PDA

View Full Version : 2 of Each Money Building Strategy

Lola Gets
01-22-2012, 06:51 AM
I am at level 40 and still (for the time being) pursuing the strategy of buying 2 of each non-gold money building. Is anyone at higher levels still pursuing this strategy, or did anyone set out to but gave up at a higher level? Based on the locked non-gold buildings in my store, I think I can easily make it to level 73 before throwing in the towel, but I just want feedback from anyone else who has tried.

I know I probably won't be able to carry this on into the higher levels, but my current goal is to at least reach level 100 with this strategy. I know a lot of the buildings in my hood are hated by forum users at higher levels, but the collection times and building footprints are not yet an issue for me.

Current Hood Description: In addition to all the buildings available through level 40, I have 2 Basketball Courts, 2 Movie Theatres, 2 Lofts and 6 defensive buildings. My income per hour is $43,671. My next expansion costs 3.6M, but I probably won't need it until I reach level 58. By then it should only take me a couple of days to save that. I try to keep my buildings leveled to an average of 4-5. I follow primarily a growth strategy when upgrading (prioritizing and saving for expensive upgrades that will add the most to my hourly income, while mixing in high ROI buildings with cheap upgrade costs).

Durantular
01-22-2012, 07:02 AM
I am at level 40 and still (for the time being) pursuing the strategy of buying 2 of each non-gold money building. Is anyone at higher levels still pursuing this strategy, or did anyone set out to but gave up at a higher level? Based on the locked non-gold buildings in my store, I think I can easily make it to level 73 before throwing in the towel, but I just want feedback from anyone else who has tried.

I know I probably won't be able to carry this on into the higher levels, but my current goal is to at least reach level 100 with this strategy. I know a lot of the buildings in my hood are hated by forum users at higher levels, but the collection times and building footprints are not yet an issue for me.

Current Hood Description: In addition to all the buildings available through level 40, I have 2 Basketball Courts, 2 Movie Theatres, 2 Lofts and 6 defensive buildings. My income per hour is $43,671. My next expansion costs 3.6M, but I probably won't need it until I reach level 58. By then it should only take me a couple of days to save that. I try to keep my buildings leveled to an average of 4-5. I follow primarily a growth strategy when upgrading (prioritizing and saving for expensive upgrades that will add the most to my hourly income, while mixing in high ROI buildings with cheap upgrade costs).

What you are doing IMO is perfect, I follow the same strategy and at lvl 108, have an hourly income of 92k. I leveled quickly, so realistically it could be done by say lvl 90.

Good luck.

Euchred
01-22-2012, 08:07 AM
I've tried this and i it will work out for you for a while But if it comes down to a 3.6 million dollar expansion or selling a 7x7 clothing store to make room. It's much more worth it to sell the clothing store. That's just an example I've also sold chinese restaraunts.

I'm level 126 and I just sold a warehouse to make room for a hotel. My next expansion costs 3.6 million too.

Max Power
01-22-2012, 08:09 AM
You will end ip selling off buildings after a while, so you need to think about footprint and ROI as you level up. I even sold my Chicken & Waffles, a gold building, because the upgrades vs the payback were horrid.

white frog
01-22-2012, 08:36 AM
I'm currently in the exact same boat you are in: level 40, building everything (almost), upgrading, stockpiling armor so I actually get to collect my income, etc. There are a couple of buildings, however, that I refuse to work with simply because of the uselessness of them: basketball courts (don't pay that much, but will attract attackers because of the respect points), arcades (very poor income, and who wants to check every hour, gas stations (same reason). I skipped the fish store and chinese restaurant to build the higher level buildings, but plan on going back. The main thing is if you have the means, build the highest level buildings first (they will obviously add more to your hourly, making it more feasible to do expansions) and then worry about the smaller ones you haven't got yet. Although, with an hourly of 43.6k I don't see why a 3.6 mil expansion is that big of a deal... you'll make that back before the expansion is complete!

white frog
01-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Here's the real test of patients... get them all to level 10 before moving on!!

Lola Gets
01-22-2012, 08:48 AM
I've tried this and i it will work out for you for a while But if it comes down to a 3.6 million dollar expansion or selling a 7x7 clothing store to make room. It's much more worth it to sell the clothing store.

Ultimately the $3.6M expansion is inevitable. By the time I will need it to make room for new buildings, it will only take a couple of days to save that much. If I am going to have to do it sometime in the future, I might as well do it when I can afford it and will also be able to fill the additional space that will add income in the short term through the middle tier levels.

You will end ip selling off buildings after a while, so you need to think about footprint and ROI as you level up.

You are probably right, Max but because my income is a lot higher than others at my level, it's not a huge deal right now. Bu pursing this strategy, I am not sacrificing good building upgrades or weapons purchases, so there are no immediate drawbacks through the next 30 or so levels. Once I get to the point that the expansions are too expensive for me, I promise to be rational and use a smarter strategy than pursuing my personal goal.

I guess I am just looking for feedback from anyone who got far with this strategy.

