PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm Conzio, I've just robbed yah (READ BEFORE IT'S DELETED AGAIN)

Fig Oni
01-15-2012, 10:44 AM
They took my post off but they don't mod spam LOL (Here it again for anyone who missed it)

For the past 3 day there been a buzz online regarding the successful looting of a gun call the mossberg 590 shotgun which initially had stats of 50 att 50 def.
This gun is not new and was always a part of crime city and so was it's stats of 50 att/def, but in game the gun was locked so the drop rate was zero, on there respective drop locations.

So conzio went ahead a made a significant update to the HD version (ipad users only) and got unsuspecting gamers to become (beta testers) of the none HD version for the iphone/ipod.
Now the fun part was conzio never mention or announced that the whole loot drop of map mission was re-written to drop the weapon which had been on previous updates been locked.

So as these people who were beta tester or crime city hd users were in the dark regarding that new super weapons now drop on certain areas and carried on playing the game.
Now a person who successfully manage to loot 3 mossbergs at 50 att/def was noticed by another gamer and now the search was on how he managed to have 3 and been under the radar of other gamers.

So now on the conzio official forum, thread was made to find out where this super weapon was so to cut a long story short the location and the criteria on how to get the mossberg to drop was found out and even before that people asked cc mark of conzio to give any info on the mossbergs which was answered in a cold way, basically saying mind your own business. Any question you like to know email support (as a email conzio don't need to answer it unless they want to)

Now as all user including the puppets they had who thought by being beta tester they were made men of the conzio cartel, therefore went on a spree to collect as many mossbergs as possible not knowing they were a unwilling pawn in the con (ask dudeman) the mossberg stats dropped to 10/8 I think overnight.

So now that the basic story so now your ask where the Con in the conzio let me explain

1. Conzio always knew the weapons stat and that it was made available in the game after the update
2. This con was mainly for 2 groups of player (a)loot farmers (b)campers
(2a)Loot farmers because they hated that they had farmed so many of them M4's that the gold weapons buyers were getting beaten up by them in turn that made the sale of gold decreased. (not good in a business point of view)
(2b) camper were leveling up so slow that the rival list was not fun for the higher lvl player, them having to rob or attack the same mafia daily a couple of times (again no good for business if everyone around you are weak, no need to buy gold)

Now that the con, alot of people have now leveled up because that gain of having super weapons on there inventory was too good to miss so all strategy of camping or looting m4 was put on hold also so many people like myself spent money for gold and nothing at all to show for it but that's love and also leveled up with no gain as it was the iphone I tested it on.

Now when I look at my rival list there alot of new people that are showing so that means it was very successful con and the people who leveled up with no attack defense gain are better targets and in turn will make gamers spend that cash on gold as the bridge in stat won't be far from the loot farmers & camper.
Also the tug life win streak goal were only put back in place so gamers who level up fast as now the average return on pvp fight is near 25xp : 1respect that never was that high before

Fig Oni
01-15-2012, 10:51 AM
As they deleted this post before that more then enough proof that it was an intentional CON

allhaildiscordia
01-15-2012, 10:55 AM
No, I think they actually had genuine hardware problems on their server. Looking at the "last post" timestamps on the other subforums tells me they restored a backup from around 1800 MST. The missing banner images at the top of the page also lead me to believe they had to change servers or something like that.

dudeman
01-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Not to mention they have no comment and won't return emails.

Certes
01-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I realized the same after I posted in the SA58 thread about a page of posts disappearing.

Fig Oni
01-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Not to mention they have no comment and won't return emails.

That so true if I make a mistake the first thing I would do is apologize then rectify.
But if it not a mistake, then there is no reason to apologize or comment, but they do have time to delete complete threads or pages of post from thread

So tell me where the developers statement, they've got time to do other crap!!!!!!!

