PDA

View Full Version : Still collect & loot drops without wifi connection

TenderPlacebo
01-12-2012, 04:58 PM
I just found out that you can collect on buildings and go to maps for loot drops without being connected to server. This could be old news, but it's new and great news for me.
I play on iPad thats wifi model only and i work outside, so no chance of getting wifi signal in middle of woods. Your hood and maps must run off a separate in game timer system of some sorts. I was leaving my iPad at home and wasting valuable energy and missing out on those 3,6,8 collection.
I got a M4 drop while taking a break today, super excited to see that it works like this. While I can collect and buy items I just can't deposit cash in bank, so I could still get robbed. I think that a sweet trade off in order to be able to make those extra collection. I work 4 10 hr days so I miss out on a lot of money during work, this is a big improvement on my real income.
I just thought I would share in case someone had similar circumstances to me and they where leaving device behind because there is no wifi. I get a lot of great info on this site and am hoping this might contribute something back, I hope. It's a possibility that I'm the only one that didn't know about this little insight into the game mechanics, but I'm hopeful there are other out there.

Ffej
01-12-2012, 05:15 PM
How do you get past the initial screen when it is trying to connect to the server. I normally get an error message saying that you can't connect to server or something like that.

Do you just connect, and then leave the game running and take it where you don't have a connection?

dudeman
01-12-2012, 05:23 PM
You can do anything without wifi if you opened the game within range of wifi and didn't close the game before leaving the connection area.

The only problem with that is that you may think you collected your buildings, but you didn't. You can't bank because you're not connected, so you can't tell the server "hey, I have this much money to bank".

When you "collect" your buildings, you're still not telling the server, "look, money collected, nothing left to rob."

As for spending energy, yes you can do that, but you still can't bank and any loot you collect isn't really added to your inventory until you connect to the server.

Just trying to let you know to not depend on doing this when you have a big collection coming up.

TenderPlacebo
01-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Oops forgot to mention that. Yea you just connect to server when you have connection, then keep it in game. You can't back out to home or another app or you can't get back in. That is the only downfall about it i guess to cant really use the rest of ipad.I don't have time to mess around with other things at work, but I can turn it on and collect real quick.
Hope that cleared things up. thanks for asking I totally spaced on that part, pretty important part too:)

TenderPlacebo
01-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Yea dudeman is right n the money.
I don't do it with my big collection buildings, those I can collect when I can connect.

Dudeman
So essentially my buildings can still be robbed? even though I collected the server doesn't know so a rival sees it as available building to rob. Is that what your sayin?
So say I have $0 on hand when I disconnect form server, then collect later on and have 20,000 on me, if a rival attacks me will he get $0 or would he get $2000?

dudeman
01-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Yea dudeman is right n the money.
I don't do it with my big collection buildings, those I can collect when I can connect.

Dudeman
So essentially my buildings can still be robbed? even though I collected the server doesn't know so a rival sees it as available building to rob. Is that what your sayin?
So say I have $0 on hand when I disconnect form server, then collect later on and have 20,000 on me, if a rival attacks me will he get $0 or would he get $2000?

Okay, so you start out within range of your wifi, do your business, and leave the wifi area with no money buildings matured and $0 on hand.

Rivals will get $0 from an attack because the server will still think you have $0 on hand, regardless of how much cash you collect after you leave the connection.

Your buildings can still be robbed as normal, even if you do collect them. That's because the server still thinks you haven't made the collections.

Basically, you're not connected to the server, so nothing you do will be updated until you connect again.