PDA

View Full Version : 2 types of people that make me laugh in crime city

procsyzarc
01-23-2012, 06:53 PM
1/ People that can’t compete and get so feed up with getting beaten that they spend $1000’s of dollars on gold items just to win, then feel they are so good they need to spam everyone’s page telling them how great they are. If you have had to spend $1000’s of dollars to compete no matter how many wins you get now you have already lost and funzio has won by you tricking you into spending $1000’s that you wouldn’t normally because of your own frustration at not being able to compete. Also most people don’t look at your profile and god dam he has 60k attack or whatever he must be pro, they say what an idiot needed 500 gold items to compete. Not talking about the people with gold building but the people who have literally 100’s of gold items. Funny part is when these people camp other to get their revenge and think they are getting their own back it really doesn’t bother the people being camped since money is banked and buildings are sync’ed so they don’t lose anything.

2/ People who rage that you attacked them and spam your comments page with abusive rants. There are only a certain amount of people that show up on a rivals list chances are you are going to get attacked more than once by most people just accept it if your money is banked and buildings synced you don’t lose anything. Spewing abuse at other is just going to make them target you everyone time they see you increasing your rage. There are times there are no higher levels that show up on rivals page just accept that sometimes you will be attacked by people who are higher and move on.

Basically both are the same person and it is a brilliant system for making money by funzio. Player gets attacked gets pissed off, funzio offer free wins if you spend enough money, players spends a ****load of money and now camps other players who then in turn spend more and the cycle continues.

In the end these players get themselves in a vicious cycles spending more and more until eventually they sit back and regret what they have done while funzio laughs all the way to the bank.

Tramp Stamp
01-23-2012, 08:04 PM
allhaildiscordia mentioned an article(s) where the author(s) cast the new wave of micropayment social media software as gambling rather than gaming, and the behaviors you describe would fit into that mold, especially the inability to cut losses in an attempt to gain control. What's smart on the part of companies like Funzio, however, is that unlike regular gambling, it's actually possible to "win" with a large enough investment, which fuels even more investment than you'd normally see. "Gambling" probably isn't the right word for what's going on, but whatever it is describes the same personality traits.

madawgg
01-23-2012, 09:28 PM
lol so what...i mean funzio obviously aims to make some money

jaywalker
01-23-2012, 11:26 PM
I loose alot of battles, but I just started reading at the forums instead :) Wish I could start from scratch, cause I suck ass. But I'm slowly getting better thanks to reading the forums :D

Swifty
01-24-2012, 01:46 AM
Gold buyers are paying for the game whereas cheapskates like me are not.

I owe them a debt of gratitude.

SupremeFaze
01-24-2012, 03:45 AM
what if your a baller?

prone
01-24-2012, 04:39 AM
:) it`s everyone`s right to exercise their assets. some choose to exercise their brains and be patient, others choose to exercise their wallets. live and let die.

Anubis
01-24-2012, 04:54 AM
I know the person Proc is refering to in /1 in the OP.

Ive been thinking its like this for said person.

:- no-one can PVP or rob and stand a chance at winning. Said person often has buildings untouched for hours until he next logs on to collect and delete all the negative press on his comment page. The money he is collecting will get him nothing because he has gold for each mafia member just about. Earning (R) - something we all enjoy is pointless because gold equip > silver equip.

If theres no point to an economy, no point in earning (R), no point in deciding whether you might like to camp a while to stat build or boost econ, no point in building defence buildings, knowing every single PVP and rob is a gurenteed succes, and knowing you will defend 100% of robs etc - where is the fun or challenge in the game? - All that is left is singling ppl out and trash talk.

The old 'Noodles attacked me 30 levels higher than me so I spent $10,000 to get strong' (to do the same thing as what noodles did to him), the whole 'I will protect you' bull crap is just stale. Anyone guess who Im talking about lol

Another thing, this guy must of had some of the weakest stats around at the time for his level, his IQ is very low and not the kind of person to of ever though about checking the forums for advice on the game before hand (as some of you have seen in his 2 threads - that he instantly denies, he is not got an ounce of intelligiance)

Dillinja
01-24-2012, 04:58 AM
Gold buyers are paying for the game whereas cheapskates like me are not.

I owe them a debt of gratitude.
+1
I'm with you on that one bro.

J.J.
01-24-2012, 06:02 AM
The thing about buying 10 or 20K worth of gold is that it takes no strategy. I have very good stats for a cash only weapons player, so I've had to choose weapons carefully. If I bought that much $ worth of gold I'd be able to smash anyone too.