Also they have puppets on the forum saying that conzio will give there gold back, but there is no proof of that, maybe they just gave xclusiv's gold back knowing he would post that he got it back but others people are waiting, who else has had his gold returned

dudeman
01-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Well "other crap" certainly doesn't include handling this debacle properly.

If this is how they clean up sh*tty messes they made, I would hate to be the one who does their laundry.

Ram
01-15-2012, 11:16 AM
they deleted all my threads!

Joeycool
01-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Basically the way this whole thing has come about has been horrendously badly handled by Funzio.

Its amazing how popular Crime City is considering how poorly Funzio treat the community. Their attitude towards errors that they make and the lack of announcements or apologies or explanations in appalling.

The way that CCM speaks to people at times is plain rude and big headed.

The customer support I have found to be very good. But then I have never had to contact customer support so many times with complaints for any product that I have spent money on.

I guess at the moment they have the monopoly because as far as I know there are no other similar game for the Iphone.

Does anyone else know of any?

Igangster I am told... but its not as good as Crime City I hear.

Fig Oni
01-15-2012, 11:47 AM
they deleted all my threads!

That post was the proof that they were aware of the mossberg at 50 att/def

Anubis
01-15-2012, 11:51 AM
The way that CCM speaks to people at times is plain rude and big headed.

The customer support I have found to be very good. But then I have never had to contact customer support so many times with complaints for any product that I have spent money on.

This is very true. CCMark comes accross as rude and incredibly unhelpful. The Funzio support desk of whom I have contacted twice in total have responded within hours of my email, and refunded all my gold both times - very impressed at the speed and quality of that service (so far).

Joeycool
01-15-2012, 11:55 AM
This is very true. CCMark comes accross as rude and incredibly unhelpful.

If I spoke to a customer as a representative of the company I work for the way that CCM speaks to us I would expect disciplinary action and a gross misconduct charge.

Just another example of the kind of company Funzio are though, and how much they care about their gaming community.

Holicaholic
01-15-2012, 11:56 AM
So basically you're upset that they're refunding gold for a mistake they made. A mistake that would not only have changed the game, but would have altered the idea that forum members and non-forum members could play the same game as competitively as one another.

People who buy gold would've bought the gold they used to get the energy anyway, I refuse to believe otherwise. So now that if you ask for it they're refunding you, why are you upset? Because you don't get an item that would've put you leaps and bounds ahead of most people in the game? Because a game essentially glitched and now they're fixing it? Geez, quit complaining and go back to playing the game; farm M4s, build money buildings, rob people. None of what this game was a week ago has changed, but you're all readying your pitchforks getting ready to hang Funzio because of fixing something that would ruin the game.

http://t.qkme.me/356w1y.jpg

Anubis
01-15-2012, 12:02 PM
So basically you're upset that they're refunding gold for a mistake they made. A mistake that would not only have changed the game, but would have altered the idea that forum members and non-forum members could play the same game as competitively as one another.

You have it completyely wrong.

What we would like is a simple explanation, maybe an appology. Its a very small request but it would go a long way for many people on the forums right now. I know it was a glitch, a mistake on their end but they need to own up to this fact and let the community know it was 'their bad'.

Holicaholic
01-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Isn't that what giving the gold back is doing?

To be honest, I think if the game glitched or whatever and people started getting items they shouldn't then they shouldn't have changed the stats or the drops. I didn't spend any time/money/energy on this and so I'm not begrudged by it except that the mossberg would be cool to have. At this point it just seems like people are whining for the sake of whining. Just move on and play the game. Or don't play it, but either way just move on.

