PDA

View Full Version : Renegaging on contracts

TemplarX
01-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Changing values of weapons after players have invested time and money on them is bad business practice. Isn't it equivalent to renegaging or dishonoring on business contracts? You basically display the specs of your products, but delivered something of inferior quality.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-14-2012, 12:06 PM
i know it sucks. but at least you can have your gold refunded if you email funzio. that's what happened in xclusiv's case.

erik
01-14-2012, 12:11 PM
No. It would not.

Cooz
01-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Changing values of weapons after players have invested time and money on them is bad business practice. Isn't it equivalent to renegaging or dishonoring on business contracts? You basically display the specs of your products, but delivered something of inferior quality.

That's one way to look at it, Templar. Another way is simpler and more accurate; it's fraud.

Cooz
01-14-2012, 12:27 PM
No. It would not.

You are incorrect, good sir

madawgg
01-14-2012, 12:29 PM
That's one way to look at it, Templar. Another way is simpler and more accurate; it's fraud.well if they give the gold back then it's technically not a fraud.

Cooz
01-14-2012, 12:34 PM
well if they give the gold back then it's technically not a fraud.

It's still fraud but they made amends in an acceptable and reasonable manner. Fraud is what calls them to action, and their response to the alleged violation makes the customer whole.

This whole thing got a bit out of hand and I don't think Funzio planned it this way. I'm happy to see, though, they took the right actions after the fact. They obviously underestimated xclusiv's will and resolve to get the max number of those guns...

dudeman
01-14-2012, 12:49 PM
All the stats of the guns already in player's inventories should be restored. People wasted lots of time and in game resources, some real money, in an effort to obtain those items. To admit there was a mistake and take corrective action is one thing, but to give something and then take it back... I will try to stay politically correct and not say the term for that situation, but we all know what I mean.

Over the past two weeks I thought Funzio had changed for the better. Maybe I was wrong.

erik
01-14-2012, 12:58 PM
"Indian Giving" was cultural confusion between natives and settlers when natives shared items as was their tradition to the settlers who in return were pissed when they were asked to return them.

Maybe this could apply!

Cooz
01-14-2012, 12:59 PM
All the stats of the guns already in player's inventories should be restored. People wasted lots of time and in game resources, some real money, in an effort to obtain those items. To admit there was a mistake and take corrective action is one thing, but to give something and then take it back... I will try to stay politically correct and not say the term for that situation, but we all know what I mean.

Over the past two weeks I thought Funzio had changed for the better. Maybe I was wrong.

The term is in my head as well (receiving something from Sitting Bull). Politically incorrect, but what happened is befitting of that term, if one chooses to use such language.

The game rolls on, Dudeman...the game rolls on...

deuces
01-14-2012, 01:00 PM
"Indian Giving" was cultural confusion between natives and settlers when natives shared items as was their tradition to the settlers who in return were pissed when they were asked to return them.

Maybe this could apply!

lol :)

argh 10 character limit.