PDA

View Full Version : Real life Occupation?

Synergy
01-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Soooo, what do you do to bring in those benjamins?? Also maybe add where you're from if ya want.

Babytway
01-20-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm a Hustla baby, just want you to know

Max Power
01-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Soooo, what do you do to bring in those benjamins?? Also maybe add where you're from if ya want.

You first.

sez
01-20-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm a Domain Administrator for a fortune 500 company.

Babytway
01-20-2012, 12:48 PM
i like it when they call you to meetings Sez

sez
01-20-2012, 12:50 PM
i like it when they call you to meetings Sez

lol i know ;-)

Anubis
01-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Im a senior carer for elderly with dementia, but lost my job 2 weeks ago for punching another member of staff, he spent the morning winding me up in such a bad way I just gave up and punched him. I dealt with it the wrong way and got my letter of dismissal for gross misconduct.

-Probably why I been drinking a lot recently lol

My manager said she would still give me a reference because I do a great job but after an incident like that she obviously couldn't keep me on. So occupation right now = unemployed (but have a few jod interviews lined up so only tempory and there are lots of jobs always available in Health and Social care, many ppl don't like dealing with defication >.>)

vitus79
01-20-2012, 01:01 PM
i work in 3 shifts, so sync times are f***ed up every week lol, damn sleep is overrated isnt it?

Synergy
01-20-2012, 01:03 PM
You first.

Hmmm....well Im with baby on this one, till I die. Always got a hustle on the low, but at the moment I counsel at risk youth at a diversion center around 28-30 hrs a week. Kids who are in a program and live there. Basically an alternative to YDC or bootcamp. I dont do it for the money, because it doest pay that well. Gives me some sadisfaction though. Yup you read it right lol. So baby what's your hustle? You can pm me if ya want :)

Babytway
01-20-2012, 01:09 PM
i work in 3 shifts, so sync times are f***ed up every week lol, damn sleep is overrated isnt it?

i never sleep so sync is no problem for me. lol

Babytway
01-20-2012, 01:11 PM
if you want to know my hustle you have to dig way back in "High times" best of BC edition

Babytway
01-20-2012, 01:12 PM
if you want to know my hustle you have to dig way back in "High times" best of BC edition

i never sleep cause i got timers goin off all the damn time

Reichertc2011
01-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Corecctional officer for state prison

Babytway
01-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Vancouver Canada baby, and im licensed, and LMAO correctional officer cant do crap

Anubis
01-20-2012, 01:20 PM
i never sleep so sync is no problem for me. lol

I used to be a hustler, and had a fair few scams making me a good amount of money. Once I hit 25 My son was born so I decided to get a proper job. I broke up with his mum because she was using heroin although shes clean now and doing well, and was a single dad for his first year of life (he was 10 1/2 weeks prem so it wasnt easy). Once his mother proved she was capable of looking after him I gave her full care so I could move on with my life (whilst keeping weekly contact going). So theres the truth behind the nubis. I also get alot of job satisfaction from caring for ppl. Each day is different and it can be funny when the old ladies with dememntia start fighting with their zimmer frames.

It never seaces to amaze me the language these 90 year old+ ppl come out with.

Babytway
01-20-2012, 01:22 PM
i'm a licensed clock checker that's my career

Anubis
01-20-2012, 01:29 PM
i'm a licensed clock checker that's my career

I don't believe you.,...

Reichertc2011
01-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Vancouver Canada baby, and im licensed, and LMAO correctional officer cant do crap
Can't do crap?! Lol watz u mean, lazy? Well I am lazy, that's true ;P

whocareswhatmynameis
01-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Corecctional officer for state prison

Does MSNBC's Lockup depict your typical day?

Amber_
01-20-2012, 01:43 PM
I used to work as a graphic designer and photographer for a magazine until I started school, I still do during the summer and when I have time. I also do some work as a bikini/underwear model on the side, nothing major. I'm currently studying social work.

Anubis
01-20-2012, 01:43 PM
mistake double post

emcee
01-20-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm guessing Tramp Stamp is a math teacher or professor of economics :)

Dillinja
01-20-2012, 01:58 PM
International Sales is my bag, love my job it pays well and I speak and meet people from all parts of the globe :)
Anubis, total respect to you geeze. It's not easy caring for the elderly especially those with dementia and people like you are the unsung heroes of the NHS. I hope you find a job soon fella

emcee
01-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Better question is if there are any real criminals playing CC? Like biker gang member, armed robbers, hitmen..... :(

Anubis
01-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Anubis, total respect to you geeze. It's not easy caring for the elderly especially those with dementia and people like you are the unsung heroes of the NHS. I hope you find a job soon fella

Thx mate. One question - your not the real Dillinja right?

