PDA

View Full Version : youj's Gold-less, Valour-less(ish) Guide to Success

youj
01-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Recently there's a lot of complaints about unit causalities about MW. If you think unit causality is affecting you so much that you cannot play MW anymore, then YOU ARE PLAYING IT WRONG.

The number 1 priority for playing MW is economy. You should always prioritize economy first before anything else(attack & defence). As long as your income per hour increases, you are getting stronger in the game, no matter how bad your attack and defence are. This means always upgrading money buildings, upgrade vault, save money & build for a new money building. DON'T UPGRADE UNIT BUILDING UNLESS YOU NEED TO.

Now that you got all 3 timers going, and you have a bit of money left. Pour that money into defence. Remember this, quantity always > quality. This means always buy the next cheapest defence unit you can buy. If you are low level, loot Desert Solders. If you are a little rich and you already have 3 timers going get engineers. Always max your allowed army size with full defence units. If you can have 100 units, get 100 engineers. If you can have 1000 units, get 1000 engineers.

After you got all the engineers you need, then start getting Medics and gradually increasing your defence and your army quality.

NEVER BUY EXPENSIVE UNITS. If you can have 200 units, and you have 100 engineers, and then you got 250k laying around. Do not buy the Pavelow Helicopter! Even if it looks cool and shiny, it's not worth it! Buy more engineers!

If you feel like MW isn't fun if you just play full defence, then I agree. BUT, you should always have max out defence units before attacking. Same rule also apply for attack as with defence. Start with Desert Leader, work your way up to Ranger, then Sniper.

When attacking, make sure you ARE NOT BRING YOUR DEFENCE UNITS TO BATTLE. Engineers are bad at fighting! Ideally, you should have max out attack units too. i.e. 200 rangers. So if any of them dies you only lose $2000 each as oppose to $4000 each for engineers.

What to do with your valour points you saved up from attacking? I suggest buying the best valour defence unit you can buy. Right now, I'm getting the M270 MLRS.

The priorities for playing this game is Economy > Defence > Attack. Economy to keep you moving forward, defence to prevent people from attacking you (Most people don't want to fight high defence players, even if they are 3x stronger), attack for fun. Buy cheap units to minimize unit casualty cost. If you got all this down, you would find your profile stats gets better everyday.

JMC
01-18-2012, 12:50 AM
I like my strategy better :). With your strategy your going to stay fairly low stats unless you keep on replacing your entire army with stronger units. Which in the long run will take a lot longer and cost a lot more.

Though with the current casualty rate i do take pretty big losses, but its not going to be like this forever.

There is something i noticed though. I was bored and i did some calculations on excel. According to my findings i am about 1500-2000 higher in stats than i should be. I noticed that when i fight i lose pvp loot items that are far too weak to be in my top 1800 units. I then noticed that my stats were increasing slightly when i was getting these units, even though they are supposed to be too weak to be part of my army. Im assuming that a percentage of the stat of pvp loot gets added to your stats regardless and they are used in battle outside of the actual units that you take to battle. Right now they are giving me a couple thousand extra atk and def and serving as good cannon fodder.

Currently the weakest unit i should be bringing into battle is the border gunship at 5 atk 5 def. However, i very often lose tree snipers (3a 0d), trafficker gunmen (5a 4d), satellite trucks (1a 5d) and battle tanks (3a 4d). I even lose snipers (5a 3d) which i shouldn't be able to take into battle. So my conclusion is that PvP loot items contribute to your stats regardless and are used in battle without taking up any of the slots (in my case 1800 units max) for other units.

youj
01-18-2012, 03:29 PM
I like my strategy better :). With your strategy your going to stay fairly low stats unless you keep on replacing your entire army with stronger units. Which in the long run will take a lot longer and cost a lot more.

Though with the current casualty rate i do take pretty big losses, but its not going to be like this forever.

There is something i noticed though. I was bored and i did some calculations on excel. According to my findings i am about 1500-2000 higher in stats than i should be. I noticed that when i fight i lose pvp loot items that are far too weak to be in my top 1800 units. I then noticed that my stats were increasing slightly when i was getting these units, even though they are supposed to be too weak to be part of my army. Im assuming that a percentage of the stat of pvp loot gets added to your stats regardless and they are used in battle outside of the actual units that you take to battle. Right now they are giving me a couple thousand extra atk and def and serving as good cannon fodder.

