PDA

View Full Version : Equipping my mafia longterm

deuces
01-19-2012, 02:30 AM
changed....

Anubis
01-19-2012, 04:27 AM
One of my current goals is to build a surveillance center. Is this worth doing? Am I better off building these instead of gattlin turrets? Cheers for your input guys.

I bought 100 Mustangs, and although I don't regret it because (R) is never ending the 69camero is practicallythe same.

I like the Yam Bikes though. Ppl who buy Audis spend nearly 1M a car for -3 def and -2 att. A silly option imo. PVP will load you up after lvl 100 with armoured police trucks, but those babies are vehicle defence in its best.

If your not happy buying bikes then justt buy goggles. Either one is a good bet, although goggles can go to 350-400mark whereas yam bikes really cap at 200 (stat wise).

Chain Whips are brilliant. Their the cheapest High tier weapon and provide he best gains. Its not worth going after high tier equipment until you have a solid layer of low-mid range equp.

Cooz
01-19-2012, 05:11 AM
Guns: 98 m4a1s, im not worried about these, they will increase a ton from levels 100-125, and should be near 500 by the end of that as energy will be most of my xp gain.

What makes you think the amount of M4s you have will increase "a ton" between those levels? Any way you slice it, the drop rate isn't conducive to a rapid gain in that category.

I've been living and breathing farming M4s, and I'm not all that far ahead of your level, but I have four times as many as you do. That's still well short of the 500 mark you mentioned. You're right in the sense you need to keep doing it, but I think you're overrating the amount of them you can get in that amount of time.

That is, of course, if you're planning to farm them. Buying them is a different story.

As for Bikes vs. NVB...I started on Bikes and piled up a good number of them. I forget who it was, but someone said basically what matters are points, and simply, NVBs give you more of them. So to me, it's not what you're losing out on by not having Bikes, it's what you're gaining by having armor. That brings me to to balance. The armor category itself becomes really unbalanced by the time you're unlocking the higher items (from what I can see). Plain and simple, you have to make a choice, and I choose balance and efficiency.

The two armor items that bracket the NVB's defense are the blast guard helmet (7/15, $480k) and blast shield (1/19, $210k). The attack ratings are horrible in comparison to the NVB, so you basically have to buy one of each. In a perfect world, you could combine the two for a 15/19 armor for $590k, which would be cheaper than the $900k for an 11/9 audi (comparable to the 13/12 Bike), but you can't. And no other armor available to you right now gives you 16 atk and can be bought with cash.

Another benefit...for every NVB you buy over a Bike, you save 25 rp. Therefore, buying 100 NVB boosts your armor 1,600/1,600 from a flat level, and saves you 2,500 rp. That's two Exeleros (31/17)when you get to the qualifying level. Two Exeleros (62/34) is worth at least three Bikes, depending on how you want to look at it - close to five times the attack, nearly three times the defense.

Big picture perspective, though, you can save more rp and get a stronger weapon, therefore, increase your stats faster with the NVB than with the Bike. The NVB is cheaper than a Bike, provides much more balance from the most unbalanced category (points-wise), and is less than half the cost of the next step up in respect items (Full body suit, 17/27, 800 rp).

Anubis clouds the issue even further when talking about Chain Whips. He makes a very sound argument. What an a-hole. jk Anubis.

My useless $0.02.

Anubis
01-19-2012, 06:00 AM
The two armor items that bracket the NVB's defense are the blast guard helmet (7/15, $480k) and blast shield (1/19, $210k). The attack ratings are horrible in comparison to the NVB, so you basically have to buy one of each. In a perfect world, you could combine the two for a 15/19 armor for $590k, which would be cheaper than the $900k for an 11/9 audi (comparable to the 13/12 Bike), but you can't. And no other armor available to you right now gives you 16 atk and can be bought with cash.

So much truth in that. What kind of income do you expect to provide an easy 900k (with -3 stats of the yam) easily for those that think Yam bikes are a waste?

