PDA

View Full Version : How to keep from losing units when attacked?

ObamaSux
01-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Hate to sound like a whiny punk, but I'm just fed up with hw many units I'm losing when I'm being attacked. Again, I'm just loot farming right now, but I'm losing 3, 4 even 5 units on every attack. It's pissing me off and I'm not sure how to stop it. In the last 24 hours, i've lost TWENTY TWO units to attacks and raids.

2 Ranger
Desert Leader
Compound SAM
Fighter Jet
3 Medic
Seahawk
2 Engineer
2 Army Truck
Comm Tech
2 Hum-Vee
2 Sniper
3 Scout
Jungle Copter

Now I know these aren't big dollar items, but in the past week I've also lost Harriers, God only knows how many A10's, and about a half dozen Avengers.

I've got just under 4000 Def, Level 53. My income in 80K/hour and I'm growing my financial base so I can load up on defense units. I know I'm at that level to get set up for attacks, but I'm losing all this to enemies with 5000 attack or less. What gives?

Agent Orange
01-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Those atacking you are stronger. They will win. Most of what you are loosing are weak units based on information posted by Funzio.

You might have weak defense skill points, if so bulk them up NOW.

But your defense based on your level is too weak, my brother is L55 with 9000 defense and 60 defense skill points and his losses are lower than yours if he's attacked at all.

Jergy
01-23-2012, 09:20 AM
How much does one defense skill point amount up to? Does it add 10 defense per point or how do they work?

youj
01-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Read my strategy.

Crime City Mark
01-23-2012, 11:32 AM
How much does one defense skill point amount up to? Does it add 10 defense per point or how do they work?

We actually don't give that information out. It does provide a solid bonus though.

Dover
01-23-2012, 11:47 AM
We actually don't give that information out. It does provide a solid bonus though.

May I ask why the attack/defense point numbers are not given out? I feel as though I am blindly putting points into either without knowing how they will effect my over all numbers. For example - Right now I am buying troops for defense because I do not know how much defense 3 points will get me. If I want to hit 5000 defense I can determine how many transports to buy go get to my number. But if I wanted to save money to spend towards building upgrades and I wanted to use Defense points when I level I have no means to determine how each point spend will help me. So all points go to Energy which again is a stat I can see and understand when I spend those points. I can not speak for all but I might spread more points around A/D/E/S if I know how each one benefited my stats.

Thank you.

Agent Orange
01-23-2012, 12:23 PM
I agree it would be rather handy to know being a strategy game and all.....

When I was back around L60 I was noticing that with my 60 def skill points I was gaining as much as an extra 2000 defense on top of what was showing up. I guess the only way to figure it out is to start tracking wins/losses and see if there is a pattern.

Dover
01-24-2012, 05:25 AM

When I was back around L60 I was noticing that with my 60 def skill points I was gaining as much as an extra 2000 defense on top of what was showing up. I guess the only way to figure it out is to start tracking wins/losses and see if there is a pattern.

I never noticed if my Defensvie numbers went up when I put a point in Defense, I have only noticed them move up when I won or purchased troops. Time to go level and put a point in Def.

P4TR1C14N
01-24-2012, 06:01 AM

Agent Orange, i'm blown away by what you say (it might be i'm total noobish in this game tho....)... if a bonus of 2000 defence is possible by the defence hit points (no matter what), then it's a huge strategic decision which is a now a 'sunk cost' for every player that wasn't aware of the impact of those defence point.

So as suggested by Dover... for a strategy game it's indeed quite strange not to share how the game is build up. You can't expect from players to define a strategy on unknown data.

Something else i noticed when buying units is that the defence number doesn't increase based on the amount of defence points associated with the unit. Eg... if a humvee has 8 defence points, my global defence will not rise from eg 5000 to 5008. If someone can explain me why it adds up in a different way (read... 5000 to for example 5005 instead of 5008), i would be thankfull.

digitalwalker
01-24-2012, 06:10 AM
Agent Orange, i'm blown away by what you say (it might be i'm total noobish in this game tho....)... if a bonus of 2000 defence is possible by the defence hit points (no matter what), then it's a huge strategic decision which is a now a 'sunk cost' for every player that wasn't aware of the impact of those defence point.

So as suggested by Dover... for a strategy game it's indeed quite strange not to share how the game is build up. You can't expect from players to define a strategy on unknown data.

Something else i noticed when buying units is that the defence number doesn't increase based on the amount of defence points associated with the unit. Eg... if a humvee has 8 defence points, my global defence will not rise from eg 5000 to 5008. If someone can explain me why it adds up in a different way (read... 5000 to for example 5005 instead of 5008), i would be thankfull.

I suspect you have some unit with 3 defence has been replaced by a 8 defence humvee, makes you ended up with 5005 instead of 5008.

P4TR1C14N
01-24-2012, 06:36 AM
I suspect you have some unit with 5 defence has been replaced by a 8 defence humvee, makes you ended up with 5005 instead of 5008.

Digitalwalker, i guess you want to try to explain me is that the defence score in your profile is not the sum of all your units defence points, but only a certain selection based on certain rules?

In short, how's the defence (and attack) score in your profile calculated. Is it a multiplication and addition?
So... amout units X * def/attack value + amount units Y * def/attack value.... etc.

digitalwalker
01-24-2012, 07:39 AM
Sorry P4, in my last post, it should be 3,not 5, I have changed it.

Not really P4, its not that complicate as you thought, I agree with that it is addition rule with stats points.

However I guess you miscalculate some part which is

Suppose you have 2 allies which allows you bring 8 units, and originally you have 8 units with defence point 1, then you should have in total 8 defence stat, then you buy one unit having 4 defence point, then in total you should have:

(8-1)+4=11 defence stat, instead of
8+4=12 defence stat.

The number of unit allowed to bring in the battle is limited, so if you buy a new unit with stronger stat than your original allowed units, then the weakest one will replaced by the new one and result in subtraction on total stat points.

Sorry about my English, I hope you got my point:)

digitalwalker
01-24-2012, 07:49 AM
So basically when you buy a new unit, you should see your stat change calculated in this way:

Boost stat=new unit stat - weakest unit stat in your fight

Agent Orange
01-24-2012, 07:52 AM

i suspect as mentioned that one unit replaced another. But the easy way to determine this is to see how many units you have in your profile and compare that to the number of units you can bring into battle.

Crime City Mark did say that the skill points do have an effect though would not elaborate on the exact effect. We've been speculating on this for a while now and we have no definitive proof in terms of statistics but this could account for situations where someone with a higher attack value looses to someone with a lower defence value. Also why I see reports from people who can't figure out why they lost a fight when the attacker had a lower attack value then their defence value. My guess in this instance is that the attacker had a very high attack skill point level.

Chiefer
01-25-2012, 02:52 AM
I allocate skills, buy the strong against so and so items when possible and I attack the noobs.