PDA

View Full Version : CC name- how did you choose yours?

whocareswhatmynameis
01-21-2012, 05:40 AM
4 months ago, Netflix, the popular video streaming and DVD rental company, made a decision to split its services into two- movie streaming and DVD. The streaming service was to remain under the original company (Netflix) while the DVD rental service was to be spun off into a new company called... QWIKSTER. For customers like me, this was a huge disappointment- the integration between video streaming and DVD would no longer be available. To make matters worse, Netfix had hiked its subscription fee a couple of weeks before (second increase within a year), so this was one misstep too many. Eventually, due to the tremendous amount of push-back from customers, the company backtracked and scrapped the idea of QWIKSTER. It was in the midst of this controversy that I named my CC character "qwikster" to parody Netflix.

I'm interested to read how forum members chose their CC names.

edit:

just found this SNL parody... (http://www.hulu.com/watch/284938/saturday-night-live-netflix-apology)it's hilarious!

sez
01-21-2012, 06:02 AM
My nickname I've had forever, Sez is the first part of my last name.

BBz
01-21-2012, 09:43 AM
I basically described what I'm packing......

Max Power
01-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Max Mayhem is what it is.

Sheik Yerbouti is a Frank Zappa album name.

If I ever start a 3rd game it will be someting like Abdullah Your Moola.

Swifty
01-21-2012, 09:48 AM
Many years ago I was DM for a AD&D 2nd edition game.

Swifty was a player character in that campaign.

For some strange reason, I thought of that player and his character when I joined this game.

BBz
01-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Max Mayhem is what it is.

Sheik Yerbouti is a Frank Zappa album name.

If I ever start a 3rd game it will be someting like Abdullah Your Moola.

I dont know what that is.....?...."

BBz
01-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Many years ago I was DM for a AD&D 2nd edition game.

Swifty was a player character in that campaign.

For some strange reason, I thought of that player and his character when I joined this game.

I once had the nickname swift hands given too me..... I get called once in a blue moon still this very day......

duder
01-21-2012, 10:36 AM
I had no intention of playing this game for any period of time (it was one of those things where I was playing another game and if you downloaded certain games you could get a reward)

I finally opened the game one day, and felt the apathy and laziness I ascribed with my expected involvement in the game should be reflected by my avatar's name. Hence, duder (couldn't even be bothered to capitalize).

whocareswhatmynameis
01-21-2012, 03:05 PM
I had no intention of playing this game for any period of time (it was one of those things where I was playing another game and if you downloaded certain games you could get a reward)

I finally opened the game one day, and felt the apathy and laziness I ascribed with my expected involvement in the game should be reflected by my avatar's name. Hence, duder (couldn't even be bothered to capitalize).

the same thing happened to me when i first signed up for the forum. i didn't know when i started that i would end up being an active participant and a "senior member" :). i don't remember what my first post was, but i think i wanted to ask a question about the game, but i couldn't unless i registered. i was a little annoyed when i was asked what user name i would like to use. i entered "whocareswhatmynameis" and it stuck!

Tramp Stamp
01-21-2012, 03:08 PM
I thought whocareswhatmynameis went in hand with qwikster to form the joke.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-21-2012, 03:09 PM
I thought whocareswhatmynameis went in hand with qwikster to form the joke.

LOL... what do you know? i never connected the two names. great observation!

J.J.
01-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Just my initials, nuthin special.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-22-2012, 06:30 AM
Just my initials, nuthin special.

any relation to JJ Abrams :)... love his TV shows/movies

Awesome Steve-0
01-22-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm Steve-0, and I'm pretty awesome!

OG Kush
01-22-2012, 07:50 PM