The Stewie picture is probably overboard, but I haven't used it anywhere in a while :)

Fig Oni
01-15-2012, 12:11 PM

People who buy gold would've bought the gold they used to get the energy anyway, I refuse to believe otherwise. So now that if you ask for it they're refunding you, why are you upset? Because you don't get an item that would've put you leaps and bounds ahead of most people in the game? Because a game essentially glitched and now they're fixing it? Geez, quit complaining and go back to playing the game; farm M4s, build money buildings, rob people. None of what this game was a week ago has changed, but you're all readying your pitchforks getting ready to hang Funzio because of fixing something that would ruin the game.

http://t.qkme.me/356w1y.jpg

The gold they are refunded is only virtual gold there is no value to it in there eyes also they got people to lvl up quicker and then they drop the loot stat

Also it people like you also known in my eye's vultures who have never made a helpful thread and only come to the forum to reap the rewards of tips & statagy of other gamers who have the decency of posting
All you can do is put some picture of your idol, who is retarded get a funking life and don't get me started piss taker

Joeycool
01-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Isn't that what giving the gold back is doing?

To be honest, I think if the game glitched or whatever and people started getting items they shouldn't then they shouldn't have changed the stats or the drops. I didn't spend any time/money/energy on this and so I'm not begrudged by it except that the mossberg would be cool to have. At this point it just seems like people are whining for the sake of whining. Just move on and play the game. Or don't play it, but either way just move on.

The Stewie picture is probably overboard, but I haven't used it anywhere in a while :)

I see you are quite new to the forum... with only 50 posts. When you have been here for a while and learn a bit more about how Funzio behave towards the community on here you will understand.

I have asked for my gold back... but have not had a response yet. But giving gold back is not an apology. Giving gold back is nothing to the company. They could give me 500 gold and it would not cost them a penny.

Its not about the gold refund... its about how underhanded they are with little or no response or communication with their gaming community.

allhaildiscordia
01-15-2012, 12:22 PM
The 'glitch' was that people didn't get the items they were supposed to from multi-click loot drops. This has been the case for MONTHS. The game data from August had the Mossberg and SA58 at their pre-nerfed stats, yet no one ever saw them because of the bug.

How much stronger would non-gold players have been if they had been items like the 17/7 SM Choker, 5/18 Bomb Squat Suit, 4/18 NATO Gas Mask, which were all mutli-click loot drop items since the end of August?

Holicaholic
01-15-2012, 12:23 PM
You're right, I am new, but that doesn't mean I'm stupid. Ever heard of punctuation?

Ok, look, I'm not here to flame or start wars. Like I said, the picture was likely a little overboard. I apologize if you took that much offense to it.

I've kept up with the happenings here the last few weeks pretty well, whether I post or not, so I know what everyone has been saying and figuring out (at least on the forums). So don't take me for an ignorant jackass that just wants to stir up trouble.

What I see is a game that was glitched. People exploited that glitch. The company who maintains the game fixed the glitch (eventually retroactively). The people who exploited it are upset. The company is doing what they can to remedy the situation so that the community is happy.

Its not about the gold refund... its about how underhanded they are with little or no response or communication with their gaming community.

Gonna admit, not many companies care too much about their gamers to the extent of even posting on a forum. The fact that CCM comes here at all shows, to me, that they care more about the community than most games do nowadays. Also, the fact of the matter is that you don't HAVE to buy gold. I truly doubt they did this maliciously with the intent of getting more money from people.

Crime City Mark
01-15-2012, 12:29 PM
So, we didn't delete any threads. Our company website went down very early this morning and we had to restore from backup. Yes, a few items had their stats reduced and their drop-rates changed to bring them in line with the original intent.

Fig Oni
01-15-2012, 12:44 PM
So, we didn't delete any threads. Our company website went down very early this morning and we had to restore from backup. Yes, a few items had their stats reduced and their drop-rates changed to bring them in line with the original intent.

Thanks Mark all we were waiting for some clarification

allhaildiscordia
01-15-2012, 12:49 PM

It's Funzio's own fault that this happened. The game data has had the Mossberg and SA58 since August, but because the non-HD version has a bug that caused it to not drop loot for multi-click jobs (either per click or for completion), it never became an issue until now. We've all been shortchanged on loot drops for MONTHS.

