PDA

View Full Version : Random People Posting Codes on News Feed.

Duke.0
01-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Enough of this!

Every day i wake up in the morning check my Empire Times news feed and i see at least 5-6 people posting their codes because they just got owned by my mafia when they tried to attack/rob me. On my news feed right now, i have 6 in the last day. Every day i get about 6-7.

Here is how it looks:

YOU WON!
You were attacked by harry pits

YOU WON!
You were robbed by harry pits

harry pits posted on your wall:
933-455-600 pls join

Now if somebody posted a nice, polite message or asked to be in my mafia so they don't have to get beat up by me often, then i usually add them. (Like a user named Boss)....Or if a forum person posted a message about joining my mafia...that's fine and i'll add you.

But the random people who just keep posting their codes on my news feed, only because my mafia is strong and they can't beat me, is out of control.

Anybody else got this issue too?

Joeycool
01-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Please add me

procsyzarc
Always have I don't mind the ones who attack fail and post since i have a link to go beat them up and rob every building they own, but hate the ones who post their code but i can go and find them to attack them

Anubis
I, like many just delete those message of the profile striaght away.

That style of posting is for the levels 1-100, and it really does help build mafia but after 100 generally ppl have made their mafia choices/numbers so they just get deleted from my profile.

Joeycool
01-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Sorry duke... Couldn't resist.

Same as you... I'll add people if they leave a message, or if I know them from the forum. Or if I have been talking to them in the game.

Duke.0
01-18-2012, 03:31 PM

Same as you... I'll add people if they leave a message, or if I know them from the forum. Or if I have been talking to them in the game.

You are already in my mafia :)

And yes, i usually just delete those posts right away.

I will look @ the person, see if i recognize the name from forums, if not then i don't bother taking a second look at them. I will only usually look at the person if they left some kind of message, or i know them from forums.

If i just see a random person who posts a bunch of numbers, I hit the X and delete :D

Duke.0
01-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Always have I don't mind the ones who attack fail and post since i have a link to go beat them up and rob every building they own, but hate the ones who post their code but i can go and find them to attack them

Oh i know.
They look @ your stats and think "NO WAY, Your too strong" so they post their codes, but you can't visit their hoods or attack them.

I wish there was a way to attack a rival who posts a message only and not attempt to rob/attack you.

Tramp Stamp
01-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Now if somebody posted a nice, polite message or asked to be in my mafia so they don't have to get beat up by me often, then i usually add them.

My opinion: if you're going to attack me then try talking me into adding you in Portuguese, I expect it to be worth the effort to figure out what you're saying.

BigScal
01-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Hey Duke...Still New @ The Game But Growing

Lvl 59 and climbing.....Can I Join Ur Mafia......817-904-466?

CalaisV8
01-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Not every1 has the same name for game and forum to different things my name in crime city is different to the forum it is ••••••• it is

G Wiz
01-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Enough of this!

Every day i wake up in the morning check my Empire Times news feed and i see at least 5-6 people posting their codes because they just got owned by my mafia when they tried to attack/rob me. On my news feed right now, i have 6 in the last day. Every day i get about 6-7.

Here is how it looks:

YOU WON!

YOU WON!

933-455-600 pls join

Now if somebody posted a nice, polite message or asked to be in my mafia so they don't have to get beat up by me often, then i usually add them. (Like a user named Boss)....Or if a forum person posted a message about joining my mafia...that's fine and i'll add you.

But the random people who just keep posting their codes on my news feed, only because my mafia is strong and they can't beat me, is out of control.

Anybody else got this issue too? Sorry Duke dont get upset...please add me lol

Sorry man i know its annoying and I hate it too. people just dont get the message!

Fig Oni
01-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Just had to join in your conversation. I went in a hood a noticed this guy had all his 24 hour buildings open, so I went and hit his church maybe 30-40 time and didn't get it once.
So I went on his wall and wrote too temping not to try but I'll be back.
After about an hour and a half I got a lovely reply
"Go Fu k Yourself"
Maybe I should have done what harry pits did and typed my mafia code.

