PDA

View Full Version : Gold Units: quality vs. quantity

Sepi
01-11-2012, 06:19 AM
Hi!

This question has puzzled me for a while. Letīs say you have 1000 Gold pieces, and thereīs this "Super Limited Item" (Like now we have as limited item Robot Walker straight from Robocop) of stats 250/250 or similar. Would you buy it or rather take 20 items of 50 Gold pieces for something 25/25?

Seems like more the merrier for higher stat boost, but in the end, some of those inexpensive items may even come obsolete as end-tier units get unlocked.

Any thoughts or your personal preferences/strategies? Iīve seen many players with 20+ Deadly Rebels or Gatling Tanks and those who have bough 3-5 Laser Aircrafts or Party Dirigibles. And of course those who have both. ;)

Cheers,
Sepi

vitus79
01-11-2012, 06:37 AM
hi sepi,

was thinking about that too for a while. im purchasing gold every now and then aswell.
im one of them who got like 10 deadly rebels, 10 super cobras etc..
got em right after starting mw coz i thought this is similar to cc and wouldnt get behind by doing same misstakes as in cc when i started.
but somehow i came to the conclusion, once ur economy and upgrades are going well theres no need to get the "cheap" goldunits anymore coz the highest units to purchase with money and especially valor are almost close to their stats.

so i think in semi and long term it might be better to get those units which have like double their stats, pieces around 100-200gold to boost your overall strength.

greets,

v

chuck norris
01-11-2012, 10:28 AM
definitely quality. low to mid quality gold units will be replaced with on par with high cost cash units around level 50. Then you'd had bought stronger golds.

But in the long run? Spend hundreds or do not spend any at all. seriously. Theres no point only buying one or two. Speaking from experience.

zynshmily
01-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Understand your confusion. been there myself.

The part you are missing is the limited size of the army.

The alliance number is capped at 500 for now, which means you can only have 2000 (best) units in the battlefield.

Dont get me wrong, of course you can have more than 500 alliance numbers, but only 500(or your level times 5) is effective to the war. i.e. if you have 2000 party dirigible, its theoretically the most powerful army for the moment.

you might wanna refer to "menu-more-help-"how to play""FAQ"". it will give you a basic grasp on game mechanics.

Sepi
01-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the replys so far. Of cource I forgot to mention that alliance size part, thanks for reminding zynshmily! Itīs quite tempting to have lots of inexpensive Gold units, but it also means that your normal money units will be more vulnerable to casualties as you can only use XX-number of those, depending on your level and Alliance size.

I play Germany and have bought few Gold units here and there. Iīve also noticed that many regular and limited edition units are "Strong vs. Ground", and not yet powerful Ground units have been released as far as I know (the best one is Arctic Radar with 40/125, Strong vs. Sea). Hopefully I get my hands on somekind Super Tank someday. :)

Ramshutu
01-11-2012, 12:26 PM
It would depend on the gold/stat. For ed109, you get about 450 of stats versus 950 gold, so you are paying over 2 gold per stat point. On the gatt you are paying 40 for 50 or so stat points, under 1 gold per state.

The benefit of this is, obviously ignoring the unit capping, you can make yourself more competitive for less gold. If you are nowhere near your unit cap, then it makes more sense to go with the individual units if your interested solely in boosting your stats.

Importantly, it is easier to send 2.99 every couple of weeks on individual units than it is to splurge 13.99 or more in a day.

Meddicc
01-11-2012, 02:35 PM
I think it is best going with lower cost gold units. They far outweigh the larger units. Robot Walker 950g. 252/204
Deadly Rebel x 8 = 256 / 208. for only 400g. If I spend 950g on deadly Rebels I would have (608 / 494). Honestly, if you max out at 2000 units (only for fighting, you can have more units for Questing), tell me you would not have room for like 100 of the lowest gold units in each area.

You should get the Robot walker, as you will only have 1999 spots left for other units, and you don’t want only 1981 units left if you brought the Deadly Rebels (sarcasm)

I don’t think anyone would spend gold on 2000 units. And I would say gold units are always used in fights over money units, so in Theory, get the lower Gold units, more bang for your buck.