Lola Gets
01-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Here's the real test of patients... get them all to level 10 before moving on!!

THAT I could never do! There are buildings I hate and hate to upgrade. I'd be miserable!

Lola Gets
01-22-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm currently in the exact same boat you are in: level 40, building everything (almost), upgrading, stockpiling armor so I actually get to collect my income, etc. There are a couple of buildings, however, that I refuse to work with simply because of the uselessness of them: basketball courts (don't pay that much, but will attract attackers because of the respect points), arcades (very poor income, and who wants to check every hour, gas stations (same reason). I skipped the fish store and chinese restaurant to build the higher level buildings, but plan on going back. The main thing is if you have the means, build the highest level buildings first (they will obviously add more to your hourly, making it more feasible to do expansions) and then worry about the smaller ones you haven't got yet. Although, with an hourly of 43.6k I don't see why a 3.6 mil expansion is that big of a deal... you'll make that back before the expansion is complete!

I only have BB Courts because of the 10 free initial gold. I hate how much room they take up, but they don't bug me as much as other buildings. People target them, but can't get through my defense.

Depending on my day and whether or not I am traveling, Arcades (like LMs) can be handy for quickly saving up money when my 12/24/48 are long ways from collecion time. If I am in the office, Arcades and Sports Bars are easy to pick up from. I don't worry about imperfection collection. I just use them when their collection time fits my day.

Gas stations, chinese restaurants and fish stores are not my favorites, but it's part of the goal. And honestly I am not mad at them when their collection times come in.

I don't really worry about robberies either. With 64 money buildings, robbers at my level dont have enough stamina to really put a dent in my earnings eve if they can get through my defense.

stixx
01-22-2012, 09:41 AM
when you reach the lvl 100+ buildings, the footprints for those buildings are getting larger.
you have 2 choises then, sell of your low lvl (low income) buildings and use that space to for the highlevel buildings, or start saving for expansions.

since ive invested lots of time and money in my lowlvl buildings i went for the second choise. my last upgrade costed me 15 mln, but now i do have space to put some hotels, credit agencies and perhaps even a set of gentelmans club.

procsyzarc
01-22-2012, 11:38 AM
At higher levels it is just a waste of time upgrading low level buildings (although I did just do an ice-cream store from 9-10 which allowed me to save the 8M in the 3 days for another condo, but this was a rare and deliberate decision) spending 132 hours for example levelling a basketball court from L8 - L10 for an increase of +/- $10k per day is just a waste of upgrade time that could be better used on high value buildings or even defence if you have none to upgrade at the time.

Also at high levels even at L10 low levels buildings don’t really make much difference to your income and just waste space and get in the way

Babytway
01-22-2012, 11:42 AM
i would never sell off any of my buildings i will just expand to make room for new buildings. my next expansion is 7mil and have no problem doing it to put more buildings. i think im only going to build one more building and then focus on what i have to upgrade to lvl 10 should be finished that around xmas lol

Tramp Stamp
01-22-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm aiming for the same as Lola and do not see a problem keeping this up even well into the future. I am under no delusions that level 1 Chinese Restaurants and Clothing Stores are anything but vanity items and even advocate skipping them when other players ask for hood advice. A packed hood with lots of buildings to poke every few hours is a reward to myself.

Also, as Lola says, it's highly distracting for lower level invaders who haven't yet figured out the nuances, and even when they're successful they attack weird things like level 1 Arcades. I'm pretty sure most rival visitors don't even know what a Loft is.

If/when I need to sell there won't be much buyer's remorse since the space consuming level 1 Type B stuff is going first.

Ramshutu
01-22-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm concentrating on the big payout buildings first, and focusing on the 12/24/48 hour payouts; so I can minimise building idle time, Income per hour can be badly skewed if you go to work, or sleep. Unless you are really lucky, for example, most 8 hour buildings will be collected the same way as 12 hour buildings most of the time.

Lola Gets
01-22-2012, 03:15 PM
At higher levels it is just a waste of time upgrading low level buildings (although I did just do an ice-cream store from 9-10 which allowed me to save the 8M in the 3 days for another condo, but this was a rare and deliberate decision) spending 132 hours for example levelling a basketball court from L8 - L10 for an increase of +/- $10k per day is just a waste of upgrade time that could be better used on high value buildings or even defence if you have none to upgrade at the time.

Also at high levels even at L10 low levels buildings don’t really make much difference to your income and just waste space and get in the way

I completely agree. Right now I throw in Type A low level building upgrades between those giving me the marginal hourly income growth. For Instance, my Movie Theater will finish upgrading to level 5 in a couple hours. I will then save enough for my next Movie Theater upgrade while upgrading my House to level 6 and can start that 24 hours later.

The strategy is to build 2 of each available non-gold building, but I won't waste time upgrading the lower level Type B buildings very high.

Lola Gets
01-22-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm aiming for the same as Lola and do not see a problem keeping this up even well into the future.

Really, this is all I need to know. If Tramp Stamp has no problem with my strategy, it's sure to be WINNING!