Currently the weakest unit i should be bringing into battle is the border gunship at 5 atk 5 def. However, i very often lose tree snipers (3a 0d), trafficker gunmen (5a 4d), satellite trucks (1a 5d) and battle tanks (3a 4d). I even lose snipers (5a 3d) which i shouldn't be able to take into battle. So my conclusion is that PvP loot items contribute to your stats regardless and are used in battle without taking up any of the slots (in my case 1800 units max) for other units.

Your strategy might have worked when we started playing the game (There's not a lot of people). I think if you play your strategy from the beginning now, I don't know if it will be that effective.

My strategy, however, will work in any kind of situation =).

Have you accounted for your nation bonus? You know, not all of your units fought in battle are actually shown on the battle result screen. It only show the top 48 type of units.

Wildfire
01-18-2012, 04:48 PM
The issue as I see it is this, many of us were using the high value valor units to boost our attack and defense strength. We chose to do this based on how then game had been playing for weeks, knowing by picking upponents carefully these units were pretty much safe. Last weekend's changes mean that I for example today lost a stealth frigate and a warthog against a player a fifth of my strength. I'd lose nearly all my valor units quickly if I keep attacking.

Had the game been configured a few weeks ago as it is now I'd not have gone for the high valor units but for many more of the lower valor units, my building strategy would have been different over a long period of time. The problem is I and many others are sitting now with literally hundreds of high valor units that we can't afford to lose at the rate we currently lose them. We wouldn't have bought them at all had we known the game was going to change this way. For the same valor points I'd have 4 combat boats where I have 1 stealth frigate and I bet in the same attack today I'd only have lost one of these and the warthog not 4 and a warthog.

So if it stays as it is I expect players to have lower overall attack and defense strengths in a few weeks time with a strategy more like yours youj, but from where I'm sitting this won't protect you as well as JMC's did in the past.

With such a drastic change as we've had to losses in battle the fair option would have been to announce it and give players 1 chance to reallocate their existing valor units by turning them all back into valor points and letting them re-buy units with them.

JMC
01-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Your strategy might have worked when we started playing the game (There's not a lot of people). I think if you play your strategy from the beginning now, I don't know if it will be that effective.

My strategy, however, will work in any kind of situation =).

Have you accounted for your nation bonus? You know, not all of your units fought in battle are actually shown on the battle result screen. It only show the top 48 type of units.

Yes i included my nation bonuses in all calculations and i should be at around 27000 each.

youj
01-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Yes i included my nation bonuses in all calculations and i should be at around 27000 each.

Attack points? Aha!

hussien amer
01-25-2012, 02:22 PM
pgease. add me to your mafia
ehabe_2010@hotmail.com
hussien amer

modalgvr
02-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Hello youj, you stated When attacking, make sure you ARE NOT BRING YOUR DEFENCE UNITS TO BATTLE. Engineers are bad at fighting!", could you plese explin me how to choose the unit you want for ttack or defense? Thanks

JackoV
02-05-2012, 02:46 AM
Hello youj, you stated When attacking, make sure you ARE NOT BRING YOUR DEFENCE UNITS TO BATTLE. Engineers are bad at fighting!", could you plese explin me how to choose the unit you want for ttack or defense? Thanks

You cant choose it.

He meant; get high enough attack power so the ''system'' doenst put your engineers infront.
If you can deploy maximum 100 units... and you have lets say.. 100 engineers (attack 1 / defence 4) and no more units

when you go offence.. your attack is 100 x 1 = 100 attack..
when you defend.. your defence is 100 x 4 = 400 defence!

If you attack now.. you bring your defence unit into battle because you dont have any other xD.. and these are the engineers.. if they die = you lose 4k each unit

but if you had 100 rangers.. (they have 2 attack and 1 defence..)
So when you go offence::: the system takes your best offensive units into battle!! and those are the rangers!
your attackpoint is 100 x 2 = 200 attack!

So your engineers dont go into battle.. besides if you lose a unit.. you lose => 2k each unit instead 4k with the engineers + lower attack

ANYWAY... my strategy is buy gold units LoL.

If you cant buy gold units.. go for economy.

About the increase $/h...

Dont go for supply depot 10.. yes it increases your $/h like WHOA!... I believe lvl 10 increases your $/h with 36k. But cmon.. are you really collecting your money every 5minutes?? If yes.. do it! if not.. it depends when you get online.. and upgrade that building which you collect the most! that will give you the most money...

people which only say increase $/h = bull****.. as you can read above... :)

But I think they also mean what I just told above :p right?

JMC
02-05-2012, 08:01 AM
I got level 10 supply depots just to have level 10 buildings. 👍

[][][][][]

JackoV
02-05-2012, 08:21 AM
I got level 10 supply depots just to have level 10 buildings. 

