PDA

View Full Version : Casualty rate changed drastically

ratiatierna
01-14-2012, 08:39 AM
There is no point in attacking others even with 15 or 20 levels lower than you if it costs 200,000 money and 300 valor per fight to gain merely 5 to 10 experience and 1 to 3 valor, is this going to be a permanent change? there's no point to attack anyone anymore

jdanson
01-14-2012, 09:27 AM
the casualty rate makes no sense. you end up losing big and small units for a lot of money to gain basically little in return. I have a 8785 attack and I hit someone with a 2500 or less and i lose a bio warefare troop, 2 A10's and a sniper. This started happening over the last 24 hours with every single person i've attacked.
funzio has to fix this or it's going to get real boring because i'm not going to keep buying expensive units and lose them for a few valor points.

it needs to be fixed....

Flipmode
01-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Do you still have goals available to you?

Earlier I found I lost a LOT in my first two attacks of the day, then it eased off to expected levels of just losing meat shields. Overall, the valour for completing the goal meant it was still profitable.

Beating up some little fella when not part of a goal mission is pointless.

However, as I am only level 36 I understand there is a consensus that things are different later on. Just so you know, the change in algorithm has affected this level, but not so drastically.

CJ54
01-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Guys,

When did you notice an upward casualty rate change? I do not believe that we recently upped the casualty rate, so let me know when this happened.

EDIT: We found the bug that was causing this. Engineers are telling me that the fix is out.

-C

Morkai
01-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Friday, in the pm. Was ok in type morning before I took a flight from Frankfurt to the us. Upon arriving and waiting for cab the game casualty rate had gone crazy. Tested again today and it's the same. Would say somewhere after 6am EST Friday ....

Morkai
01-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Oh and it's not fixed as of now.

Still taking 1 or 2 valor unit losses pr raid against rivals with less than a third my attack where it used to be a fairly safe attack. Just tested, lost an avenger, a sniper and a frigat against a depot fora a guy with def 1200 with my 2800 ish attack.

Sadly

Flipmode
01-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Is it just raiding, or general attacks?

General raiding has been unprofitable for a week or so I thought?

CJ54
01-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the update, we're continuing to look into this.

Dr BoneCrusher
01-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Not only the casualty rates have changed, now I can't do any missions for valor

Sgt bilko
01-14-2012, 02:07 PM
NOT fixed. just raided a munitions for $6300 lost a looted helicopter I can't get back and a Hummer. AGAINST a 840 defense and I have a 2450 offense!! Riddle me THAT one Batman?! How is that fair?!
Also the crashes are crazy. Always crashes after a fight or raid and when you reboot you don't have the money BUT it managed to take your units and up your XP!!!

Flipmode
01-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Never had a crash on this game, that must be annoying.

Edit : misread your post, sorry.

I'd not risk a raid for such a small return. I only raid if there is a high level money building to hit.

Love Baby
01-14-2012, 02:45 PM
not fixed yet
i still loose stealth frigate per hit (over 30 now)
tell us if it's really fixed i don't want to text it

asiscom
01-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Wellington at the momento the bug continue, plz I hope u can fin that, I will not fight and nothing until game will be fix

Guyver01
01-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Is this fix yet? It's getting boring here, as no point attacking people, boringgggggg......

michel
01-16-2012, 02:46 AM
Happened to me too this weekend, lost high value units at almost every battle (25 GYGN, 20 Avenger, 1 Harrier Jet, 1 anti aircraft, etc); I completely cease attacking since because my defense went down from 7400 to 6900, I lost interest. I must add that my opponents were all below 3000; I even lost a GYGN against a 300.

Casca
01-16-2012, 02:51 AM
The problem has not been fixed.

The first issue is when you are attacking another player despite an overwheming offense score the attacker is losing units.

The second issue is that the units that the game selects you to lose have a low or very low causalty rate. It seems to ignor high or medium casualty rate units.

I hope this helps, thanks.

agentblack
01-16-2012, 05:42 AM
It IS a problem. If I attack someone with a 1500 defense with my 3200 offense, I shouldn't be losing a warthog, an avenger, and an army truck. That takes away some of the reasoning behind doing any type of attacks...

