PDA

View Full Version : mafia size: 499

whocareswhatmynameis
01-17-2012, 04:19 PM
ever since the new quest missions were added, a new and interesting phenomenon has occurred: many players in my rival list have 499 mafia size (or close to that). i know a few in the forum have wrote about this, but i wanted to start a thread to get a sense of what forum members think about the new development and whether this really helps players from being attacked? my personal observation has been that i tend to ignore anyone with less than 500 mafia size as i go through my rival list during PvPs, so the strategy must be effective. is that the consensus of the forum?

Dorian Gray
01-17-2012, 04:34 PM
I make sure I hit the 499ers at least once before I move on, just for spite. lol

I'm staying above 500. If I want to be able to find people to attack that have 500 or more, it only seems right that I leave myself out on that ledge as well. Of course I'm not getting attacked that much more, that might not be the same for others.

helpme
01-17-2012, 04:37 PM
I love to rob them. Rob them off their laundromats since they are cowards.

Babytway
01-17-2012, 04:50 PM
yah that 499 mafia crap is purely for suckas and cowards,

DCjG
01-17-2012, 04:51 PM
I get "attacked" less having dropped one but I seem to have a lot of spite robberies these days from folks I don't recognize. They hit all my worthless 1 and 3 hour buildings despite losing half the attempts. This, of course, clogs my log so I don't seem to be doing any better with my news list.

Going to up it back up to 500. My original reason for dropping one was to have a more persistent log of robbers to revenge hit so my goal has failed. I blame my decent defense and people's general stupidity. I guess they think it pisses me off or something. In reality I just laugh at it and wonder what possesses one to be so inefficient with stamina. I suppose I robbed someone's big money building once and they persuaded all their e-thug friends to gang up on me. Too bad for them all the real money is synced up. :)

schnuffler
01-17-2012, 04:59 PM
I make SURE I attack them if they have 499 or even just 498. If they are above the level of my current hitman goal level, I hit them till they are too beaten up to hit any more. Sure it's nice to be working on two goals at the same time, but I'm not attacking people any more than I did before the goals came up. So, 498 or 499 mafia is just like having an extra big target painted on your head!

DCjG
01-17-2012, 05:07 PM
I make SURE I attack them if they have 499 or even just 498. If they are above the level of my current hitman goal level, I hit them till they are too beaten up to hit any more. Sure it's nice to be working on two goals at the same time, but I'm not attacking people any more than I did before the goals came up. So, 498 or 499 mafia is just like having an extra big target painted on your head!

My question to you is how many failures does it take before you quit? I have idiots that clearly spend an entire bar of stamina on me and get little to nothing in return. They can't pull off an attack anyway so they resort to robbing worthless buildings just to spam my log. It's quite comical really.

If I fail once... Kudos to you and I'm off to better things.

k0de
01-17-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm not usually the type to involve myself in shenanigans, but anyone lame enough to do this deserves to see their plan backfire in the most epic fashion. Unintended Consequences ftw! If only I could be around to see it when the best laid plans fall apart....

Lager
01-17-2012, 05:33 PM
I've never added more mafia members then I could use for the level I'm at. I just didn't see any point in adding mafia just to have them but now I'm thinking about the point Dorian made above.

I need those peeps with 500+ mafia to complete goals so even though I'm at lvl83 I guess I should add more mafia to provide the same chance that I'm looking for from others.

Yes I've seen a lot of 499 hoods lately but I'm seeing a bunch of empty hoods too. Many more then I used to see.

G Wiz
01-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Yea I have also scaled down my mafia size a while back when we were talking about the high levels that were able to see you, but the whole 499 thing is pretty clever when you think about it, though cowardice.

Im pretty sure there are quests at lower levels that dont require 500 to be attacked yet, so maybe theyre still getting served?

Lager
01-17-2012, 05:54 PM
I guess it depends how much attacking a player has done. Some players just aren't into attacking /robbing. You can see it in their stats and they are always the weakest players on their level.

Even though I'm only on lvl83 and can only use 415 mafia, I need those 500+ players to finish these new goals.

schnuffler
01-17-2012, 06:06 PM
My question to you is how many failures does it take before you quit? I have idiots that clearly spend an entire bar of stamina on me and get little to nothing in return. They can't pull off an attack anyway so they resort to robbing worthless buildings just to spam my log. It's quite comical really.

