PDA

View Full Version : Issues I see with end game.

procsyzarc
01-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Unless some high level players want to advise otherwise I can see some real issues arising when it gets to end game

1/ Defence just seems too high, pretty much every L200 or well equipped L180+ seems to have 90,000 plus defence these same players generally have 45,000 attack which means end game attack just isn’t high enough to break through end game defence and this shows with most end game players not bothering to bank their money or collect their buildings on time since no one can touch them anyway. Just looking at myself even I have focused on attack 100% and haven’t put any focus on defence but I wouldn’t be able to beat myself since already my defence is too high for my attack.

2/ As with 1 above defence building are far too common and it would have been a lot better if like modern war they had a range limit and a limit of 5 per type rather than 50, in crime city you can just put way too many down. Also the way they scale seems way off in particular the bodyguard agency which for 25gold levels far cheaper and faster than other building and scales far higher than even the armoury for 75 gold so by level 10 it has cost very little to get there, hasn’t taken as long and offers higher defence. For this reason we see most players with 10+ bodyguard agencies and many with 30+ which means for little effort, time and money they can become untouchable in a way they never could with any other building including other gold buildings.

3/ Gold items just seem wrong to me, I understand they need to make money from their product but I have never seen another game where you can just simply buy items 10+ times better than anything earned in game and it really does come down to who is prepared to spend the most will always win and just seems like a lazy way out allowing players to simply buy stats, in the end people will just get feed up and quit and the game will die (not to mention hacks have a much bigger effect, like they did at the start of the game). It is most likely too late to change now but it would be so much more fun for everyone if they did away with gold items and defence buildings and added more gold money buildings (so they still get their good income) and added a lot more good items and all level ranges that can be brought for in game cash. This way people will still buy gold to increase their income and therefore stats (but at least not just pay and get stats automatically) and will also make a lot more targets for robbing. Also adding more good loot items will add more life to the game while giving a reason for people to spend gold on energy fills. People who chose not to buy gold won’t advance as fast but can still be competitive long term so won’t get frustrated and quit since at the end of the day to keep a free game going you do need a good supply of people who don’t buy gold too.

Anyway just 3 things that I think are killing the game and are actually making me seriously regret spending $150 on gold, since I think it is going to get very boring very soon

J.J.
01-16-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm L142 right now and I'd say I have a looooooooooong way to go before I get bored with the game. I want to still: beat every map, hit L200, and level all my buildings up to level 10. As slow as the pace gets at higher levels, I still won't be near my goals a year from now even by playing every single day.

Durantular
01-16-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm L142 right now and I'd say I have a looooooooooong way to go before I get bored with the game. I want to still: beat every map, hit L200, and level all my buildings up to level 10. As slow as the pace gets at higher levels, I still won't be near my goals a year from now even by playing every single day.

Kudos on ignoring his 3 issues and instead focusing solely on his thought at the end.

procsyzarc, I believe you are right. Defence outweighs attack in most cases 2 to 1. I, like you, only buy for attack. In armour, I chose night goggles over the full suit, as 16/16 suits me more than 17/27 for the respect saving. At the moment, I have 11,000 attack and 11,400 defence. Never bought for defence, yet it outweighs my attack already.

Hope funzio address this one way or another..

Chironex
01-18-2012, 03:33 AM
@ procsyzarc or any other HL players

From what you mentioned, i interpret that most well equipped lvl 180-200 players have stats around 45k/90k. If this is true, I'm curious about how earning respect points are affected at these levels.

1. Are you failing lots of robberies and attacks?
2. What percentage of failures would you roughly have?
3. How much respect do you think you earn daily on average?

Cheers!

Cooz
01-18-2012, 04:15 AM
And to think I was pretty happy with my stats (approximately half the attack and less than a third of the defense).

and this shows with most end game players not bothering to bank their money or collect their buildings on time since no one can touch them anyway.

Two things on this...1. Sounds like they've earned the opportunity to not bank their cash, but what I'm wondering is how much you can get in one win against them. Sounds like you're suggesting they've got a few million on hand, right? What happens if you fight and lose? Nothing. If you fight and win, you could potentially take a huge chunk of change. That leads me to: 2. The advantage always goes to the attacker. You only get half your def rating of your weapons when you're attacked, and evidence collected in this forum suggests defense buildings don't count when defending attacks. I think that's the missing ingredient in your argument. They can have a rating of 90k in their profile, but attack them and see what it is. You're obviously much higher up than I am, I'm just saying, I get attacked and robbed by people with at least 20 percent less stats than me and I fend them off 1 out of 2 at best.

Also the way they scale seems way off in particular the bodyguard agency which for 25gold levels far cheaper and faster than other building and scales far higher

Again, evidence collected in the forum suggests defense buildings only give you half of the base amount with each upgrade. If the base amount is 20, each upgrade is only worth 10 more.

it really does come down to who is prepared to spend the most will always win and just seems like a lazy way out allowing players to simply buy stats, in the end people will just get feed up and quit and the game will die (not to mention hacks have a much bigger effect, like they did at the start of the game).

I hear what you're saying and I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but what did you expect? The game is obviously supported through the purchase of gold. It's far more likely the longer one plays, the more inclined s/he is to purchase gold. In other words, they don't have a problem squeezing out the low-to-mid level players who don't purchase gold, because they've already earned everything they're going to earn from those customers. Keeping their accounts active at all times for customers with higher earning potential to loot, rob and generally stay active is their ideal goal.

The main issue though is you're contradicting yourself. You're saying on one hand there are too many players with massive defense mostly fueled by gold purchases, but then suggesting people simply buying stats will lead to the game's downfall.

If there are that many gold players at the higher level, it sounds like the game is doing just fine. I'm with you, though, I won't buy gold, and my game will eventually come to an end because of it. It's happened to me before. Outside of the ice cream shop I got at the start of the game, I have one gold building which I bought because I got a $20 gift card to iTunes for Christmas. I built a Rock Cafe. Instantly, I have a building as strong as my level 4 Lofts, two buildings I've put weeks if not months into developing.

You're right, when you have that big of an advantage by dropping money, it's obvious that's the route people will eventually go. The developers are trying to funnel people in that direction. It does suck to know all the time I've put into this game will eventually lead to my end-game state, but whaddya do?

Anubis
01-18-2012, 04:49 AM
Anyway just 3 things that I think are killing the game and are actually making me seriously regret spending $150 on gold, since I think it is going to get very boring very soon

If those people with 70,90,110K defence have done it with masses of defence buildings (IE - 50x lvl10 Agencies give a profile defence of +41,300 when in reality all they give is 2750 total defence). The ppl who currently understand how building defence works are buliding Gattling guns and even missile turrets. All that 'high' defence number in the profile does is make ppl think they are untouchable,

Now, ALL defence from weaponary/armor etc is fully used in everything you do. This is why Gold items become even more powerful. A player like Payam who spent $10,000 on the game is practically untouchable because his true mafia defence is around 80,000. It means only a gold buyer who can get att to near that can beat/rob him.

(Thats why he talks trash all the time because wheres the fun in a game you can't lose? He spent 10K$ on the game to put CC in invincible mode. Remember how you'd get bored of a game when you enter a cheat to become invincible or have unlimited ammo? Its fun for a short time but drains the life out the game in the long term. That imo is the reason he moved to trash talking / war making because what else is left inthe game for him to do?)

I won't tire of the game anytime soon, but you also need to remmber the ppl who spent ALOT of
RM gold weaponary and have weak stats. I kinda feel sorry for those ppl and direct them to the forums where suitable. Its amazing what a little knowledge can do for you in cc.