Watash
01-16-2012, 07:50 AM
I just attacked a lesser player over whom I have a 4 to 1 advantage in Attack to Defense (I have 5269 attack and he has 1284 defense). I won the attack but lost a $58,000 APC in the fight. The APC is a low casualty rated unit. Something is screwy. No sense attacking under this circumstance. Going to get boring fast.....

Agent Orange
01-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Seems to be still screwy. Attacked someone 1/12th my force and immediately lost a $225,000 anti aircraft vehicle. Attacked 4 more times with equally heavy losses.

Only thing that is starting to make sense is that the game is finally taking the attack and def skill points into consideration as well as the actual unit value eg strong against air etc. Still doesn't account for the really big losses against much weaker players.

Cachemire00
01-16-2012, 09:04 AM
I have notising the some thing on the casualty rate losing lost of expensive eqpt anti-aircraft at 225 000 each when raiding an oppennent with 860 in defence when I have 9200 in attack. The casualty rate change drastically since last Thursday.

RetroEd
01-16-2012, 09:28 AM
I too have been the victim of it, again and again...

True they loose units as well, but I loose an APC, Warthog and Anti Aircraft 'tank' in return for one of their Rangers! You have to laugh - or you would cry...

I dont know where to turn now, any fight I engage in I win, but I loose so many units its no longer cost effective - people aren't upgrading buildings to generate enough cash to cover losses i incur during a raid.

Only way round it is to buy everything with gold and go indestructible!! That would be cool in the MW zone but bancruptcy in real life doesnt appeal!

If skill points are behind it, then we need some form of intelligence tool to determine how good they are before attacking. Until then no point in attacking anyone... yawn.

Morkai
01-16-2012, 09:58 AM
I'll remove the app tonite if there isn't a statement or acknowledgment of the bug. Not a threat just result of game being unplayable. Maybe if they start to see a drop in concurrent users, and lossing gold players as a result thing will change but not holding my breath.

michel
01-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Since I've started playing, I did over 1,400 attacks. Before this weedend, my casualty was very low and the units lost were normally "minor" ones (ranger, truck, jet fighter, etc.). During the weekend, I suffer losses for a minimum of $1 million and 6,000 in valor in approximately 30 to 40 battles (all wins; by the way, raiding gave similar results); and the gains were negligeable. Needless to say, my attack/defense went down by nearly 10%; beside completing the missions, I don't have interest anymore in the game (one of my favorites before). Hope the will fix it.

Morkai
01-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Removed the app as of 5 mins ago. I find some other time waster and maybe come back if they fix this some day.
Been fun, cya around

Gobroncos95
01-16-2012, 05:21 PM
I removed the app on three devices tonight (iPad & two iTouch's). I also gave 1 star ratings on iTunes. Don't think it will matter much but it's my own little rebellion. Try Mafia Farm, it's silly but a good time waster and you earn diamonds (like gold) from leveling up so at least there is some incentive to move forward with the game.

War player
01-16-2012, 06:36 PM
In just over an hour and a half, I lost about 100 units. I was booted out of the game 70 times. Many of those were battles/raids won, but I didn't get the money because the game crashed. However, the game did take away the lost unit each time it crashed.

Is that just an iPad issue? Is it because I don't have an iPad 2? If someone knows why this is happening, I would appreciate the answer.

CJ54
01-16-2012, 07:15 PM
The team is still looking into this.

Tanner
01-16-2012, 08:33 PM

This = Winning.

*upgrades vault*

asiscom
01-16-2012, 08:54 PM

Really??? And why delete my post and Other users post??? How about free expression??? I will take screen shot in my posts....and I will post in Facebook, Twitter, applestore, iTunes, and a lot or forums just because you delete user posts, We post the true, no insulting nobody, a lot of players will leave and You will lose your reputation.

Users here need a real support, in U.S.A. Exist laws about fraudelent actions, answer CJ45 or dont answer and delete again this post, I have screen shot Too, If u delete....You just giveme the reason 

We will wait your action  or fix this or give back all players money...