Ideally, I would visit someone's hood and check out their stats before attacking them. However, I'm a bit too time-poor (or lazy) to do this, so I I tend to attack people once and see what their defence score is and whether I win or lose. If my attack is lower than their defence (say, by more than 500 or so), I move on. Otherwise I hit again, even if I have lost. Knowing that their defence is lower than my attack gives me confidence I should win. The unknown factor here is of course how many skill points they have invested in defence. If I lose three times in a row to someone whos defence is lower than my attack, I figure they must have invested more skill points in defence than I have in attack. That would be unusual given that I have 90+ attack skill points. All in all, losing a few fights when I fight 200+ fights a day is no big deal. I don't even mind the occasional person against whom I lose every second fight if it helps toward achieving a goal.

DCjG
01-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Hardly cowardice when only about 5% of the population can launch a successful attack in the first place. I suppose for some it could be but you could say the same for anyone building defense or camping or anything else in this game... Its a tactical move. I say the man with 100k defense is the bigger "coward" in this respect. Sounds foolish, no?

And its hardly a well hatched plan that was foiled... I dropped a couple members and now I'll likely add a couple back. I was spammed before as I am still so it's a reactionary tactic that didn't pan out. Worth a shot to try out for a day or two though. I suspect many will mob up again after the initial rush is over in a few days.

If this game teaches anything, it's to be patient. You guys act like you should be able to complete all goals the instant they're in your log. If you're level X and underpowered perhaps you shouldn't have an easy time completing it. I haven't had any issues finding anyone up through 116 that I can hit for these goals but I'm also decently strong for my level.

Now my Econ blows but that's another topic all together. :)

DCjG
01-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Ideally, I would visit someone's hood and check out their stats before attacking them. However, I'm a bit too time-poor (or lazy) to do this, so I I tend to attack people once and see what their defence score is and whether I win or lose. If my attack is lower than their defence (say, by more than 500 or so), I move on. Otherwise I hit again, even if I have lost. Knowing that their defence is lower than my attack gives me confidence I should win. The unknown factor here is of course how many skill points they have invested in defence. If I lose three times in a row to someone whos defence is lower than my attack, I figure they must have invested more skill points in defence than I have in attack. That would be unusual given that I have 90+ attack skill points. All in all, losing a few fights when I fight 200+ fights a day is no big deal. I don't even mind the occasional person against whom I lose every second fight if it helps toward achieving a goal.

This is logical and smart so you're definitely not the one of the idiots making a fool of themselves on my news feed. ;)

martMode
01-17-2012, 06:30 PM
it can be called a strategy... however, it would probably be a little fairer if the '499' players cannot do the Thug Life rounds as they do not have 500 to begin with.

DCjG
01-17-2012, 06:32 PM
it can be called a strategy... however, it would probably be a little fairer if the '499' players cannot do the Thug Life rounds as they do not have 500 to begin with.

I'd support that. I'd want it stated in the goal though. Heaven forbid we have to get the forum team to figure out why some would get credit and others wouldn't. ;)

whocareswhatmynameis
01-18-2012, 07:49 AM
I make SURE I attack them if they have 499 or even just 498.

seems to me that may not be in your best interest. would it not be best to attack only 500+ rivals to get maximum RPs?

mongorie
01-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Its getting out of hand... take a look:
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg596/mongorie/7694bcd5.jpg
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg596/mongorie/b0804ff2.jpg

Sooner or later we can kiss goodbye to completing those missions if every selfish person keeps slimming down to 499 mafia

Easiest fix would be make it so you cannot delete mafia??

Tramp Stamp
01-19-2012, 08:58 PM
That or create an incentive for having 500+.

DCjG
01-19-2012, 09:08 PM

I like that idea even more.

I upped back up over 500 and I get attacked a lot more again. The loss of being able to take revenge on my robbers is compensated by the psychological high of a wall of failed attacks on me. C'est la vie.

mongorie
01-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Only thing we can do for the time being is rally up and 10 slap anyone who has 499 mafia.

jckftyh
01-19-2012, 09:13 PM
I include been here reading on the side of fro an hour
Use, abuse of Internet pharmacies Study finds physicians need increased awareness Search Results for losartan and hydrochlorothiazide (HYZAAR) (http://hyzaar.kyoungheekwon.net/) ... generic lithium carbonate), drugs used to treat bipolar (manic/depressive) disorder. Providing free, peer-reviewed, accurate and independent data on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines & natural products.

G'evening

Synergy
01-19-2012, 11:24 PM

That's probably the best idea. In my experience most of the 499 players are weaker and just trying to avoid getting hit for goals obviously. It pisses me off sometimes when I check out like 3 or 4 people in a row and they're all at 499. I end up getting mad and hitting anyways cuz it still counts for Hardcore Hitmen goals. Anyways it's a ***** move in my opinion.

Cooz
01-20-2012, 04:01 AM

Maybe they don't have anyone better to attack. It's not a streak goal, it's cumulative wins, so the fact they may lose here and there doesn't really matter.

While I don't typically waste my stamina with people who drop down to 499, I'm really glad to hear people use that as an incentive to rob them. I'd much rather be attacked than robbed (especially when it's obvious why so many people are now attacking), especially blindly so they can't see my hood. If I attack someone blindly I'll win 97 times out of 100, and in the off-chance I lose, I move on. If I see someone with 499, though, I'll check out their hood. If there's something I like, I rob it. So those people who think they're clever by dropping down one member are actually worse off than if they just had one more guy and dealt with being attacked.

helpme
01-20-2012, 04:40 AM
Even ANUBIS at level 128 with 31kA/31kD has 499 mafia but of course he continues to attack 500+ mafia and of course much lower level than him. For my part I now exclusively rob 499 Mafia mobs unless they have money which I can take attacking. I don't rob anyone with mafia size 500-510 - even if I could - and congratulate them on their wall for their courage. Hitting somebody with 499 mafia and 10 $0 wins is a waste of stamina. Lvl 114

Max Power
01-20-2012, 04:47 AM
The easiest fix would be for people with 499 mob, their rival list won't display anyone with 500+ mob. See how they like that.

Cooz
01-20-2012, 05:38 AM
Even ANUBIS at level 128 with 31kA/31kD has 499 mafia but of course he continues to attack 500+ mafia and of course much lower level than him. For my part I now exclusively rob 499 Mafia mobs unless they have money which I can take attacking. I don't rob anyone with mafia size 500-510 - even if I could - and congratulate them on their wall for their courage. Hitting somebody with 499 mafia and 10 $0 wins is a waste of stamina. Lvl 114

I'll take the rp that comes with Thug Life completions over in-game cash any day.

Besides, with the stats Anubis has, I really don't think he's too concerned with what level he attacks; whomever has 500 on the fight list is who he fights. That's what I do.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-20-2012, 06:49 AM
The easiest fix would be for people with 499 mob, their rival list won't display anyone with 500+ mob. See how they like that.

that seems to be a sensible solution worth considering especially if the situation deteriorates to a point one can not proceed with quest missions for lack of 500+ players.

Anubis
01-20-2012, 07:49 AM
I'll take the rp that comes with Thug Life completions over in-game cash any day.

Besides, with the stats Anubis has, I really don't think he's too concerned with what level he attacks; whomever has 500 on the fight list is who he fights. That's what I do.

I have 499 for one single reason only.

I'm Payam and his cronies number 1 target (their over lvl170). If they want to beat me up all day, thats fine, but their not gonna be adding towards their Thug life goals. Otherwise I'd be at 500.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-20-2012, 07:52 AM
I have 499 for one single reason only.

I'm Payam and his cronies number 1 target (their over lvl170). If they want to beat me up all day, thats fine, but their not gonna be adding towards their Thug life goals. Otherwise I'd be at 500.

i thought noodles was Payam #1 enemy. how is the epic battle between HL players going? we haven't heard about that in the forum for a while.

Anubis
01-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Its not really an epic battle. He wins 100% of the time because he spent over $10,000 on gold. He likes to post on everyones wall how many times he has whacked his various enemies that is starting to piss ppl off.

He is his own worst enemy.

He has 2 buddies, Rik and Peanutt. Everyone else with half a brain sees through his stupidity. He might be winning the fights, but in a way he is losing the war because so many ppl are starting to dislike him and his attitude.