BBz
01-20-2012, 02:14 PM
I fix aircraft. Structural engineer...

Bet you never saw that one comming.....

Doc Rumpies
01-20-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm an attorney, and I also own a gun store.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Thx mate. One question - your not the real Dillinja right?

speaking of Dillinger, a few months back i got a chance to see his famous getaway car at BWI airport (where it is on display).

schnuffler
01-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Software integration consultant here

Also ...
I also do some work as a bikini/underwear model on the side

...swoon.

Dillinja
01-20-2012, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=Anubis;98736]Thx mate. One question - your not the real Dillinja right?[/QUOTE
Haha, original raver from the 90's! Twist 'em out...

Twinkie
01-20-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm a Domain Administrator for a fortune 500 company.

Fancy name for an IT nerd? :p

I'm an accounts executive for a financial firm. Been full time here about a year. I used to do waitressing on the side when I was in school, but not anymore.

Anubis
01-20-2012, 02:55 PM
When I think Dillinja I always think this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paWGJK6aufk

Also a raver from late 90's early century. Not to keen on the new DnB so moved to dubstep. Like Rock, classical, metal, pop aswell. Multi-taster.

<3 Bassman, Trigga, Spyda, and Palma - but being from london I guess you were more of a skibba & shabba fan!

Crime City Mark
01-20-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm a developer for Funzio in sunny California.

Babytway
01-20-2012, 03:05 PM
lol get outta here really, i thought you were an underboss of the Funzio Crime Family. i swore your last name was Ricci

Anubis
01-20-2012, 03:05 PM
I thought you were Payam :P

J.J.
01-20-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm a stripper Lolz

Nah, for real I'm in my last semester of school studying to be a medical imaging tech. I work part time renting cars at the Ft. Lauderdale airport for now.

Reichertc2011
01-20-2012, 03:16 PM
I used to work as a graphic designer and photographer for a magazine until I started school, I still do during the summer and when I have time. I also do some work as a bikini/underwear model on the side, nothing major. I'm currently studying social work.
Nice side job... :)

Does MSNBC's Lockup depict your typical day?
Lol watching that is like the comedy channel.. Cuz thy always show the worst of the worst. Not always like that.

Dillinja
01-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Nope more of a stevie hyper D and GQ fan. Dubstep is a natural progression but still miss the raves from the 90's....Proper E's!

Ram
01-20-2012, 03:28 PM
we have some ****ed up people over here!

Ohaithere
01-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Going into my third year of uni studying economics... I see a few people here know a lot about stats so I wonder what they do. Anubis I have a huge amount of respect for carers, I am currently taking a year out of uni because in the summer I was on a month bike ride, fell off my bike, broke my spine and was in hospital for 3 months paralysed, so now I am out I have time to kill until September when I go backto uni. Gf legs, they were overrated anyway, sport was huge part of my life and still is. New goal is iron man

Anubis
01-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Nope more of a stevie hyper D and GQ fan. Dubstep is a natural progression but still miss the raves from the 90's....Proper E's!

Mitz turbo's lol. I miss my youth.

In a qualification sence: I went to a grammer school, got 10 A-C's in GCSE's, 3 A-levels, a part finished HND in computing and a level 3 Diploma in Health and Social care.

Edit: ppl from the states will never know jungle and true DnB! Gotta love growing up in England!

Zackky11
01-20-2012, 03:57 PM
I work for 1 800 dial a roc always flyin 15 to 20 k driving 24/7

Twinkie
01-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Mitz turbo's lol. I miss my youth.

In a qualification sence: I went to a grammer school, got 10 A-C's in GCSE's, 3 A-levels, a part finished HND in computing and a level 3 Diploma in Health and Social care.

Edit: ppl from the states will never know jungle and true DnB! Gotta love growing up in England!

Hey Nuby, isn't reggaeton come from jungle??

Ram
01-20-2012, 04:08 PM

check pm thanks

617Pats
01-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Mechanical Engineer
Boston, MA

Anubis
01-20-2012, 04:31 PM

(I just listend to some reggaeton - sounds good!

At the 1995-2000 time there used the be a north and south divide between MC's. Birmingham was the north, london was the south. The North MC's to jungle/dnb were slower but sounded like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKbw9Dtz_yQ

Where as the southern MCs in england sound like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSUMWlS9X8k&feature=related

Anubis
01-20-2012, 04:32 PM
If your not into underground music or rave stuff don't bother even watchingthe above.