Joeycool
01-15-2012, 12:50 PM
SYes, a few items had their stats reduced and their drop-rates changed to bring them in line with the original intent.

Thanks for confirming that Mark. I wasnt sure if that was what had happened. Thank goodness for your wonderful explanation.

Joeycool
01-15-2012, 12:54 PM
The company is doing what they can to remedy the situation so that the community is happy

Interesting comment. What exactly are Funzio doing to remedy the situation so that the community is happy? Do you know something I dont? Because as far as I know they have done nothing to remedy the situation.

In the words of the great CCM - this is not my happy face :(

Lots of people spent lots of cash to get energy refills to get a weapon of certain stats. Then they slashed the stats on this weapon to levels that are lower than most weapons in people inventory making them useless.

Ram
01-15-2012, 01:05 PM
CCM spewing his bull**** once again!

Holicaholic
01-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Interesting comment. What exactly are Funzio doing to remedy the situation so that the community is happy? Do you know something I dont? Because as far as I know they have done nothing to remedy the situation.

In the words of the great CCM - this is not my happy face :(

Lots of people spent lots of cash to get energy refills to get a weapon of certain stats. Then they slashed the stats on this weapon to levels that are lower than most weapons in people inventory making them useless.

I guess I just don't see how giving people their gold back is not good enough. Do you want them to mail you a check or something? I understand the concept that them giving people gold isn't the same as money (even though it is in a way) but that's really all they can do at this point.

Joeycool
01-15-2012, 01:16 PM
I guess I just don't see how giving people their gold back is not good enough. Do you want them to mail you a check or something? I understand the concept that them giving people gold isn't the same as money (even though it is in a way) but that's really all they can do at this point.

Well firstly I havent had my gold back

If it was my company or the company I work for I would do the following:

I am sorry we at Funzio made a mistake.

The reason was this.......

Here is your money back....

You are a valid customer and we appreciate your custom. By way of compensating you we have given you a complimentary gift of x amount of gold and can only hope that goes some way towards restoring your faith in us as a company.

madawgg
01-15-2012, 01:37 PM
It's Funzio's own fault that this happened. The game data has had the Mossberg and SA58 since August, but because the non-HD version has a bug that caused it to not drop loot for multi-click jobs (either per click or for completion), it never became an issue until now. We've all been shortchanged on loot drops for MONTHS.
this is intersting, but i assume most ppl have not reached those maps yet? I stopped doing missions around circuits street coz the start up cost is half million which was pretty high one and half months ago. And as far as I can tell, most ppl I have run into do not have the virtual financial capability to throw out half million cc dollars to complete missions like those. So i guess my point is...the glitch has affected very minimum amount of ppl/players. and that's why no one has ever spotted this glitch! and actually, none of us has ever seen a mossenberg until three days ago! and it's even harder for funzio to spot these glitches, so do not blame devs too much. but yes, I do agree funzio handled the whole situation too abruptly.

procsyzarc
01-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Personally I think they should just say what the intention going forward is even if that is it is now working as intended and as a bonus to all our loyal players we are giving each player 100 gold.

Reason for this is

1/ gold costs them nothing.
2/ it will create a lot of good will even from those who know nothing of what has happened
3/ it will spark more interest in the game from the causal players potentially turning them into future gold buyers
4/ complaint will pretty much dry up
5/ it will save them money since it will reduce the emails to customer support asking for gold refunds for energy spent.
6/ the fear is it will cost money since people won’t need to buy that 100 gold, however in reality it would most likely mean more gold sales ie. People topping up with an extra 50 gold or so to get 2 chapels or a gents club etc then getting hooked and buying more in the future. The people who don’t buy extra wouldn’t have brought any in the first place so no lost income.

Bruiser
01-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Personally I think they should just say what the intention going forward is even if that is it is now working as intended and as a bonus to all our loyal players we are giving each player 100 gold.