He hates me because I use the english language to make him look bad and silly for the amount of money he spent on the app. It anger him so much I am now his number1 target. In a win/loss sence no-one can compete with Payam unless they spend 10K on the game (which will never happen lol) so he is winning the PVP's but his opinion rating is going lower day by day

Dillinja
01-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Its not really an epic battle. He wins 100% of the time because he spent over $10,000 on gold.

I know he spent quite a bit on this game but 10K???? You know what they say about a fool and his money....
On topic, I can see both sides of the argument. The one thing that pees me off is that due to the new missions, idiots who blind attack and lose are clogging up my news feed and taking away the few people that i like to rob

Twinkie
01-20-2012, 10:03 AM
So frustrating to see players with 499. They're like toying with you. I don't want to waste my stamina and not get credit for Thug Life goals. I just moved on. Argggg.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-21-2012, 05:45 AM
So frustrating to see players with 499. They're like toying with you. I don't want to waste my stamina and not get credit for Thug Life goals. I just moved on. Argggg.

True. But if you are on Hardcore Hitman challenge, you can still hit 499ers and get credit!

Alba Zev
01-21-2012, 07:25 AM
I was told that you are only allowed to have 500 mafia, I know you can have alot more then that but what is the correct limit???

madawgg
01-21-2012, 07:25 AM
lol even if i want to do that...i just can't coz i have 1700 mafia and it would be hell lot of effort to scale down my mafia...

whocareswhatmynameis
01-21-2012, 03:25 PM
I was told that you are only allowed to have 500 mafia, I know you can have alot more then that but what is the correct limit???

500 is the number of mafia you can bring to a fight even though you could have more members. this is true for players at level 100 and above. if below level 100, the maximum number you can use is calculated by multiplying level to 5, e.g., if you are at level 50, you can use 50*5=250 members for PvP.

K@le
01-21-2012, 06:12 PM
I have 499 maffia.

I had a few months after i started 1600+ mob friends, then i scaled down to 250 because that was tactical the best thing to do and get out of sight of people who could use there full 500.
Then funzio comes with an update and all 500 mob users can see people with 200 mobs so everybody is adding members again and why should i add more then 500 and not use 499 to be not so much attacked by 30-40 lvls higher ?
I do know that people of my level hardly attack me succesfull, but that 30-40 lvl higher people are attacking all night and day long and loosing me 1 million on explosive in 2 days.
Thats not where i bought them for, if funzio corrects that 30 lvl difference i will add 1 extra member !
For now it is working for me and it will stay this way.

P.S. am i the only 1 here who have 499 i see maybe 100 people a day who are at 499 but here nobody writes they have it only Anubis does....

KoolB
01-21-2012, 07:32 PM
I don't have 499 Mafia... yet...
I have only 440 something and climbing fast... I was at 100 less than a month back...
I think its an extremely good idea to have 499 members after the new quests... ppl who think otherwise should request Funzio to have a new decoration... a Bullseye Target... and put one in the centre of their hood...

It amazes me how an otherwise rational (mostly) set of guys become so clueless while discussing mob size...
having a larger mob size is not a clever idea because it puts you at a distinct disadvantage... just like completing the story is not a clever idea... just like levelling up fast is not a clever idea...
yes these are all things that you eventually aim to do... nobody plans to be stuck at level 5 with 3 mafia members and mugging Carmen Riviera all their life...
but you move up when you want to... not when the ppl who are unable to find you on their rivals list want you to...

and cowards... !!! poof !!! the word you ppl are looking for are intelligent...

J.J.
01-21-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm no 499er, I take my beatings with pride lol.

Being a 499er is disrespectful to the thug life. This guy is rolling over in his grave right now & thinking "CC is full of p_ssies."

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JTJ2i6wj77g/SMvBM93pk7I/AAAAAAAAAmI/VDeggqMBjrQ/s400/2pac_-_All_Eyez_On_Me.jpg

BBz
01-21-2012, 08:03 PM

Being a 499er is disrespectful to the thug life. This guy is rolling over in his grave right now & thinking "CC is full of p_ssies."

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JTJ2i6wj77g/SMvBM93pk7I/AAAAAAAAAmI/VDeggqMBjrQ/s400/2pac_-_All_Eyez_On_Me.jpg

........ Ha that's gold

DCjG
01-21-2012, 08:17 PM

All eyez on someone anyway...