Tramp Stamp
01-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Why not put an enemy's code instead?

Cooz
01-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Enough of this!

Here is how it looks:

YOU WON!

YOU WON!

933-455-600 pls join

Anybody else got this issue too?

Your take on it is kind of funny to me, I see that as the ultimate sign of victory. He's admitting defeat, and flat-out wants nothing to do with your retaliation. Take it as a sign of fear, if not a sign of respect.

I see it as respect, cuz even if some guy is completely jacked and I see huge buildings up for robbing, I'm gonna hit it, I don't care what his numbers are. If I lose, I lose. I'd type him a message saying he's the balls, and congratulations. I don't need anyone else in my mob and I don't want to buy safety from anyone, so I'm not posting my code.

mongorie
01-18-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting Harry pits reply ..... lol
At least he didnt write something like " 3000 mafia strong all with gold weapons"
Anyway its been great the last few days because of the mission updates, lots of news feed messages every hour.

Duke.0
01-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Sorry Duke dont get upset...please add me lol

Sorry man i know its annoying and I hate it too. people just dont get the message!

I'll be glad to add you :) i said before, forum guys/girls take first priority over everybody else :D

And just so people know, i replaced the real rival's name with "harry pits" just to make a point.

And yes, i realize its a victory for me, i just don't really like reading multiple posts of "add me 555-555-555" every day.

Its really not a huge big problem, i just find it annoying every so often when i have to read that in my wall every day.

EDIT: I invited you G Wiz :)

whocareswhatmynameis
01-18-2012, 11:30 PM
i essentially have a warning to others on my wall not to post codes. this message also contains my code and a request that anyone interested can send a friend request. this seems to work most of the time. of course, in the few cases this doesn't prove to be effective, i have the delete message function available ;)

Sweet Elan
01-25-2012, 12:08 PM
957-868-332

schlumpf
01-25-2012, 12:22 PM
QED?
had the same like you qwikster, at least on modern war where the spam got annoying and i could use allies. going to post this in crime city too.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-25-2012, 12:34 PM
QED?
had the same like you qwikster, at least on modern war where the spam got annoying and i could use allies. going to post this in crime city too.

yes. the message in my wall seems to keeps most in check. there is no remedy for the few who randomly copy-paste their codes. of course, you can delete the post after the fact.

Chiefer
01-25-2012, 12:53 PM
If you can't beat them, join them. It certainly is a way to stop someone from revenging. It's like that sour patch
kids commerical lol.

It's worse when you're loosing the fights and the game algorithms fail and you have the person in your hood every
30 minutes. But that only happened once, and he disappeared when I questioned support lol. Can you log out in
someones hood and just sit there with auto lock off all day?

Max Power
01-25-2012, 02:03 PM
i essentially have a warning to others on my wall not to post codes. this message also contains my code and a request that anyone interested can send a friend request. this seems to work most of the time. of course, in the few cases this doesn't prove to be effective, i have the delete message function available ;)

This is what I do. On my main account I just don't post codes, but on my camper I do.

I'll be glad to add you :) i said before, forum guys/girls take first priority over everybody else :D

And just so people know, i replaced the real rival's name with "harry pits" just to make a point.

And yes, i realize its a victory for me, i just don't really like reading multiple posts of "add me 555-555-555" every day.

Its really not a huge big problem, i just find it annoying every so often when i have to read that in my wall every day.

EDIT: I invited you G Wiz :)

Sorry Duke dont get upset...please add me lol

Duke, GWiz and Joey, I sent a request on my camper account to you. Code name Sheik Yerbouti.

Cheers!

stixx
01-25-2012, 02:10 PM
On the other hand,
Im getting invites all the time, but I havent post my code since i was lvl 25 orso.
Im asking myself how do these guys know my cOde, there lvl varies from 40 tot 120