PDA

View Full Version : Excelero's or Yamaha's...

Durantular
01-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Respect points per attack point: 38.7/25 (Excelero/Yamaha)
Respect points per defence point: 70.6/27.1 (Excelero/Yahama)

Obviously, if you ever get to the point of owning 500 excelero's, all respect points spent on yahama's become obselete. However the chances of doing this seem incredibly high and unrealistic..

With the figures in mind, why do people rave about the excelero so much? Apart from the fact that its far and away the best vehicle to equip mafia with.. It's price to do so when compared to the Yahama is ridiculous. (Im not comparing gold vehicles).

I think an ideal number of excelero's to aim for would be around 75.

Babytway
01-23-2012, 06:24 PM
no way the ideal is 500 it isn't easy but not too hard. im on 90 and robbing everyday to boost up more.

procsyzarc
01-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Personally I think yahama's.
If you think about it you can get a chain whip and a yahama cheeaper than one exo.

My plan was 400 yahma's (on 420 or so now because of new quests) 450 NVG ( stopped at 400 for now since quests make whips less painful and can do NVG without quests easy) 500 chain whips (20 so far) then if ever make this point (which will depend on quests, I think they may stop when you get to defeat 100 people with 500 mafia but will have to wait to find out next week or so) upgrade MA41's to RPG's or yahma's to exo's.

dudeman
01-23-2012, 06:55 PM
I bought Yamahas until I had 130 and then started saving RP for the Exelero. One or two days after I started saving the fight goals were reintroduced, so saving has been way easier. I haven't even unlocked the Exelero yet and I'm going to get minimum 40-50 when I do unlock it.

I can see the point of the YRB up to a certain point, but I tried to keep in mind the fact that it will eventually become obsolete.

Durantular
01-23-2012, 07:07 PM
no way the ideal is 500 it isn't easy but not too hard. im on 90 and robbing everyday to boost up more.

You seemed to shut out the idea of yamahas as stupid. But ok, each to their own :)..

For those focused solely on attack (yours truly) I think the best thing to buy is the night goggles in armor. Not many other, if any, armor item offers 16 attack. I am ignoring the full suit because its only +1 attack on the goggles for 500 more RP.

erik
01-23-2012, 09:03 PM
If you plan to play long term, I would say do not waste rp on anything but the top item in a category. I bought 100+ yamahas and would do it differently in retrospect.

Bruiser
01-23-2012, 09:12 PM
You need to focus on what you need now and for the next 20-30 levels, you don't need to think too far ahead. Its about beating the people around you. You will always gain RP winning fights, so be the best you can be now, not at level 200 because alot can and will happen until then...

madawgg
01-23-2012, 09:25 PM
whatever fits you the best is the way to go! I'm all for attack so I dont really care about defense. so i always pick the one gives me the maximum attack boost!

Chironex
01-24-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm a great advocate for Excelero's over Yamaha's and that's primarily because it is the best attack vehicle around. IMO, first understand what your end game equipment will look like for respect items and even possibly how long you forsee yourself playing CC. If defense is also important to you, then also consider that even though the full combat armor is pricey, it also serves a dual purpose in that it is the best attack and defense item you can get. Same goes for the Chain Whip.

Even though it may seem unrealistic, my strategy is to always strive for the best-in-slot items. The order in which I purchase respect items depends on the actual amount of attack per respect I will receive by purchasing the item. At the moment I have stopped at 168 Chain Whips to begin purchasing Exeleros because the gain in attack per respect has dropped below the gain i would receive from Exeleros.

J.J.
01-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Excelero for the blang blang factor!

I think it's more useful overall when you get up into higher levels.

procsyzarc
01-24-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm a great advocate for Excelero's over Yamaha's and that's primarily because it is the best attack vehicle around. IMO, first understand what your end game equipment will look like for respect items and even possibly how long you forsee yourself playing CC. If defense is also important to you, then also consider that even though the full combat armor is pricey, it also serves a dual purpose in that it is the best attack and defense item you can get. Same goes for the Chain Whip.

Even though it may seem unrealistic, my strategy is to always strive for the best-in-slot items. The order in which I purchase respect items depends on the actual amount of attack per respect I will receive by purchasing the item. At the moment I have stopped at 168 Chain Whips to begin purchasing Exeleros because the gain in attack per respect has dropped below the gain i would receive from Exeleros.

Although this is true and ultimately having 500 exo's, chain whips, full combat suits and even RPG's would be great it would take an unbeliveble long time to achieve where you will have to deal with sub standard stats.

The big factor is going to be how long these new quest last, if they end after beat 100 people with 500 mafia then best in slot items will be out of reach for a very long time, if they open up a new set of quests then best in slot items may be possible but we won't know for about a week more untill people get there to see if they end

Babytway
01-24-2012, 07:35 PM
168 chainwhips is impressive

theONE
01-24-2012, 10:25 PM
168 chainwhips sounds impossible as is, I mean how is it possible to gain that much rspect points, its not like they come in 50's i.e one attack nets you 50 points each time

750 points and only each attack can get 10 or less and usually less

whats the trick?

theONE
01-24-2012, 10:33 PM
oh btw sorry for double post but isn't it logical to start with weaker items before you jump to higher ones?

this is why strong players always spam weak items like brass knuckles and such before they jump to higher items. THEN when you add stronger items later you'll be ADDING strength after buying the weak items

if you buy stronger items now you'll a) take forever b) negate the ability to collect weaker items later as the game will pick the stronger ones to use

Tramp Stamp
01-24-2012, 10:46 PM
oh btw sorry for double post but isn't it logical to start with weaker items before you jump to higher ones?

Since cash is a fungible resource while respect essentially isn't, I say push cash to its limits and stumble into the high tier respect items. I have the rep as a camper but I've been steadily gaining levels for weeks. In my experience, opposing players are using respect gear as a crutch, much like gold players do. I haven't experienced high level play, but I have a rough idea what's it's about. If I can't fend off lower level jokers at a slight handicap (banking respect) then I have no chance of competing at higher stakes.

this is why strong players always spam weak items like brass knuckles and such before they jump to higher items. THEN when you add stronger items later you'll be ADDING strength after buying the weak items

Exactly. Cash items, which draw upon a resource that is not only practically infinite but growing at a non-linear rate.

if you buy stronger items now you'll a) take forever b) negate the ability to collect weaker items later as the game will pick the stronger ones to use

The issue is resource allocation.

Synergy
01-24-2012, 10:56 PM
I got 480 or so NVG's, got 130-135 YB's (I would have saved for Exceleros from the start, but was at a point where I wanted to increase my stats too quickly to wait for that. I dont think getting around that as early as you can is a bad idea but I won't be buying any more.), 42 Chain whips (currently adding as many of these as possible), and only around 20-25 Exceleros (will add more after I'm done with chain whips). The last thing I'll probably add is the full combat armor to raise defense a little, but this can be done to a lesser extent by buying Tasers when your income will support it).

Chiefer
01-25-2012, 01:26 AM
I have 90 Yamaha's and still buying them, It'll be awhile before I'm 115.

Ghost818
01-25-2012, 02:03 AM
I have 300 yamahas, I shoulve invested in NVBs instead but whatever, I am going to camp now and just farm respect till I reach 300 NVBs or so.

Amber_
01-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Excelero for the blang blang factor!

I think it's more useful overall when you get up into higher levels.

It's definitely more useful.
Btw, would love to do you in an Excelero.

NotsoFunzio
01-25-2012, 12:02 PM
It's definitely more useful.
Btw, would love to do you in an Excelero.

U'll defiantly get more bang for your buck in the excelero in that case....