Royal Flush
01-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Business analyst, currently consulting on an OTC & Stock Exchange derivatives trading system to a multi-national company.

Mouthful hey :)

Oh and I'm not a real criminal, unlike the bankers I work for ;)

allhaildiscordia
01-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Self-employed Web application and iPhone developer

AppleMacGuy
01-20-2012, 05:11 PM

Ooooo...so wanna post up some of ur modelling pics then :p

AppleMacGuy
01-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Self-employed Web application and iPhone developer

Snap and snap lol!

Syn
01-20-2012, 05:14 PM
Morning-Shift manager of Flow (basically a fancy way of saying I make sure no one dies while we unload trucks and stock shelves.) Shifts are 2-10 a.m. right now, but they change the hours up every other week.

dudeman
01-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Lots of soft hands here.

I'm on some time off tight now, but when I'm working it's on a drill rig. There are lots of different drilling methods and applications, so location varies from the downtown core of a city to the middle of nowhere out in some bush, desert, or tundra, and anywhere in between.

Also, I was surprised to see CCM posted a comment instead of shutting down the thread, what with all this personal information being revealed...

deuces
01-20-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm a criminal in some peoples eyes!! Have played poker for a living for a while now.

The Deutsche
01-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Founder and partner of a CPA firm.

sez
01-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Fancy name for an IT nerd? :p

I'm an accounts executive for a financial firm. Been full time here about a year. I used to do waitressing on the side when I was in school, but not anymore.

Awe is that your way of flirting with me?

nycpizzalover
01-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Working in Washington DC as a Federal Government Program Manager which means I shuffle a lot of paper. CC helps bring some excitement in my life LOL.

I do feel like a gangsta sometimes because I live in Northern Virginia and I have a valid concealed weapons permit. I carry a .40 cal semi-automatic on me all the time. Don't ever want to use it but am prepared if I need to protect my family or my home. Peace out.

Rarelibra
01-20-2012, 06:41 PM
I work in the DC area as a Systems Engineer for an entity that deals with satellites and earth science data (we pull down approx 3 Tb of data each day). I also work for the US Army in Operations, but the sun is setting on that career (after 25 years).

Bruiser
01-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Golf Pro here, weekends are a killer for me, and the time zones...

schnuffler
01-20-2012, 07:23 PM

At Terry Hills???

Synergy
01-20-2012, 07:35 PM
I used to be a hustler, and had a fair few scams making me a good amount of money. Once I hit 25 My son was born so I decided to get a proper job. I broke up with his mum because she was using heroin although shes clean now and doing well, and was a single dad for his first year of life (he was 10 1/2 weeks prem so it wasnt easy). Once his mother proved she was capable of looking after him I gave her full care so I could move on with my life (whilst keeping weekly contact going). So theres the truth behind the nubis. I also get alot of job satisfaction from caring for ppl. Each day is different and it can be funny when the old ladies with dememntia start fighting with their zimmer frames.

It never seaces to amaze me the language these 90 year old+ ppl come out with.

Since we're coming completely clean, I'll tell a little more about myself. I went through the same program at the same place I'm now employed when I was a teenager and was kicked out and sent to YDC for a short time. Out of high school I inherited $108,000. I should have never had control of that much money at that age. Got myself into a lot of trouble. Eventually ended up getting indicted for trafficking heroin, growing herb, and a couple other things and served nearly 3 years in Hays State Prison with 13 on parole. You could prolly look me up on the GDC website. Anyways it's not stuff I'm proud of, but it was definitely a learning experience. Shortly after my release in 2007, I was shot in the back during an attempted armed robbery and attempted carjacking gone bad. The bullet went through a lung, nicked my aorta, and ended up lodged in my spinal canal, severing my spinal cord. I'm paralyzed from a little above the waist down now. I was in a car when it happened and ended up wrecking it over a 15 ft retaining wall because I couldn't hit the breaks. It was a mess. Was in critical condition and spent a month in the hospital and a couple more in physical therapy. I have a couple links to online news articles about the incident.

Anyways a few months after physical therapy, I talked to the same guy that runs the facility I currently work at (who was also running it when i went through the program) and he asked me to come speak to the kids (so they could see where they could potentially be if they stay on the same track they're on). I did that and a few days later he called me and asked to meet up. He then offered me the amazing opportunity to turn things around a bit with some volunteer work there (hinting at offering me a job there if things worked out). I did that and now I've been there a while and love what I do. Just trying to make the best of the situation as things are and maybe make a difference in a few kids lives.

Bruiser
01-20-2012, 07:48 PM
At Terry Hills???

Alot further south then Terry Hills though. Its a nice course and great practice facilities there.

