PDA

View Full Version : The old is gone...new is here to stay

Surferjames23
01-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Hey as feel as though the old MW will not be coming back and the current version will be here for good...IMO. Soooooo...instead of 500 threads about how we want the old back. How about a thread of the adjustments we have made to address the new version of MW?
I was attacking once a day to check on the causality rate.. With my last attack just 5 minutes ago I "won" the fight.. I received $4 gained 1 valor.... And LOST 4 units... Sniper, humvee, jungle sniper, and chinook! Opponent lost NOTHING!

So now I am beginning to alter my units and strategy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EnjoyLife
01-21-2012, 02:12 AM
No adjustments made here, except when the defensive buildings dropped to 0 defense a couple of days ago for a few hours. I wasn't sure if that was an intended change or a fluke. I'm glad it was a fluke.

youj
01-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Defenders are suppose to have a lower casualty rate than attackers. This is to protect defenders from being bullied and completely destroyed (money and army wise) by another player.

JMC
01-21-2012, 10:07 AM
This system is not here to stay unless the developers have been constantly lying to us in forum posts and in emails.

For that reason i havent changed my strategy at all. I just havent been attacking anyone for the last week. Probably set back by like 7 levels and 5000 attack/defense score :/

There is no strategy that i can use that will work. If this casualty rate is permanent id rather quit.

ObamaSux
01-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Defenders are suppose to have a lower casualty rate than attackers. This is to protect defenders from being bullied and completely destroyed (money and army wise) by another player.

Funny you mention this... I routinely lose 3+ units during attacks and raids on ME. Since attacking and raiding is more costly than it's worth, I've given up on that completely, but I still lose when people come after me. I'd say 75% of the time I lose items in attacks. When I do, it's always multiple units.

While I slept last night I was attacked, lost $119,000, a Humvee, Engineer, Flamethrower, and Aircraft Carrier. Six hours before that, $2,000, an Engineer, Drone, and a Supply truck. A couple hours before that, a Ranger, A10 Warthog and Strike Eagle.

Trying hard not to curse....

EnjoyLife
01-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Funny you mention this... I routinely lose 3+ units during attacks and raids on ME. Since attacking and raiding is more costly than it's worth, I've given up on that completely, but I still lose when people come after me. I'd say 75% of the time I lose items in attacks. When I do, it's always multiple units.

While I slept last night I was attacked, lost $119,000, a Humvee, Engineer, Flamethrower, and Aircraft Carrier. Six hours before that, $2,000, an Engineer, Drone, and a Supply truck. A couple hours before that, a Ranger, A10 Warthog and Strike Eagle.

What is the casualty rate on an aircraft carrier?

youj
01-21-2012, 11:26 AM

Read my strategy, don't buy expensive units.

Agent Orange
01-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Read my strategy, don't buy expensive units.

The game sure seems to have a hankering for expensive units all of a sudden both on attack and defence.

I have a few low value units that are showing up in my list of units used in attacks but those aren't the one's that are getting killed off. It's more expensive units so my observation is that things haven't really changed though I notice some overnight losses were slightly higher than they were before.

In terms of strategy I am taking a defensive stand by adding a lot of Sea Scouts (play as UK) and Anti Aircraft vehicles though these things get killed off first on attacks. I wish I could see what my attackers losses are as I'm concentrating on knocking out their high value valor units which are the Super Hornets and Stealth Frigates with those aforementioned units.

I would agree that the game has to have been rigged so that weak players don't get totally destroyed by bullies which does make sense.

CJ54
01-21-2012, 01:17 PM
No adjustments made here, except when the defensive buildings dropped to 0 defense a couple of days ago for a few hours. I wasn't sure if that was an intended change or a fluke. I'm glad it was a fluke.

I think our reaction was roughly equal to the average player reaction, and that got nipped in the bud quick.

As Mark said yesterday over in the tech forums: "We have a number of people addressing this from a number of different angles. I'd expect us to have something concrete early next week." It's not a quick thing like the defense building issue, and we need to proceed carefully on this one. In the meantime we're listening, and info as in this thread helps.

MeerkatSqueak
01-23-2012, 03:08 AM

Hi!
My email address is n.sheeran007@btinternet.com Please contact me by this email
I am MeerkatSqueak I am on level 36 When most rivals attack me I win,
The most important figuares in Modern War, I believe, and found to be true are
The alliace Attack and alliance Defense. You must watch these figuares like a hawk
You might know this but I wil continue anyway.
If you win or lose in a battle you have to look and see if you have lose a units. if you have you must replace this unit
straight away. because as you know each unit carry attack point and defense points. This is reflecked in the assets section of your stats. So as I have said, you have to watch the attack and defense in the assets. Because, they will go down, according to the point the the unit carrys. Once replaced, you will see the attack and defense go back to the level they were. if this action is not taken your attack and defense wil go down, and down. So the unit as to be replace or another one or two to make up the value. and then hopefully you can increase the attack and defense to above their original level.
I use a pencil and rubber. As the points change I rubber out the original figuares or even put the new figures along side the old and put in the new figures regardless if it has when up or down. Then you can see what is need to keep the same level or increase the levels of the attack or defense.
if someone attack you even if you win, there will still be points take off your attack and defense in the assets section of your stats. So immediately you must go and buy the unit that has been lose in battle if any, otherwise, you buy the equivalent unit to satisfy your attack and defense. Now if this rival is sensable he will look at your profile and see that you look strong and him, this is not necessarely so, as he and you have the alliance behind every attack.
So you see that these figuares are very, important. And I believe that they are the most important figures in Modern War. Because, if you disregard these figuares and just let them rise and fall of the own accord, you will be in serious trouble.
I have nursed these figures from the beginning, when I realized the important of them. and they have held me in good stead. I do not attack anybody. I only attack if some one is persistant and then I retaliate, but, this is very rare.

I was a Radio Operator in the British Armed Force, so I know a great deal of tactics which are very useful especially for this game. As you have gathered I am an adult in my sixty and i help and advice my alliance which is 2,300 + increasing by the hour.
Now I am sorry if I have gone on a bit and to be honest I do not know you at all. Also, I do not know what level you are at, and how experienced you are. So forgive me I am not trying to be clever I just tried to explain how I have analysis the game, which is what we use to do in the army to ensure that our troops got through enemy line safely
After writing the above, I notice your profile at the top. I see you are on level 90. so you must have a all of experience.

My base is called Norman's base My ID is 139 764 471
If anything I hope this helps you.
If wish to contact me I have left my email address at the top of this Post
I have found lost of tips and tricks if you are interested. But I don't believe in given away secret to easierly

Yours Norman aka (MeerkatSqueak)

chuck norris
01-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Norman,

If you please, what are your numbers? The all-important ones? What's your strength?