PDA

View Full Version : How much $ you spent on this game???

Twinkie
01-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Just wondering how much money you guys spent on this game. I seen people with crazy weapons, very nice hood with nice money making buildings. They gotta spend 100, 200, even 1000+.

Personally I spent 20. Not gonna spend anymore. I loveeee cherry blossom, so I got that, and the ice cream store, and chicken and waffles restaurant. The rest I spent on the mass carnage gun. This was way back when I was like lv 40 or something, didn't know about the M4A1 guns. Otherwise I would've saved my gold for more nicer buildings. Wish I have saved for the wedding chapel:(

DCjG
01-17-2012, 06:29 PM
$0

I like to know what I'm paying for. With BG agencies giving a fraction of the stated worth and other unknowns, I'm holding out. I think I'd spend about $10 though if I knew what I was actually getting in return.

I have a love/hate with funzio. It unplayable on the iPad 1 and a joy on the iPad 2. I like some of the gold items but it's annoying knowing that someone with thousands to drop will be in an untouchable position. I would like it if someone who spent very little money in game could still compete at the top with enough time spent hitting that goal.

Pluto
01-17-2012, 06:53 PM
I think I spent $5 and got 2 ice cream stores and 2 smoke shops. Seemed like a good investment for how much revenue they produce. I've really slowed down at level 88 right now as I didn't upgrade the right buildings early to generate a good hourly income. I now TOTALLY understand the "leveling up too fast" theory. :D
I -LOVE- Twinkies btw. ;)

Rarelibra
01-17-2012, 06:57 PM
This is a long-standing discussion in the game. Sometimes it is the subject of demeaning comments or jealousy, other times it is the subject of almost religious-style attacks and denial.

Look, life is like this... people have $$ and wish to spend it. That's it. If I spend a couple hundred towards cigarettes, no one is the wiser and judges. If I spend a couple hundred on a game, well - then people get mad, say things, act judgmental. Jeez. It's like owning a Pinto and chastizing someone driving a Porsche. If you love that Pinto, drive it like it's stolen. If not, why drive it? Work yourself to a position to buy the Porsche. But don't be a hater.

In the end, it is all fiat currency anyway - do you all realize that? It is nothing, made from thin air. Numbers in a database, x's and o's. Nada.

Pluto
01-17-2012, 07:01 PM
This is a long-standing discussion in the game. Sometimes it is the subject of demeaning comments or jealousy, other times it is the subject of almost religious-style attacks and denial.

Look, life is like this... people have $$ and wish to spend it. That's it. If I spend a couple hundred towards cigarettes, no one is the wiser and judges. If I spend a couple hundred on a game, well - then people get mad, say things, act judgmental. Jeez. It's like owning a Pinto and chastizing someone driving a Porsche. If you love that Pinto, drive it like it's stolen. If not, why drive it? Work yourself to a position to buy the Porsche. But don't be a hater.

In the end, it is all fiat currency anyway - do you all realize that? It is nothing, made from thin air. Numbers in a database, x's and o's. Nada.

Wow! You really took to the defence. There hasn't been a negative thing said in THIS post about spending money on the game. Clearly you have taken an emotional stand on this topic. LOL!

Tramp Stamp
01-17-2012, 07:02 PM
$0

I'm not against the idea but I wanted to see how far I could push growing a competitive economy versus players who had an advantage in both time and gold.

I -LOVE- Twinkies btw. ;)

Better get 'em fast; Hostess declared bankruptcy again.

Rarelibra
01-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Wow! You really took to the defence. There hasn't been a negative thing said in THIS post about spending money on the game. Clearly you have taken an emotional stand on this topic. LOL!

LOL - sorry, dude, but not emotion. What does it matter, anyway? Why compare - and to what?

There are some on here that have spent thousands... including some involved in the big war. So what. The only winner there is Funzio.

J.J.
01-17-2012, 07:19 PM
$250 total over the past 6 months, but $100 of that was "free" b/c it was from itunes gift cards I got as gifts.

