PDA

View Full Version : What is farming?

Ram
01-12-2012, 12:41 PM
I just received this pm:

I'm in your mafia, your probably the highest ranking member in mine. I just need a to know what actually farming is? I have been playing this game since August 28th and just thought that I play for points, (respect points and game points) complete missions and level up. I'm noticing that I am not getting all the info needed to maximize my efforts. Currently I'm at level 115 with 11051/12469 Att/Def income $20209. I have Mastered up to Circuit Street and I'm working on Level 2 of Seaside. I need to get a real boost to continue, I have got rivals who are at higher levels and stronger than me, bombarding me right now.

Which brings me to my point, on missions, can they be farmed after I have mastered the 5th level? Is farming when I go through a mission and get a weapon and come back to the same exact location where I got it from after my energy replenishes, and tap it out although the yellow arrow is now gone? Do I keep it at that level until I am satisfied with my findings, or do I level up on the mission and come to that spot again? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks Zues

Help this guy out!

Duke.0
01-12-2012, 12:46 PM
http://www.northfieldhistoricalsociety.org/Catalogue/FarmLi36.jpg

Oh did you mean farming of items? Simple really, you do what the guy in the picture is doing, only you use M4, NATO, StoneHammer, and Bombsquad seeds. Add plenty of water and sun shine...Watch it grow. Then pick them around harvest time.

dudeman
01-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Farming is knowing what loot items drop at specific map locations, and then using you energy to complete the job specific to the loot item you want.

Afaik, any job can be done at any time as long as you have the energy for it and the prerequisite items in your inventory. The yellow arrows only show jobs you haven't done yet, but having completed a job does not mean you can't do it again. If that were the case, this discussion wouldn't be happening (farming would not be possible).

Duke.0
01-12-2012, 12:52 PM
In all reality:

Farming (for CC) is the process of doing the same mission over and over again, and by doing so, you attempt to gather a mass quantity of a particular item. Such as the blue scrap box in the junkyard. You keep clicking on it and hope you get M4A1 guns as the result. You can do this over and over again (there is no limit), which is how people have 500 of a particular "loot" item such as M4A1, State Jackets etc..

A Loot item is one that can't be bought with money or respect. It can only be got through either PVP or Farming it from a location on one of the maps.

Anubis
01-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Camping (in CC) is maximising the thing you are after for your level (could be (R) or income/upgrades.

Typically, Camping in other MMO's is waiting for a certain monster to apear so you can claim it and kill it. Or in some RPG's, you can make a camp to restore your HP/MP ~~

Just thought I'd add the definition of camping as farming and camping are sometimes mixed up.

Rarelibra
01-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Farming is continually visiting the hood of players who are level 115 with 11051/12469 Att/Def and income $20209 to school them over and over on the finer version of the game. :)

Royal Flush
01-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Dont think they got what they needed from the wizard of Oz!

Stitch
01-12-2012, 10:33 PM
I will note that one can also forgo the "mastering" of locations to take advantage of a recently opened location that has an object desirable for farming. In my case, I jumped from a mastered Civic Center to Junkyard as soon as that location became available.

In skipping 11 locations I may have missed out on some ordinary unique loots, RPs, cash, mafia members and 11 skill points, but the experience gains from them (as well as my PVP xps) would shoot me to a much higher level. As it is, I feel I'm leveling too fast and I feel the need to consolidate.

The downside of this strategy is some stiff upfront costs to equip for the higher level missions and the possibility of not having sufficient Energy to continue to farm effectively.