Ram
01-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Since we're coming completely clean, I'll tell a little more about myself. I went through the same program at the same place I'm now employed when I was a teenager and was kicked out and sent to YDC for a short time. Out of high school I inherited $108,000. I should have never had control of that much money at that age. Got myself into a lot of trouble. Eventually ended up getting indicted for trafficking heroin, growing herb, and a couple other things and served nearly 3 years in Hays State Prison with 13 on parole. You could prolly look me up on the GDC website. Anyways it's not stuff I'm proud of, but it was definitely a learning experience. Shortly after my release in 2007, I was shot in the back during an attempted armed robbery and attempted carjacking gone bad. The bullet went through a lung, nicked my aorta, and ended up lodged in my spinal canal, severing my spinal cord. I'm paralyzed from a little above the waist down now. I was in a car when it happened and ended up wrecking it over a 15 ft retaining wall because I couldn't hit the breaks. It was a mess. Was in critical condition and spent a month in the hospital and a couple more in physical therapy. I have a couple links to online news articles about the incident.

Anyways a few months after physical therapy, I talked to the same guy that runs the facility I currently work at (who was also running it when i went through the program) and he asked me to come speak to the kids (so they could see where they could potentially be if they stay on the same track they're on). I did that and a few days later he called me and asked to meet up. He then offered me the amazing opportunity to turn things around a bit with some volunteer work there (hinting at offering me a job there if things worked out). I did that and now I've been there a while and love what I do. Just trying to make the best of the situation as things are and maybe make a difference in a few kids lives.

So you can't walk?

Coco c
01-20-2012, 08:13 PM
I work for an armored car company.

Synergy... Good for you turning your life around and doing something you enjoy, and hopefully helping others avoid the same fate.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-20-2012, 08:15 PM
@synergy: thanks for sharing your inspirational story.

deuces
01-20-2012, 08:16 PM

Agree, best of luck with your current path Synergy.

DCjG
01-20-2012, 08:50 PM
IT Consultant / Solution Architect by day...

...Evil Crime Lord / Male Model / Pirate Bartender by night.

Johnno
01-20-2012, 09:22 PM
HVAC Plumber.

Synergy
01-20-2012, 09:33 PM
So you can't walk?
Nah I can't. I'm confined to a lil manual wheel chair unless something changes technology-wise years down the road from now. Thinkin about throwin some dubs on that ***** lol. That's one of the things that all the stem cell research is about. There's been some success in treating Spinal cord injuries with stem cell injections but funding for research is limited at the moment. Most who have any treatments are going to other countries to have it done because it's not even legal in the US right now. I'm definitely not getting my hopes up, as I accepted and came to terms with this a long time ago, but anything is possible with how studies are going. I've gotten used to it now and can do nearly everything I did before. Driving (with hand controls), sex, going out and getting into stuff with friends, etc is all pretty much the same now as before. I just get around differently.

Synergy
01-20-2012, 09:37 PM
No problem. I'm an open book. :)

Euchred
01-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Wow great thread.
I'm a residential painter but hoping to start something new soon.

KoolB
01-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Nice thread... I am coming to the forums after a long time and when I saw the title I was expecting Mad Hatter or one of his avatars all over it... but its actually a thread that deserves to be right up there with the Best of the Best...
Synergy / Anubis... you guys are rockstars in my eyes now..
JJ / Amber... you always were..

SupremeFaze
01-20-2012, 11:40 PM
i sail the heavy seas messin sh*t up!!!!

Ohaithere
01-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Synergy what level is your injury? I'm t11 complete and came out of hospital on 16 dec, I might end up asking for advice if I get stuck with anything, but so far o problem. Out a boom box on the back of your chair? True 80s style, nice story, you sound like an inspiration

BigCheese
01-21-2012, 01:48 AM
Day time I sell cheese. Nite time I'm FBI (Female Body Investigator)

Synergy
01-21-2012, 02:06 AM
Synergy what level is your injury? I'm t11 complete and came out of hospital on 16 dec, I might end up asking for advice if I get stuck with anything, but so far o problem. Out a boom box on the back of your chair? True 80s style, nice story, you sound like an inspiration

Mine is a little bit higher. It's between T5 and T6 and also complete. Wow, so your injury is really really recent then. If you don't mind me asking, what happened to cause the injury? You can pm me if you want. If you don't want to talk about it I totally understand though. Lmao a boom box and some sick diamond encrusted rims. Listen man I know what you're going through and if you need ANYTHING at all just hit up my inbox.