Pluto
01-17-2012, 07:20 PM
There are always the few (ok, A LOT) who like to brag about how much they have accomplished WITHOUT spending any money. They are usually the same ones who cry when they are beat up by someone who DID spend money.
I spent $5 on Crime City and I am happy. I spent $125 on Modern War and I am MOSTLY happy... Funzio needs to work a few things out. :)
End result... I could have played BOTH of these games a lot smarter and be a lot wealthier/stronger. I've learned along the way. As you said, money spent or not, it only matters to he/she who spent it

Rarelibra
01-17-2012, 07:25 PM
There are always the few (ok, A LOT) who like to brag about how much they have accomplished WITHOUT spending any money. They are usually the same ones who cry when they are beat up by someone who DID spend money.
I spent $5 on Crime City and I am happy. I spent $125 on Modern War and I am MOSTLY happy... Funzio needs to work a few things out. :)
End result... I could have played BOTH of these games a lot smarter and be a lot wealthier/stronger. I've learned along the way. As you said, money spent or not, it only matters to he/she who spent it

Now that is one game (Modern War) that I would NEVER spend money on. You constantly lose what you try to build (I know, gold units are indestructible - ever wonder why?).

DCjG
01-17-2012, 07:28 PM
It's all relative. On the one hand you might justify the amount spent vs. other apps. On the other, you might treat it like an entertainment budget in Vegas.

Durantular
01-18-2012, 12:06 AM

U mad?

You seem like someone who has spent hundreds and are as a whole, unhappy about what you see your money turn to. Either a greater economy or a stronger CC character capable of retrieving fake money off another persons character.

When it comes down to it, CC is a free game where gold gives an advantage. Sometimes significant, but I think mostly just to gain that extra 'edge'.

I've never spent a cent on this game, but I spose I intend to. Im lvl 110 and have an hourly income of 85k p/h, but like the look of the chappels, taverns and rock cafes.

I play this just as much as my ps3, so why not fork out $20-$50?

BTW - I think $50 is max. People like yourself may try to drag out the argument of a car or whatever, but look, we don't start life with a FREE car which we are able to upgrade with money (ALA crime city + gold). And it IS just an APP from the app store, a FREE app. At the most, for games from the store, the average person is probably tentative to pay over $5 for an app unless it promises to be unreal. Hence - It justifys people suggesting others who have spent $100's on crime city are either ill or addicted - BADLY.

I see both sides of the arguement. But I don't see the side of those who blow a lot of money, irrespective of their relative incomes and lifestyles.

xclusiv
01-18-2012, 12:08 AM
ive spent around about 20 bucks total.

TemplarX
01-18-2012, 12:31 AM
I have 2 Questions:
1) Durantular, how did you get your income to $85k/h without spending gold? You must have spent a lot of time with lots of patience upgrading lofts etc? I am finding it a struggle pushing the $40k/h limit without gold.
Anyone else with good advise?

2) For gold buildings, if there is 1 building that is worth the bang for the buck, what would it be? I am eyeing the Pirate Tavern at lvl 113 with 110 gold... that looks like a game-changer to me, but the upgrades beyond level 2 doesnt look attractive. And it would involve a lot of app downloads from tapjoy to get that amount of gold so I may spend my first real $$ (or fiat currency as Rarelibra would have it) to speed up the process. Again any suggestions?

Durantular
01-18-2012, 12:45 AM
I have 2 Questions:
1) Durantular, how did you get your income to $85k/h without spending gold? You must have spent a lot of time with lots of patience upgrading lofts etc? I am finding it a struggle pushing the $40k/h limit without gold.

2) For gold buildings, if there is 1 building that is worth the bang for the buck, what would it be? I am eyeing the Pirate Tavern at lvl 113 with 110 gold... that looks like a game-changer to me, but the upgrades beyond level 2 doesnt look attractive. And it would involve a lot of app downloads from tapjoy to get that amount of gold so I may spend my first real $$ (or fiat currency as Rarelibra would have it) to speed up the process. Again any suggestions?

Started with the basics - Houses to lvl 10 straight away. Pawn shops, courts, warehouses and gunshops - All easy, guaranteed collection times. Italian restaurants and barbershops, followed. I always make sure I have something upgrading at all times, it's been that way for like 60 days now lol.

Laundromats should creep to lvl 10 when you're out of cash from upgrading, and getting $826 every 5 minutes helps a lot. Then come cinemas and lofts - upgraded to lvl 2 ASAP. Internet companies and brownstones for their easy collection times.. Soon enough you're making a lot, to get domincans to lvl 4, brownstones and internets to lvl 2, upscale clubs.. Then a few random buildings to fill out the space. I've currently got my lofts on lvl 5 and cinemas on 6.