Tramp Stamp
01-21-2012, 08:18 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JTJ2i6wj77g/SMvBM93pk7I/AAAAAAAAAmI/VDeggqMBjrQ/s400/2pac_-_All_Eyez_On_Me.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JTJ2i6wj77g/SMvBM93pk7I/AAAAAAAAAmI/VDeggqMBjrQ/s400/2pac_-_All_Eyez_On_Me.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JTJ2i6wj77g/SMvBM93pk7I/AAAAAAAAAmI/VDeggqMBjrQ/s400/2pac_-_All_Eyez_On_Me.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JTJ2i6wj77g/SMvBM93pk7I/AAAAAAAAAmI/VDeggqMBjrQ/s400/2pac_-_All_Eyez_On_Me.jpg

Max Power
01-22-2012, 05:36 AM
I have 499 maffia.

I had a few months after i started 1600+ mob friends, then i scaled down to 250 because that was tactical the best thing to do and get out of sight of people who could use there full 500.
Then funzio comes with an update and all 500 mob users can see people with 200 mobs so everybody is adding members again and why should i add more then 500 and not use 499 to be not so much attacked by 30-40 lvls higher ?
I do know that people of my level hardly attack me succesfull, but that 30-40 lvl higher people are attacking all night and day long and loosing me 1 million on explosive in 2 days.
Thats not where i bought them for, if funzio corrects that 30 lvl difference i will add 1 extra member !
For now it is working for me and it will stay this way.

P.S. am i the only 1 here who have 499 i see maybe 100 people a day who are at 499 but here nobody writes they have it only Anubis does....

Others do it too. First, defensive explosives are a lousy idea. Why do you have them if you can't afford to lose them?

Other than that, what's the harm in people attacking you. Bank your money and take your licks.

I still think the game should prevent anyone with 499 mob from seeing anyone with 500+ mob on their rival lists. Maybe they should get a taste of their own medicine.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JTJ2i6wj77g/SMvBM93pk7I/AAAAAAAAAmI/VDeggqMBjrQ/s400/2pac_-_All_Eyez_On_Me.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JTJ2i6wj77g/SMvBM93pk7I/AAAAAAAAAmI/VDeggqMBjrQ/s400/2pac_-_All_Eyez_On_Me.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JTJ2i6wj77g/SMvBM93pk7I/AAAAAAAAAmI/VDeggqMBjrQ/s400/2pac_-_All_Eyez_On_Me.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JTJ2i6wj77g/SMvBM93pk7I/AAAAAAAAAmI/VDeggqMBjrQ/s400/2pac_-_All_Eyez_On_Me.jpg

Isn't that a 4Pac? Or is it 8Pac?

Alba Zev
01-22-2012, 06:25 AM
Well I had over 4000 mafia members and would add anyone who would ask to join. But a couple of players got a little ticked off. so now I am scaling down alot of my mafia, which will probably tick off alot of newbies. Can not please everyone.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-22-2012, 06:27 AM
Well I had over 4000 mafia members and would add anyone who would ask to join. But a couple of players got a little ticked off.

why would anyone be angry at you for having 4000+ mafia size?

Alba Zev
01-22-2012, 06:56 AM
why would anyone be angry at you for having 4000+ mafia size?

Who really knows said after 500 I could attack them if they were in my mafia???

whocareswhatmynameis
01-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Who really knows said after 500 I could attack them if they were in my mafia???

oh, ok. i get it now.

per CC Mark, the number is actually 1000. once you pass that threshold, you can see your friends in the rival list (and attack).

Alba Zev
01-22-2012, 07:09 AM
CC Mark ?? Well I'll just cut back to below that number then.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-22-2012, 07:12 AM
CC Mark ??

he works for FUNZIO (developer): profile (http://www.funzio.com/forum/member.php?4-Crime-City-Mark)

Tramp Stamp
01-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Isn't that a 4Pac? Or is it 8Pac?

It's 2^4 = 16Pac. His most known hits are "Strictly 40 My N.I.G.G.A.Z." and "128 Eyes On Me".

Vile Lynn
01-22-2012, 02:59 PM
I have 499, so what?