I think any more than 200-300 yam's are for sure the complete max. That due to armoured police trucks from PVP loot that drops higher as you level up.

I don't want to confuse anything, Yam bike (until a very certain stage ~250max) are just as valuable as goggles NVB until the 300-350range.

To compete you will need to aim for both. Melee is a different topic because the stats can be bought for a cheaper price. (Not including guns because the end goal of anyone should be ~480-490 M4's (you be suprised the RPG's, Sawn Offs, and mass def guns you have)

Severe gold buyers spend masses on gun. and the low-mid range guns are not that different (oter than the RL cost of them)

Melee is the cheapest $$$ category for stats because you can buy steel garrottes (for 5.3M per 100) and if defence is what you want from the melee section you have 3 choices. Tasers for 11Def (but are expensive at 190K), or the (R) items - Serrated Balde (12/-18def) or Chain Whips with max melee att @ 25 and max melee defence at 19def. Being the cheapest max tier weapon they obviously are a powerful piece of equipment.

The 4 pieces of (R) items I feel meassure up (guns not included due to M4's) are NVB - goggles (350max), Yamaha bikes (250max), Serrated blades and the cheap but powerful Chain Whip.

Cooz
01-19-2012, 06:38 AM
To compete you will need to aim for both.

I think that's the best way to look at it. Fortunately, you made that point to me right when I reached the 259 Bike mark. Then I got another one for one of the streaks.

I'm aiming for the 300 mark on NVB, then I'm moving to Chain Whips. Butterfly knives can only take you so far, and as rare as nail bats drop, the chain whip is so ridiculously better than that, melee becomes a liability pretty quickly.

orassumszem
01-19-2012, 06:43 AM
There may be noticeably a bundle to know about this here at www.funzio.com. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.
best diet pills (http://orderphentermine.info/best-diet-pills) best diet pills (http://orderphentermine.info/best-diet-pills)

Fricco
01-19-2012, 06:59 AM
I have been hitting up the M4 A1 for about a month now (late start didnt help)
i have just under 100 , im not worried about spending money on weapons over building upgrades
what should i invest in to boost my attack as i feel it is weak for my level ?
17k attk / 21k def
Thx

Cooz
01-19-2012, 08:06 AM
I have been hitting up the M4 A1 for about a month now (late start didnt help)
i have just under 100 , im not worried about spending money on weapons over building upgrades
what should i invest in to boost my attack as i feel it is weak for my level ?
17k attk / 21k def
Thx

Just my opinion, but where I am, the difference between the strong and the weak is the amount of M4s one has. While that's kind of a lame answer to give you, considering you already know you're behind, but having a lot of those is critically important.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-19-2012, 09:21 AM
i don't think there is a silver bullet solution for endgame in terms of respect equipment. my sense is there may be several possibilities of using different types of weapons from the five categories to achieve high attack and defense scores. we will probably need a lot of discussion on this topic from experienced players before a clear consensus emerges. because of this, i am using what i call the hedging strategy- equipping myself with mid to high level respect weapons from all types (except guns because of M4A1s) with relatively equal proportions.

BBz
01-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Just fam m4's u'll be fine........... lol

deuces
01-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the responses guys, very helpful.

Respect wise im going to continue with NVB until ~350, and then i guess switch back to bikes for ~150 more. After that i'll probably work on chainwhips until im done with the game i guess?

As far as the M4s cooz, idk, i have 100 already, and doing the math now i expect to gain ~150 more through level 125. You're right tho, thats definitely not enough. That'll put me at only about half what i need, so i'll have to spend through about level 160 gaining 2/3 of my xp through energy to get enough m4s. Blah, that sucks, but im not really sure what else i can do. My character isnt ready for huge xp gains right now, and i dont plan on reaching level 100 until about a month from now.

Starting off not knowing how to play the game really screwed me, and its going to take until level 150+ before i can compete with anyone really decent at this game.