taking a little time to plan your hood. I have spreadsheet with my hood on it so I have as little wasted space as possible. I have almost finished the $400K expansion and all that plus some safehouses, abandoned buildings (only kept because I wasted time and money upgrading a lot), turrets and a wholesale warehouse construction site.

In summary,
- upgrade all the time
- sell what is not returning you good money for space
- rob and attack anyone you can
- fish, dominican and movie theaters (I also highly value my tattoo parlours)

Swifty
01-24-2012, 01:35 AM
I am higher level and my economy is even worse.

Maybe I should get more serious about it instead of just casually playing for fun.

Amber_
01-24-2012, 04:35 AM
corbbb: first thing, GET YOUR LAUNDROMATS TO LVL 10!
My income is over 200k/h so I know what I'm talking about. It's going to take some time but it's without doubt the best thing you can do right now. When you've done that, you'll get 800 from them every five minute, so just log on as often as you can and collect. The next step, upgrade your ice cream shops! They are really great and the upgrades are cheap. After that, try to save up for a movie theatre, build it and upgrade it to lvl 2. Then build another one and do the same thing. After that, build a loft (and then another one).

Other great buildings you should strive to build in the nearest future are the dominican restaurants, the comedy clubs, the fish stores and the bagel shops. I see you have a smoke shop, they are great! If you're willing to spend more gold, you should buy another one. They are quite cheap, and now with the free gold option (via tapjoy.com) it shouldn't take you that long to sc**** up the gold you need to build another one for free.

Oh, and I see you don't have the tattoo parlor, I would suggest buying them too, they are one of the most valuable low level buildings.
My suggestion, don't build another one of these: warehouse, arcade, sports bar, gas station and diner. You're probably going to sell them later on anyways, but it's totally up to you.
Great job with leveling up your italians to lvl 7 btw.

Had little time to write this, so it's probably a little messy. But just ask if you wonder about something or need advice! Good luck!

Anubis
01-24-2012, 04:47 AM
Basically - What Amber said.

Ice cream shops for sure though, they are cheap to upgrade and at level 10 give $7838 every 3hours.

The warehouses are junk really, but I see you stood strong and completed the goal. Tatoo's and Barber shops ar e3also very good, cheap to upgrade also. Low foot prints. The level 7 Barber shop gives similar income to a level 1 Flower shop (that shop costs $500,000) but the barber shop upgrades gettingthere are very cheap.

Once you've upgrades these shanty town buildings to level 4-6 (if your not spending gold on the game) then Movie theatres and lofts all the way. You can save for a MT or loft upgrade by setting a long time cheap building off, like the final 2-3 Ice cream upgrades that take a fair amount of time,

IF you spend gold on buildings, the big 3 are the Rock Cafe (lvl 102?) Pirate Tavern, and the Gentleman clubs.

Chappels and churches are nice incomefor their level, but nothing compared to the big 3.

Chiefer
01-25-2012, 03:04 AM
Double ice cream shop best thing to start, Get the italian restruants out of the way to they are horrible.

Amber_
01-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Double ice cream shop best thing to start, Get the italian restruants out of the way to they are horrible.

What are you talking about? The italians are great where he's at, especially since they're lvl 7.

Anubis
01-26-2012, 04:50 AM
I have
2 gun shops lvl 2
2 pawn shops lvl 4 and 5
2 houses lvl 2
1 warehouse lvl 7
2 ice cream shops lvl 1
1 smoke shop lvl 1
1 meat factory lvl 1

I think you really just made the wrong decisions on what you chose to upgrade. LEave the Italians where they are. You can do those long upgrades when you need to save for something. Ice Cream shops up to a similar level and LM's to 9-10 IF you log in regular.

Warehouse and Gun shops are low income, so come back to them at a laater date.