Have a nace day 

Yummyhen
01-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Solution: Camp like a bawss + defend like a bawss
= Win ;D

Yummyhen
01-16-2012, 09:00 PM
But.. I must say, ask yourself, can I create a game like this? Can I do better? If you are not satisfies try fixing the casualty yourself instead of flaming... Am I right?

asiscom
01-16-2012, 09:09 PM
But.. I must say, ask yourself, can I create a game like this? Can I do better? If you are not satisfies try fixing the casualty yourself instead of flaming... Am I right?

I will answer, If a company cant make then dont sell gold, when a APP sell wIthl real money is because then can fix, but If is a noob company put all totally free....ok Mr DEFENDER??? Wanna gold for defend Funzio?? LOL!!

Yummyhen
01-16-2012, 09:37 PM
I will answer, If a company cant make then dont sell gold, when a APP sell wIthl real money is because then can fix, but If is a noob company put all totally free....ok Mr DEFENDER??? Wanna gold for defend Funzio?? LOL!!
I applaud your very nice spelling and flaming. I'm sorry but I'm not a nerd that has no social life and goes on raging at people that are much better than you, they have a life you know? You are talk , you can only talk , and by your language you seem like a little kid that just lost his 5 dollars because he got raided by a level 2 . Seriously... No one cares about what you think, you are nothing but a coward that flames at people on a website that has a much better life than you. Umadbro?

Yummyhen
01-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Don't like this game .
Here is a simple solution for you :): DONT FRICKIN PLAY
Go on raging , thinking you know everything and the world is beneath our feet.
BUT IT'S NOT
You're only a useless kid that does nothing but flame, get a life, Im here to have fun not to listen to your
Kiddy statements.

Yummyhen
01-16-2012, 09:48 PM
I fully trust the developers, I know they will improve the game, asiscom, instead of uselessly flaming, try supporting them . If you don't want to GTFO.

asiscom
01-16-2012, 10:19 PM
I applaud your very nice spelling and flaming. I'm sorry but I'm not a nerd that has no social life and goes on raging at people that are much better than you, they have a life you know? You are talk , you can only talk , and by your language you seem like a little kid that just lost his 5 dollars because he got raided by a level 2 . Seriously... No one cares about what you think, you are nothing but a coward that flames at people on a website that has a much better life than you. Umadbro?

Mod Edit: Watch the language.

JMC
01-16-2012, 10:37 PM
I dont know why some of you would continue to attack and lose millions while this is going on.

chuck norris
01-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Currently, I am bringing 600 units into battle. The last few days I've read SO many threads and posts about the new casualty setting which CJ is calling a bug. But really, for whatever reason, I wasn't finding my casualties to be that horrendous. I was having more than normal, but they seemed to stay in the low cost range.

Until today.

My army is 600 strong right now. I'm using 300 high loss rangers, 150 medium loss fighter jets, 50 super hornets, and the remaining 100 is a mix of lows and very low loss units.

Today, my lowest casualty unit has been my Rangers. I **** you not. Through about 60 stamina points, I lost 10 Hornets, and about the same amount of rangers. JMC says why are we still fighting??? Well till today I wasn't all that affected. I just lost six of them in ten minutes. Two at one time in a 3400vs800 fight. Now I'm really pissed.

Mr C. This is a "bug"? And how exactly is "the fix out"? Great to hear that it wasn't a stupid team decision to somehow "balance the game". So, since your bug has drastically screwed with our gameplay, particularly our priceless VALOR UNITS, are you going to credit our stolen valor points?

Cookie
01-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Wish I read this 20 mins ago. I normally attack when I get close to levelling to complete goals but now with the casualties, its ridiculous. Not sure of exactly what I lost but during 1 atk I lost a sub + others and this was against a player with over 1500 def less than my atk.