Ohaithere
01-21-2012, 02:16 AM
Maybe get the rims like on cars where when you are stationary they move around? Nah I'm open I'm fine with it. I was trying to cycle London to Croatia on a bicycle wit a couple mates from uni, accident was on 22nd of august and was in hospital 3 and a half month.

I was doing ar food run whilst my mates were n a campsite and cycling into the campsite I came off, it was the bottom of a hill, small stones on the road and there was a turn. I went over the handlebars apparently and landed on neck so spine got pushed down so it was a big break lower down, no crs or anything involved and no broken bones or loss of blood. Didn't have any scratches or bruises but punctures both lungs and broke spine. I blacked out so I odont remember fro like 5 mins before the accident, just remember lying not feeling my legs with ambulance there thinking **** what have a done this time. It was unlucky but anyone with a sic had been unlucky, it's life and you just gotta get on with it.

I now want to go back in the summer to where I had my accident in Belgium and finish the bike red off, it's still 1000 miles to hand cycle but I'm determined to finish the trip. First outpatient check up on Friday, iv been working on swimming ar mile, at the moment I think i can but furthest iv swam is a km

Synergy
01-21-2012, 02:38 AM
Lmao spinners? You're killin me man. I know it might not feel like it right now, but you're really lucky you didn't come out of that with a C injury from the way it sounds. I think had that happened with me, I don't know if I'd be here right now. The legs I can deal with. I gotta have my arms. So I take it you had to deal with the chest tube as well? Or did you not need one? I ended up having to have one because the slug was a .45 cal and made a pretty big hole with lots of blood. I had difficulty breathing because it took me a minute to get to the hospital and lungs were nearly full. Man when they put in that chest tube I felt like 1000 pounds was lifted off of me and was pretty sure I would live.

I can tell by your attitude that you're gonna be fine man. Great outlook on everything being so close to the time of injury. I can't say I was as enthusiastic that close to when the incident occurred. Anyways that's awesome about the hand cycling trip. 1000 miles? That's pretty crazy. Good luck with that. I know you'll pull it off. You need to go mono-skiing sometime man. It's HELLA fun.

Ohaithere
01-21-2012, 02:54 AM
Yea I will try skiing next year and going around thehospital seeing complete c injuries you do quickly realise how lucky you are from an unlucky situation. I played lots of sport before but will still play lots now, it's just opened up different opportunities. I had a tube into each lung which was pretty strange, I felt really manly for beinghooked p to so many tube shah. Spent the first two weeks laughing non stop with my mates totake mind off it. Laughter helps.

I have two chair at themoment as I giving the hospital one bak on Friday, last night I went out with two friends to the pub and one went in a chair and kept falling out and he had to just sit there when people from the public were helping h. Back into the chair because ifhe was to stand it would look really bad, hilarious to watch though

How long ago was your injury? You seem to have mastered everything, I have a couple things I am unsure of but confident I will manage everythng

Synergy
01-21-2012, 03:08 AM
Yea I will try skiing next year and going around thehospital seeing complete c injuries you do quickly realise how lucky you are from an unlucky situation. I played lots of sport before but will still play lots now, it's just opened up different opportunities. I had a tube into each lung which was pretty strange, I felt really manly for beinghooked p to so many tube shah. Spent the first two weeks laughing non stop with my mates totake mind off it. Laughter helps.

I have two chair at themoment as I giving the hospital one bak on Friday, last night I went out with two friends to the pub and one went in a chair and kept falling out and he had to just sit there when people from the public were helping h. Back into the chair because ifhe was to stand it would look really bad, hilarious to watch though

How long ago was your injury? You seem to have mastered everything, I have a couple things I am unsure of but confident I will manage everythng

Lmao sounds like something someone I know would do. My injury happened December of 2007. I know exactly what you mean about feeling lucky. The first day i got to the secondary hospital where I had physical therapy my roommate had a C-3 and C-5 injury. I was depressed as hell, yet he was so upbeat and positive about everything. I stopped feeling sorry for myself shortly after that. I don't wanna totally derail the thread here, but I can give you my best advice on ANY sci issue. Pm me if you have any questions about anything or need help with anything. I like to think I've pretty much got the hang of things by now, but I still learn new things about this all the time.

TenderPlacebo
01-21-2012, 05:44 AM
I'm in vegetation management,AKA A treeman working for tree service.
I remove and trim trees next to power lines, company is subcontracted by national grid and NYSEG. It is a dangerous job; removing trees is risky enough then you throw in high voltage. I love it though, climbing to the top of a 140 ft. Pine tree and blowing the top out is a rush, plus I get to work outdoors.

Joe Brown1
01-21-2012, 06:25 AM
If this is true, is anyone on this forum ever flying again??

