PDA

View Full Version : More and more prevalent hackers

zynshmily
01-18-2012, 06:21 PM
i start to see more and more lv130s+ on my rival list who appear out of nowhere.

I'm just nosy so i always check out their profiles, especially their walls, hoping to find some clue in regarding to when they started playing

interesting to see some players leaving comments such as "how can you reach such a high level with such a low stat".

One plausible conjecture would be that they had mistaken exp for money when hacking the game. they obviously messed up the exp field with a ridiculously large number.

I'm in no position to judge. On some level, i need those weak high-levels to finish my valor missions. Its just that i stopped spending real money when i found out the hackers didn't get punishment as they deserve. zero tolerance policy towards cheaters seems like a joke now.

I won't turn anyone in. I like stupid hackers. if they have big money unprotected, all the better. That's 3 million dollars income every two hrs.

I hate smart hackers, tho. they hide themselves in crowd with 50K+ stat and suspiciously large number of cash units.

all in all, it's nice to see that valor units are more closely monitored now. All the valor units achieved through hacking have disappeared. (i keep a few hacker as my allies and observe them periodically)

Maybe one day when a hacker figures out how to cheat on gold units, that will get some attention from funzio.

youj
01-18-2012, 10:07 PM
I think you should definitely turn them in. I think most of the hack are already fixed. But people who successfully hacked before the patch maybe difficult to catch. If you turn them in you are doing everyone else in MW a favour.

Hugh Bris
01-19-2012, 06:06 AM
I hate smart hackers, tho. they hide themselves in crowd with 50K+ stat and suspiciously large number of cash units.

Maybe one day when a hacker figures out how to cheat on gold units, that will get some attention from funzio.

Yeah, there's a whole group of hackers that blatantly talk about cheating in comments fields. I get hit over and over every day and I have a huge defense for my level but there's no way I can compete. I don't dare attack back because then the whole group gets in on it and it would ruin my fun. I've spent a good amount of money but these people REALLY cheat on the gold units. I don't think you'll ever be able to stop all of the hackers but please report them. Take screenshots of profiles. The character that I'm talking about has no Funzio id so screenshot is all I've got.

procsyzarc
01-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Most realistic anwser is they spend gold on energy re fills and do maps which would cause fast leveling with crap stats, from what I have seen apart from one valor hack there haven't been any hacks for Modern war

CJ54
01-19-2012, 02:48 PM
If you think someone is cheating or otherwise is doing something weird, always feel free to contact us through the in-game support link or at modernwar-ios-support@funzio.com. Make sure you provide details, like the person's name and level and what the exact discrepancy that you see is. As policy we don't generally discuss the outcomes of individual cases, but we investigate every single report.

Hugh Bris
01-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Most realistic anwser is they spend gold on energy re fills and do maps which would cause fast leveling with crap stats, from what I have seen apart from one valor hack there haven't been any hacks for Modern war

I feel you man but there's bragging about cheating going on, a base with tons of stuff one minute then barely anything the next. I spend MAD cash on this game. A lot. But what I'm seeing is absolutely unbelievable gold items - think over $5000 - and the true tell is NO Funzio ID. How did that happen? Cheating on a jailbroken phone. I will that I think 99% of people still don't cheat the system but there are some obvious ones.

I sent in screenshots and other evidence but I'm sure it takes time because these players brag about how "unseen" and invisible they are, especially to Funzio. It will get sorted eventually but it sucks out loud even though I am not a fanatic out for blood about a game, lol.

zynshmily
01-19-2012, 06:15 PM
If you think someone is cheating or otherwise is doing something weird, always feel free to contact us through the in-game support link or at modernwar-ios-support@funzio.com. Make sure you provide details, like the person's name and level and what the exact discrepancy that you see is. As policy we don't generally discuss the outcomes of individual cases, but we investigate every single report.

nice to know you guys take actions against cheaters.

However, with all due respect, my last communication with funzio support back and forth via email was the most frustrating experience in my life. i'd rather talk to a 1-800 telephone representative.

Plus,i've been taking advantage of a hacker all along. And the hacker has been specially helpful and nice to me. I won't sell him out.

Since you guys are willing to make changes to better the game, why can't you take many ppl's suggestion of creating an in-game leaderboard in different categories such as rank, attack value, defense value, most fights won, most missions completed...

not only does it make players feel more honorable, it helps to witness abnormal activities with hundreds of eyes.
Im sure newbies would like that idea as well since the top-tier players bases and profile are transparent, it sorta gives a guideline for rookies.

and i wont have compunction over exposing hackers.

zynshmily
01-19-2012, 06:42 PM

there is so much you dont kno...would like to talk you,but i guess its alrdy past your bedtime.

