PDA

View Full Version : Other than TapJoy.. Gold..

Durantular
01-22-2012, 12:23 AM
With the new update, which I downloaded about an hour before the gold sale, I finally got the message "Press here to earn free gold" when in the gold/money purchase menu.

I was able to press it and see a few options, one being to download and install tapjoy. I can't remember the names of the others...

With the gold sale being on, frustratingly, the countdown timer has been placed over the top of this option, so I can't see the other options. Many players didn't get to see this message due to the sale, but I just snuck in.

Just wondering, with the sale not ending for another day.. Did anyone see and remember the other ways to obtain free gold?

Already got 42 bars so far.. All help appreciated!

dudeman
01-22-2012, 12:50 AM
You got 42 free gold already?! Unless you took advntage of some of the non-free offers, I have to say, Holy fk! I've been lucky to get one or two free gold per day since the option became available. I've got 19 free in total... In something like 2-3 weeks.

Anyways, the $, $$, and $$$ offers are buy some acne treatment, a different offer for proactiv acne treatment, sign up for Disney movie club, buy & download a PC game from some company, and I think there is another one but I don't remember what it is. There was an offer for 63 gold for signing up for Netflix, but I guess it expired because I don't see it anymore and I don't have Netflix.

If there is some kind of trick to collecting 42 free gold in about 24 hours, please share! It sounds like your wait for the free gold button was worth it.

Durantular
01-22-2012, 12:59 AM
You got 42 free gold already?! Unless you took advntage of some of the non-free offers, I have to say, Holy fk! I've been lucky to get one or two free gold per day since the option became available. I've got 19 free in total... In something like 2-3 weeks.

Anyways, the $, $$, and $$$ offers are buy some acne treatment, a different offer for proactiv acne treatment, sign up for Disney movie club, buy & download a PC game from some company, and I think there is another one but I don't remember what it is. There was an offer for 63 gold for signing up for Netflix, but I guess it expired because I don't see it anymore and I don't have Netflix.

If there is some kind of trick to collecting 42 free gold in about 24 hours, please share! It sounds like your wait for the free gold button was worth it.

I guess the only trick is once you install TapJoy, install in to you home page, and view offers for earning free gold on it. It tells you to download apps and receive a gold bar etc.. Used a lot of my home internet data.. but hey, 42 gold is good :D

Max Power
01-22-2012, 05:30 AM
I would rather just spend $5.

Durantular
01-22-2012, 06:36 AM
I would rather just spend $5.

Well done on ignoring the question the thread was intended for.

Max Power
01-22-2012, 08:12 AM

Sorry to interrupt your begging for gold campaign. Carry on.

procsyzarc
01-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Seems so stupid that some people have this option and other still don't, personally I would rather spend the $6 than muck around trying to get 50 free gold but just wish I had the option so I could get 1 free gold to at least make it so I am on an even and useable amount rather than 479 where i can never use the last 9

Joeycool
01-22-2012, 11:55 AM
yep... its not very fair that some have the advantage of free goals and others dont.

Synergy
01-22-2012, 01:41 PM

lol everyone isn't always going to reply exactly how you would like them to. People are going to say what they want. Max I'm with you man.

sez
01-22-2012, 03:05 PM
yep... its not very fair that some have the advantage of free goals and others dont.

It's not worth it JC, you'll most likey download. Virus and also get Internet pop-ups constantly. Some goofy crap on the free gold list.

Ffej
01-22-2012, 03:07 PM
On the IPad with the HD version I think the free gold button may be available now, but I can't tell because it looks like the gold sale banner is blocking it as the OP mentions. The screen does look different now. Durantular - what device are you playing on?

I still have the old explosive prices however, so that part hasn't changed.

It is very strange how different people have different versions of the game. Kinda sloppy the way Funzio rolls this stuff out....

Durantular
01-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Well Max, since you seem to want to troll me, this thread isn't about people giving in and spending the cash. I'm using spare time getting these apps for cash and it doesn't bother me. So again, well done. Spend your hard earned by having no self resistance. I'm a good saver and when theres an option for free stuff, I'll take the time to get it rather than pay.

procsyzarc
01-22-2012, 04:22 PM
On the IPad with the HD version I think the free gold button may be available now, but I can't tell because it looks like the gold sale banner is blocking it as the OP mentions. The screen does look different now. Durantular - what device are you playing on?

I still have the old explosive prices however, so that part hasn't changed.

It is very strange how different people have different versions of the game. Kinda sloppy the way Funzio rolls this stuff out....

Don't think version matters really just seems random, my hd ipad still doesn't have it but now has new explsive prices (worst of both worlds) and my ipod doesn't have free gold either

Durantular
01-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Don't think version matters really just seems random, my hd ipad still doesn't have it but now has new explsive prices (worst of both worlds) and my ipod doesn't have free gold either

Im sure we all have it - the countdown timer is in the way of the button though.

dudeman
01-23-2012, 03:15 AM
The sale timer finally disappeared and now I see what you were talking about.

I was lucky if once a day I got the offer to get 1 free gold by visiting the Tapjoy site or viewing a video ad, but I also didn't create an account or download anything. Now that I've made a Tapjoy account, there are all kinds of offers.

My gold total jumped from 21 to 60 in about 40 minutes, without a penny spent or a minute wasted.

Incase anyone is still wondering about the free gold, visit the Tapjoy website with the same mobile device you use for CC and create an account. I don't know if that will do anything, since my free gold button randomly appeared one day, but it's better than doing nothing. When I am logged in at Tapjoy I see a list of games/apps that I can earn free credits for. Both CC and CCHD are on that list, and CC isn't even installed on my device right now (only CCHD).

Amber_
01-23-2012, 03:40 AM
This sucks.. is this only for CC HD? I don't have this on my account..

Ghost818
01-23-2012, 03:44 AM
Too bad CCHD is only on the iPad I hate when they give certain playing methods advantages over others, but business is business.

Durantular
01-23-2012, 04:42 AM
The sale timer finally disappeared and now I see what you were talking about.

I was lucky if once a day I got the offer to get 1 free gold by visiting the Tapjoy site or viewing a video ad, but I also didn't create an account or download anything. Now that I've made a Tapjoy account, there are all kinds of offers.

My gold total jumped from 21 to 60 in about 40 minutes, without a penny spent or a minute wasted.

Incase anyone is still wondering about the free gold, visit the Tapjoy website with the same mobile device you use for CC and create an account. I don't know if that will do anything, since my free gold button randomly appeared one day, but it's better than doing nothing. When I am logged in at Tapjoy I see a list of games/apps that I can earn free credits for. Both CC and CCHD are on that list, and CC isn't even installed on my device right now (only CCHD).

haha, about time the timer went.

But what dudeman is saying is correct - everyone should see this button in the gold purchase menu. If not, just open safari and visit www.tapjoy.com. Save a link to it to your homepage, and you'll get 1 gold free for that.

I'm using an iPhone 4 and hence not on CCHD, so if you're not getting it, I'd suggest contacting support. I figure that if I have it on normal CC, then everyone should have.

67 gold now, yewwww

Swifty
01-23-2012, 08:21 AM
I installed Tapjoy.

Working as intended so far.