I fix aircraft. Structural engineer...

Bet you never saw that one comming.....

Cooz
01-21-2012, 06:55 AM
I was a journalist who took cash from a buyout from a newspaper, invested it in a company that made a component that eventually became part of Apple's iPod Nano, sold that off and re-invested it in all the accessories for iPhones (skins, headphones, etc.) made outside of Apple. I sold that and its licensing rights back to Apple for cash and shares, and pretty much live off the dividends.

I'm now a freelance writer who really doesn't work very much, but makes about the same as the veteran minimum of a professional baseball player.

I have spent $20 in gold on this game, and that was from a gift card I got at Christmas.

Rarelibra
01-21-2012, 08:03 AM

LOL

Sure thing - I own a Saab... so I "fly" every day to work and back. Hah.

Besides my occupations, I also turn a wrench. Tuned my Saab from a stock 220hp to a whopping 310hp. Talk about flying...

Swifty
01-21-2012, 09:06 AM
I work at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen.

I design dense but radiant muffins.

BBz
01-21-2012, 09:09 AM

Yes it's true... I can fix/ install gas turbine engines, rig flying controls, carry out af and bfs, install anything mechanical, marshal, ground handle aircraft and my speciality designing and carrying out structural repairs

And apparently I'm qualified to build ships and I think work on subs. Not sure how that came about tho......

I'm not as dumb as I make out ;).......

BBz
01-21-2012, 09:20 AM
I was a journalist who took cash from a buyout from a newspaper, invested it in a company that made a component that eventually became part of Apple's iPod Nano, sold that off and re-invested it in all the accessories for iPhones (skins, headphones, etc.) made outside of Apple. I sold that and its licensing rights back to Apple for cash and shares, and pretty much live off the dividends.

I'm now a freelance writer who really doesn't work very much, but makes about the same as the veteran minimum of a professional baseball player.

I have spent $20 in gold on this game, and that was from a gift card I got at Christmas.

Funny that I have the disposable income but when it comes too spending money on this game I'm tighter than scrooge Mc Duck.

Max Power
01-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Interesting stuff.

I am a sales manager for a publishing company. Bartended for a couple of decades on the side. Retired when the bar got sold.

Amber_
01-21-2012, 11:30 AM
.....I did that and now I've been there a while and love what I do. Just trying to make the best of the situation as things are and maybe make a difference in a few kids lives.

Respect to you man. I also got into a lot of trouble when I was younger, hung out with people a lot older than me, met the wrong people at the wrong time, forced to grow up fast. Not going to go into any details, but I was lucky and eventually changed my path. Thats a big part in why I'm studying to be a social worker today. Want to help especially teenagers in trouble, before they fall too deep into it. I'm probably not going to save the world, but if I can make a difference for at least someone it's worth it.

J.J.
01-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Bleh, I really need a new job soon, my manager made me go out & move a bunch of cars & boxes of heavy stuff. Now I'm back inside stewing in my own sweat, this feels gross. 😠

Ram
01-21-2012, 02:48 PM

share the money you greedy guy!

Synergy
01-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Respect to you man. I also got into a lot of trouble when I was younger, hung out with people a lot older than me, met the wrong people at the wrong time, forced to grow up fast. Not going to go into any details, but I was lucky and eventually changed my path. Thats a big part in why I'm studying to be a social worker today. Want to help especially teenagers in trouble, before they fall too deep into it. I'm probably not going to save the world, but if I can make a difference for at least someone it's worth it.

Preciate it. Good luck in your studies. I respect anyone who works in an occupation like that because they actually get satisfaction from seeing change and making a difference. Keep that attitude and I'm absolutely sure you will. :)

DCjG
01-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Bleh, I really need a new job soon, my manager made me go out & move a bunch of cars & boxes of heavy stuff. Now I'm back inside stewing in my own sweat, this feels gross. 😠

Maybe you should cool off by washing a couple of those cars. ;)

Turn those melons into lemonade! I mean... Lemons... Yeah.

Wait, wrong thread.