Speed ump
01-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Guys if you try just making your thoughts and problems that you have with the game known calmly, I think you would be able to have a better dialogue with the developers, who are obviously listening to what we do say. I don't think name calling and degrading are very good incentives to try to have changes made, jut the oppisite I would imagine. I know people who are unhappy are more likely to post their thoughts here than ones that are mostly happy, it's the way of the world. Would you rather just like to vent, or really try to have changes made? I would imagine that changes take a whie to make, as they would have to try to see what other effects on play that the changes might affect. And even then they might actually screw up before correcting things. Just look at Microsoft for example. How many patches and bugs and updates do they have? Also realize that we can't all have each feature we would personally like to see added, as maybe others would not. I have seen other forums where it is apparent the developers are not even involved. I would not mind seeing an open forum to the developers to express different new ideas and thoughts on existing ones, without criticissim. Immediately delete any post that does not conform to this, and maybe they can actually incorporate of few of these ideas into the gameplay. I kep hearing people complain they just care about making money. I doubt anyone here would go to work without expectation of being paid for their work. And as with most sucessful businesses they would want to listen to their customers thoughts to Try to meet their needs. Just my 2 cents worth.

Speed ump
01-17-2012, 12:14 AM
I guess spam in forums is something new pretty new, I have never seen it in other forums before. Do they really believe any one will pay attention.

j12spk
01-17-2012, 04:42 AM

i love this game but am getting fed up with reading sh1te comments from "yummyhen". why are you always commenting on posters spellinging and flaming?

yummyhen - "No one cares about what you think, you are nothing but a coward that flames at people on a website". but this poster is entitled to his own opinu=ion and comment on a open forum.

Dover
01-17-2012, 05:33 AM
i love this game but am getting fed up with reading sh1te comments from "yummyhen". why are you always commenting on posters spellinging and flaming?

yummyhen - "No one cares about what you think, you are nothing but a coward that flames at people on a website". but this poster is entitled to his own opinu=ion and comment on a open forum.

Yummy is correct, we do not care about all the flaming. If you do not like the game, great, nice, leave, please. If you have an issue with the game please stop posting it in General. Open a in-game ticket, they reply much quicker than the website. This same old crap is getting old: I lose too many troops, I cant crush anyone 2000 def lower than my attack, people who spend money are picking on me, blah, blah blah. Go away and come back when someone tells you things have changed, PLEASE!

CJ54
01-17-2012, 05:39 AM
This goes for everyone: chill out on flaming each other without any other content. It's affecting the readability of the thread at this point, which is not helping anything.

osubuckeye
01-17-2012, 06:41 AM
At the danger of outing myself... I've experienced very low casualty rates compared to normal, starting approximately last Friday.

I was actually excited to come to the forum and cheer "yay the game is profitable again!"... and ran into this.

To be clear I'm still losing fodder every other battle. And I lost one valor unit and a frigate in the last 20 attacks. If you ask me, this is a drastic improvement from the usual. I'm accustomed to losing fodder in the form of 1-2 rangers every single battle and something more every 10th.

JMC
01-17-2012, 09:26 AM
You once said that the fix could not be implemented right away because it had to be tested and sent to apple kr something for approval and an official game update. Why is that? The bug itself came into the game without an official update, meaning something was edited. Also all the limited edition items as well as the 4 new maps were just implemented without and official update. So why does the but fix of a major problem require an official game update?

Tanner
01-17-2012, 11:45 AM
You once said that the fix could not be implemented right away because it had to be tested and sent to apple kr something for approval and an official game update. Why is that? The bug itself came into the game without an official update, meaning something was edited. Also all the limited edition items as well as the 4 new maps were just implemented without and official update. So why does the but fix of a major problem require an official game update?

compromised software or servers would answer both the question about the game play sudden change (esp. suspicious on a Friday night in my opinion) and the need for an official app update.

just sayin'

BenZozzy
01-17-2012, 03:12 PM
As previously added by other players the problem of high attrition remains unchanged. I have stopped attacking now as the cost is too high. I went from having 130 GIGN to just 89 in only 20 or so attacks all of which were against players with at least 1500 less attack/defense points. My meat shields are no longer being lost and I seem to lose $30,000 minimum on every lost attack. My attack score has taken a heavy hit and seems to be on a steady decline.

The game is broken in my mind and really close to being uninstalled. It's a shame because it has sooo much potential.

Level- 48
Attack- 4666
Defense- 5034
Income- $50,925 p/hr

JMC
01-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Why continue to attack if youre going to lose a quarter of your valor units?