OH and by the way - I DON'T buy weapons or complete the job list. I'm currently doing the job on the 2nd last map, 5x325 energy for 60-115k.

Edit: I don't have any defence buildings either. I figure I'll get broken into anyway. I collect my buildings on time so it's not of any real concern.

xclusiv
01-18-2012, 12:46 AM
I have 2 Questions:

income wise my favourite gold building atm is the pirate tavern i enjoy the shorter duration payouts

Durantular
01-18-2012, 12:58 AM
income wise my favourite gold building atm is the pirate tavern i enjoy the shorter duration payouts

Does it get robbed once per day though? I tend to favour 12 and 24 hour buildings. Though I'd definately take an 8 hour building over a 6 - any day.

TemplarX
01-18-2012, 01:11 AM
OH and by the way - I DON'T buy weapons or complete the job list. I'm currently doing the job on the 2nd last map, 5x325 energy for 60-115k.
Edit: I don't have any defence buildings either. I figure I'll get broken into anyway. I collect my buildings on time so it's not of any real concern.
I just sent you a friend request...would like to have a look at your hood if its ok. And what do you mean you have no weapons??

tutescont1987
01-18-2012, 01:21 AM
drugs online kenya generic yearly calendar drugs jail zyrtec dosage in children by weight (http://www.bestdrugsworld.com/zyrtec-buy-online-198.html) buy generic zolpidem pills you can smoke drugs online store generic synthroid spotting (http://www.bestdrugsworld.com/synthroid-buy-online-2959.html) pills names generic cost adderall xr drugs 101 what parents need to know principen 500 mg capsule (http://www.bestdrugsworld.com/ampicillin-buy-online-5424.html) generic cost for zoloft generic drugs good buy generic kamagra online allegra 120 mg (http://www.bestdrugsworld.com/allegra-buy-online-148.html) generic for actos pills z c 16 pharma industry trends paxil dosage in anxiety (http://www.bestdrugsworld.com/paxil-buy-online-170.html) pills valium buy generic propecia generic for effexor generic tegaserod maleate (http://www.bestdrugsworld.com/zelnorm-buy-online-835.html) generic 1284.4 printing support generic statins generic drugs define methotrexate canada (http://www.bestdrugsworld.com/methotrexate-buy-online-4560.html) medications used to treat bipolar disorder generic drugs for cholesterol pills 4 u paroxetine hydrochloride 10 mg (http://www.bestdrugsworld.com/paxil-buy-online-170.html) generic cost cozaar generic entocort pharma times buy azithromycin no prescription online (http://www.bestdrugsworld.com/zithromax-buy-online-192.html) generic xanax pictures generic drugs united states buy generic ambien online no prescription tegaserod non (http://www.bestdrugsworld.com/zelnorm-buy-online-835.html) pharm 4 all coupon code generic 802.11b driver generic z-pak

BBz
01-18-2012, 01:34 AM
110 gold... And I waited for a sale too buy that....

I don't thinking will be buying more.

mexx
01-18-2012, 01:46 AM
i spend over €uro 150,- ($ 200,-) in this game.
this is the reason, why i don´t like cheater or hacker.

Supermaneil
01-18-2012, 04:31 AM
I spent $100 a week for 2 mos now. Just to show my support to the devs and keep the game going. But still im not that strong. Lol.

Dillinja
01-18-2012, 04:53 AM
spent 0 on the game, i just loot all the money i need...isnt that the point of the game!

Max Power
01-18-2012, 04:56 AM
U mad?

You seem like someone who has spent hundreds and are as a whole, unhappy about what you see your money turn to. Either a greater economy or a stronger CC character capable of retrieving fake money off another persons character.

That's kinda funny. Your are doing EXACTLY what he is talking about.

I found Rocko's response very fair and unemotional, especially compared to the responses this debate often brings up.

Durantular
01-18-2012, 05:02 AM
That's kinda funny. Your are doing EXACTLY what he is talking about.

I found Rocko's response very fair and unemotional, especially compared to the responses this debate often brings up.

And just how am I unhappy about doing what he has supposedly done? I havn't spent a cent. You found it unemotional? He's basically raging.

faridurr
01-18-2012, 06:03 AM
$0 for some reason I can't justify spending real money to play a game… but that's just me

Rarelibra
01-18-2012, 06:05 AM
And just how am I unhappy about doing what he has supposedly done? I havn't spent a cent. You found it unemotional? He's basically raging.

dude... LOL... raging? Save that for the gym.