When I say you made the wrong decsisions, I meann't you leveled up 2 Italians to 7 instead of the Ice Cream shops, and leveled 2 Pawn shops to level 4/5 instead of the house's. That level 7 Warehouse must of taken some saving :P

Stitch
01-26-2012, 08:21 AM
It's 70k and 2 days for that final upgrade. I think I'm regretting completing that goal.

white frog
01-26-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm currently at level 40. I'm probably one of the most patient players at this level, as I have been camping out here for a couple of months. My current income is $38893 per hour (would be higher but I've been investing in armor for a week). My absolute staples are my 2 level 5 movie theatres, 2 level 10 Italian restaurants, 2 level 10 houses, and of course my laundromats. Early on my goal was to max out the houses, and then moved on to barbershops, tattoo parlors, and pawn shops. I am currently working on comedy clubs, but save up for them while upgrading things like electronic stores and meat factories.
So far I have held on to my warehouses, simply because I've expanded my hood vastly and don't need the space yet.. but that falls in line with my goals, which I'm sure are quite different from a goal of efficiency.

Anubis
01-26-2012, 08:55 AM
I'm currently at level 40. I'm probably one of the most patient players at this level, as I have been camping out here for a couple of months. My current income is $38893 per hour (would be higher but I've been investing in armor for a week). My absolute staples are my 2 level 5 movie theatres, 2 level 10 Italian restaurants, 2 level 10 houses, and of course my laundromats. Early on my goal was to max out the houses, and then moved on to barbershops, tattoo parlors, and pawn shops. I am currently working on comedy clubs, but save up for them while upgrading things like electronic stores and meat factories.
So far I have held on to my warehouses, simply because I've expanded my hood vastly and don't need the space yet.. but that falls in line with my goals, which I'm sure are quite different from a goal of efficiency.

I hada goal to build a warehouse after I had already bought one. I made it and sold it instantly just to complete the goal, take up way to much space.

Your econ is banging for level 40, with the foundations you have you could prob speed the leveling a little. It depends on if youre planning on buying some of the later gold bulidings. They add significant amounts to your econ but obviously cost RM. Very impressive though what ever you decide (reminds me of Tramp stamp).

white frog
01-26-2012, 10:27 AM
I hada goal to build a warehouse after I had already bought one. I made it and sold it instantly just to complete the goal, take up way to much space.

Your econ is banging for level 40, with the foundations you have you could prob speed the leveling a little. It depends on if youre planning on buying some of the later gold bulidings. They add significant amounts to your econ but obviously cost RM. Very impressive though what ever you decide (reminds me of Tramp stamp).

I don't plan on spending any RM in this game. I realize that sooner or later it will put me at a real dissadvantage, but my goal is to prove that you can still get really far without spending... just requires a lot of patience!

Anubis
01-26-2012, 10:47 AM
I don't plan on spending any RM in this game. I realize that sooner or later it will put me at a real dissadvantage, but my goal is to prove that you can still get really far without spending... just requires a lot of patience!

Its very true, but like you said, you don't need a little patience, you need a load of it. Each time you level up a Movie Theatre or Loft its adding a big gain to your econ.

Mattyb170
06-11-2012, 02:42 AM
Hey mate. I'm on level 108 with 120k income. I realised I needed to lift my income at about the same level as you. Always be upgrading and building. You will have to sacrifice buying attack and defense but in the long run it will be worth it. I've spent no gold as it kind of defeats the purpose of playing the game in the first place. I found the best way was to first purchase as many buildings as I could and then upgrade them all evenly. Concentrating on upgrading one at a time to a high level just makes it a target for robbing. You can fly under the radar a bit with lots of low level buildings. Also lower level upgrades are cheap and quick. Best income buildings for me have been movie theatre and Dominican. Be patient as the growth is expedential. The first 30k takes for ever and is very frustrating but things really start to fly after that. Good luck.

I am level 71 and didn't get serious about this game until about level 50 where then still all I worried about was attacking people and getting rp. So I have had an extremely poor economy in this game and still do but right now all i'm worried about is hitting up the boardwalk for m4s and getting more income soooo.. I was wondering what ideas anyone might have about what i can do to get the best output possible with what I already have, and also tips on what to buy next.

My income per hour is $6065

I have
2 gun shops lvl 2
2 pawn shops lvl 4 and 5
2 houses lvl 2
1 warehouse lvl 7
2 ice cream shops lvl 1
1 smoke shop lvl 1
1 meat factory lvl 1

and 1 gas station, arcade, diner and sports bar lvl 1

So, feel free to help me out because I suck with this whole economy thing haha.

nopenopenope
06-11-2012, 06:26 AM
5 month necro....by that new guy...

o.O