PDA

View Full Version : understanding mechanics in increasing stats

theONE
01-21-2012, 02:12 AM
i want to understand in laymans terms of how to increase attack and defense. Yes i know it sounds basic and simple especially characters who have nothing but gold bought items.

how on earth can I not increase my stats (even though i'm a noob) I hve started to farm good weapons example M4 A1 and bought good respect point stuff example night vision goggles and the yamaha race bike. .I can't get to high stats like other people, they have nothing that explains why they are so high in attack and defense

sometimes you'll have those with over one hundred brass knuckles and over 100 -200 military goggles but i don't understand how that should increase stats that drastically.

I am finally buying alot of crap and farming etc i have 4122 attack and 7161 defence level 65

yes i know you need my full weapons list to understand whats what, but why am i increasing my stats so slow??

also if each person can use one weapon, therefore is it more realistic to have more tommy guns then sawn off shotties? is there any point in getting chain whip if it'll take forever just to get to 50 and i need 500??

also since I never aimed for 500 weapons at the beginning, is it pointless to buy alot of weak items like aim for over 100-200-300 brass knuckles since the game will look at my high stat items first i.e M4 A1? meaning buying alot of brass knuckles now the game won't increase my stats anymore?

vitus79
01-21-2012, 02:53 AM
yes, by the time an item doesnt increase stats anymore its not replacing the weak item u used be4.. then u need to get the stronger.most loot drops u will earn from fights have better stats than brass knuckles or combat boots, so the time u can use em is limited. do alot pvp and put ur respect into the mid and high priced items, those fight goals will help alot actually

theONE
01-21-2012, 04:25 AM
if thats the case won't it be too late to catch to these more powerful players who bought the weak items first?

i mean by the time i get powerful items (i mean chainwhip is 750 respect points for godsake) that'll take forever and the strong player ALREADY has the head start by the time i get one chain whip they've already used there status to win more fights and get stronger weapons faster

hmm

Max Power
01-21-2012, 05:02 AM
if thats the case won't it be too late to catch to these more powerful players who bought the weak items first?

i mean by the time i get powerful items (i mean chainwhip is 750 respect points for godsake) that'll take forever and the strong player ALREADY has the head start by the time i get one chain whip they've already used there status to win more fights and get stronger weapons faster

hmm

If you have decent stamina, getting 2 chainwhips a day through fight goals is child's play.

Look at the people who have better stats than you, What do you see? Lotsa fights, fewer robs. You get strong in this game by fighting.

Get to fighting. Your stats will come around.

theONE
01-29-2012, 06:17 AM
ok thanks for the help

oh and btw whats your opinion, body armor or night vision? is it realistic to get alot of body armor?

Euchred
01-29-2012, 06:25 AM
Night vision binoculars are the smarter choice. You get way more value per respect point buying these.

If you want to see your stats ascend quickly get at least 200 yamahas and 300 Night vison binoculars.

TenderPlacebo
01-29-2012, 06:27 AM
I would go with night vision you can get almost 3 pairs to 1 body armor. So as far as outfitting your mafia NOW you get 3x16 atck. And 3x 16 that's 48 on both ends compared too 17 & 27 for one member. Unless you have an overabundance of RP to spend on body armor I would work on getting NVB,best bang for your buck.

Joeycool
01-29-2012, 07:30 AM
If you have decent stamina, getting 2 chainwhips a day through fight goals is child's play.

Look at the people who have better stats than you, What do you see? Lotsa fights, fewer robs. You get strong in this game by fighting.

Get to fighting. Your stats will come around.

Max is absolutely spot on here. Fighting is key. Even more so now that there are the thuglife goals. etc.

What has not even been mentioned here is the loot drops that you get from fighting. At your level these weapons are invaluable and will give you a massive defence and attack boost. Some of the drops are unbeatable really... for example the armoured police truck has 19 def. I have 152 of them... and at level 148 they are still my best defence vehicle really. and they were free!

You also get great stuff like the police body armour 14 def, nail bats are great at your level, steyr aug etc are good too. I think you get on average 1 drop per 11 fights.