Hugh Bris
01-20-2012, 07:45 AM
/\ ????? Why would you make a statement like that?

Now as to the message at hand:

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF LOSING ALL MY MONEY TO CHEATERS ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!

This gets old really quick and the person is openly admitting cheating. Bragging about it. My complaint ticket has been closed so it says a solution is in the pipeline. The issue has certainly not been resolved. It's a really fun game and I've got money invested so I won't just walk away but I am very upset over this.

Dover
01-20-2012, 07:55 AM
Hugh, you have opened an in-game trouble ticket with the persons info? Usually a ticket is not closed until resolved not just "in the pipeline".

Hugh Bris
01-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Yeah. From my recieved email:

Your request (#openly cheating on Modern War) has been closed. This means that the issue is either solved, or there is a solution in the pipe for that particular issue.
To review, comment and reopen the request, please respond to this e-mail.

So I'm just going to leave it alone for a few days and see what happens.

Hugh Bris
01-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Sorry - forgot that the person in question has NO Funzio ID. I provided screenshots but I'm sure it's still very difficult to solve. I will assume that a solution is forthcoming due to the wording of that email.

Dover
01-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Good to know. I have not opened a trouble ticket like this so I have not seen that reply. Thank you for sharing.

At least you could reply to it and re-open it later on if the issue has not been resolved.

Hugh Bris
01-20-2012, 08:32 AM
I will. I've been taking more screenshots, especially of the comments. Ugh.

I know that when my clients constantly call and email I feel like they are taking up valuable time in which I could be solving or researching their issue. I'll give it a while before I report again unless they contact me for more evidence.

What's so frustrating is this person must have an alarm set at the exact time my money pops up from buildings! It's uncanny.

youj
01-20-2012, 08:43 AM
I have seen players who claims they are cheating even though they are just legit big spenders who don't want to admit it. I don't think there's a way to cheat gold at this moment. If you think he's cheating if he has a lot of gold units, he's probably just a big spender.

If you want, you could post his screenshots here, we forum members could check him out.

Hugh Bris
01-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm not going to post screenshots. They would come after me and send others after me - that's how they roll.

Ok, once again:

The person has NO Funzio ID. None. So that's a no-brainer.

I am a BIG spender so I usually ignore inventory. Just the gold units I bothered to count up amount to $1500.00 but I'm willing to believe that IF they weren't bragging about cheating:
The person and his allies are openly discussing the hack in his comments section.

One day the base has 50 buildings and is massive, the next day it will be completely bare - 5 buildings right now - command, barracks, war factory and sea.

The thing that really gets me is not having an ID and bragging about cheating. I can come to no other conclusion...

zynshmily
01-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Gold units are not hackable, thats for sure.

However, valor, money and level are easy to manipulate before.

Valor units are more closely monitored by now and all the valor units achieved through hacking are mostly eliminated, however, the cash units bought with the illegal money still remain

youj
01-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Oh lol. Are you talking about General Insane and his 'cloaking device'?

I think he just got fed up with people robbing him. So he decided to sell off all his money buildings. He's only strong because he spend a lot of money on gold units. He has to constantly raid other people to maintain his army size.

The person has NO Funzio ID. None. So that's a no-brainer.

You only get to see your own ally id in your own profile. You are not suppose to see other people's ally id.

zynshmily
01-20-2012, 10:50 AM

I use my brain to make money and spend a fair share of income on this game.
But if i were able to hack the game, i wouldnt spend a penny. hackers use their brainwork to play the game as well just as i play the game with strategy and real money.

On some level, i respect hackers since they manage to achieve something with their talents while i can only waste money.

Plus, i've been taking advantage of a hacker all along.
many used to attack him when he's lv155 with 5000 def and limitless cash. I didnt get many chance to attack him since too many ppl were focusing on him. Later on, all of sudden, he armed himself to 18k def and attacked me once. Its like he deliberately left himself on my news and let me attack him. More wonderfully, since he was suddenly improved, some ppl who used to attack him could no longer take advantage of him. I became the sole robber....

His remaining cash is 124375239@#$@#(really can't remember how many digits)
The greatest money drop is 300k, and 10 attacks in a row. the immunity period is 2 hours.

Thats 3 million dollars every two hours baby~ i even set a timer of two hrs just to remind myself to keep attacking him.

making things weirder, just when i was about to lose him on my news, i left a message on his wall asking him to attack me one more time. After i woke up, he did attack me and raid me one more time... I had no idea why he had been so helpful to me...