Euchred
01-24-2012, 06:20 AM
I've experienced the rage player, quite commical I was actually called some pretty funny names. I couldn't imagine spending that much on a game but I'm not very prone to addictions that cost money except coffee lol. And don't get me started on RPG addiction I'm pretty sure it's a real thing.

blondealex
01-24-2012, 06:59 AM
I wish we could get a commission for making people mad enough to buy gold. I have been in "temporary battles/beatdowns" where people have started spending. I think I get as much enjoyment out of that as I do winning.

Anubis
01-24-2012, 07:19 AM
And don't get me started on RPG addiction I'm pretty sure it's a real thing.

Tell me about it

Im a massive RPG fan, played all the Final Fantasy games and DS/PSP versions, absolutely loved Dragona Age 1 & 2 (even though 2 was a little rushed and less open), thought oblivion was amazing but for some reason im not getting addicted to Skyrim like I should be. I don't know why this is, im pretty far through it too but recently I just don't feel the need to play it. Ive been playing it on normal difficulty all the way through so the boss fights are challenging, I just don't know what it is. Its the first RPG I've focused on beinga mage and have nice perks in Destruction, Restoration, and Alteration. Aslo not neglected the melee side, got nice perks in two handed weapons too.

I think I might just put it on now and see what happens lol

Edit: part of it I think is the load times. Takes around a minute to load up, can be especially frustrating in the harder dungens.

Euchred
01-24-2012, 07:26 AM
@ Anubis
I made the mistake of getting skyrim for ps3, long load times and lagginess after so many hours of gameplay. I started with FF7 and gone back to play many other FF games. I would FFX was the one I spent the most time on.(can't wait till it's on the vita lol)

Synergy
01-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Im sure I'll be in the "daily beatdown" posts soon for this one, but I gotta add my opinion. The player in 1/ reminds me of someone that got picked on or bullied all through school, has rich parents he still lives with, started playing CC and was getting picked on there (which reminded him of school), so he spends 10k off mom's credit card and goes around telling everyone he'll protect them and bragging on everyone's wall in a desperate attempt to make the friends he never had. Damn was that a little too honest?

Stitch
01-24-2012, 11:06 AM
Im a massive RPG fan, played all the Final Fantasy games and DS/PSP versions, absolutely loved Dragona Age 1 & 2 (even though 2 was a little rushed and less open), thought oblivion was amazing but for some reason im not getting addicted to Skyrim like I should be. I don't know why this is, im pretty far through it too but recently I just don't feel the need to play it. Ive been playing it on normal difficulty all the way through so the boss fights are challenging, I just don't know what it is. Its the first RPG I've focused on beinga mage and have nice perks in Destruction, Restoration, and Alteration. Aslo not neglected the melee side, got nice perks in two handed weapons too.

For me it's Sneak (100) coupled with brain dead AI. My archer rogue breezes through every encounter unless it's a set piece boss battle that is close quarters. Pick off a mob, sneak out, repeat ad naseum. Get used to hearing, "Oh, it must have been my imagination" alot, when their compatriot they were just talking to is dead with an arrow in their head.

procsyzarc
01-24-2012, 12:19 PM
The thing about buying 10 or 20K worth of gold is that it takes no strategy. I have very good stats for a cash only weapons player, so I've had to choose weapons carefully. If I bought that much $ worth of gold I'd be able to smash anyone too.

This is my whole thought on gold weapon buyers, takes no skill you are just buying better stats. I don't mind gold buildings to speed up progress but simply buying better stats with out having to think where to invest money and respect seems like it would make the game very boring very fast but because you have spent so much makes it hard to quit so you trash talk for fun while others laugh at you.

@anubis the person you are talking about actually attacked me and robbed me for a whooping $8k (would have happened anyway since I'm not going to wake up in the night just to collect chappels) then felt the need to post on my wall along the lines of. Anubis from the forums asked me to attack you please delete this once you have read it. Obviously trying to get others to start **** with you thinking that the rest of the players actually care that they get attack and lose a few $1000's of ingame money if that.

Anubis
01-24-2012, 12:47 PM
More than anything, he is his own worst enemy.

Ive had a lot of experiance with Payams comments right now, but i'd still find it incredibly difficult to impersonate a guy so dim. I'd have to think very hard to match his wording. - can try:

procsyzarc, I will protect you. ~The latest whinners off my attacks are Anubis, Noodles, Bulldog, (+4-5 oter names, meh). They get beated every day and continuously spam on my page. I will report any of these people for spamming to funzio - so bewhare :eek:

Says the biggest 'in his terms' spammer in all of cc.

