PDA

View Full Version : Rob Defense

white frog
01-18-2012, 04:59 AM
Does anyone know if the standards for rob defense have changed as far as how much you actually get for defense buildings and equipment stats? I built an incredible defensive hood with the idea of not getting robbed while I camp. I hadn't been successfully robbed for at least the last 4 months, and now all of a sudden I'm getting robbed like crazy! My defense from buildings alone is 2122, with a total defense of 3953. With the remaining defense not from buildings at 1831, 46 coming from my stats, my total rob defense should be around 3083, but I've been getting robbed by a guy with an attack of 1940 very consistently! I know the whole stink about defense buildings as it pertains to overall defense, but I was under the impression that they still gave you 100% stats for being robbed. Any thoughts??

Anubis
01-18-2012, 05:14 AM
Robs have always been easier to win than fights.

Its one of the things we don't really know about the game. You can succesfully Rob ppl with higher total mafia defence easily, but fighting them might cause some problems. Those game mechanics we don't really know yet.

white frog
01-18-2012, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the reply Anubis. I really don't wanna sound whinny.. I do understand that this game is about the pvp aspect, and I don't mind getting robbed, but I was under the impression (solely because of a post from Mark I read a long time ago about the effect of defense building during robberies) that if I was patient enough to put in the time and effort into upgrading defense buildings over a VERY long period of time, then there was something I could do to minimize getting robbed (mainly during my camping phases). It sure would be nice to have the answer to this (hint, hint, Mark) so I would know how to proceed since my overall goals for the last few months seem to have gone down the toilet. (just being a little pessimistic.. I do still love the game)

Max Power
01-18-2012, 06:31 AM
Tell me about it. I have over 20 level 7 and above bodyguard agencies.

I haven't touched em since that thread.

Rarelibra
01-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Tell me about it. I have over 20 level 7 and above bodyguard agencies.

I haven't touched em since that thread.

Max - the question is, can we sell all of those bodyguards and not worry about the defense? It would allow for much more room in the hood, and could build, say, missiles instead.

Anubis
01-18-2012, 08:08 AM
If you want to improve defence, start mass buying mass Gattling guns. They cost 54K, take 8hours to build but give you 25 mafia defence. Upgrading to lvl2 is a decent investment also but it obviously costs more than build cost and unlike the lvl1 gattling gun providing a true 25def, the lvl2 gun gives you a total of 38 true defence.

Maybe Funzio will change things eventually (which is why I won't sell my agencies) - most likely they will make the gold def buildings more powerful if anything, leaving the rest the way it is.

Max - the question is, can we sell all of those bodyguards and not worry about the defense? It would allow for much more room in the hood, and could build, say, missiles instead.

Just hang onto the agencies Rocko in the hope of change. How pissed would you be if they actually made a diffence and you sold them all. The other thing you could is discretely ask funzio to replace the gold and money you have spent on the agencies, but that all depends on what you thinks goingto happen in the future. Funzio change things all the time.

blondealex
01-18-2012, 08:24 AM
I haven't read the post from Mark about def buildings. However, from my experience robbing and being robbed I will put in my $.02. As for robbing you need to have a def of double what whoever is trying to rob you. Having less than half but still higher will result in them failing to rob you on some hits and being able to rob you on some hits (resulting in the red/green/red/green on your news, I hate that). Fighting is a total wildcard. I have been able to win against people with much higher def than my atk, but only if their atk is small (most def from buildings), but sometimes results in losses so makes me wonder if total def # comes into play randomly.