PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the update about getting free gold?

Durantular
01-15-2012, 05:42 PM
I can't remember who posted, but there were screen pics aswell, of clicking to earn free gold.

This message was visible when pressing on the gold bars to purchase them or money, and down the bottom it had "press here to earn free gold" or something.

I was expecting an update, but havn't heard anything since that post.

I'm particularly interested if this will be available for iphone.

procsyzarc
01-15-2012, 07:17 PM
On HD version still haven't seen it, really wish i would get it since I am on 499 bars and 1 extra would make all the diffrence

Euchred
01-15-2012, 07:20 PM
I have it on my camping account on my ipad. Haven't heard when or if it's rolling out to everyone I figure it's just a matter of time. There's a lot of IOS games that use the same system I think it's called Tapjoy.com You download a setting and it links your device after you create an account on the website.

I've tried linking it to my phone but crime city doesn't show up on the list if you don't have the option to earn free gold in gane.

deuces
01-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Do you know if you need to have that installed on the ipad to get the free gold option on the HD version?

Euchred
01-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Do you know if you need to have that installed on the ipad to get the free gold option on the HD version?

Not totally sure what you mean, I'm under the impression that the HD version can only be installed on the Ipad. i do know that when I transferred my main account to my Ipad the free gold button was gone. Gone for good? I'm not sure I haven't transferred my camper account back yet. And the free gold button didn't come with my camper account to my touch.

deuces
01-15-2012, 07:37 PM
I meant the tapjoy.com thing. I think the free gold option was probably just given out to random accounts on ipad hd version or something like that.

Euchred
01-15-2012, 07:41 PM
Oh the tapjoy.com thing works on any device but only games that are registered with the service show up on the list of games you can earn currency for. So certain versions of crime city don't show up on the site. I'm assuming that's all the ones who don't have the free gold button.

deuces
01-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Ya i dunno, i signed up for tapjoy and went through the process of linking my ipad. It installed and said i had no apps installed that i could earn free gold on. Oh well

Euchred
01-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Ya i dunno, i signed up for tapjoy and went through the process of linking my ipad. It installed and said i had no apps installed that i could earn free gold on. Oh well

Ya I tried the same thing except with my phone, same results.

CounterSniper
01-16-2012, 01:50 AM
I had the original iPad version of CC with no Free Gold option but since I installed the HD version I have it.

CounterSniper
01-16-2012, 01:56 AM
I noticed my posts from before the sites early morning crash have poofed, that may have also happened to the post you reference.