Penutt
01-24-2012, 01:22 PM
I think everyone is missing a very big point about this game. Funzio is in the business of making money and could care less about how well you build a strategy based on being "internet tough" without buying gold. I am not sure why so many people have a problem with anyone playing this game who buys gold because the option is there for him/her if they so choose to. I could care less about who has the ability or the will to buy gold or not to buy gold. What someone has in his/her poccets is not my concern. That is like me driving down the street and seeing someone living in a 6 bedroom house with no kids and I'm hating on them because I live in a 2 bedroom with 3 children, a dog, a cat, two hamsters, and oh yea my wife. If they chose to buy a 6 bedroom house then that is their business just like if someone in this game chooses to spend $20 gees then that is his/her business and it is not killing anyone that it is being done.

I am going to say this, some of the same people up in here who have such an issue with spending real money in this game are going around creating alter-ego forum profiles and game accounts just so you can talk out the side of your necc because you can not approach the person you have an issue with like a man. Then on top of that, one of your very own "internet tough guys" have spent more than $10,000 in real money on this game but you have nothing bad to say about him!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmm, you know what they say about throwing stones from a glass house or calling the kettle blacc!

Max Power
01-24-2012, 01:26 PM
That is like me driving down the street and seeing someone living in a 6 bedroom house with no kids and I'm hating on them because I live in a 2 bedroom with 3 children, a dog, a cat, two hamsters, and oh yea my wife. If they chose to buy a 6 bedroom house then that is their business just like if someone in this game chooses to spend $20 gees then that is his/her business and it is not killing anyone that it is being done.

You are missing the point people are trying to make. It's one thing to buy a 6 bedroom house, it's completely another thing to taunt people in 2 bedroom houses with it, especially if you bought it with daddy's money and are pretending you earned it.

There will always be people that have issues with anybody that buys gold, and I am not one of them, but a lot more people have issues with people that buy gold and then act like they are somehow better players.

Penutt
01-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Your just inflating your own ego...............................

madhatter, madhattersmother, gameadd1ct, BBz, and now You Little Duck House! Wow

Penutt
01-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Whos gameraddict?

You, just one of your many alter egos!

Swifty
01-24-2012, 01:33 PM
The gold buyers are supporting the game so that people like me can play for free.

I appreciate their efforts.

Penutt
01-24-2012, 01:34 PM
You are missing the point people are trying to make. It's one thing to buy a 6 bedroom house, it's completely another thing to taunt people in 2 bedroom houses with it, especially if you bought it with daddy's money and are pretending you earned it.

There will always be people that have issues with anybody that buys gold, and I am not one of them, but a lot more people have issues with people that buy gold and then act like they are somehow better players.

I understand your point of view but as I stated in my original response this is done by more than one person. I have seen other people post things like "leave so and so alone" or "join me because if you don't I won't stop attaccing you" So what makes one any better than the other?

Penutt
01-24-2012, 01:45 PM
LOL how could someone get so many things wrong....................................

And what would it be im pretending too be? enlighten me..... This should be worth a laugh

You are not worth any more of my precious time. Poof be gone! lol

NotsoFunzio
01-24-2012, 02:29 PM
You are not worth any more of my precious time. Poof be gone! lol

........................... That will never happen ;)

Penutt
01-24-2012, 02:38 PM
........................... That will never happen ;)

You are bacc already!!!!!!!!!!! I give you credit at least you are consistent. Are you having your own little private battle with Funzio to see how quiccly they ban you again?

NotsoFunzio
01-24-2012, 02:39 PM
You are bacc already!!!!!!!!!!! I give you credit at least you are consistent. Are you having your own little private battle with Funzio to see how quiccly they ban you again?

Do i know you? I just joined?

Penutt
01-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Do i know you? I just joined?

Sure you did so welcome aboard madhatter #5

procsyzarc
01-24-2012, 06:33 PM
I think everyone is missing a very big point about this game. Funzio is in the business of making money and could care less about how well you build a strategy based on being "internet tough" without buying gold. I am not sure why so many people have a problem with anyone playing this game who buys gold because the option is there for him/her if they so choose to. I could care less about who has the ability or the will to buy gold or not to buy gold. What someone has in his/her poccets is not my concern. That is like me driving down the street and seeing someone living in a 6 bedroom house with no kids and I'm hating on them because I live in a 2 bedroom with 3 children, a dog, a cat, two hamsters, and oh yea my wife. If they chose to buy a 6 bedroom house then that is their business just like if someone in this game chooses to spend $20 gees then that is his/her business and it is not killing anyone that it is being done.