This is my true story. i just hope some people who presumptuously assert no hacking existence can open their eyes a little bit wider...
Im lv121 who have fought more than 18k fights; i have finished more than 3000+ missions. and i spent most share of time searching the right opponent.
Im positive to say, other than joko(lv124 who has won more than 40k battles), im the one who hit the "refresh" button on rival list the most. i bet I've seen many things and persons others haven't spotted.

I'm a math/statistics/finance major. I beat college math majors in garden state undergraduate math conference as a tenth grader. Im awesome on number-related issues.
Trust me, other than hacking, whatever you do in MW always leaves a trace.
By looking at someone's record(fights won, raid won, missions completed), i can immediately estimate how many valor is believable; how much exp is optimizedly greatest.

I never question the legitimacy of gold units. im a big spender too.(spent more than 1000 dollars to date)

but i can sense the abnormality of level, valor units and inventory items... some people can purchase advanced units without the required leveled unit building supporting it(many argue its a glitch, not hacking.); some can be 50 levels lower than me and barely fight but owns more valor units than me.(i have 941 super hornets BTW)

Just because you overlook the situation, doesnt mean it doesn't exist.

I constantly compare my record with others. someone who finished half number of missions i finished, won one tenth number of battles i won, but still 20 levels higher than me. You tell me whats the other approach to exp???

So for god's sake, stop being ignorant and loquacious, step back when you don't really understand the situation.

Im not here to turn in hackers individually. i respect them too much to do so.
I use this topic to catch devs attention and propose an in-game leaderboard.
We need a system to supervise the situation and as many players to witness as possible.
Lets face it, we can't always count on a small number of players to spot hackers, especially scumbags like me who tacitly enjoy the kickback for so long.

Wildfire
01-20-2012, 12:18 PM
zynshmilly, your taking advantage of this hacker rival has given me a disturbing idea. Suppose you're not the only one taking advantage of him, lets say your hacker has a legitimate profile on one device and his hacked profile on another, once they've found each other once on the rivals list an occasional attack will keep them visible to each other on the news feed so the legitimate account can feed at will from the hacked one.

The hacked profile is easy to spot, but only Funzio looking at server logs would realise what was up with the legitimate account and unless both devices are sitting on the same wifi access point I doubt if much could be proven.

So I think definitely hacked accounts should be reported as quickly as possible.

youj
01-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Yeah zynshmily or should I say Zhang, I agree with Wildfire. What you are doing is definitely not cool. The hacker is probably counting you for keeping it a secret between you two. You should report him, or one day Funzio may decide to label you as an accomplice.

zynshmily
01-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Wildfire, you just raised one very insightful idea.
I guess i figured out why the hacker would rather leave his character alone with my repeated robbery than spend cash on units to defend himself. He has another legitimate character who also wants to rob the "hacked character". so his fake character cannot be stronger than his real character.

So even if something would happen, only one account would get banned and the other would stay clean.

based on my inference, his real character has an attack value of 25 thousand-ish. because he always keeps his hacked character's def value at 18k.

it has been bugging me. just a couple days ago, he modified his level from 156 to 200 and threatened me "stop attacking me or i will delete all my money" .(funny use of the word "delete") it turned out he wanted to save this hacked character for his real character...

zynshmily
01-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Yeah zynshmily or should I say Zhang, I agree with Wildfire. What you are doing is definitely not cool. The hacker is probably counting you for keeping it a secret between you two. You should report him, or one day Funzio may decide to label you as an accomplice.

You have no idea how inefficient funzio supports are. i dont wanna deal with them ever again. it's not a balanced conversation. it's sending messages from the earth to the mars. you can only expect your response after it travels through light year's distance.

Plus, hackers are smarter than that. I've seen five "hacked characters", which doesn't necessarily mean there are five real players behind it.

Many of hacked characters are just abandoned "failed lab white mice". The hacker has already moved on to his new masterpiece.

i've seen one really smart hacker, mediocre level, not too exaggerated strength, but i know he's a hacker when i see what his inventory consists of.

My point is that hacker progress as well. They have gone through their "experimental stage". they now modify the game on a moderate level to avoid getting spotted.

What's the point of banning his prototype...

zynshmily
01-20-2012, 01:41 PM
if JJ's here, can you back me up here?

I've seen your comment on one hacked character's wall saying " your data doesnt add up"

Thats a lv200(whose name i can't remember.) with 1k attk/def. Only complete a couple of hundred missions, battles.

you see, i bet thats an experimental article from a rookie hacker. he clearly messed up modifying exp field.