During this new CC order, I've had 500+ a few times for a several hours & get attacked waaaaaay more times than at 499, messing up the news with 1 win, 1 loss, 1 win, 1 loss, etc... 1 player 15+ enteries, come on now, all that from a desperate lvl127. (I just turned 110) Makes me lol.
A few HLs can get through my defenses, but with 499 they hit me one time... w 500, I get hit 5-10x.

So call us 499's names, like coward, whatever, sticks & stones.
Awesome how much the 499 thang has p!ssed players off.

Max Power
01-22-2012, 06:57 PM
I have 499, so what?

During this new CC order, I've had 500+ a few times for a several hours & get attacked waaaaaay more times than at 499, messing up the news with 1 win, 1 loss, 1 win, 1 loss, etc... 1 player 15+ enteries, come on now, all that from a desperate lvl127. (I just turned 110) Makes me lol.
A few HLs can get through my defenses, but with 499 they hit me one time... w 500, I get hit 5-10x.

So call us 499's names, like coward, whatever, sticks & stones.
Awesome how much the 499 thang has p!ssed players off.

Not pissed, but how would you like it if everybody else did it?

dudeman
01-22-2012, 11:27 PM
I just found a real piece of work.

499 with an empty hood at level 129.

It's **** like this... Exactly the type of thing that makes you want to say fuuuuuuuuuuuck this! Sell everything and adopt that strategy too. People can obviously make it well into the game with this douchebag strategy, and people who waste time and cash building and upgrading get shafted by these people all the time, so why waste your time?

Don't spout that old "there's no wrong way to play" bull**** line. People talk about the balance of the game all the time, and that one sided strategy that gives no chance for revenge is not balance. And don't try to tell me what the game is called. I know it's called crime city, but with the topic of balance being such an issue, you would think that this type of thing would get addressed too.

Ghost818
01-23-2012, 01:55 AM
oh, ok. i get it now.

per CC Mark, the number is actually 1000. once you pass that threshold, you can see your friends in the rival list (and attack).

thats not true.

I have seen my friends in my rivals list and have also been attacked by my friends (specifically Koj@k no offence ofcourse) he lost cause my defence is at its peak for now (level 121 with 26K+ def)

But i find that dumb, if I add someone into my friends list i would expect not to see them in my rivals and not even show up in theirs.

Cotechinho
01-23-2012, 02:57 AM
Why is it limited to only 500 over level 100?? Surely after say level 110, they can increase in by 5 and so on..

I just thin k its a bit stupid...

dudeman
01-23-2012, 03:22 AM
Why is it limited to only 500 over level 100?? Surely after say level 110, they can increase in by 5 and so on..

I just thin k its a bit stupid...

With the new fight goals, increasing max usable mafia size seem like a good next step. Maybe they would then reintroduce winning streak goals.

And maybe then there would be no reason to worry about 499 mobs because the entire reason for reducing to 499 would be nullified.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-23-2012, 04:56 AM
thats not true.

I have seen my friends in my rivals list and have also been attacked by my friends (specifically Koj@k no offence ofcourse) he lost cause my defence is at its peak for now (level 121 with 26K+ def)

what's your mafia size? you should be 1000+.

your friend, Koj@k, most probably has 1000+ mafia. that's why he can attack you as he can find you in his rival list.

But i find that dumb, if I add someone into my friends list i would expect not to see them in my rivals and not even show up in theirs.

i'm with you on that. however, the other side of the argument is, if you have too many friends, you won't have enough people in your rival list to fight/rob. this must have been especially true when the game was first introduced.

Swifty
01-23-2012, 05:29 AM
I have 1000+ mafia and do not see any friends on my rival list.

Is that because I am too low level at 82?

COHagan23
01-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Personally, I find a strategic reason for adding mafia past 500 - to make it easier to find good targets to steal from. Essentially I use my mafia as a filter for my rivals list. Whenever I visit a crap hood with nothing worth robbing I send them a mafia request or leave my code. Of course, from time to time I weed out players that I have long since leveled past but that's to make managing the list easier not to avoid attacks.

For what it's worth, I never see anyone in my rivals list more than (+/-) 2 levels from me regardless of their mafia size anyway. And I've never been attacked by anyone more than (+/-) 2 levels of me either. Does this change significantly at high levels? I'm at 86 right now.