PDA

View Full Version : The most effective strategy EVER!!!

Tomtom111
01-16-2012, 02:16 PM
There are many possible strategies to play this game: focus on missions, focus on attacks/raids, camping/turtling etc. HOWEVER, if you are using any of these strategies, you are on the wrong track. Time is the ultimate currency, thus the best strat should have a good results/time ratio. Think about all the valuable time you've wasted doing missions, sorting through the rivals list, feeling frustrated, reading posts on this forum, or simply sitting there waiting for the upgrades to complete. Instead you should have used all the time to focus on your work(real work): start a new project, or find a new part time job that interests you. Then use the money you made to buy robot walkers, nighthawks or Yamato battleships. In no time you will be unbeatable. Plus you will gain plenty of other benefits during the process.
Sounds good?
Start it today!
Tatto this motto on your forearm:
Strive to be a golden player, don't be a mere gold player, NEVER be a cheapass free player.

AncientJester
01-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Interesting proposition.

Meddicc
01-16-2012, 02:53 PM
I can afford to play with only gold units, but I like spending my hard earned cash on thinks I like Golf, Beer, cars and partying.

Nicz
01-16-2012, 03:00 PM
You work for funzio ? As a none goldspender i could crush you :(

Deathstar
01-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Do you work for Funzio???

Wildfire
01-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Umm, Tomtom I play to get away from work, you strategy turns play into more work!

Flipmode
01-16-2012, 03:35 PM
But then my distraction (playing a game) would last significantly less time than the thing I was distracting myself from (work).

And I'd consider myself a moron for spending money on a game rather than a nice holiday... If I had more money to do things when not working, I wouldn't be sat talking to you people and making little make believe wars.

DAMN YOU FOR BRINGING MY LIFE KNTO PERSPECTIVE!!!! I WAS HAPPY WITH MY LITTLE 'I've made progress having spent nothing but time.' ACHIEVEMENT!!

DAMN TOU TO HADES!

Shawshank
01-17-2012, 12:39 AM
All due respect, but your strategy sucks. I haven't spent a penny on extra units but I haven't lost a battle in a month. The key is patience. Here is a 5 step strategy that works great.

1- Level up slower. Do fewer battles and don't do missions at all. Missions make you level up fast while you are still weak. Dont attack anyone until you have all the money buildings available at your level. Better to be a big fish in a small pond then a small fish in a big pond.

2- Upgrade buildings constantly - money buildings have priority. The higher your income, the faster you can buy better units. This can save you hundreds of dollars over the course of a couple months.

3- Upgrade your vault. Try not to have more money than can fit in your vault. When you get close to your limit, buy more units, or upgrade something.

4- Don't buy cheap high casualty rate units. It's cheaper in the long run. If you aren't Chinese (I'm Chinese), infantry can be a huge waste of your money. The lowest infantry unit I buy is the sniper.

5- Pay close attention to who you attack. NEVER ATTACK SOMEONE BEFORE LOOKING AT THEIR STATS! Try to see what their largest units are, and how they match to your units. I avoid attacking people with indestructible units. If their top units are better than mine, I leave them alone. I try to attack Americans the most. They have no combat bonus and their stamina refreshes more, so I can attack them more often. Iranians are the second best targets. I avoid British and Chinese.

If you are rich, spend all you want on cool indisructable units - I would. But if you don't have that money to spend, save it. Invest what you do have in gold and a mutual fund.

303 579 137

General Principle
01-17-2012, 05:59 PM
A word on gold purchases. Unless you intend to continue buying more of the same gold units as you level up, don't spend your gold on units. The return on investment diminishes over time until they are essentially useless. Feel free to purchase a little gold. It's only fair to toss Funzio a bone if you're getting some entertainment value out of their product. But I would recommend purchasing one of the gold money buildings. That will keep returning value for as long as you play the game, whether you spend any more real money or not. I wish I could cash in my gold units and put it all back into a couple of solar arrays or a biodome.