PDA

View Full Version : To be honest, a good economy doesn't seem necessary....

Holicaholic
01-11-2012, 06:45 AM
I'm fairly new to the forums and so haven't been privy to a lot of strategies, but it seems like there is actually very little need for an economy in this game. If you just rob/attack other players to the point where you can eventually farm M4s it seems like the money from both farming and attacking would be enough to purchase all the SGs you would need (from what I see the only item people spend money on). Then with your RPs you just dump them into NVGs and Excelleros.

MIRITE?

downrange
01-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Follow the logic though. Two points.

1 - If everyone did this, there would be nobody to rob.
2 - Folks who do have a roaring economy take the same robbing-others path, but get way more money over time due to their own collections, even if it was only the 40% remainder (which is significant!). Then they can additionally buy the expensive high-end gear like FBI Shields and load up on (and replace) explosives leaving others in the dust, so they can't rob as effectively, etc.

I think folks with zero economy do very well with that. For a while. The very best get into a virtuous cycle, but 99% eventually hit the vicious cycle instead and then quit, so we don't hear from them again. Just an opinion though. Play the game as you want. It's here for fun.

Certes
01-11-2012, 07:11 AM
3- At the higher levels, people are much better about collecting, and have optimized their hoods so that collection times are synched.

Players like you have nothing to rob, and quit the game.

downrange
01-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Additionally, I like to think of it like this. As a hood owner, I get 40% of all collections, guaranteed. I can also 'rob' myself for that first 60% many times more effectively than the general CC population who happens to bracket in my Rivals calculation.

And I know all the timers and can reset them when I want to, and view them at any time - which I obviously cannot do to other folks' hoods. All this for the cost of reinvesting rather than spending all my profits and robbery income on gear, which, as you noted is not particularly demanding until you get to garrotes.

I'm clearly sold on developing an economy though, and maybe I have blinders on.

Holicaholic
01-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Don't get me wrong here; I have an economy and plan on building it for the foreseeable future. All I'm saying is that it doesn't seem necessary at all even if you want to be competitive.

Max Power
01-11-2012, 07:37 AM
You can get by on lower levels against dumb players, but the higher you go the smarter they get. The "no economy from buildings" business model is not sustainable.

Holicaholic
01-11-2012, 07:50 AM
You can get by on lower levels against dumb players, but the higher you go the smarter they get. The "no economy from buildings" business model is not sustainable.

Why? I just don't see the need for money after you've bought the garrottes. I'll have an economy on here till I stop playing because it's kinda fun to manage it, but other than that it just seems like the necessary money can come from other places is all.

Anubis
01-11-2012, 08:06 AM
1) Its a very fun aspect of the game
2) You will never get things like 500 FBI shields, or even further down - helicoptors (20/20) and some bad ass fighter jet for 84M 24/36
3) You won't be able to complete all the goals
4) like other have said, by level 150 you will find next to nothing to rob.
5) You won't be able to afford good att explosives that you can control not to lose
6) you will get bored of the game very quickly

It just seems like no point in playing if your not going to make a 'hood'. Defence bulidings are practically useless and do next to nothing for your actual defence score.

EDIT: By level 70 you will be one of these players that uses cardboard boxes to write something on their hood like 'This game is ****'.

hunter
01-11-2012, 08:16 AM
if you are not ready to pay for gold buildings, building good economy consume too much time, effort & in the end you easily realize that spending 50 bucks give you much more than build/upgrade buildings in several months...

Yes, good economy is not for non-gold players.

With gold players, certainly it's fun to play hood building.

Certes
01-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Because while Steel Garrotes may be a good mid-range melee weapon, they are not even close to the last thing you'll need to buy. SGs will only get you so far - After awhile you're going to be going up against people with stronger weapons, and you'll need to buy the next must have weapon on the list.

procsyzarc
01-11-2012, 12:22 PM
I took the same approach just couldn't see where how money mattered since respect items seemed a lot better and robbing got more money than I knew what to do with already.

Then I saw a level 200 on my list and visited them and noticed they had a hood with 6M per hour income and some nice items like jets which were better than the best respect items and the only way to be able to afford them was to build a hood to the same type of income since it would take forever to rob 84M per item.

This game does miss lead you a bit since you look at what can be brought with money and see things like armoured limos for $7M with worse stats than the bike for 325 rp but as you level better money items do open up that are better than respect item.

Also as mentioned it does add an extra dimension to the game you may spend more than you get back for a very long time but what else is there to spend money on, and robbing does get old pretty quick if you have nothing to spend the money on.

erik
01-11-2012, 06:12 PM
EDIT: By level 70 you will be one of these players that uses cardboard boxes to write something on their hood like 'This game is ****'.

LOL!

If you have no economy, you will have no end game. I see a fraction of the looting opportunities @ about 120 that I saw @ 100.