He must have bettered his skills and moved onto an elusive character...

i didn't bother to remember the name 'cause i knew this darn well enough.

All in all, we need a "justice system" to contain the situation as much as we can't rely on heroic good deeds to catch criminals in real society...

ranking chart is one way to go. not only does it give more incentive to the players who want to climb to the top, it also increase the possibility of more "eye witness"

zynshmily
01-20-2012, 01:59 PM
wildfire. on an unrelated subject, i start to feel you are a very wise man...you come from harvard, princeton or what...

Your dice theorem on casualty issues and your logical deduction astonished and inspired me.

I see the rich creativity and imagination along with analytical ability in a grown-up man~

best regards

Wildfire
01-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Another thought all our stats must be held in Funzio's database, surely all they need do as an anti hacker move is an automatic daily snapshot comparison. Compare everybody everyday to where they were the day before and it should show up any blatant cheating straight away.

youj
01-20-2012, 02:08 PM
You have no idea how inefficient funzio supports are. i dont wanna deal with them ever again. it's not a balanced conversation. it's sending messages from the earth to the mars. you can only expect your response after it travels through light year's distance.

Plus, hackers are smarter than that. I've seen five "hacked characters", which doesn't necessarily mean there are five real players behind it.

Many of hacked characters are just abandoned "failed lab white mice". The hacker has already moved on to his new masterpiece.

i've seen one really smart hacker, mediocre level, not too exaggerated strength, but i know he's a hacker when i see what his inventory consists of.

My point is that hacker progress as well. They have gone through their "experimental stage". they now modify the game on a moderate level to avoid getting spotted.

What's the point of banning his prototype...

Most of the hack are already patched. The hacker can't simply move on to his "new masterpiece".

All you need to send to Funzio support is his username, level, country and why do u think he's cheating. You don't even need to wait for the response.

Wildfire
01-20-2012, 02:12 PM
wildfire. on an unrelated subject, i start to feel you are a very wise man...you come from harvard, princeton or what...

Your dice theorem on casualty issues and your logical deduction astonished and inspired me.

I see the rich creativity and imagination along with analytical ability in a grown-up man~

best regards

Nowhere like that, I'm from Northern Ireland, and I'm very grown up semi retired actually!

Crime City Mark
01-20-2012, 02:13 PM
We are constantly on the lookout for players cheating, and we fix the cheats and ban the offenders. If you know of someone cheating, please report them to us and we'll investigate.

That said, at huge amount of the reports we receive are people reporting legitimate players. There is also, strangely, a large number of gold spenders (legitimate spenders) who like to claim that they're hacking. Unless, of course, they've hacked Apple; but that's Apple's problem.

Hugh Bris
01-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Oh lol. Are you talking about General Insane and his 'cloaking device'?

I think he just got fed up with people robbing him. So he decided to sell off all his money buildings. He's only strong because he spend a lot of money on gold units. He has to constantly raid other people to maintain his army size.

You only get to see your own ally id in your own profile. You are not suppose to see other people's ally id.

Well I feel stupid. That's absolutely right about the ID and I've been making a really big deal about it lol. I know I've spent a LOT of money between CC and MW. A lot.

I added up the gold units in all inventory for this other player - all of it comes to 106570 gold. Divide by 1500 and you get 7100.00 spent unless my math is just wildly off. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one but I don't think it's just $710.00

I guess I could swallow that and I'm wrong about the ID but what about buildings appearing and then disappearing? It IS possible that more were built, then sold, but far fetched in my opinion. It also makes sense that someone would talk smack to fool everyone (like me!). But really? Someone has spent $7000 on this?

I don't know...I'll shut up now but I know there have been quite a few hackers with jb phones but hopefully it's dying down.

Crime City Mark
01-20-2012, 02:43 PM
It's entirely possible for someone to have spent that much. I'm not going to go into individual spending details, but if you've purchased 106570g then you've spent a little over $7k (or a lot over if you bought small packages.).

If you are concerned about an individual player please report them using the in-game contact button. You can also send us an e-mail directly at support@funzio.com, but make sure you mention which game you're talking about.

Hugh Bris
01-20-2012, 03:01 PM
I did. It does appear I was wrong though so I'll let it go and assume it's legit. I know it was looked into so that's good enough for me. Thanks!

zynshmily
01-20-2012, 03:15 PM
We are constantly on the lookout for players cheating, and we fix the cheats and ban the offenders. If you know of someone cheating, please report them to us and we'll investigate.

