PDA

View Full Version : i just cant work out how people earn into the millions!!

j12spk
01-16-2012, 07:15 AM
i just cant work out how people save enough money to buy expensive money/def buildings when their income is lower than mine!!!! in lvl 43 and have never had more than 700K in my vault!!!!

Dover
01-16-2012, 07:19 AM
I built my def. up so that very few would attack me then saved money outside of the vault for a small amount of time to build more exp buildings. It's a risk but I need more money buildings.

EnjoyLife
01-16-2012, 07:25 AM
i just cant work out how people save enough money to buy expensive money/def buildings when their income is lower than mine!!!! in lvl 43 and have never had more than 700K in my vault!!!!

What's your income? Mine is 150k/hr. What money buildings have you upgraded? You may have more time to sleep with other men's wives, but you sleep with the wrong man's wife and you will have an unfortunate accident...

j12spk
01-16-2012, 07:33 AM
What's your income? Mine is 150k/hr. What money buildings have you upgraded? You may have more time to sleep with other men's wives, but you sleep with the wrong man's wife and you will have an unfortunate accident...

LOL!!!

current income 79k ph

EnjoyLife
01-16-2012, 07:43 AM
LOL!!!

current income 79k ph

Then you need to upgrade yor money buildings more. Then you will have more money to buy and upgrade more.

Wildfire
01-16-2012, 08:04 AM

Lol like that, didn't notice it on J12's signature originally and wondered what on earth had prompted it! When calculating your income don't use the figure the game gives you, if you have a lot of fast collection buildings you'll earn nothing like what it says especially if you're sleeping with other men's wives, they don't like you whipping out your phone every 5 minutes to play a game!

j12spk
01-16-2012, 08:06 AM
yea i understand that mate! just can see how people get some much money and spend so much on troops and buildings!!!

Nicz
01-16-2012, 09:51 AM
I have actually 175k income...just took the time to upgrade...up def stats 1rst then i build my attack, ruined some guys (the most i did...200k from someone...), and after it's easy...
Btw lvl 49 i actually got 10k5 att and 11k5 def :)

Dillinja
01-16-2012, 10:07 AM
You have 2 choices, either be a gold player or camper. Camping is tedious but doesnt cost, i'm about to buy an electric power station which has taken me a few days to save up for but not bad return.

EnjoyLife
01-16-2012, 10:23 AM
You have 2 choices, either be a gold player or camper. Camping is tedious but doesnt cost, i'm about to buy an electric power station which has taken me a few days to save up for but not bad return.

Electric Power Plants are not bad at all. They start really paying out when you upgrade them. The first upgrade doubles their earnings.

Duke.0
01-16-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm level 15 and have $128,292 income per hour.
No gold spent.

All unit buildings are built and my next expansion costs $400,000 which i will probably do tomorrow.

Its not really rocket surgery to figure out how people get a ton of money so fast.

I plan on getting every unit building to at least level 8 before i progress through the game and purposefully level up. Right now i'm leveling up slowly because people attack me on a hourly basis trying to get at my money (which is usually in my vault as it can hold 500k+)

I also will be constantly expanding and leveling money buildings.

The only advise i can give is this...don't rush through the game. Its not a race to see who can be level 200 first. Slow down and just be a little campy and you should be fine.

Meddicc
01-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Get to level 51. Then all your money problems are solved. I farm around 2mil per day.

Gixxxah_Ridah
01-16-2012, 03:34 PM
With upgrading money buildings is it better to focus on upgrading everything together or focus on one type of building at a time until you max upgrade it? If your running two of each type of building, which I'm assuming everyone is, are you going back and forth upgrading each to the next level or updating one all the way to 10 and then going back and doing the other? Do you focus on buildings that pay most often like a supply depot, armory or either the silo or Derrick? Or do you focus on the larger buildings with higher payouts but only pay 1 or two times a day?

The highest money building I have right now in my stronger player (level 41) is a recycling plant at level 1. I'm about to add my second plant tomorrow. I haven't upgraded my larger money buildings like the ore mine, recycling plant, or steel mills. Even my military markets and weapons factories are only a level 2 oe 3. Instead I've been updating command center, munitions stockpile, armory, silos, derricks, wind farms, and comms centers. I work in a cube so it's easy for me to grab my iphone or iPad pretty frequently to collect my funds. But even I don't collect my money every 5 minutes.

Just trying to figure out what is the most efficient way of upgrading my money buildings is to maximize return and seriously increase my hourly income which is about $75,000 hour.