Reason for this is

1/ gold costs them nothing.
2/ it will create a lot of good will even from those who know nothing of what has happened
3/ it will spark more interest in the game from the causal players potentially turning them into future gold buyers
4/ complaint will pretty much dry up
5/ it will save them money since it will reduce the emails to customer support asking for gold refunds for energy spent.
6/ the fear is it will cost money since people won’t need to buy that 100 gold, however in reality it would most likely mean more gold sales ie. People topping up with an extra 50 gold or so to get 2 chapels or a gents club etc then getting hooked and buying more in the future. The people who don’t buy extra wouldn’t have brought any in the first place so no lost income.

Totally Agree

youj
01-15-2012, 02:36 PM

By 'Lots of people', you mean the forum players (which is like 0.1% of the Crime City players) who use CCHD (which is like 10% of all the forum players). These 'Lots of people' exploited a glitch which could completely destroy game balance of Crime City.

Why do you think dudeman decide not to say anything about the Mossborg? Because he knows its a glitch and wanted to exploited as much as he can before Funzio fix it. Why do you think xclusiv did not say anything until he got over 200 of SA 56? Because he knows if he tells everyone, people would realize a item that powerful should not be dropped that quickly.

Really. For most Crime City players (99% - People who use iPods/iPhone, who are not forum members), these fixes last 48 hours did not effect them at all. If Funzio did not fix the glitch or the gun, then Crime City would fail since all the months people farmed M4A1 become literally wasted overnight.

Joeycool
01-15-2012, 02:56 PM
By 'Lots of people', you mean the forum players (which is like 0.1% of the Crime City players) who use CCHD (which is like 10% of all the forum players). These 'Lots of people' exploited a glitch which could completely destroy game balance of Crime City.

Why do you think dudeman decide not to say anything about the Mossborg? Because he knows its a glitch and wanted to exploited as much as he can before Funzio fix it. Why do you think xclusiv did not say anything until he got over 200 of SA 56? Because he knows if he tells everyone, people would realize a item that powerful should not be dropped that quickly.

Really. For most Crime City players (99% - People who use iPods/iPhone, who are not forum members), these fixes last 48 hours did not effect them at all. If Funzio did not fix the glitch or the gun, then Crime City would fail since all the months people farmed M4A1 become literally wasted overnight.

Yes... It is lots of people. Even if its like you say with your ridiculous completely made up maths, 0.1 %... how much is 0.1 % of over 7 million players?? The amount of people that have lost money is not the point anyway. Because it is subjective. What I consider lots you may not do.

If your argument is that it really wasnt lots of people then how can you argue that these few could "completely destroy the balance of the game". You are talking complete non sense.

We all have different opinions. I would imagine yours would be the same as mine if you had wasted gold costing real life money like I have.

Fig Oni
01-15-2012, 03:03 PM

If conzio had made a post at the time Ram asked cc mark about the mossberg.

Stating it a glitch don't loot as it will only gain you extra xp points and we will nerf the weapon to x/x att/def so people wanting to farm them will only have them stat temporary until we correct our mistake.

Now ask yourself. Would of that been hard unless they had an ulterior motif (my post make the motifs clear)

deuces
01-15-2012, 03:06 PM
The forum is the most concentrated group of gold players that funzio knows about...they should and hopefully will do things to make things right for those that were affected.

Duke.0
01-15-2012, 03:10 PM
The forum is the most concentrated group of gold players that funzio knows about...they should and hopefully will do things to make things right for those that were affected.

Don't make a big assumption like this. We have no idea if the forum members spend more gold than everybody else.

I came across several players who must have spent upwards of $5,000 on gold items/buildings and i don't believe they are forum regulars.

Joeycool
01-15-2012, 03:18 PM
For what its worth I have received my 60G back from customer support.

So I hope the rest of you affected get yours back too.

deuces
01-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Don't make a big assumption like this. We have no idea if the forum members spend more gold than everybody else.