I dont know about you guys, but everytime lose units i scroll down and check what they were.

michel
01-17-2012, 06:41 PM
I've just tried one raid to see if the problem is solve; I lost 2 GYGN (worth 400 valor) and gain $11k and 2 in valor. My attack is almost 7000 and my opponent was around 2000. Make no sense at all to me. If not adjusted, I will quit soon; no fun anymore.

Surferjames23
01-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Just raided someone with 300 less defense.... Lost flamethrower and warthog... Gained $2300.00.... Definitely not fixed yet....

Flipmode
01-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Have people tried building up your levels of cash-bought units?

Not just meat shields, but higher level units too.

I'm finding that the problem lay in an over reliance on valour units. Once my army was rebalanced I could attack as previously. Still lose the odd warthog but nothing I can't easily replace with base income.

The game has changed, try new strategies rather than focussing on the loss of one old one. If your entire game was based around a single infallible strategy are you at all surprised it was taken away?

Wildfire
01-18-2012, 05:22 PM

I'm finding that the problem lay in an over reliance on valour units. Once my army was rebalanced I could attack as previously. Still lose the odd warthog but nothing I can't easily replace with base income.

The game has changed, try new strategies rather than focussing on the loss of one old one. If your entire game was based around a single infallible strategy are you at all surprised it was taken away?

Once your past level 50 or so it's not that simple there are no affordable units that come close to the Super Hornet and Stealth Frigate as two examples, but had I ranked up under the current battle profile I probably wouldn't have got anywhere near as many of those units in the first place.

To completely change a strategy where you have been bringing several hundred very high value valor units into battle without losing them to losing them rapidly takes a lot of time to rebuild for, and it is many thousand valor points that I for one would have used differently had I known this change was coming. It gets more difficult to make major changes the further you rank up as the number of units involved is so much larger.

ratiatierna
01-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Yeap not fixed yet, i did 3 attacks on a 47 lvl with 1.7k defense whom i never lost a unit before, i am lvl 69 with 15k attack and i lost 5 units in the process, 3 stalkers, 1 apc and 1 flamethrower, gained 15 experience and 8 valor, so i loose 86k money and 75 in valor units for that, its not worth it, maybe the game is changing for a more pacifist mode, we can call it modern peace, lets all be allies so there are no enemies to fight with.
My id if someone wants to add me is 964595228

michel
01-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Completely agree with Wildfire. I'm level 45 and in my first 1700 attacks/raids, my casualties were reasonable; a major unit from time to time, but not that many. Since the fateful weekend (Jan. 14), in only 35 attacks, I lost 30 GYGN, 15 Avenger, 1 Harriet jet and 1 Anti aircraft, just to name these. When overall you lose a lot more than what you earn, I don't consider this to be normal. Oh, by the way I only have 33 losses, all at my low levels.

Flipmode
01-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Are all level 45+ players having this problem?

I know you're more experienced than me, but it does sound like the most complaints involve armies which rely on having their Attack/Defence massively inflated by Valour units. Just wondered if anyone had actively attempted a rebalance by banking valour rather than spending it and building up on alternative units.

May result in lesser stats, but if casualty figures reduce to a break even point then so be it.

BenZozzy
01-18-2012, 06:18 PM

But shouldn't the units' attack and defense stats matter more than the method of payment. For me (non gold player) I grab the valour units which are supposedly low casualty rates and higher a/d than any other unit except gold units, as I need to spend the cash on upgrades and missions etc. I assume this would be a common strategy that a big percentage of players would employ. Besides that, until a player has the advanced unit buildings unlocked to a substantial level, the higher end units are not an option anyway.

The changes made to the game last week are seemingly a way of penalizing players that don't buy gold in my book.

Just my 2c

zynshmily
01-18-2012, 06:57 PM
seems like the ship of "absolute zero loss" has shipped regardless how feeble your opponent is.