BigCheese
01-18-2012, 06:09 AM
oh rarelibra u been visiting me lately :P

Max Power
01-18-2012, 06:11 AM

If you think that is raging, you have lived a very sheltered life....LOL!

Rarelibra
01-18-2012, 06:14 AM
If you think that is raging, you have lived a very sheltered life....LOL!

Yeah - he hasn't even seen me in Infantry mode. ;)

heath4pack
01-18-2012, 06:14 AM
$0.00 and not a cent more

Max Power
01-18-2012, 06:19 AM
Yeah - he hasn't even seen me in Infantry mode. ;)

BEAST MODE!

Twinkie
01-18-2012, 06:28 AM
Lol, not meaning to start a war on this topic between you guys. I believe strongly that if you have money to spend, and this is something you enjoy, then by all means spend it. Isn't there people who play World of Warcraft, my cousin plays that, that spend crazy amount of money? It's a form of entertainment, and all entertainment, usually cost money. If you have a good paying job, wouldn't mind dropping a few hundred on a game, build a kicka$$ hood, and beat everyone, then good for you!! Everyone splurge on things they enjoy, I personally LOVE handbags and shoes, that may seem "stupid" to anyone else.

It just start to get wicked annoying when someone brag "ohhh, I make 500K per hour in my hood, you're a loser, you only make 20K". It's because they spent REAL money to buy gold, for wedding chapels, rock cafes, pirate taverns, etc. that generate crazy amount of money. Do they not realize that they spend REAL money, to generate FAKE money??? I rather have 20K real money in my real bank account, than 1 billion fake money in a game. Who's the loser now????

Durantular
01-18-2012, 07:00 AM
I love that I've gotten under the skin of a few over-spenders :D

Laugh it off ladies ;)

Anubis
01-18-2012, 07:33 AM
I've spent 3x 1500 gold, 1x 650 gold, and maybe 5-6x 50 gold.

I had one little regret because one of the 1500 golds I used to make 95M from pirate taverns and looking back I could of used the money better, otherwise no regreats. There is nothingelse in the game I will want to need to buy and even though its in a smaller period of time I played FFXI for 6years, spending £720 in total. It still comes out as a standing order from my account but I know at some point after the burnout lowers I will return to it.

Either Pirate Tavern or Gent club.

Pirate tavern lvl1 at 110gold provides $330,000 a day (8hour pick ups)
Gent club, where you should be able to pick up 100% costs 150gold for $396,000

If its the onlything your going to spend gold on I'd go Pirate Taven as they are around 30% cheaper in gold, available at a much lower level, and give you the ingame financial boost you need earlier.

Anubis
01-18-2012, 07:39 AM
RE spending RM on gold,

It is all up to the individual. Some people have taken the game way to far in my opinion - Payam for example has spent well over $10,000 on the game to put him in invincibility mode. All he does now is bully and trash talk his rivals to give him entertainment anda 'god' feeling in the game.

Its a hard topic because the game itself is relitively simple compared to a proper MMO's like WOW, RIFT, and FFXI. Its all dependant on age (your not going to be spending RL money on gold if your at school/college), your RL income, how much you enjoy the game, and if your stupid or not >.> (talking ppl who have spent in the thousands of $$ there).

Rarelibra
01-18-2012, 07:53 AM
Twinkie - bringing up WOW is an excellent point. People pay maintenance or access fees monthly for years for a game. It all adds up.

Durantular - keep up the ego pump. At least something gets a workout today.

BBz
01-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Twinkie - bringing up WOW is an excellent point. People pay maintenance or access fees monthly for years for a game. It all adds up.

Durantular - keep up the ego pump. At least something gets a workout today.

Durantular makes a lot more sence than the drivel that spills from your mouth...

Rarelibra
01-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Durantular makes a lot more sence than the drivel that spills from your mouth...

http://www.spellcheck.net/

BBz
01-18-2012, 10:42 AM
http://www.spellcheck.net/

Does my paying no attention 2 so spellin and grammar upset you?

Rarelibra
01-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Does my paying no attention 2 so spellin and grammar upset you?

Nope.