That said, at huge amount of the reports we receive are people reporting legitimate players. There is also, strangely, a large number of gold spenders (legitimate spenders) who like to claim that they're hacking. Unless, of course, they've hacked Apple; but that's Apple's problem.

good to know. and im impressed to see two developer's involvement in this thread.

I'm an experienced player with comprehensive understanding about this game, unlike some whining bummers.

before i conclude someones a cheater, i have ran all the possibility with the assumption of the player being a billionaire.

So you can take my words to the bank...

but im not selfless, i won't do things that sabotage my own interest; im no stickybeak, i dont meddle when it doesnt concern me.

Great job on CC and MW. really like what you guys are doing. wouldn't mind a few more features making the game more transparent and user-friendly.

OCmateo
01-20-2012, 04:20 PM
I recently was attacked by some 1 with over 60 gold units and no funzio i.d. Reason to think it was a hacker?

IamJJK
01-20-2012, 04:44 PM
That's where your wrong because they are and I've been talking to a dev about fixing it if they reply

zynshmily
01-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Most of the hack are already patched. The hacker can't simply move on to his "new masterpiece".

All you need to send to Funzio support is his username, level, country and why do u think he's cheating. You don't even need to wait for the response.

hackers are hackers because they won't stop cracking the game after one patch or another.
In a battle between Lock and Key, Lock can hardly win.
You will never hear one dares to claim their anti-theft automobile security system can never to breached. one can build up the firewall; someone equally intelligent can break it down.

also, hackers already moved on...
they are hacker themselves. they are more sensitive than anyone else. they wont stick for one second to their noticeable hacked lv1XX character because they know this character is too conspicuously cheated.
Once they realized they messed up the irreversible process, they "had moved on" before your so-called patch was even applied...

and due to my limited time and condition, i can't keep searching for characters at various level.

i address my concern speaking in favor of creation of "in-game leaderboard". The community needs to be better than individuals. We need a system to supervise and monitor the abnormality...

IamJJK
01-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Your wrong too there are still 4 or 5 hacks that I found that I'm trying to get fixed

zynshmily
01-20-2012, 04:47 PM
I recently was attacked by some 1 with over 60 gold units and no funzio i.d. Reason to think it was a hacker?

i weep for guys like you...

zynshmily
01-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Your wrong too there are still 4 or 5 hacks that I found that I'm trying to get fixed

like your style dude~
you blatantly reveal the procedure of hacking, which certainly touched a nerve of funzios.

admire your behavior. not all for it, but admirable.

zynshmily
01-20-2012, 04:52 PM

are you still working on cracking the game?

are you doing this solely to arouse funzio to block the gap?

Palmer
01-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Careful guys, The Anonymous also playing MW :p

IamJJK
01-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Well ive done this for many game crack them if that's what you wanna call it conform that its unfair then report it the game Dev's and get it patched but with Funzio they don't care they just ban me??? When I'm trying to help...

zynshmily
01-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Well ive done this for many game crack them if that's what you wanna call it conform that its unfair then report it the game Dev's and get it patched but with Funzio they don't care they just ban me??? When I'm trying to help...

you know something i dont. You achieve it based on your own intelligence while i can only throw my money away.
You play games with your brain. i play games with the money earned with my brain...

It seems fair to me...

IamJJK
01-20-2012, 05:02 PM
LOL ^.^ Well I'm about to throw this game away because if the Dev's don't care why should I? But it's all good if they don't fix it I can just have fun on my fake account :)

zynshmily
01-20-2012, 05:09 PM
LOL ^.^ Well I'm about to throw this game away because if the Dev's don't care why should I? But it's all good if they don't fix it I can just have fun on my fake account :)

maybe one day some game developing team will hire you.
many check forgers wind up working for FBI in financial fraud cases. Leonardo had a movie with a storyline like that

IamJJK
01-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Hmm I kinda like cracking the game than making a game lol

Hugh Bris
01-20-2012, 06:25 PM

No and ignore any negative comments.

The "No Funzio ID" thing was brought up by me alone and I was completely and totally wrong. Id's don't show up when you view rival's profile. I really thought I was a big spender but there are people spending 10 times that and more. So basically I've called out someone as a hacker and they totally weren't. Lesson learned for sure.

I learned a few things today that I was way off the mark about with the game and other players. There are a lot of well spoken people here and we could all be better for sharing ideas and educating...

Tanner
01-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Takes a real pair to admit you're wrong.

OCmateo
01-21-2012, 03:51 AM
I've been playing for a month...
QUOTE=zynshmily;98892]i weep for guys like you...[/QUOTE]

chuck norris
01-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Hugh has earned my utmost respect for his attitude in this thread. Very rare.

Cheers.