Don't believe the low casualty rating of valor units. Valor units are extremely vulnerable, true story.

chuck norris
01-18-2012, 07:09 PM
The casualty formula is somehow targeting valor units, most frequently in fight where attacker far overpowers the defender. That's the bug. It's still there bad as ever. I will often only suffer one or two losses in a series of hits against a single player, but they are hornets. It is zoning in on my 40 Hornets even though they are surrounded by 300 fighters/medium loss and 200 rangers/high loss and 40 subs. Valor is treated as very very high loss.

Now would be a great time to hear from CJ again. If you guys actually changed something, for any reason, then for swear word sake tell us already. if not, an update please.

Cookie
01-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Hey BenZozzy, it happens to Gold players as well, unless they have bought 100's of units.

This is not a whinge but just fix the problem as we all cant offord to spend lots of $ on gold.

I am at lvl51, around 3800 ATK, 147 allies, 1690 units (Units used 588). I performed 2 attacks on a lvl50, 1563 DEF, 194 allies, 377 units (Units used 288).

First attack lost Chinock Helicopter and Tree Sniper and they lost a Sniper, second attack Submarine and them nothing. Didnt want to risk any more units.

JMC
01-18-2012, 08:02 PM
In the higher levels there is no way to use meatshields. My meat shields are flamethrowe soldiers and heavy gunners. Though pvp units tend to be pretty decent meatshields that work regardless if theyre supposed to be in your army or not. Still it is not worth it to attack anyone as i very often lose my valor units as well as units worth 200K+. Right now even if someone has 1 defense and 200million dollars it still might not even bring much of a gain.

Agent Orange
01-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Yup attacking still has huge losses.

My level 4 player bought an anti aircraft vehicle for 225,000 and lost it on their first attack even though they were twice as strong and won.

Absolutely not worth attacking/raiding now even at low levels.

This is neat a war game where waging war is a mistake how freudian is that.......

Tanner
01-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Are all level 45+ players having this problem?

I know you're more experienced than me, but it does sound like the most complaints involve armies which rely on having their Attack/Defence massively inflated by Valour units. Just wondered if anyone had actively attempted a rebalance by banking valour rather than spending it and building up on alternative units.

May result in lesser stats, but if casualty figures reduce to a break even point then so be it.

Here are my PvP results. goo.gl/8SlGK (goo.gl/8SlGK)

It looks like it might be only levels higher than me. I'm a level 42 and not suffering these kind of losses. Of course, I've stopped doing anything that causes me to gain XP, save the occasional revenge attack once in a while.

JMC
01-18-2012, 10:43 PM
My brother found a level 72 with 1 defense score. Obvious cheater, but nevertheless he only had 1 alliance defense. My brother who has over 28000 attack score attacked him to see the result. Guess what, he lost an m270 mlrs and an anti aircraft vehicle. That pretty much gaurantees that no matter how much stronger you are than someone atm you will lose units. Also shows that the unit loss now os pretty much random, since he has the fewest m270 mlrs's out of all his valir units and he doesnt have that many anti-aircraft vehicles. People that are saying that this is not a problem and just something that needs to be adapted to are crazy.

Either that or you guys are playing a different game. I know the game is very inconsistent from player to player. For instance my brothers expansions were much cheaper than mine for a while and now mine are cheaper than his while im 3-4 territories ahead. Also his vaults take 178 hours to upgrade while mine takes 168 hours.

Flipmode
01-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Tanner, could you post a brief breakdown of your army?

I have been losing rangers where you lose desert leaders, but would expect to lose one or two valour units in that many attacks.

Current attack 3,400+
Included is 1,690 points of attack from valour units (before any bonuses).

Thinking it may bf this ratio that might get the valour units targeted for losses ahead of more fragile units. This would cover how someone relying heavily on the even more expensive valour units with only sub $10k units for the rest of the army would notice significant losses in that unit type.

Genuinely interested to hear battle results more than just single stories of attacks gone wrong and massive losses without a breakdown of the army used.

Hen
01-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Has any one noticed that they get a lot more losses when they get attacked now?

