PDA

View Full Version : Upscale Club

deuces
01-11-2012, 03:30 PM
This good looking building keeps staring me in the face in the store...4m is a bit much for me right now, but would probably only take 3 days of saving everything to get...so its kinda within reach.

What're everyones thoughts on the building tho?

The quick build time is a definite plus, but its ROI is slightly worse than the crematorium unlocked 2 levels earlier. Do the quick build/upgrade times make the upscale club much more valuable?

I think im skipping the crematorium, and the next buildings i'll get are the rock cafes. I have 15 levels before those tho, so i think unless people are pretty against the upscale club that will be my next building.

procsyzarc
01-11-2012, 03:37 PM
It is a better return on space and will remain useful at end game where as you may or may not bother keeping crematorium's as their return may not be justified, also can look at the time it takes to level a cematorium to a useful level and how much income this will lose in the time it levels, it might close the gap a bit.

Tramp Stamp
01-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Upscale Club smokes the Crematorium. Once the similar ROI period is up it'll be pulling over triple. The upgrade ROIs are very good for the $/hr gain and convenient payout period.

deuces
01-12-2012, 05:05 AM
Thanks for the responses. Rather than start a new thread, i'll just ask about this here.

I bought a beachside inn when they first came out, and havent done any upgrades or anything. Im starting to prepare for more longterm i guess, so im looking to build 24 hour payouts that i can upgrade to high levels, and still have solid worth towards endgame.

This building is available really early at level 39, but still at level 10 it pays out 412.5k or a little over 17k/hour with tycoon...which is pretty solid for such an early building.

Its not close to the upscale club or dominican restaurants tho. With the larger footprint and higher cost up upgrades.

So i guess im just wondering if people think they're worth it, or if money would be better spent going towards MT (level 5)/loft (level 2)/dominican (level 3) upgrades until those are done?

MadHatter
01-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Don't be cheap get them all.....

Tramp Stamp
01-12-2012, 10:49 AM
So i guess im just wondering if people think they're worth it, or if money would be better spent going towards MT (level 5)/loft (level 2)/dominican (level 3) upgrades until those are done?

Pounding the Lofts and Movie Theaters is my recommendation, along with choosing a third tier of upgrades that pay themselves off relatively quickly while saving up for more upgrades to Lofts and Movie Theaters. For you I'd recommending taking the lowest ROI upgrade between the Dominican and Beachside so as not to drain too much upgrade cash away from the Lofts and Movie Theaters. If you look at the spreadsheet you'll see you have more to go with the Dominicans before Beachside becomes economical.

deuces
01-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Great thanks. For the new couple weeks im going to focus all money on upgrades for

1. loft
2. MT
3. dominican
4. smoke shops
5. beachside inn

Will work in that order, based on whats nearest to collection, roi, and cash on hand. I'll try to do loft/mt whenever i can, but will also try not to fully deplete my bank for an upgrade.

madawgg
01-12-2012, 03:58 PM
lol i'd definitely get them coz they look nice and i do have this artistic touch in myself

Penutt
01-12-2012, 05:52 PM
The church isn't a bad ROI either because the upgrades are cheaper than other high end buildings

deuces
01-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Interesting, didnt realize that. Thanks penutt. Looks like once im doing ~$2m upgrades the church will definitely get upgraded. For non mt/loft upgrades im only on 500k, so i have a bit to go...but i will definitely add that into the mix with the other 5 at that point.

Tramp Stamp
01-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Church is a nice add-on at level 1, but I recommend shelving the upgrades because they cost twice as much as the Loft's yet deliver less as a whole. Of course if you're done with Lofts and Movie Theaters then go for it.

deuces
01-12-2012, 06:30 PM
So you'd get movie theatres and lofts to level 10 before church to level 2?

and get those other 3 buildings to level 10 before others as well? or is there a cap you'd stop at for dominican/beachside/smoke shop and move on to raising other type b buildings to level 2+?

Tramp Stamp
01-12-2012, 08:21 PM
I'd throw Church in its place with the 3rd tier ROI upgrades. It's just that it'll take so long to get to that you'll have reevaluated your position by then.

As for Type B in general, my advice for all practical purposes is to stick with gold and gold-equivalent upgrades. The final regular Type B buildings are very powerful but are so cost prohibitive to upgrade that you basically need to be done with everything else to make them economical. Type B upgrades tend to sour at about level 4 because they increase in price by 67%, same as Type A, but yield slower growth when compared to Type A. Due to higher comparative base payouts, there's a stronger economic case for upgrading multiple gold type Type Bs to level 4.

This is an active area of research for me so I may change my mind later. I need a few more weeks of pushing Movie Theaters and Lofts.

deuces
01-13-2012, 01:42 AM
Thanks again for the responses tramp, really helpful.

I started/completed the 466k smoke shop level 4 upgrade and started the 2.12m loft level 3 upgrade today. Had 1.55m in the bank after starting the smoke shop, and now i have 860k. ~13 hours, and i earned 1.4m with a 33k/hr income! (earned 1.573m, but paid 10% to bank it all fml. Huge robbing day, found my first person ever with over 300k (he had 465k!) and tons of churches anchor imports, crematoriums, etc.

I think once my lofts are to level 4 (3m upgrade) and movie theaters are to level 7 (3m also) i'll build the upscale clubs. Hopefully get this done by the time the next 12/24 hour building becomes available.

Any advice on when $/hr wise one should start thinking about a nightclub?

deuces
01-13-2012, 03:07 AM
The upgrade time on MT level 7 is too long for right now i think...so im going to get lofts to level 4 and mt's level 6. If i can accumulate 1.5m/day, i should be able to do strictly those upgrades for the next 11 days (probably will take 12-12.5 since some of the upgrades will finish while im sleeping.) Its going to be hell trying to time all these upgrades. All 4 are going to be on different payout schedules...fml this is gonna be brutal.

Tramp Stamp
01-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Any advice on when $/hr wise one should start thinking about a nightclub?

Probably in the $150k-$250k range. By that point Movie Theaters will be done and a level 8 Loft upgrade will exceed the Nightclub's sticker price. The good news is by then those buildings by themselves will generate north of $100k/hr if you're a Tycoon.

deuces
01-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Any reason to build an internet company other than completing the goal?

I guess up to level 5 its roi isnt too bad, maybe in a 4th tier of buildings?

Tramp Stamp
01-13-2012, 07:43 PM
I guess up to level 5 its roi isnt too bad, maybe in a 4th tier of buildings?

Internet Company is a perfect example of a 4th tier building. It's not bad at level 1 for when you get it, but it's not worth throwing any money at, either.

deuces
01-13-2012, 07:55 PM
ya, seems like a complete waste once you're past maybe level 65. unless you plan on upgrading it to a high level, but by that point theres always going to be something better to upgrade.