To get equivalent weapons with in game cash is super expensive.

with regards to respect point allocation. I would say initially go with the mid range items... goggles and yamahas. Then when you have about a 2/3 of your mafia equipped with these go for high level chain whip, full combat body, and exceleros.

Joemax
01-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Do loot drops during PVP get better at higher levels?

If I am level 105, am I already seeing the best loot drops?

If so, I'll just finish all the thug life goals and cash in.

If not, I'll wait til I'm at a higher level where the odds of the best items have improved.

Thanks!

dudeman
01-29-2012, 11:53 AM

If not, I'll wait til I'm at a higher level where the odds of the best items have improved.

Thanks!

Don't quote me on this, but as far as I can tell the PvP loot items are pretty well the same regardless of level. Some have a higher drop rate than others, and in my experience level is not a factor in PvP loot drop rates. All you can do is keep fighting with your fingers crossed.

Personally I want to finish the Thug Life goals as quickly as possible. It doesn't make sense, IMO, to wait for later when I could use the RP now... I'll only need it even worse later if I don't earn it now.

Increasing stats by fighting is easier to do if you start out winning more fights than you lose. Waiting to get RP from the goals or not stocking up on the cheap weapons at the start of the game are two things that probably don't help very much. If you want good stats later, you need good stats now. If you don't have good stats now, it will be harder to get them later.

It can be a bit of a catch 22.

Joeycool
01-29-2012, 11:54 AM
I have seen no change in loot drops to be honest.

There are a few good ones that I regularly get. The police armour and the police truck.

Very occasionally get a skull shotgun, m72 launcher, lowrider etc. But i would say they are no more common now than when I was under level 50.

Loot drops seem to be completely random.

Joeycool
01-29-2012, 11:56 AM
@ dudeman, Completely agree with you on this one.

Chris Hill
01-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Don't be too concerned about people being stronger than you - be more concerned about finding people who are weaker than you. If you have your buildings more-or-less synchronised and use your bank, the effects of people attacking or robbing you is very minimal. Just need to make sure you can find people to rob or fight to get your RP and $$$$.

Right now, I have 154 mafia and Attack of 5762. The items my 154th guy uses are Steyr AUG (7/5), Street Knife (3/3), Yuppie Driving Gloves (3/12) and Junker (1/1). Anyone with Defence of 6,500 or less is ripe for the robbing and Defence of 4,800 or less is good to fight.

Now I just wish I knew if I have wasted my Skill Points on Att 36/Def 18.

blondealex
01-29-2012, 10:10 PM
How would those skill points be a waste? I actually have far more than that. Remember there is a multiplier of .1 per level on skill points, so at level 100 that will be 360/180.

Chris Hill
01-29-2012, 10:20 PM
I've been digging through the old threads, but couldn't find an exact answer on what the numbers do. Not a waste, but I think I would have gotten more value from a higher stamina level ATM.

bredo2
01-30-2012, 01:33 AM
Yeah hard to say exactly how powerful the skill points are. At lvl 148 i have 243 pts in attack though. And i never lose against anyone within 5-8k above me in defense vs my attack score. So that must mean that my 243 attack skill pts at lvl 148 atleast gives a boost of 5-10k on attack score.

Caleb
01-30-2012, 12:35 PM

Thanks!

Could be totally wrong as others have said they think there is no change in the PvP loot drops, but my impression is that they do get better, probably based on level but maybe it is based on the number of fights or something else. I believe I was getting the Green Beret as one of the early loot drops, but I never see that any more. It took a while before I started getting Butterfly Knives, Nail Bats, and Wrestler Masks, which is what I still mainly see at level 63. I've gotten 9 Armored Police Trucks and 2 Pimp's Lowriders, which I think started showing up in the 50's. I believe the Lowriders, Skull Shotgun and M72 Launchers are in the higher PvP loot tier, so they probably remain rare. (I haven't gotten a shotgun or launcher yet.) I'm guessing the Police Armor and Police Trucks will start dropping at a higher rate at some point.

My thinking is that you want to be attacking as you go through all the levels. For me, the loot has always seemed good for the level I'm at - meaning I think it always adds to my stats. Plus, completing PvP goals gets you Respect, which lets you build up on nice items like the Night Vision Binoculars.