I am going to say this, some of the same people up in here who have such an issue with spending real money in this game are going around creating alter-ego forum profiles and game accounts just so you can talk out the side of your necc because you can not approach the person you have an issue with like a man. Then on top of that, one of your very own "internet tough guys" have spent more than $10,000 in real money on this game but you have nothing bad to say about him!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmm, you know what they say about throwing stones from a glass house or calling the kettle blacc!

The post wasn't that people shouldn't spend gold on items (personally I hate the way funzio use gold in this game but hey it makes them a lot of money so can't blame them) but more I find it funny that there are certain people who spend a $1000's to win then act like you should kiss their ass or face their wrath and expect everyone to go yes sir I will do as you say please don't beat me and take $1 if you are lucky since my money is banked.

To be honest I was very close to spending $7000.00 and buying 500 of the 150 gold explosives for a laugh but decided against it at the last second, not because I care or need the $7000 but it would make the game unbelievable boring since there would be none point in respect or money since you could already beat anyone and if you have no need for respect or money then really what’s the point in playing

jdooby
01-24-2012, 08:54 PM
I am in need of 1 gold to buy myself another Basketball court (beats me where I used the 1 gold...) so my boys can throw down yaknow, but I fall into the cheapskate category so alas i will never get my second hoop dream.
How easy would it be to buy all you need and not need a plan. No fun if you ask me.

Tramp Stamp
01-24-2012, 09:02 PM
I dunno, I don't fit into the mindset, but I can see the appeal of buying your way into being the best at something. For some people, being the best is all that matters, not how you get there. Off topic but related, I think Barry Bonds is one of the best baseball players of all time because he had the natural talent and work ethic but then upped the ante by "buying" his way into an even higher tier, which he basically occupies by himself in some respects. The Crime City equivalent would be pairing Payam's checkbook with one of the game's most strategic minds. In that case, this "Payam" would have been virtually unbeatable before he spent money and would have become transcendent afterwards.

Tramp Stamp
01-24-2012, 11:10 PM
All this talk in this thread and others makes me all teary eyed toward an article (series) that's near and dear to me:

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

K@le
01-25-2012, 01:28 AM
People who have a lot of gold weapons, they hardly have more then 1 M4A1

J.J.
01-25-2012, 04:17 AM
People who have a lot of gold weapons, they hardly have more then 1 M4A1

No need for m4a1's when you have about 350 tech gatling guns. lol

G Wiz
01-25-2012, 04:48 AM
No need for m4a1's when you have about 350 tech gatling guns. lolIsnt that the truth

kimberleyj
01-25-2012, 06:34 AM
I am grateful for the people who have brought loads of gold because a few months back I was gonna buy £8 worth(110 gold) with my iTunes gift card because I got £45 worth of gift cards for the price of £35 ,but when I see some people spending £80 for just 1 weapon or more than 3 gold weapons I just think to myself that spending £8 on the game is not gonna make a difference what so ever , so it puts me off spending my money.

People who write abuse really yank my chain because I play this game to relax me and when you have had a hard day you don't want to hear abuse from people .At the end of the day it is just a game, if people rob you can collect again in 2 days or less and attack doesn't effect you unless you don't bank things.

Navi Ho
01-25-2012, 06:49 AM

Slight correction to your wording, in Payam's case it is not "better players" but "better people". It is obvious from his spamming posts across everyone's wall that the only enjoyment he can get in the game is trying to control other players as based on his whining and stats it is clear he has no strategy. An example, he has threatened at least one player with continuous attacks/harassment unless they make certain posts on 20 other peoples walls. What a low life. And if this is part of the game and in line with the concept of criminal activity, then so is bombing buildings (like in biker wars), so let me invest in weapons that damage buildings and temporarily reduce the players attack/defense status regardless of source until the building is repaired. The repair could be a timed event, and say any individual player is allowed one attacking/bombing mission per 24 hour period. So we have would then have a true mob war, and money wouldn't buy you invincibility if you have enough enemies.

While I admit the above is likely opening a whole new can of worms and does have problems, I have another suggestion for gold weapons and defenses. Why not let gold building defenses count in full against gold weapon attacks? Or even restrict gold weapon attacks to say a percentage, like 110-150% of your opponents gold weapon's attack? So when a player spends his $10 k on the game, it is only good when battling against another player with approximately the same investment. This would at least level the playing field a bit. Note 110-150% of nothing is nothing so it may need a different tact when attacking non-gold players. I mean it is not like the value of att/def was ever cast in stone in the first place.