Just pointing out the obvious implication to rational inattention.

procsyzarc
01-18-2012, 01:13 PM
I've never spent a cent on this game, but I spose I intend to. Im lvl 110 and have an hourly income of 85k p/h, but like the look of the chappels, taverns and rock cafes.

To be fair you are counting L10 Laudry mats so your income is more likely 50k per hour really since I highly doubt you actually collect more than 10% of them.

For me I have spent $150 and will probaly spend either and extra $10 to top up my remaining bars for a palm hotel or $125 to get 50 bodygaurd aggencies.

Some times i regret it but to be honest compared to other crap I have blown money on it is chump change, wasted $10,000 on a spa pool we don't use that sits at one of our rental houses, $5000 on a projecter I have used for 3 hours over the last 3 years, $10,000's on golf clubs and equipment I don't use. So although it feels like such a waste spending $200 or so on an aplication it is nothing compared to other crap waste money on and unless you are poor there is only so much you can buy before it just sits in your bank account and your kids or grand kids end up with it

Tramp Stamp
01-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Combined Tycoon income from 2 level 10 Laundromats is $9,900/hr.

procsyzarc
01-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Combined Tycoon income from 2 level 10 Laundromats is $9,900/hr.

Whoops my bad was mutiplying by 24 beacause I count mine as real collectable income per day.

So his income is more like $76k per hour then

Max Power
01-18-2012, 01:56 PM
I love that I've gotten under the skin of a few over-spenders :D

Laugh it off ladies ;)

Don't flatter yourself. You really aren't that important.

Dorian Gray
01-18-2012, 01:59 PM
$100

All my gold has and will go toward buildings as I level up, maybe a few decorations.

CalaisV8
01-18-2012, 02:03 PM
I have spent properly 70 dollars on thic game which is nothing compared to my r/c hobby over 5 thousand in 1 year 2 1/5 scale mc tyres cost $110 dollars and go through a set every 2-3 weeks pay for what you get I suppose.

Max Power
01-18-2012, 02:34 PM
I have spent properly 70 dollars on thic game which is nothing compared to my r/c hobby over 5 thousand in 1 year 2 1/5 scale mc tyres cost $110 dollars and go through a set every 2-3 weeks pay for what you get I suppose.

My hobby is 1/1 scale cars. I restored a 69 Mustang fastback last summer to the tune of 20K....LOL!

Damn expensive hobbies.

Rarelibra
01-18-2012, 02:53 PM
My hobby is 1/1 scale cars. I restored a 69 Mustang fastback last summer to the tune of 20K....LOL!

Damn expensive hobbies.

1/1 scale - :)

wish I had me a 1/1 scale '70 Mopar... but I dropped a few k on tuning my car up to stage IV... like I said, we all do what we want to do.

Some people spend time thinking of the next moniker they will use after they get banned.

CalaisV8
01-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Yeah a "RUSTANG" they all need overhauling did I mention my "passion" for V8s? I guess not but I have three of them. A hobby and passion are totally separate.

Dorian Gray
01-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Some people spend time thinking of the next moniker they will use after they get banned.

HA HA Good one!

Some people already have a whole list of them prepared I'm guessing.

BigScal
01-18-2012, 05:11 PM
$20 For Now But I See That Going Up After These 12 Beers Are Done.......:p

Durantular
01-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Yeh I'd probably net 70k once you take out the robbed 3hrs buildings. But I'm sitting pretty.

If the two I were arguing with can't see my point, or obviously can and have chosen to ignore it and focus on acting silly with each other because I suggested you were mad, then all the best to you and please, PLEASE spend more on the game. If it keeps it running for me to play it free, then heck, you're doing me a favour ;)

BBz speaks the truth.

Cooz
01-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Just wondering how much money you guys spent on this game.

Why? Are you doing market research or something?

TemplarX
01-18-2012, 08:41 PM
I see the good $$ I could spend to reward Funzio for producing a good game, but I like the challenge to see how far I can go without spending real $$. After all, if one does spend $$, the sky would be the limit. To me the challenge and the fun is to go the mile without using real juice.

As it is, I think my character is almost 'optimal' for a non-gold spender, but I am finding it tough to compete at level 111 without spending a dime.

Reichertc2011
01-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Ummm well, might wanna sit down for this... $ive spent in the ball park range of $1,200 mabey couple hundred more, would have to add up all my email recites.