Thanks

Duke.0
01-16-2012, 03:38 PM
If you have two of the same building (A and B)

Upgrade A
Upgrade B
Upgrade A
Upgrade B

Etc...

Alternate between both buildings. That way you can collect the higher amount as you go.

Gixxxah_Ridah
01-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Ok I've been doing that with my building upgrades. Now I'm just wondering if I'm prioritizing the wrong buildings first. Should I be focusing on those larger payout buildings that one pay once ever 24-48 hours or the ones that pay out less money but every 5 - 30 minutes to every 3, 6 12 hours.

Duke.0
01-16-2012, 04:00 PM
I started with the 5 min / 30 min / 1 hour / 3 hour first. (granted i'm only level 15....but i have $130,000/hour)

The other longer payout buildings are still low levels (like 1 or 2).

Reason being, the game (when your low level) seems to require money NOW...not in one day, or two days, but NOW!!!

No, i don't collect every 5 minutes, or even 20 minutes. More like twice a day. But the supply depots have already paid for them selves as i get $6,000 every time i click on them together. If i play a little at night, i might collect 5-6 times from the supply depot and come away with a cool $30,000.

When i'm a higher level i might consider selling my 5min/30min/1/3/6/8 hour buildings and go with the 12/24/48 hour buildings as they are easier to collect max payments from which will prevent robberies in the future since you have a predictable time when you can collect.

There is no wrong way to do it. So don't feel like you messed up. I know on Crime City i only have 12/24/48 hour buildings and my "income per hour" number is brutally low, however, i don't miss a pickup since i can easily predict when the next time the money will be ready to collect. I'm a higher level (almost 100) on crime city, so i can't really compare it to my strategy here on MW. Both are different.

Gixxxah_Ridah
01-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Thanks I've pretty much been following that strat as well. Mostly updating whatever building will take the least amount of time to update first and then timing a long upgrade for at night while I'm sleeping. I never played CC and MW is my first game like this. Needed something to keep me entertained while working in a cube all day.

My level 41 makes about 75K hour and my new lower level turtle economy builder, level 8 makes $52K hour.

Gobroncos95
01-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the good discussion on this topic folks - this should help quite a few people.

@Duke - I'm curious if you ever added energy on your way to L15? Are you banking your skill points? Until the developers figure out which way they take the fight mechanics, I'm banking most of my skill points in case we need them for att/def later on.

I'm not quite camping to the degree you are - I'm still doing some missions to keep from going crazy waiting for the developers to pull their heads out of their a$$es. But I'm also curious - what if the developers never change the fight mechanics? Camping to build income won't help you (or anyone) because once you start to fight, you'll start leveling up quickly. Then you'll start losing high $ items that even your higher income won't support. What then? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this.

Duke.0
01-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the good discussion on this topic folks - this should help quite a few people.

@Duke - I'm curious if you ever added energy on your way to L15? Are you banking your skill points? Until the developers figure out which way they take the fight mechanics, I'm banking most of my skill points in case we need them for att/def later on.

I'm not quite camping to the degree you are - I'm still doing some missions to keep from going crazy waiting for the developers to pull their heads out of their a$$es. But I'm also curious - what if the developers never change the fight mechanics? Camping to build income won't help you (or anyone) because once you start to fight, you'll start leveling up quickly. Then you'll start losing high $ items that even your higher income won't support. What then? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this.

My Skill point plan is this:
Attack = 1/2 my current level
Defense = my current level
Energy = 1200-1500 ish (eventually)
Stam = 30-40 eventually.

So every level i put one into defense, and every other level i put one into attack
Rest of the points are just put into energy or stam. Really i have no method to those two.

Once i start "playing" and fighting i'll level up. Yes, thats true, but its all good, i will have the unit buildings to a high enough level where i can buy some good tier stuff. Since, if you happen to notice, there is not one item that is your "level" dependent to buy, its all based on unit buildings.
So i went ahead and built all the unit buildings before level 12.

So to answer your question, i'll be fine when i start to level as i can just buy expensive stuff right off the bat :)

Gobroncos95
01-16-2012, 07:44 PM
You will definitely be in better shape than most. However, just to give some perspective, in my fights at L43 (before deleting the app on that device), I was losing $60k-$110k of units during EACH fight that I was WINNING. With your 30-40 stamina, you would lose way more than you'll be making. Your plan is sound, but just be aware that unless the developers change the fight mechanics (which I doubt they will), then fighting will be pointless.