PDA

View Full Version : Funzio does not care about these forums!

xclusiv
01-19-2012, 06:26 AM
ive been on other forums and when they had a spam issue it took them 5 minutes to install a good capitcha and to prevent the bots and ban the spam bots.

and that was it.

why has funzio done nothing after how many weeks now? after all the money there making off us?

whocareswhatmynameis
01-19-2012, 07:08 AM
incredible! out of 20 posts in the first page of the forum 11 are spams!

gcooldude
01-19-2012, 08:06 AM
It is pretty bad the amount of spam on these forums.

silverbackspur
01-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Its pathetic and disrespectful to us the forum members.

Cooz
01-19-2012, 08:20 AM
It's beyond ridiculous.

It's annoying but manageable. My issue is the fact they're doing nothing to prevent it. That's far worse than the spam itself. They're not even giving us an apology or anything, so if they don't care enough to at least try to solve a relatively minor problem, they obviously don't care about us as customers.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-19-2012, 08:30 AM
It's beyond ridiculous.

It's annoying but manageable. My issue is the fact they're doing nothing to prevent it. That's far worse than the spam itself. They're not even giving us an apology or anything, so if they don't care enough to at least try to solve a relatively minor problem, they obviously don't care about us as customers.

yes. several members including myself have pleaded with FUNZIO to select moderators to police the forum. it is clear they don't value our input.

Ghost3
01-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Wasn't a mod or 2 supposed to have been chosen back in September when I was still a lurker? It's what 3.5 months later and only worse... Couple of clicks isn't it to give some people ban powers, thread lock/deletion?

Amber_
01-19-2012, 08:58 AM
why has funzio done nothing after how many weeks now? after all the money there making off us?

Because it doesn't require gold to use the forum (in other words, they don't make any cash on this so they don't give a ****)

Ram
01-19-2012, 09:05 AM
They are making a great job! We just have to give them some time so they can fix everything.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-19-2012, 09:09 AM
They are making a great job! We just have to give them some time so they can fix everything.

sarcasm/off

Swifty
01-19-2012, 09:33 AM
I like spam.

Grilled, slice of sweet onion, fresh-baked roll.

Joeycool
01-19-2012, 09:37 AM
I think Amber is right... They dont make any money off the forum. So they dont care about it.

Lets face it... how hard can it be for a company that develops software to control spam on its website?

Its a bit like McDonalds not being able to make fries.

Tramp Stamp
01-19-2012, 09:42 AM
The Modern War forum is even more up in arms than this one, mostly due broken fight mechanics that have gotten steadily worse, and CJ even admits that the extreme rate of casualties is unintended:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?17101-Casualty-rate-changed-drastically&p=93109#post93109

No one has noticed any kind of fix applied.

However, some of the player problems are due to bad strategy and unfamiliarity with game mechanics, which Funzio does little to rectify with their constant opaque tinkering. Surprisingly, CJ actually called out the community to do something about it:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?17388-Too-everyone-upset-with-how-MW-was-developed&p=95181#post95181

I called what I felt to be a bluff, requesting that Funzio show good faith by sticking Syn's "best of" thread and to choose moderators, which they have been advertising for 4 months. Unfortunately I cannot link to my post because it was apparently deleted, which is quite disappointing, especially in the face of Funzio's claim that constructive negative feedback is encouraged, reference in previous link. I ensured my post was polite. I spoke as I would to a real life person that I was attempting to resolve issues with. I feel deleting my post is (further) evidence of bad faith.

Agent Orange, who is probably the greatest overall contributor to the Modern War forum, did come up with the goods:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?17459-Niteshooter-s-guide-to-Modern-War

It hasn't been stickied.

Please note that I'm not calling out CJ specifically. I've had one direct dealing with him and he was helpful and polite. He and Crime City Mark are bearing the brunt of customer service issues when in reality they likely have very little means to actually rectify complaints. Their frustration is showing increasingly on their forum posts and while some actions here are inflammatory, anyone who's run a forum knows that this stuff rolls off your back when everything is under control. They probably mean well and want to do the right thing but obviously something behind the scenes is blocking progress--pretty much on all fronts.

As several users have said, culling spam on forums, especially with a platform as common as phpBB, is trivial, especially for a technology company, who should have about a dozen staff members who can do this kind of thing in their sleep. As much complaint volume the situation surely is generating it would seem well worth their time to address the issue. It's getting to the point where one must wonder what this company as a whole does with its time.

Joeycool
01-19-2012, 09:47 AM
It's getting to the point where one must wonder what this company as a whole does with its time.

They are far too busy counting their cash to do anything else

Tramp Stamp
01-19-2012, 09:48 AM
I think Amber is right... They dont make any money off the forum. So they dont care about it.

It's hard to believe that a properly functioning company wouldn't feel that this is a valuable resource worth investment, especially a "social media" company. Have they missed what Facebook has done to businesses in the past five years? I mean they make games for it and all. Direct customer interaction is becoming key to businesses of all sizes. It's hard to believe a startup gets it so wrong; they're usually so nimble and often overly chatty. It almost feels like we're dealing with someone like HP or GE, who decided to get into making games on a whim.

Tramp Stamp
01-19-2012, 09:49 AM
They are far too busy counting their cash to do anything else

You might be joking, but this was exactly the problem with the last round of tech startups. Once they got their cash infusion they stopped working to buy cars and throw expensive parties until the money dried up.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-19-2012, 09:56 AM
It's getting to the point where one must wonder what this company as a whole does with its time.

i couldn't have said it better!

Joeycool
01-19-2012, 09:56 AM
You might be joking, but this was exactly the problem with the last round of tech startups. Once they got their cash infusion they stopped working to buy cars and throw expensive parties until the money dried up.

I wasn't joking

Penutt
01-19-2012, 09:02 PM
It's hard to believe that a properly functioning company wouldn't feel that this is a valuable resource worth investment, especially a "social media" company. Have they missed what Facebook has done to businesses in the past five years? I mean they make games for it and all. Direct customer interaction is becoming key to businesses of all sizes. It's hard to believe a startup gets it so wrong; they're usually so nimble and often overly chatty. It almost feels like we're dealing with someone like HP or GE, who decided to get into making games on a whim.

They need to talk with Zappos and learn how valuable good customer service is. I would hope that Funzio is not totally laccing in knowledge of today's most successful business models. They should very well care about what their most dedicated players are saying in this forum. Why have a forum in the first place if the company who created it doesn't care about what is said in it or how badly it is being over ran by spammers? Very confusing!