DeathWish
01-22-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm a middle school janitor that works the night shift then have a part time job on the weekend......Laugh all you want but the job is really peaceful

frenda
01-22-2012, 04:45 PM
compared to synergy i feel like a total wuss. retired military aviator, so yeah, i flew. now i get paid to play wargames on a computer. no joke. i'm also a freelance photographer, getting paid to shoot everything from Kid Rock and ZZ Top at concerts to models and sports. reading all the posts from the younger guys i realize how bulletproof we all think we are. i was in the best shape of my life and 9 months later had a heart attack with 100% blockage in one artery and 93% in another. the cardiologist looked at me like he was looking at a ghost, then explained i had survived the "widowmaker". anyway, just happy to be here and enjoy all the help i've gotten from Tramp and others.

frenda
01-22-2012, 04:47 PM
oh yeah, and i come from the land of the real mafia... if my family hadn't moved to the States, i could've possibly ended up one... ;)

Fullagas
01-22-2012, 08:57 PM
I can fix/ install gas turbine engines, rig flying controls, carry out af and bfs, install anything mechanical, marshal, ground handle aircraft and my speciality designing and carrying out structural repairs

And I break 'em so you can fix 'em. Corporate pilot.

calvinfurby
01-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Occupational therapist, specialized in geriatrics and neurology

Dillinja
01-23-2012, 02:46 AM
I'm a middle school janitor that works the night shift then have a part time job on the weekend......Laugh all you want but the job is really peaceful
Why should anyone laugh? You do an honest days work to put food on the table. Anyone who does that deserves a lot of respect.
Those who think it's better to not work and be burden on the taxpayer deserve public humiliation.

Amber_
01-23-2012, 03:57 AM
Why should anyone laugh? You do an honest days work to put food on the table. Anyone who does that deserves a lot of respect.
Those who think it's better to not work and be burden on the taxpayer deserve public humiliation.

Couldn't agree more.

Btw, I'm quite surprised that there aren't any high school kids or even younger kids here at the forum. I thought there were a lot of kids and teenagers playing this game. Well, there probably is, but apparently they don't hang out here. Just came to think about it, seems kind of odd that everyone in this thread has like either jobs or go to higher education.

Ohaithere
01-23-2012, 04:19 AM
I'm 22 surely I am not the youngest, I would have thought more younger people played but then maybe a much higher pre portion of iPad n phone users are older

Toilet Bowl
01-23-2012, 04:24 AM
Crime City, Crime City ... OMG my life revolves around a game.

Get a life losers.

Max Power
01-23-2012, 04:31 AM

I cant tell you how many days I have wished I had your gig.

Swifty
01-23-2012, 04:32 AM
Congrats on your first post.

You made it a good one.

Ram
01-23-2012, 11:06 AM

Get a life losers.You should be flushed in the toilet moron!

Royal Flush
01-23-2012, 11:10 AM

Get a life losers.

Think answers your question Amber - there are immature prats on the forum!

Holicaholic
01-23-2012, 12:00 PM

I went to take the PAT (that may only be an American thing) last year but it got rained out. Took that as a sign and am in school again taking Turfgrass classes to eventually be a Superintendant at a course somewhere. Played at scratch for the last few years and went to the US open try-outs the last 3 times I was eligible; sadly they went sick-rainout-sick. This year will be different though :)

Anubis
01-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Synergy I been off the forums for a day or 2 so only just read the post.

If there are ppl aged 18-25 on a similar path (drugs, gangs, hurting ppl to make a dollar etc) then read this and other posts on the forum. Synergy's lucky to be alive, so many ppl are not and cannot tell the tale. If your on that path its one of the most difficult things to get away from because the highs (provided from drugs and hustles, sleeping with everything - enjoying the bad things in life) are the hardest thing to get away from.

Typically ppl have a warm bath before bed to relax, or a cup of coco, read a book to relax, play a game of cards or suduko but after experiancing the 18-25 year old times of my life I can't find pleasure in any of those (just shower to keep clean lol). It took having a baby to change my life but I still suffer the results of those years. Being unemployed has made me drink more, still on a very very low does of an opioid substitute 3-4 years after I last took the drug. Your life is basically never the same again in most cases.

None of it once you finally grow up is worth it. Synergy's story is amazing because he was practically dead but hung onto life but will sadly pay for the rest of his life from his past. I do find it nice how ppl who have gone through events like these (with and without the shootings) feel the need to help others. The job satisfaction knowing you've helped someone is amazing,

Amber_
01-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Being unemployed has made me drink more, still on a very very low does of an opioid substitute 3-4 years after I last took the drug. Your life is basically never the same again in most cases.

Subutex? I'm on that stuff too..

Dorian Gray
01-23-2012, 01:11 PM
I run a Digital Printing Press for a company that makes Magnets. Save the dates, calanders, stuff like that.

Anubis
01-23-2012, 01:12 PM

Amber, yeah :( 1.2mg

Synergy
01-23-2012, 02:08 PM

Looks like we all three have another thing in common. 4mg/day here, down from originally 32mg/day.

Anubis
01-23-2012, 02:14 PM
My prob is each time I decrease it ups the units of alchol I drink,

eXc Drake
01-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Field Engineer for a pharmaceutical robotics company.

Synergy
01-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Anubis, do you think that's because you actually notice any physical w/d? Or more of a mental thing (like trying to replace what youre giving up with the alc)? I know in the UK they prescribe subutex more often, but here in the US its usually suboxone. I used to be on the pills, but transferred to the subigual strips (they look similar to those listerine strips for your breath). Anyways for some reason they seem to last a little longer and have been a bit easier for me to come down on (could be mental). It would be my luck to have this problem with the only thing that helps my physical pain at all. Whenever I do finally get off the stuff I'm gonna have to deal with doing the same with the Xanax. Its been as big of an issue, if not a bigger issue than the opiates for me. I always used to use them together. I've managed to get it down to 1.5mg a day, but can't dip much under that. Because of how benzos effect the central nervous system after years of use, how short acting Xanax is, and because I have legitimate panic attacks/anxiety disorder/PTSD, it's been one hellish monkey to shake off my back.

Tramp Stamp
01-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Now we're talkin'!

whocareswhatmynameis
01-23-2012, 02:44 PM
i think spamming follows an ebb and flow pattern... torrents of spam followed by respite, and just when you think they're gone, ... another wave!

Anubis
01-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Syn and others regarding this topic, maybe PM with quotes from all sides would be a better place. People who havn't experianced this won't understand what the hell we chattin about - unless you think the thread should continue with this aspect. Ill PM you.

Synergy
01-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Anubis, you're right. PM is def a better place for that discussion.

Dorian Gray
01-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Anubis, you're right. PM is def a better place for that discussion.

With all the spam, your discussion is the least of our problems. It's your thread take it where you want.

Amber_
01-23-2012, 04:02 PM
It's a sensitive topic, a lot of people have prejudices. So yeah, I think PM is better. We can discuss it all three of us, just make a copy to the third in the PM.

Coco c
01-24-2012, 08:53 AM
It's pretty cool that three people from different parts of the world have found common ground and are now friends/support because of an online game.

nistmcovzq
01-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Protease kamagra online without prescription (http://buycheapkamagraonline.com/) inhibitors bridle the metabolism of sildenafil, effectively multiplying the plasma levels of sildenafil, increasing the amount and punitiveness of side effects. It is recommended that patients using protease inhibitors limit their take on of sildenafil to no more than a schoolmistress 25 mg quantity every 48 hours order cheap viagra (http://buycheapgenericviagraonline.com/). qvxknxnjh69048 <a href=" http://buycheapgenericviagraonline.com/ ">cheap viagra</a> xpawwddfa58598 <a href=" http://buycheapkamagraonline.com/ ">cheap kamagra online</a>

whocareswhatmynameis
01-24-2012, 11:57 AM
It's pretty cool that three people from different parts of the world have found common ground and are now friends/support because of an online game.

brave new world of social media and ubiquitous connectivity

qkobhxvrge
01-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Protease kamagra online order (http://buycheapkamagraonline.com/) inhibitors dig united's nose in with the metabolism of sildenafil, effectively multiplying the plasma levels of sildenafil, increasing the smock and cold-bloodedness of side effects. It is recommended that patients using protease inhibitors limit their pertinence of sildenafil to no more than an unique 25 mg allot unacceptable every 48 hours buy viagra (http://buycheapgenericviagraonline.com/). ddecqhlhq11690 <a href=" http://buycheapgenericviagraonline.com/ ">cheap generic viagra</a> mbkssuocp9743 <a href=" http://buycheapkamagraonline.com/ ">buy online kamagra</a>

Javin
01-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Private Investigator

Synergy
01-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Private Investigator

That's what's up. I thought about going into that line of work at one point, in a way. Welcome to the forums. If you're ever in the Atlanta area let me know. I got some stuff I'd pay good money to have investigated.

Tramp Stamp
01-24-2012, 07:37 PM
I got some stuff I'd pay good money to have investigated.

Your sexy neighbor to the south?

Synergy
01-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Your sexy neighbor to the south?

Lmao. No, but... I think I could afford to fork out the $ for the video equipment and to bring Amber and her to ATL to record that film that keeps getting mentioned. Lets make that ish a reality. I'm jus sayin...that would be a nice money maker :p

schnuffler
01-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Lmao. No, but... I think I could afford to fork out the $ for the video equipment and to bring Amber and her to ATL to record that film that keeps getting mentioned. Lets make that ish a reality. I'm jus sayin...that would be a nice money maker :p

It would make enough to turn it into a series. Put me down for a subscription!

Synergy
01-24-2012, 07:48 PM
If they wanna make a lotta money they know who to hit up. ;)