[][][][][]

hehehe :p

I bet they dont give you **** load of money each day. xD
When im so far.. I will sure get lvl 10 supply depot too. ''just to have lvl 10 building'' =)

/edit unless your iphone is jailbreaked and your auto-collecting o.o /haxxxxxx :p

j/k :)

JMC
02-05-2012, 01:17 PM
they give a decent amount, i check my phone pretty often.

ewan
04-09-2012, 12:13 AM
hello l have a problem with my units l have bought 3 sea scouts that have 3attack and 17defence and when l go to attack someone they are not in my units that l used and they were the best thing l had but l have noticed that other players that have bought this item can use it but l cant l have tried almost everything and need help.

StuN
04-09-2012, 12:46 AM
You need to be more specific. What lvl are you & how many allies do you have, what units is it taking into battle?

Coolio
04-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Hi youj. I read your advice post months ago and abided by it and it was great advice. At that time I was a new player. Now I'm at level 67 with a £253k per hour stat thanks to you. I have one gripe. I asked you to add me 150892864. You didn't. Fair enough. I also asked private posted you. You didn't respond. So while I appreciated, respected and followed your advice (no doubt against the disgust of gold players) I found you to be rather rude not to have at least replied to me. Your choice my friend. Many thanks again for your advice. Keep it coming :-)

Bronson
04-09-2012, 01:11 AM
hello l have a problem with my units l have bought 3 sea scouts that have 3attack and 17defence and when l go to attack someone they are not in my units that l used and they were the best thing l had but l have noticed that other players that have bought this item can use it but l cant l have tried almost everything and need help.

Your attack and defense units get split - so when you are attacked you will use your best defense units (which you cant see) and when you attack you take your highest attck units with you.

You probably have better units to attack with than your sea scouts as these have 3 attack and you DONT want to be taking these to battle any way.

youj
04-09-2012, 01:48 PM
I asked you to add me 150892864. You didn't. Fair enough. I also asked private posted you. You didn't respond. So while I appreciated, respected and followed your advice (no doubt against the disgust of gold players) I found you to be rather rude not to have at least replied to me. Your choice my friend. Many thanks again for your advice. Keep it coming :-)

Aha, sorry I don't login to the forum often enough to check my private messages. (most of time I just read the forum without logging in) By the time I do see them, they are already 1-2 weeks old, and by then I just feel bad about replying so late.

As for adding players, because I started the game so early and posted my code to other people to add. Some people spammed my code all over the internet for modern war add sites. Now I constantly get random add requests. It got so bad to one point where I had 3000 add requests, at which point I just couldn't find anyone in that 3000 list that I want to add. So now unless I get a request from someone that is close to my level ~ 105ish, I just deny the request.

Sorry for ignoring you, I've sent you an add request. =)

ewan
04-10-2012, 11:24 PM
lvl 36 got 3 allies units im taking into battle are
1 professional raider 22 attack 15 defense
1 raider's boat 18 attack 12 defense
8 avenger's 12 attack 10 defense
1 heavy bomber 9 attack 7 defense
1 heavy tank 9 attack 9 defense

Rayda
12-31-2012, 10:24 AM
I am using almost exactly the opposite to your strategy with what I consider plenty of success.

I am level 70, with an alliance of 165, an attack of 21.4k and defence of 17.8k. Been playing for 180 days which makes me a newbie?

What I set out to do was NOT to max out my economy. It is now 110379 per hour but thats partly because I ran out of other things to build. I put all my building effort into troops bonus buildings. I can make more money raiding/attacking then i could if built up my economy.

I've never been farmed because I dont have anything worth raiding on a periodic basis. I might successfully raided once a month. The most I've been raided for is $300k. A side effect of building my attack troops is a reasonable defence which at my level is sufficient to stop 99% of any attackers anyway.

I generally buy expensive troops but not the most expensive. My goal is to get my attack as high as possible so I can raid anyone, which I pretty much can. Not spent any gold either.

I'm pleased I didnt follow your guide but it looks like plenty of other players have. Those players are refer to as farms :)

HGF69
12-31-2012, 11:06 AM
I am using almost exactly the opposite to your strategy with what I consider plenty of success.

I am level 70, with an alliance of 165, an attack of 21.4k and defence of 17.8k. Been playing for 180 days which makes me a newbie?

