PDA

View Full Version : Tips on avoiding be raided/attacked.

digitalwalker
01-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Hi all, I would like to start this thread to collect people's tips on how to avoid be raided/attacked, if I may, so please you are very welcome to add your own. Thanks in advance.

My tips on avoiding be raided: Build your oil Derrick, or any buildings with similar sizes directly below your Munitions stockpile, so that raiders won't see your Munitions stockpiles' level tag, and may let you go. The trick is that the oil Derrick's tag above the head covered the tag of Munitions stockpile. You should have seen this occasion while you raiding other people's base.

Add your tips please. Ty

Dover
01-20-2012, 07:37 AM
1) I have avoided getting attacked or raided for weeks now because no one thinks it is benefical and I had over 1Mil dangling unprocted at times.
2) Build up your Def to a respectable amount.
3) Build up your vault to hold all of your cash.
4) Collect your 12/24/48 hour buildings ASAP
5) Spend your cash so none is unprotected. When I see 900K and I attack for it if I get -0- I pick up shop and move on.

digitalwalker
01-20-2012, 07:37 AM
Also, tip on how to maximise the numbers of money buildings covered by defence buildings.

Basically, you want to put as many money buildings as possible into the protection circle of your defence buildings. So what I did is first put large buildings such as oil refinery, military market into the outer circle, put them just on the edage of the circle, and then put smaller buildings into the inner circle, such as munition stockpile.

I have put 2 oil refinery,2 military market,2 diamond mine,2 recycling plant,2water treatment,1command centre,2monition stockpile, in to protections of one single EMP, in total that's 13 buildings in a range 18 circle.

I hope it is helpful.

digitalwalker
01-20-2012, 07:39 AM
Thanks for sharing Dover:)

OmiseeRuizeks
01-20-2012, 09:47 PM
I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. Let's discuss.

emcee
01-21-2012, 12:26 AM
My main account has not been attacked since 35 days ago.
Total time played 47 days. Fights won 5, lost 0 and raids 0.

The second account which I have taken over from my friend has not been attacked for 32 days.
Total time played 48 days. Fights won 40, lost 3 and raids 0.

Both Modern War and Crime City have similar if not the same game mechanics when it comes to attacks/raids/robberies; at least for the lower levels and from CC experience at least up to level 24 and probably over level 100.

Drop all allies and you will be effectively placed in the "dead zone" or MW equivalent to the Swiss Army.

For further discussion see my game theory in my tortoise guide.

digitalwalker
01-21-2012, 04:33 AM
My main account has not been attacked since 35 days ago.
Total time played 47 days. Fights won 5, lost 0 and raids 0.

The second account which I have taken over from my friend has not been attacked for 32 days.
Total time played 48 days. Fights won 40, lost 3 and raids 0.

Both Modern War and Crime City have similar if not the same game mechanics when it comes to attacks/raids/robberies; at least for the lower levels and from CC experience at least up to level 24 and probably over level 100.

Drop all allies and you will be effectively placed in the "dead zone" or MW equivalent to the Swiss Army.

For further discussion see my game theory in my tortoise guide.

Thanks for replaying and sharing, may i ask, you mean drop ALL allies, do yo mean have 0 allie size? wow, i never thought about that, and never done it before, very interesting, and wondering is it possioble? :)

digitalwalker
01-21-2012, 04:33 AM
I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. Let's discuss.
thanks for replaying:) and what do you think is not right?

EnjoyLife
01-21-2012, 04:38 AM
Thanks for replaying and sharing, may i ask, you mean drop ALL allies, do yo mean have 0 allie size? wow, i never thought about that, and never done it before, very interesting, and wondering is it possioble? :)

If you completed any area of missions to level 3, you will have gained a grunt (NPC ally). I don't think you can get rid of those.

digitalwalker
01-21-2012, 04:50 AM
If you completed any area of missions to level 3, you will have gained a grunt (NPC ally). I don't think you can get rid of those.
i dont think so neither, but what if for someone with no grunt allies? ty

EnjoyLife
01-21-2012, 05:11 AM
i dont think so neither, but what if for someone with no grunt allies? ty

You can delete all but your Grunts, if I'm not mistaken.

emcee
01-21-2012, 03:50 PM

Drop all you can. In Crime City I have henchmen that I can't get rid of so technically may be in the dead zone plus 1 or 2...
I do get attacked on average 2 a day. In Modern War I have an alliance of 1; not sure if that is myself or 1 grunt but with that I don't get attacked or raided at all.
Theoretically I can sell all my units (ie ships, infantry), defensive buildings, not upgrade or use the vault and it will not make a difference to my stats.

Guyver01
01-23-2012, 01:44 AM
Correct me if I am wrong...
So if you do not have any allies then you will not be raided or attacked?
Is the game put everyone on raid list based on allies or level?

Thanks in advance

emcee
01-23-2012, 02:58 AM
Correct me if I am wrong...
So if you do not have any allies then you will not be raided or attacked?
Is the game put everyone on raid list based on allies or level?