It used to be that I would loss 1-3 guys when people attached me but now I am losing upto 10 guys from a single person attacking me. This is crazy and I am about to quit the game if it becomes this unfair. Unfortunatly I am being attached by people at lvl 70+ and I am still in the 50s. I have even had people attack me who are in the 100+. I can not seem to find any one on my attack list below 50 and these guys can see me when I am 50+ lvls below them. How is this all possible. If they can attack me then I should be able to attack a person in the 20-40 range (not that I think that is fair).

Just venting my frustration.

hen

JMC
01-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Has any one noticed that they get a lot more losses when they get attacked now?

It used to be that I would loss 1-3 guys when people attached me but now I am losing upto 10 guys from a single person attacking me. This is crazy and I am about to quit the game if it becomes this unfair. Unfortunatly I am being attached by people at lvl 70+ and I am still in the 50s. I have even had people attack me who are in the 100+. I can not seem to find any one on my attack list below 50 and these guys can see me when I am 50+ lvls below them. How is this all possible. If they can attack me then I should be able to attack a person in the 20-40 range (not that I think that is fair).

Just venting my frustration.

hen

Yeah i used to lose 1 or 2 units when attacked but now im losing like 3-5 and they're more expensive units.

As for your issue, there are a lot of people with that same issue, pretty much what's happening is before level 50 your range was about 10 levels or something like that so 40-50. But after you reach level 50, everyone who is above level 50 is in the same rival pool. It is unfair, but if it were not like this, for the higher levels the rivals list would be so small that it'd just be stupid and pointless to even bother playing at those levels. Honestly by now i think there are enough players to make a 50-60 range and change the top tier to 60+ though. unfortunately with the casualty rate, you can't really do anything but try and maintain strength. Quickly increasing strength atm without buying gold is pretty much impossible.

michel
01-19-2012, 03:50 AM
I lost 15% of my valor units in the last 30 battles or so, of what had taken me over 1800 battles to gain. If you think this is a normal ratio, I don't.

chuck norris
01-19-2012, 05:07 PM
We all deserve valor credits to make up for these ridiculous losses. It is a bug after all y'know.

Hen
01-19-2012, 06:29 PM
I lost 15% of my valor units in the last 30 battles or so, of what had taken me over 1800 battles to gain. If you think this is a normal ratio, I don't.

it is absolutly crazy right now with the number of casualties that I am taking both on attacking and defending. I really do not know how people can move forward at a later level unless they completely set them selves up by turtling at at an earlier stage. And even then I think they would have issues keeping up with the Gold players.

Hen

nighthunter
01-19-2012, 08:21 PM
I think when you were attacked 10 times, they used to show only the lost from last (or first, no way to know) battle, which results in "missing units", and now they show all the units you lost from 10 attacks.

ratiatierna
01-20-2012, 07:18 AM
The bug messed up the casualty rate since last friday, last night i attacked a player 26 lvls lower than me just to test how many casualties i had, i lost an anti aircraft unit for $225,000 cost and a bradley for $35,000, the other player didnt loose anything, my most concern is the risk i have on loosing units that cost over $600,000 to gain 5 experience, way to risky, i used to level up 1 lvl per day, now it takes 3 to 4 days to level up, my 26 stamina is just sitting around there

Aidan
04-19-2012, 04:26 AM
I was reading AO's guide thread n he linked this thread in his guide. The first post was on Jan 14, now it's April 14 n still no fix. I dont know whether to cry or laugh or both at the same time (would be cool if i can do tht 😱 )

Most people hv moved on since last couple of months - quit the game / keep on attacking regardless / just focused on pve / go mad n go golden army.

Waiting fr the fix is like waiting for the rain in a drought. I'm not whining here, i'm just... a bit sad. Hope the upcoming pvp level update will address this issue.

cheiz
04-19-2012, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the bump Aidan. Good point also! A little progress update from the devs would be appreciated

Poopenshire
04-19-2012, 06:25 AM
We have been documenting this in several threads over the last few weeks as there was once again a boost in losses. AT this point we need to accept its part of the game, and probably will be an increasing part of the game.

cheiz
04-19-2012, 06:27 AM
You make it sound like it's intentional. Tho CJ54 reported that this is a bug. Has that been resolved then?

Crime City Mark
04-19-2012, 07:05 AM
Thread necro is a violation of the forum rules.