What I set out to do was NOT to max out my economy. It is now 110379 per hour but thats partly because I ran out of other things to build. I put all my building effort into troops bonus buildings. I can make more money raiding/attacking then i could if built up my economy.

I've never been farmed because I dont have anything worth raiding on a periodic basis. I might successfully raided once a month. The most I've been raided for is $300k. A side effect of building my attack troops is a reasonable defence which at my level is sufficient to stop 99% of any attackers anyway.

I generally buy expensive troops but not the most expensive. My goal is to get my attack as high as possible so I can raid anyone, which I pretty much can. Not spent any gold either.

I'm pleased I didnt follow your guide but it looks like plenty of other players have. Those players are refer to as farms :)

Youre correct. Long term you have to buy big to level up, I could buy 1000 medics now but it wouldn't changed my stats one bit.

Baraka
12-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Too many long paragraphs. My head hurts.

chimera69
12-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Nice necro - this thread was over 8 months old.

Thief
12-31-2012, 02:39 PM

What i got out of this is #1 You are Semi-Camping for 6 months as you are only lvl 70....but Not to increase your IPH? The reason you aren't increasing your economy is so that no one raids you? Yet your Defense is strong enough to stop 99% of all players? Sounds to me you aren't factoring in the most important component of this game...time. By the way i'm sure i'm a juicy Farming Target for you....lvl 72 in game Thief if your feel inclined (you'll have to go max allies though)

#2 you posted on something from 8 Months ago.

Rayda
01-05-2013, 05:07 AM
Responded because the thread is on a sticky. If its 8 months old and no longer relevant then I guess it ought to be removed the sticky?

chimera69
01-05-2013, 07:08 AM
Responded because the thread is on a sticky. If its 8 months old and no longer relevant then I guess it ought to be removed the sticky?

This thread is within the OP of the MW FAQ's stickied thread because it's essentially a reference tool containing info on one style of play. That thread contains loads of good links to other such threads of the past. The idea behind it all is to provide a one-stop shop, so to speak, where new & long-time players can look things up first or be refered to by other forumites to obtain more details on key topics. Tends to make things more efficient for everyone.

To necro an 8 month old thread just to continue the conversation (which is what you did) is kinda pointless. The party came & went a long time ago, no reason to join in on something that's no longer there. Heck, many of the folks in that old thread aren't even around the forums anymore.

If you (or anyone else) has questions or comments about topics not currently being discussed, a couple of the best places to post them would be in at the end of that stickied thread or the 'general tips...' stickied thread. Formunites respond to questions there every day. Or, start a thread yourself to ask a question or delve into a topic that interests you. These ways are much more relavant & up to date than pulling out an old thread. You'll also find folks will be more apt to converse this way.

By all means ask, question, contribute, & discuss. Please just keep it in the here & now.

Rayda
01-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Ok, fair enough.

One a different topic, I tried to create a thread in General but couldnt. Is it because I'm a forum noob or been banned, or... ?

All the best...

chimera69
01-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Ok, fair enough.

One a different topic, I tried to create a thread in General but couldnt. Is it because I'm a forum noob or been banned, or... ?

All the best...

You have to have made 10 posts before you're allowed to start a thread of your own.

Rayda
01-10-2013, 04:57 PM
You have to have made 10 posts before you're allowed to start a thread of your own.

ok thanks.

How does one report problems though? I was trying to avoid creating a support ticket (not that I know how to do that either) until I checked something is really up.

Hero of Time
01-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Don't necro threads.

Hero of Time
01-10-2013, 06:02 PM
This thread is within the OP of the MW FAQ's stickied thread because it's essentially a reference tool containing info on one style of play. That thread contains loads of good links to other such threads of the past. The idea behind it all is to provide a one-stop shop, so to speak, where new & long-time players can look things up first or be refered to by other forumites to obtain more details on key topics. Tends to make things more efficient for everyone.

To necro an 8 month old thread just to continue the conversation (which is what you did) is kinda pointless. The party came & went a long time ago, no reason to join in on something that's no longer there. Heck, many of the folks in that old thread aren't even around the forums anymore.

If you (or anyone else) has questions or comments about topics not currently being discussed, a couple of the best places to post them would be in at the end of that stickied thread or the 'general tips...' stickied thread. Formunites respond to questions there every day. Or, start a thread yourself to ask a question or delve into a topic that interests you. These ways are much more relavant & up to date than pulling out an old thread. You'll also find folks will be more apt to converse this way.

By all means ask, question, contribute, & discuss. Please just keep it in the here & now.

Did you really have to make a whole essay explaining that the thread is in the OP of a stickied thread?