PDA

View Full Version : Attack and Defense Strategy Question

vball
01-20-2012, 10:55 PM
I have a question perhaps someone can answer. Since the game takes into account each indidual units strength and weakness, could I work it like this:

1. All my units are currently 9 defense or higher that can go into battle based upon my ally size.
2. A commando with a high loss ratio could and would be put at risk since they would be used for both offense and defense.
3. If I bought bio warfare troops 17a/8d, one would assume they would not into battle if attacked.

Therefore as my theory postulates, they would be only put at risk if I attack. Since they are a high dollar unit, with a high casualty rate one could assume the risk of loss to be higher, but overall reduced since they would not be used on defense.

So for those of you who have much higher levels than I (level 28 here), would it be a wise move to buy units with either high defense or offense but not both unless they are a low casualty item?

Now the proviso to this is that recently I have lost low casualty units when attacking and even one of my Hornets.

Thoughts?

JMC
01-21-2012, 12:43 AM
The offense and defense stat is not what determines whether a unit is brought into battle or not. It is the total stat of the unit that counts. No unit is immune or at lower risk because you are attacking or defending.

EnjoyLife
01-21-2012, 02:15 AM
The offense and defense stat is not what determines whether a unit is brought into battle or not. It is the total stat of the unit that counts. No unit is immune or at lower risk because you are attacking or defending.

I have never lost a unit when attacking that I was not attacking with. If you are correct, then I've been incredibly lucky.

EnjoyLife
01-21-2012, 02:20 AM
I have a question perhaps someone can answer. Since the game takes into account each indidual units strength and weakness, could I work it like this:

1. All my units are currently 9 defense or higher that can go into battle based upon my ally size.
2. A commando with a high loss ratio could and would be put at risk since they would be used for both offense and defense.
3. If I bought bio warfare troops 17a/8d, one would assume they would not into battle if attacked.

Therefore as my theory postulates, they would be only put at risk if I attack. Since they are a high dollar unit, with a high casualty rate one could assume the risk of loss to be higher, but overall reduced since they would not be used on defense.

So for those of you who have much higher levels than I (level 28 here), would it be a wise move to buy units with either high defense or offense but not both unless they are a low casualty item?

Now the proviso to this is that recently I have lost low casualty units when attacking and even one of my Hornets.

Thoughts?

2. I agree that if you are taking them into battle and they are chosen when defending against attack, that they would be at risk in both defending and attacking.

3. Based on statement #1, I agree that they would not be at risk when you are attacked, as they would not be in play.

I agree with your assessments.

vball
01-21-2012, 08:13 AM
I attacked twice and looked at the units used. it picked the strongest attacking units and worked with them. The difference was on one it used some units with the same strength and the other it used some different ones but again with the same strength.

The next question is if you use high loss units such as Bio Warfare Troops with a high attack, does the way the system calculates their loss higher than say a flamethrower if in the same battle. Or does that depend on how many units you have of each type?