PDA

View Full Version : Decorations question

Speed ump
01-20-2012, 03:36 PM
For a long time now I thought I was the only one who had done the buy decorations to intimidate your oponents goal. Did it because I was bored at the time, and since recent changes, I don't have many goals left to achieve valour points. After another players comments I had him and others to look at my base to see if they saw the trees,etc. no one could see them. How can I intimidate anyone if they can't see them;-)) not a huge deal, but a bit of false advertising for sure. CJ can you chime in here?

Hen
01-20-2012, 03:39 PM
I was wondering if people could see the decorations. Thanks for clarifying.

hen

Wildfire
01-20-2012, 04:21 PM
I was going to say yes because I've seen the walled in tree in the middle of a friends base, but I've just realised it appears in the pic they sent me asking me not to attack them before I added them as an allie but when I look at the same bit of their base in game it's a big empty square, can't wait to let them know it's a waste of time! That mean's my morse code name's a waste of time too!

I suppose it makes sense though, from being an admin on a Call Of Duty Black Ops server on a PC where you can customise your in game logo I know people can be very "creative" with very basic building elements!

CJ54
01-20-2012, 04:37 PM
I've been hearing scattered reports of this, but I need additional info to hand to the team. Here's what I need:

-Screenshots of what you are seeing at your Base (with the purchased stuff), screenshots of what the other person is seeing at your Base (presumably without the stuff).

-Invite codes for both players, and the device types and generation for both players.

I would be very grateful if anyone who's seeing this (or not seeing it, as is the case) would send me screenshots plus that info (ally codes, device info) to modernwar-ios-support@funzio.com. It would help us sort out if there is some kind of display error that some players are experiencing.

zynshmily
01-20-2012, 05:16 PM
stephan, this is Zhang
I've been to your base several times looking for the intimidating decorations you were referring to.

Did Not See Anything.

Wildfire
01-20-2012, 05:53 PM
What device's are you guys using, I've just sent CJ54 a few pictures not showing barrels and walls both ways between a 2nd generation Ipod touch and an iPAD2.

Maybe this creative use of barrels will only be seen in this forum

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?17387-Admittedly-pointless-but-I-love-it-)

Speed ump
01-20-2012, 06:49 PM
I use an ipad2. Someone will have to tell me how to take a screenshot, I dont even do that on the computer

Wildfire
01-20-2012, 07:57 PM
I use an ipad2. Someone will have to tell me how to take a screenshot, I dont even do that on the computer
Hold down the power button on your iPad 2.
Hit the HOME button while you are still holding down the power button. You should see a white flash on the screen and hear the click of the screen capture.
Go to “photos” and check your “camera roll”. You should see the image there

General Principle
01-20-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm playing on a first gen iPad, and I've never seen any other decorations. I recently deleted and redownloaded. Several of the infantry paper dolls changed, but still no visibility of decorations for either rivals or allies.

Seems to crash a lot more frequently though, FWIW.

JMC
01-21-2012, 12:39 AM
I thought this was a known issue. Guess not, its been like this for as long as i know. Decorations appear in your base when you look at them yourself and when rivals see your base. The only problem is that allies cannot see eachothers decorations. I dont assume youre trying to intimidate your allies, so your decorations havent gone to waste as all rivals can see them.

MrDenny
01-21-2012, 05:19 AM
I buy them when I have a bunch of money just to achieve valour points and goals then sell them back for half the $$$

vball
01-21-2012, 08:16 AM
That is somewhat disappointing as I felt that a few cactus lying around would discourage an attack. That coupled with harsh language was my main defense.

Well back to the drawing board.

Seriously though, good idea MrDenny.

youj
01-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Don't sell the decorations yet, Funzio is going to fix it.

JMC
01-21-2012, 10:05 AM
I guess you guys completely ignored my post.

Again, all rivals can see your decorations. The only problem is that allies cannot...

General Principle
01-21-2012, 10:43 AM
I guess you guys completely ignored my post.

Again, all rivals can see your decorations. The only problem is that allies cannot...

No, that's not the only problem. There are some of us who don't even see rivals' decorations. Never have.

JMC
01-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Well actually now that i looked. Some rivals decorations dont show up. In some peoples bases i can see cans though.

Speed ump
01-21-2012, 03:59 PM
No, my rivals say they can't see them, so they cannot tremble at the sight.

General Principle
01-21-2012, 06:25 PM
I wondered why I was getting piss pounded by these guys 10 levels or more above me. They obviously can't see my terrifying collection of barrels and sandbags. It's really not fair to them, when you think about it.

Speed ump
01-21-2012, 07:45 PM
A beautiful looking base is so much more interesting to raid, I feel so deprived. Or is that depraved.