I came across several players who must have spent upwards of $5,000 on gold items/buildings and i don't believe they are forum regulars.

This isnt what i was saying really at all. The forum is the biggest group of concentrated gold users. A lot of people who use gold will continue to do so until they quit the game. Theres no way that the forum members spend a majority of the money spent on the game. A big portion of the people posting here found this place as a way to avoid using gold, by bettering their knowledge of the game. The point remains tho, that we are their biggest concentrated customer base, their free beta testers, and a group that spends maybe 5% of the irl money spent on this game. We are important to their development of the game, and keeping a small group like us happy should be very important to them.

This is all just in my opinion of course.

Max Power
01-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Honestly, I spent 40 gold, but I did it in the beta version, and I am not going to ask for it back. I kinda knew what I was doing, and it's really not that big a deal to me.

As a matter of fact, there seems to be a colossal amount of hand wringing on this whole event, [probably far more than is warranted.

youj
01-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Honestly, I spent 40 gold, but I did it in the beta version, and I am not going to ask for it back. I kinda knew what I was doing, and it's really not that big a deal to me.

As a matter of fact, there seems to be a colossal amount of hand wringing on this whole event, [probably far more than is warranted.

You should ask. I'm sure Funzio support would be happy to give you your gold back.

madawgg
01-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Yes... It is lots of people. Even if its like you say with your ridiculous completely made up maths, 0.1 %... how much is 0.1 % of over 7 million players?? The amount of people that have lost money is not the point anyway. Because it is subjective. What I consider lots you may not do.

If your argument is that it really wasnt lots of people then how can you argue that these few could "completely destroy the balance of the game". You are talking complete non sense.

We all have different opinions. I would imagine yours would be the same as mine if you had wasted gold costing real life money like I have.
Lol exactly...ppl spent real money should feel comtempted after all since it's hard earned cash! But yeah...I'd agree with youj that forum players r really a small community and well...pretty sure there are more non-English speaking players and willing to spend more money than we do. So actually, and sadly we are not that important at funzio's end. If you read the forum rules closely you will see it's not devs or mods responsibility to reply to players' complaints and actually I'd say they don't bear legal responsibility in this whole situation. So happy gaming!

SupremeFaze
01-15-2012, 07:15 PM
woooow i have no problems yet but want that loot. i see why its a free app tho they gotta eat someway some how lol

SinSir
05-20-2013, 07:34 PM
What with these multi overlapping events & less than a fortnight syndicate battle are gree going belly up.
What gives how come the game is getting so unbalanced

Big Joe
05-20-2013, 08:09 PM
D*mn got suckered into a necro thread. Post edited.

Tommy Two Toes
05-20-2013, 08:57 PM
...to cut a long story short...

Wish you had.
http://www.blindfiveyearold.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/too-long-didnt-read.png

SinSir
05-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Wish you had.
http://www.blindfiveyearold.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/too-long-didnt-read.png

I totally agree with this comment wish he had.

Fig did make some great posts way ahead of his time the guys a genius.

Tommy Two Toes
05-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Oh and does TLDR mean... Thread Locked Due to Retardedness?

Close enough.

2Legit
05-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Off topic post--not trying to troll BuT.......

OH MY GOODNESS i haven't been on this shinanigans for ages!!! Is the same old peeps still playing this game???? I just logged in to my game and see if its still up and lots of new crazy sh!t going on..kinda like it too

SinSir
05-22-2013, 10:15 AM
What are you saying you know I was living in west London in the late 90's.
Even now I'm very near west London but I'm sure not qpr.
Anyway he's a pr#%k & i don't like him shame qpr got relegated.

Sirius
05-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Greetings,

Closing thread as we do not allow necroing of older/outdated threads. Please see forum rules below:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47707-Posting-Guidelines-*Updated-3-6-13*

/closed