PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on explosives...............

BBz
01-17-2012, 12:10 PM
I see weapons and equipment as explosives. Just as a different type....... They are Type B.

Type B . ...........Type B never get used up and they are permenent.... the more you get and more you upgrage them, the less % it adds too your defence and attack depending on upgrade. For example you have level 5 aug type B explosive and you upgrade too a level 9 M4 A1 explosive Type B...............you only get a % of the attack/defence actually stated on screen.... M4 Type B Explosive onscreen stats = 20A but it only adds +13 attack because its being upgraded from a level 5 Type B Aug 7A 6D.............

My advise is to just build the highest teir Type B explosives off the bat....... E.G As soon as you can start farming m4a1s for an instant level top teir type b m4 a1 20A 22D upgrade from junkyard do it...... no stat points deducted type b onscreen stats...............

As for Type A explosives who cares about them..... Only users with Type B inadequacy issues... thats who...........................

Twinkie
01-17-2012, 12:25 PM
I dont use any :cool:

BBz
01-17-2012, 12:39 PM
I dont use any :cool:

Above is the spam bot ignore........:P

Twinkie
01-17-2012, 12:41 PM
uh....ok. Dont know what a spam bot is, but hey, whatever you think. :D

BBz
01-17-2012, 12:44 PM
What programing language do you use? Who wrote you? For what hack?

Amber_
01-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Don't act stupid and rude to the new members hatter...
Welcome Twinkie!

G Wiz
01-17-2012, 05:19 PM
madhatter whats your prob man?

G Wiz
01-17-2012, 05:22 PM
btw twinkie, madhatter is this guy that used to troll and flame a lot. He got some temp bans, created new a new alias then got permanently banned and is now BBz

k0de
01-17-2012, 06:32 PM
uh....ok. Dont know what a spam bot is, but hey, whatever you think. :D

Makes sense. Who in their right mind would design a spam bot to be self-aware? To do such a thing would swiftly bring about the apocalypse. It would all end in tears.

But explosives are great for blowing **** up. Sure they aren't everyone's cup of tea, which is fine. The way I see it, bringing 500 more weapons than my opponent seems a more advantageous position than bringing 500 fewer weapons. After all, I'd never dream of turning up with, say, no guns.

I mean, what sort of two-bit outfit doesn't bring any guns? I can just imagine the rival gang leader, struggling to suppress tears of laughter. He finally gathers his composure to address the leader of the travelling circus which are to be the days opponent.

"I got just one question for you..."

His opposite number stares back at him, emotionless and unflinching. Finally, the head of the inexplicably gun-deficient rival mob motions for him to proceed. The boss draws a deep breath, and then through the extreme tension and deafening silence of the pre-war atmosphere, he puts his question to his opponent.

"So... how many M4A1 you got?"

As the howls of uncontrollable laughter erupted from the opposite camp, a sudden sense of inadequacy began to filter through the lightly armed troops, as well as the indignation of being the laughingstock of the underworld.

CalaisV8
01-19-2012, 12:49 PM
I buy time bombs lots of em

BBz
01-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Makes sense. Who in their right mind would design a spam bot to be self-aware? To do such a thing would swiftly bring about the apocalypse. It would all end in tears.

But explosives are great for blowing **** up. Sure they aren't everyone's cup of tea, which is fine. The way I see it, bringing 500 more weapons than my opponent seems a more advantageous position than bringing 500 fewer weapons. After all, I'd never dream of turning up with, say, no guns.

I mean, what sort of two-bit outfit doesn't bring any guns? I can just imagine the rival gang leader, struggling to suppress tears of laughter. He finally gathers his composure to address the leader of the travelling circus which are to be the days opponent.

"I got just one question for you..."

His opposite number stares back at him, emotionless and unflinching. Finally, the head of the inexplicably gun-deficient rival mob motions for him to proceed. The boss draws a deep breath, and then through the extreme tension and deafening silence of the pre-war atmosphere, he puts his question to his opponent.

"So... how many M4A1 you got?"

As the howls of uncontrollable laughter erupted from the opposite camp, a sudden sense of inadequacy began to filter through the lightly armed troops, as well as the indignation of being the laughingstock of the underworld.

That is amazing..............................

Crime City Mark sticky this thread please

CalaisV8
01-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Just bought some napalm x4 see how they go

BBz
01-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Just bought some napalm x4 see how they go

To be honest i know knothing about explosives mate.... I don't use them....... They any good lol?

CalaisV8
01-19-2012, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=BBz;97608]To be honest i know knothing about explosives mate.... I don't use them....... They any good lol?[/QUOTE
Well economical wise no but to have the edge when being attacked or stuffing a consistent attacker and there winning streaks yes!

BBz
01-19-2012, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=BBz;97608]To be honest i know knothing about explosives mate.... I don't use them....... They any good lol?[/QUOTE
Well economical wise no but to have the edge when being attacked or stuffing a consistent attacker and there winning streaks yes!

Dont need them yet..... I rarely lose or get robbed...... and im really enjoying the moment........It wont last for ever.... or will it :P

CalaisV8
01-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Depends on levels I guess if u farm m4a1 like it says at the bottom off ur post then maybe not 110+ they come in handy when u least expect it. LOL

BBz
01-19-2012, 02:08 PM
im level 103 and yes i do like m4z

CalaisV8
01-19-2012, 02:12 PM
LOL good choice best loot item around. But am using energy to complete game.tried a few times to farm it with not much luck.