Thanks in advance
There is no guarantee but for me it is true as well as when I first started my Crime City account. The brackets seem to fit more tightly with Modern War probably because they are not as many active players here.
Game mechanics are such that people with no allies appear to be invisible to all others. The game may think you are a beginner account and/or have not yet figured out to add allies. Keep in mind not everyone has access to allies or may take a while to figure out how to add allies. So the developers have designed the game to give such players a chance. If they didn't most of these players would be hammered to oblivion and may be so turned off playing the game that they would quit. This is not good for business.
Not just Funzio employ the use of brackets. So far all Free to Play games I tried on my iphone employ the same game mechanics. It is simply logical to approach competition/rivals in these game by giving everyone a fighting chance.
Also, anyone aggressively playing this game will have leveled very quickly especially in the beginning levels. As such, if people follow my tortoise guide closely from day 1 should easily be in the dead zone and effectively avoid all attacks/raids while building a strong income base.

Agent Orange
01-23-2012, 04:41 AM
You can delete all but your Grunts, if I'm not mistaken.

Nope they do not show up in the allies list so can't be deleted. My L8 player has two, 1 turned up when they hit L2 which cannot be avoided and the other around L4.

EnjoyLife
01-23-2012, 04:43 AM
Nope they do not show up in the allies list so can't be deleted. My L8 player has two, 1 turned up when they hit L2 which cannot be avoided and the other around L4.

So, I think we are in agreement then...

Tanner
01-23-2012, 07:38 AM
deleted - off topic.

Agent Orange
01-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Even if you drop every single ally, don't the grunts put you on some peoples RADAR then? Has anyone above level 40 or 50 tried this approach after having had an abundance of allies?

Well I guess if we keep on this topic the devs will put in a 'fix' to correct this anomaly....

I'm at L80 and I have seen very low ally count players over L50 turn up in my rivals list. Definitely under 10 but I can't recall seeing a 2 but if I do see one I will make a note of it.

What is interesting is my old account only has 1 grunt and I asked my brothers and each of them only has 1 grunt so I wonder if the game will added this to you automatically at certain points.

Tanner
01-23-2012, 08:08 AM
I agree. Thanks.

Agent Orange
01-23-2012, 08:27 AM
I'm curious about something, has anyone nuked all their allies expect the grunts? If so do you drop off the radar of everyone? The only thing I have seen when removing allies is your attack and defence scores will drop and if you don't drop out of sight then you might be really screwed if you now have a really weak score....

emcee
01-24-2012, 02:36 AM
I'm curious about something, has anyone nuked all their allies expect the grunts? If so do you drop off the radar of everyone? The only thing I have seen when removing allies is your attack and defence scores will drop and if you don't drop out of sight then you might be really screwed if you now have a really weak score....
Both of my accounts have an alliance of 1 at level 6. I believe I appear on the radar but the rivals list as I refresh it will have a majority of about 90%-100% rivals with 1 alliance. There will be a few with 3, 4 or as high as 30. I just noticed sometimes the majority of rivals are at level 5. Sometimes its almost all level 6. I have yet to see anyone at level 7. I am the only person on the rival list with an Airman head avatar (both accounts). This may explain why recently I have not been attacked. But for the vast majority of time camping I had a avatar head that was free.
As I feel the game mechanics with respect to alliance brackets are similar if not the same between MW and CC; my CC level 24 account (14 alliance/henchmen) has still a fairly tight bracket. Numerous rivals list refresh are showing opponents between level 23-25. With about the same henchmen. What I find quite interesting is that in the last 10 days I have been attacked 21 times. The last attack prior was 50 days ago. I feel the developer has change how alliance/brackets behave recently. My gameplay has not changed on this account from now to 50 days prior. 40 days of no attacks and then 21 times in the last 10 days is not an anomaly. My other CC account on level 8 has been attacked 36 times in the last 9 days.

Funzio can just as easily change alliance/brackets relating to attacks/raids so enjoy the dead zone/zero alliance inactivity stage for now.

Agent Orange
01-24-2012, 02:42 AM
The honeymoon is over......

Deskjockey
01-24-2012, 09:36 AM
One thing I would NOT do that I've seen others talk about doing to avoid raids on money buildings that have been upgraded is hiding their numbers behind other buildings or trees. Apparently some players are going to a lot of trouble to hide the level of their money buildings in the hopes that this will deter raids on them. On the contrary, this is a dead giveaway. Every time I see a money building with its number hidden by another building, I attack it, assuming it is a heavily-upgraded cash cow. So far, that assumption has been correct every time. As for using trees or other decorations, it's a waste of money, as the same thing applies.

Tramp Stamp
01-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Hiding buildings only works when they're ALL hidden. Otherwise, yeah, it's pretty obvious to go after that one building that has a tree in front of it. Even then the player is probably so excited to find targets that he'll just unload his stamina anyway.

digitalwalker
01-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Yes,you are right from your point of view.

I just thought it is no harm to cover your informations without the need to intentionally buy trees etc.

I always try to level up as slow as possible,so I am very careful on the xp I gain,have to make sure the cash i gained with every activity must be maximised along with every xp I gained. For example, my low level character is lvl19, I can gain approx 5 xp by attacking which gives me 50k per fight, that's to say with same amount of xp I gain I would only benefited by raiding munition stockpile lvl8 upwards. So if someone hides theirs buildings, I let them go.

emcee
01-24-2012, 04:00 PM
The honeymoon is over......

Maybe in CC. Not yet (cross my fingers) in MW. I'll be one of the first to report on a change.

Chiefer
01-25-2012, 03:26 AM
Buy units. Not the cheap ones that get replaced easy.

Aviator
01-25-2012, 07:58 PM
ADD 853 193 259

BobTheCar
01-28-2012, 08:37 PM
hay whats ur id i would like to see ur lay out mine is so cramped for space, and iv had so many wars with so many people keeping my cash flow has been a *****