Amber_
01-19-2012, 02:31 PM
I was very negative about explosives when it first came, but I stock up on them now. My view on it, is that you don't have to even think about it until you've fully equipped your mafia (with an exception for cars maybe). You have to have a stable economy, you shouldn't really buy explosives instead of something else.
I stock up on hand-, frag- and anthrax grenades, which is all for attack only. Defense expl. aren't really worth it imo, you just wake up the next morning with all of them gone. You can easily lose 100k in worth of explosives over a night. With attack expl. you have more control.

So I guess it depends on where you're at in the game. When you have 20k+ in attack, it's getting harder and harder to raise your stats. That's when explosives come in handy.
This is just my point of view, maybe others think differently.

CalaisV8
01-19-2012, 02:49 PM
50k here come 500 Molotovz

Amber_
01-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Really want one of those Mac's with a built-in dishwasher, how do I pay? Do you take credit card..?

K@le
01-19-2012, 03:56 PM
I was very negative about explosives when it first came, but I stock up on them now. My view on it, is that you don't have to even think about it until you've fully equipped your mafia (with an exception for cars maybe). You have to have a stable economy, you shouldn't really buy explosives instead of something else.
I stock up on hand-, frag- and anthrax grenades, which is all for attack only. Defense expl. aren't really worth it imo, you just wake up the next morning with all of them gone. You can easily lose 100k in worth of explosives over a night. With attack expl. you have more control.

So I guess it depends on where you're at in the game. When you have 20k+ in attack, it's getting harder and harder to raise your stats. That's when explosives come in handy.

The other day when all the attackings started, all high levels where attacking the lower lvls and i lost in 2 days over 1 million of explosives, dont buy defend explosives at this moment, it is crazy how hard they burn away...

Duke.0
01-19-2012, 04:05 PM

I like offensive explosives (anthrax and frag) and i stock up on them when i loose some. You can control their usage, unlike the defense explosives. I agree with you Amber.

Anubis
01-19-2012, 04:10 PM

f your economy can support them, then go for it - they add nice advantages. For example if you inthe mid-range to strong for your level buyimg up 500 Smoke bombs. and keepingthemtopped up add 1K to your mafia defence.

The at ones you have more control over although im a little pised thatI have 31.5K att but if I PVP anyone with 20K mafia defendce+ I can and do lose them. I tested out it was due to maybe mafia's with high profile defence but thats not the reason. I'd like to know why I lose my anthrax and Napalm during easy wins.

It is maybe somethingthat the update sorts out? I have yet to get that update.

Anubis
01-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Even at lvl 126 500 smokebombs add 4% to my total defence and they are very cheap. Payam likes to stagger his atacks on me for some reason (even though max is 10/2-3hour). Against a $10,000 gold buyer def explosives will get eaten, but against the normal (un-obsessed) player base, if your mid-strong the smoke bombs will help as along as your econ supports the stock up.

Amber_
01-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Really want one of those Mac's with a built-in dishwasher, how do I pay? Do you take credit card..?
I guess this makes no sense now when they deleted the spam post lol

The at ones you have more control over although im a little pised thatI have 31.5K att but if I PVP anyone with 20K mafia defendce+ I can and do lose them. I tested out it was due to maybe mafia's with high profile defence but thats not the reason. I'd like to know why I lose my anthrax and Napalm during easy wins.

It is maybe somethingthat the update sorts out? I have yet to get that update.

Yeah this is soo frustrating! You shouldn't LOSE explosives if you WIN the fight! Especially not against someone with like 5-10k less defense than your attack.

BigCheese
01-20-2012, 08:18 AM
hey think it from another point of view. u bring bomb to battlefield, toss it to enemy bunker and its gone whether the enemy is dead or injured.

Anubis
01-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Yeah this is soo frustrating! You shouldn't LOSE explosives if you WIN the fight! Especially not against someone with like 5-10k less defense than your attack.

This is one thing that is really annoying me atm. It means I have to target ppl with 10K less mafia defence to my att, which obviously means fighting ppl 10-20 levels below me. If it wasn't for this I could happily fight players 10-15 levels above me.

Ohaithere
01-22-2012, 02:55 AM
So at level 70 I have 8000 attack, I have 250 mafia but can get 100 more, at my level the highest def people normally have is like 6000-7000 so I have no problem winning fights.

If I as to buy enough anthrax to kit out all my mob members it would at another 3000-4000 attack, if I was like 12000 attack vs people up to 7000 def would I ever lose explosives? If so it seems like quite a good investment, thoughts?

Thanks

AppleMacGuy
01-22-2012, 03:52 AM

Totally agree with all of this. My initial experience was identical - that they were just an out and out cash drain...I think I got throught 100K worth in less than 2 days lol! You defintely have to figure at which point in the game they are right for you...the best rule of thumb to use is that if you find your being bled dry overnight then it ain't time yet :p

FWIW, I'm level 162 and I only started stocking up last week...done wonders for my stats :D Hardly getting attacked now...(cue the onslaught lol!).

Kind of a tip here...and might not suit all styles of player...but I don't use any (or very, very little) of my economy income to buy them...instead I've been pushing all income from robberies to purchase explosives...started at the cheapest ones and progressively working up. There is kind of a great satisfaction in knowing that your Rival's have founded your explosives arsenal for you :cool: